OnceSane

S09.E16: Roamin' Bob-iday

The family forces workaholic Bob to take a much-needed day off, only for him to wind up working at a local sandwich shop. Meanwhile, Linda and the kids throw a last minute baby shower at the restaurant for a female biker group.

Airs March 10, 2019.

Neighbor: Clothes Before Hoes

Gardening Attire

Exterminator: One Squish Two Squish Red Squish Dead Squish

Burger(s) of The Day: I Hate To See You Brie-ve But I Love To Watch You Go Burger (I think? That's what I was able to make out), Murder Kimchi Wrote Burger

I loved burnout Bob. "HI, LESLIE!" had to be the biggest laugh tonight, followed by Teddy drinking the ketchup coffee. Repeatedly. And after that, the bread perv. He seemed like such a season 1 character and I need to see him again.

The Fishoeders really were the best people to help Bob relax. They just do not give a shit, and are rich. That's all they do, and it's perfect. We should really be worried that Bob is a workaholic (he sang a whole song about it), but I really liked seeing him help out Patricia. He's just too pure when it comes to food. We really do need to see Patricia again, we need closure on her and Steve.

So we got another biker baby, and Gene is somehow a father now. (Probably called dibs)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 6

Linda (talking about the kids): 'But they'll also be the thing you're proudest of.'

Louise: 'We're a damn treat.'

It was just like Bob to resist taking a day off, but I like that he knew that the family did it because they thought it was best for him.   I hope we see Patricia again. 

Edited by BooksRule
  • Like 7

When Bob woke up alone, I noticed the pants lying on the floor next to the bed. I guess he didn't learn from Valentine's day.

Wow I'm surprised "easy beavers" got by the censors. 

I did like Bob walking around just to see more of the town. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Wow I'm surprised "easy beavers" got by the censors. 

If they could get away with Cleavage To Beaver, they could get away with that. But I was surprised to hear it, too.

I would have enjoyed this episode more if Bob had gotten involved in the  Fishoeders' wacky hijinks, rather than "he's a workaholic who doesn't like to take time off." Mostly because that isn't true. We've seen Bob take plenty of time off to do leisure activities and close the restaurant to do so: wine train; taking the kids to find the love tester; going to the ball game in the afternoon, etc.

• Like 2

This episode was just meh for me. I love Bob but I'm getting the feeling that my favorite episodes tend to be the ones that feature the kids.

• Like 2

"Does it come out riding a tiny motorcycle, I forget." 

The Fishoeders really are the best people to go to for doing nothing productive whatsoever, bored eccentric rich people are amazing at spending a lot of time and money doing nothing whatsoever. 

Its great that Bob loves his work, but he really should take a little time off. Think of the mustard on that burger, Bob! I hope we see Patricia again, I need to know how things went with Steve!

• Like 2

Fishoeder wanted a $1000 buy in for the snail wrestling though. Bob would have to pass on that. He's doesn't have that kind of walking around money.

The sandwich shop was really hopping. I'm wondering where it is in location to Bob's and Jimmy's. It still baffles me why Bob doesn't get more business regularly. 

Also I forgot to add last night. Good call on Linda for making sliders for the party. 

• Like 3

I really liked this episode after being a little underwhelmed for the last couple (not that they were bad, but they were not memorable to me)  Now I'm going to need to try each of these sandwiches.  

• Like 6

I really liked this ep. The two songs were great, though I think I preferred Mr Fishoeder's one. Clever lyrics.

Grover Fishoeder is a great name.

I think my favorite joke was when Steve said one of his fingers was too short, Bob said that's his thumb, then Steve said, "Then what's this?" revealing his thumb/other thumb/something. 

The bit with the bread perv was funny, esp when that real bread perv came down the street like a zombie looking for brains.

• Like 3

Holy cow, bless the person who transcribed the entire sandwich menu. And as someone who loves food, I just read every one and now have to take some notes. (And I'm not even really a sandwich person!)

I loved the menu rap during the end credits.

Does Linda now qualify as a doula?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1