Jump to content
Galloway Cave

S10:04 Kody's Shocking Move

Recommended Posts

On 2/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, suev3333 said:

Pretty soon he's going to be all bald on top and just a tuft of frizz in the back.🤣

I haven't watched in forever but was bored today. He's so full of shit his eyes are brown.

But i managed to get a screenshot of his new 'do.

0212-pepper-2.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 21
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, endure said:

I was just on Meri's Instagram site - she is selling Lularoe? and has set up a website apparently.  I understand that company is having some issues recently but don't know if they are in serious trouble.  I believe it is one of those companies that has individuals promote their product.

Not just Meri, a whole bunch of them are selling it now.  

The company is having a lot of issues, they had a bunch of quality issues a few years ago, lots of consultants left and they have been cut off and are being sued by their former primary supplier.  That supplier was also the holder of the licensing agreement they had with Disney and they apparently also owned the designs for some of the clothing, so now they are scrambling to have stuff to fulfill orders for consultants to sell.  Meanwhile, they are being sued for MILLIONS of dollars and they have owed lots of consultants refunds for more than a year, and it looks like the owners of the company have been shifting assets around through various LLCs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 8:30 PM, laurakaye said:

Hard to take a guy seriously as a leader when he has a Shirley Temple perm.  What an ass.

Not to mention those stupid & cheap flip flops he seems to wear all the time.  A decent pair of men's sandals would look much better.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:01 PM, jacksgirl said:

Lost my post. So many brides shop with a mom and step mom that having two moms is absolutely no big deal. Nobody cares about your wacky family dynamics Brown family.

I was thinking the same thing. I agree, nowadays it's not a big thing for a person to have more than one mom, no matter how they came to be.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:04 PM, suomi said:

Those hats were hideous. I was confused as to the message delivered by Hannah's one-button-from-disaster cardigan over near gouging bra straps: dressed? Undressed? Dressed? Undressed? 

I fell asleep and/or changed channels  during the hats part.  Now you piqued my interest about what Hannah was wearing so I'm going to have to go back & watch. 

I liked their old house where Meri, Janelle & Christine each had their own part of it like an apartment.  I still can't understand why they needed such large houses in LV.  Meri must feel like she's living in a museum. 

Even though the move was a done deal, were the kids ever asked what they thought about moving?  (I didnt watch entire show.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, Galloway Cave said:

And now that the houses have been on the market for a while and not sold (with the possible exception of Robyn's house), I hope Kody is filling at least a little bit like an ass for demanding the immediate move.

I snickered throughout that entire presentation, as Kody droned on (and on and on) about getting the max equity out of their houses, while the viewing public already knows that all four of them sit on the market to this day.

The wives are going to Seattle...to buy hats. Seems like a worthy use of their admittedly limited funds.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Robyn could teach a Master's level university course on The Art of the Passive-Aggressive Dig.  Honestly, this woman is a professional.  I can't say that I've seen anything like her in all my years of guilty-pleasure bad reality tv watching.  She is both revolting and strangely fascinating.  And if her chin gets any larger, it's going to curve upwards and touch her nose. 

Robyn has always reminded me of this decoration my grandma had when I was a kid.  The resemblance is uncanny!

witch.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

I could tell when the other ladies were asking Robyn if she helped him with the presentation, that she did help, and they all knew she helped. The way Robyn was nervously rubbing her hands together when she sat down seemed like she already knew what was coming. Go back and watch the presentation again and keep eyes on Robyn from the time she walks in until the end. She tries to play it off but I’m not buying it. Body language says she’s lying to the others, touching her face, squirming around,etc. 

I don’t want to hear “the triplets” ever again.

Kody looks like he’s on cocaine and yes, he is having delusions of grandeur. He wants to run for office and save the world?? Wow. Please see a shrink, my dude. 

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Why don’t they look in an apartment complex for “rentables” if they want to be close to each other? You don’t have to get giant houses if it’s temporary. Jesus. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Check out a picture of the wives sitting on the conversation couch.

Is it poor posture or has Robyn lost her neck?

I think Robyn is sick and if she is, then I hope they are treating her with more than green goop.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So upon hearing about Kody's desire to run for office, it dawned upon me.  He's going for the Big Love thing.  Remember how Bill Hendrickson the polygamist businessman ran for office to gain acceptance for polygamists.  We know how that story ended---Bill dead, but each of the wives living their own happy lives, somewhat together.   I don't know whether Kody knows that a lot of people watched the series on HBO, so this isn't such a new idea.  Or maybe it's just a case of life imitates art.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I liked their old house where Meri, Janelle & Christine each had their own part of it like an apartment.  I still can't understand why they needed such large houses in LV.  Meri must feel like she's living in a museum. 

A polygamous family who posts on this board (and Seeking Sister Wives) bought that house from the Browns.   I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Meri always has to have a BIG house.  It's not like she's a hoarder and needs all of those bedrooms to stash her junk somewhere or tons of bedrooms for all of the grandkids she is going to have.  Oh wait - she sells Lularoe and needs rooms for the clothes racks and her daughter and her fiance collect service dogs.  Maybe she DOES need the rooms.  @@  <~~ eyeroll 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

Please tell me we aren't going to have to endure another Brown Compound build, complete with wet bar tears and petty digs about which wife is the least deserving of the largest house.

This is exactly what I want to see!  I found Meri's wet bar temper tantrums hysterical.  But this time, I want to see all four women demand special features.  Meri, of course, will need a five-bedroom house to store all of her LulaNo.  Christine should demand that her basement be turned into a fully-equipped wrestling gym.  Robyn needs a castle to house King Sol and Princess Arabellola and Janelle needs an underground tunnel from her bedroom to her garage so she doesn't ever have to go outside.

11 hours ago, oceanlover said:

Also, if you are attending your "daughters" wedding and she wants the moms in hats, wear a bleeping hat. Don't be such snooty stick in the muds Robyn Square Chin and Janelle!! Geez what grumps!!  Go ahead and wear the hats when walking around downtown Seattle too. Trust me no one cares and there are stranger things walking around. Lighten up a little, you might actually catch yourself having fun.  

How long did we spend listening to Janelle babble about how she didn't want to wear a hat in public?  Ten minutes?  More?  We get it, Janelle.  Things like dancing in public, wearing a hat, not being able to go fishing on your daughter's wedding day and going to Hobby Lobby freak you out.  Just sit there like the Eeyore that you are and stay quiet.  She's the human embodiment of a dark cloud.

5 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Why don’t they look in an apartment complex for “rentables” if they want to be close to each other? You don’t have to get giant houses if it’s temporary. Jesus. 

Hahahahahaha!  These are the Browns we're talking about!  They are fascinating polygamists and their show is going to run forever!  They have no need to conserve funds like us regular monogamists!  But seriously, this is exactly what they should've done.  I will never fathom how they can spend money on these expensive rentals while still paying four mortgages and buying land to build houses.  Who is loaning them all this cash?

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

After that listing of all the moves they've made all the way back to the beginning, the only conclusion to be drawn is that Kody is a serial mover.

As a former pastor of mine once said, leaving a place doesn't mean you leave your issues there.  They come with you, unless you completely resolve them.

Kody has never resolved the issues and the wives and kids are collateral damage.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I recall Aspyn saying that she wanted to remain more independent than she would have felt if she moved back in with Christine. I don't think it was due to any friction between Aspyn and Christine, just that Christine would naturally want to mother her a bit and Robyn treated her more like an independent adult. I can't remember why Aspyn decided to move home, but I'd guess it was for financial reasons. She was in college at the time.

Independence makes sense. When Aspyn lived in Christine's house, SHE raised her siblings while Christine pumped out babies. The polyg Jana Duggar.  Remember who was the most upset and the most forceful about getting off their asses and DOING SOMETHING when it came to Truely's medical emergency. It was Aspyn, not Truely's actual parents. 

But, moving in with the crowd at Robyn's, rather than Meri with all the extra unused bedrooms? Plus, a lot more quiet to study in? Odd. Either Aspyn REALLY didn't like Meri, or Robyn is playing the "cool mom" role. The younger mom, with Meri and Janelle being just extensions of Christine.  I can totally see Robyn playing that situation to her advantage. Another babysitter in the house. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Twopper said:

Dayton is going to college.  For some reason she needs to live in the same town or general area that he is in.     If she ends up with 2 in college in different states, will she have to commute between them?   One of the benefits of going away to college is to learn to live on your own AWAY from your family.  

I am trying to remember the details, but I think that Dayton has issues, maybe spectrum, where it would be advantageous for Robyn to be nearby for the transition.

Which brings me to my other point:  if it's all about the kids (yes, I know it's not), why doesn't one of the wives stay behind for a year or two in LV, so that the kids that need to finish school where they are can finish school where they are?  We're talking about, what, three of the kids to finish out???

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, b2H said:

I am trying to remember the details, but I think that Dayton has issues, maybe spectrum, where it would be advantageous for Robyn to be nearby for the transition.

Which brings me to my other point:  if it's all about the kids (yes, I know it's not), why doesn't one of the wives stay behind for a year or two in LV, so that the kids that need to finish school where they are can finish school where they are?  We're talking about, what, three of the kids to finish out???

They suggested that and Kody flat out said "NO"!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 7:09 PM, deirdra said:

Cult de Sac

4007 Wild Eagle Circle shows the major road behind 4007 and aerial shots of the whole Cult de Sac, including ugly oil stains on the concrete driveways from the various derelict vehicles

One house is off the market - Robyns?

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, gingerella said:

THEY AREN'T FUCKING TRIPLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(gah, what a moroon these people are)

I have actual triplets - and that bugged the shit out of me.  🙂

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, b2H said:

I am trying to remember the details, but I think that Dayton has issues, maybe spectrum, where it would be advantageous for Robyn to be nearby for the transition.

In that case I would have thought they would have found a college near LV unless he is going to a school that has a special program for students with similar conditions.    Would Robyn need to be near him 24/7?   If not, rent her a small apartment, and she can split her time between LV and the college town, and Meri and Janelle can watch her other older children; she can take the youngest with her. Or let her stay in a nearby hotel for the first few weeks he is in school until he is adjusted.  

Well, I guess because it is Robyn, everyone's life has to revolve around her.

9 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I agree, nowadays it's not a big thing for a person to have more than one mom, no matter how they came to be.

Yes, this is definitely true.   The wedding planner commented on this when our daughter was marrying, because both our daughter and prospective SIL had only one set of parents each, and we all got along so well.   I was recently at a wedding where both sets of parents, and all but one set of grandparents were divorced and remarried; it was very interesting to say the least.   I think a lot of brides now bring their future MILs shopping for the dress as well.   My daughter did her shopping by herself.   I was only a little hurt. 

6 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Why don’t they look in an apartment complex for “rentables” if they want to be close to each other? You don’t have to get giant houses if it’s temporary

Because they are who they are.    There is a small apartment building near us in a residential area that has 7 apartments.  A similar place in Flagstaff would give them 7 kitchens so every wife can have a kitchen.  They would also have  7 whole baths, 7 half baths, and 21 bedrooms.  And it has huge front porches, upstairs and downstairs.  They could probably buy the building for less than they are spending for lots and houses in Arizona.     And if it is a seller's market in LV, it is likely to also be a seller's market in Flagstaff.

1 hour ago, b2H said:

As a former pastor of mine once said, leaving a place doesn't mean you leave your issues there.  They come with you, unless you completely resolve them.

I have heard this referred to as "seeking a geographical cure" for some issue instead of resolving it.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I like how observant we are as viewers. Robyn totally gets quiet and rubs her hands together when trying to pretend like she doesn’t know what’s going on. This is why the wives can’t get along (well that and the fact that they are all sleeping with the same man). They don’t trust each other. Kody keeps secrets with each wife. They all know this too. It’s all his fault. 

Also, I want to reiterate that Kody annoys me so much. He is way too in to his appearance. Dude, you have eleventy billion kids. Get a job and stop primping and prissing (made up word, but you get the point). This man really is feeling himself.

PS, I agree that Aspyn is lovely inside and out. She is by far my favorite, but she will definitely be the first wife and I hope she doesn’t turn into her groveling, low self esteem mom/moms.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Lularoe - just looked into it and it is classified as a multi-level marketing..................  Oh so it's a pyramid scheme.

Hats - I hate hats and can't wear them.  I don't think anyone should have to wear anything they don't want to.  My peripheral vision is so great that a hat interferes with my vision and I walk around saying, "I can't see".

My biggest take away from this episode is how late the little ones stay up.  OMG!  No wonder they get all crazy at their late bedtimes.  They are over tired. 7pm bedtimes!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I had a LOT of kids and I picked my battles.  You want to wear nothing but a diaper and cowboy boots every day?  Knock yourself out. (They win). (And his twin wore nothing but a diaper and a cowboy hat. )  Bedtime is at _______  - sorry.    This is dinner - either eat it or don't eat it - your choice - but you are going to be hungry by the next meal because you aren't eating junk food in-between. (Not flexible).   You want your hair hanging in your eyes and don't want me to put it up?  Okay. (They win).  We are going to the store and there WON'T be any fits or next time you stay home with _________.     Yes - parenting is ROUGH and HARD at times - but BE the parent.

You picture is too cute!  I am so with you on this.  My mom told us it was her job to teach us certain things, no negotiations: how to sleep, how to eat and how to poop.  My sister told her husband, who was raised willy nilly, that she would teach him those 3 things and she did.  It's been like 25 years and he is so much happier.  She told her daughter who has little ones that it is easier when they are little.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

My biggest take away from this episode is how late the little ones stay up.  OMG!  No wonder they get all crazy at their late bedtimes.  They are over tired. 7pm bedtimes!

Right.  Didn't I hear Chia Head (thanks, Barbara Please!) or Robyn say that 10-12 pm is Truely's grumpy time, or something like that?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, laurakaye said:

When the Brown adults all moved in for the famb'ly prayer/hug, did anyone notice that - although Kody and Meri were next to each other - Kody's hand was stretched out all the way on Robyn's shoulder, thus avoiding touching Meri altogether?   

Yes, and here's something else weird.   Janelle was on Chia Head's left, and when she put her arm around him, her hand was not flat against his back like what would have been normal.  Instead, her hand was sort of closed.  Makes me think that there is absolutely no sexy time between the two of them.  I think they sort of respect and value each other, but that's as far as it goes.

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 9:06 PM, LucyEth said:

Wonder if we will be treated to the Audrey/Mariah wedding planning and dress shopping.

Nope. Mariah will wear a tuxedo or pantsuit. Can’t imagine her wearing a dress and actually attempting to look feminine. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Well. I think it's pretty official.  Kody is having a mid life crisis.  His obsession with his age when Ari will be graduating high school/going to college/marrying is just so over the top.

Kody has been very clear in the past that he isn't responsible for the emotional well being of his wives and he has proven it with actions over and over.  I think that also includes his kids. He is so obsessed with his Moses like role of leading all Polygamists to freedom in the promised land that he can't see that he is leaving the emotional health and well being of his wives and children in the wake of his selfishness.

I think their frequent moving is asinine.  Although someone upthread put down their bizarre number of moves over the course of the marriage, I think there is more.  Silly me went back and typed as they talked just to add it all up.  Holy Cow!!  What on earth made them move so damn often!!  I can really understand why the kids took such a hit moving to Vegas because I have a feeling the parents told them that the Lehi house was it....Lehi was their promise land and they probably lived there the longest except now for Vegas (adding both the time in the rentals and cult d sac)

It reads like that end scene in the movie "Clue" when they are counting how many bullets were fired from the gun...

Meri/Kody first married and lived in Utah(1) and then moved to Montana(2) and then moved to Wyoming(3).  Janelle enters the family while living in WY(3) and then Christine enters the family while living in WY(3). Then they moved back to Utah(4) right after Mariah was born. Then they all moved three times within Utah(5,6,7) within 3 years, and then moved back to Wyoming(8) and then back to Utah(9) and had two moves within Utah (10,11).  I'm guessing that #11 was the Lehi house because then they moved to the Vegas rentals(12) and then the cult d sac(13).  That's the number at the time of filming, but we know they have all moved to Flagstaff now(14).

WTF!!?? Add to this that we know from their book (tho isn't never been discussed on the show that I can remember) that Janelle left and moved to her own place for a time.  In a talking head Janelle talked about how all of their moves has taken a toll on her, and she was usually the wife who dug her feet in the most and "even stayed behind" and she believes that it may have affected her marriage in some way. So there may be one extra move that was Janelle's extra move in that #14 number. Gee Janelle, tell me again how great polygamy is if it isn't worth it for 5, no...10, naa....20 years!!

So...add all that moving to the long list of shit that added to the current marital problems this group has.  Like was mentioned upthread about moving doesn't erase issues, it just changes location (something I've seen first hand with my husband's dysfunctional family).  WHAT is this family (I think especially Kody) running from?? I think he has issues that he just can't stay in one place and live a stable life and thanks to his need to move on a whim and Robyn's helicopter parenting (YES! Robyn!  you are a helicopter parent!) they cooked this up behind closed doors and everyone else just gets to suck it up buttercup.  The King and Queen have spoken.

I know it's in another thread, but the subject qualifies here as well since the whole Kody moving is engineered by Robyn.  I can't remember which thread was posted a blog post that Robyn wrote about her discovery and struggle with Dayton's Asperger diagnosis.  While back then, in the beginning of discovering her son needed specific attention she put her energy into learning and becoming the mother he needed.  However.  That learned behavior has obviously become her mothering style and now she is very clearly a helicopter mother.  In the talking head she states that her children are being exposed to things that she doesn't want them exposed to in Vegas.  Yet Christine and Janelle (who live next door with children the same ages) declare that their children are thriving in Vegas. Hhm. That's two very different opinions about Vegas.  I get if you are a Country Mouse and living in the city is unsettling (coming from a long life as said Country Mouse...) but that is very different from needing to make three grown women and a good handful of "thriving" children pick up and move because you need to be hovering over your children.

AND...I will state my very low opinion of how obvious it is that Kody favors Solomon and Ari over any other child of his. He could not even be bothered to listen to Christine tell him (let alone write it down or something...) Truely's needs because he was far to busy with his texting conversation. While Christine just stands and obediently waits until he can toss an Attention Crumb her way. ""Oh...Paedon can do that!!??  Good...that's all I need to know because I'll just be back and forth because I have to help Sol (who has a live in caregiver) get ready for school. "" You know damn well he never set foot in Christine's house and left it to the older kids. YET.  He gets Ari to eat better than Robyn, he knows Sol's and Ari's schedule and likes and needs on and on.  Hhmmm.  How many kids does he have? Two. Two that matter to him.

56 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes, and here's something else weird.   Janelle was on Chia Head's left, and when she put her arm around him, her hand was not flat against his back like what would have been normal.  Instead, her hand was sort of closed.  Makes me think that there is absolutely no sexy time between the two of them.  I think they sort of respect and value each other, but that's as far as it goes.

I watched that again and paused it.  I think her hand "just being there" was both a reaction to the fact that her hand was touching Meri and she was fired up against Kody after the "presentaton".  On Meri's other side, Christine had a death grip on Meri's arm. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Oooh, oooh, oooh! I got the answer! The family moved so often because of Kody's JOB!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Kody has been very clear in the past that he isn't responsible for the emotional well being of his wives and he has proven it with actions over and over.  I think that also includes his kids. He is so obsessed with his Moses like role of leading all Polygamists to freedom in the promised land that he can't see that he is leaving the emotional health and well being of his wives and children in the wake of his selfishness.

Succinct and so true.  You hit the nail on the head.

Prophet Kootie and his delusions of grandeur.  Somebody needs to send him off to his planet and free his slaves.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Right.  Didn't I hear Chia Head (thanks, Barbara Please!) or Robyn say that 10-12 pm is Truely's grumpy time, or something like that?

Yes, that's what he said about Ari, and I was completely appalled to hear it. I guess since her pillow, Robyn, is a night owl, Ari is too? My guess is Queen Robyn doesn't want to put her littles to bed at a decent time because then they will get up before she wants to.

My 1.5 year old wouldn't be able to stay up that late, even if I bribed her, because she's ON A NORMAL SCHEDULE.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Dick.

Perfect title.  I'm so sick of these clowns.  I started watching last night's show, and then after about 10 minutes just deleted the whole thing.  I get more enjoyment out of the snark found here!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Right.  Didn't I hear Chia Head (thanks, Barbara Please!) or Robyn say that 10-12 pm is Truely's grumpy time, or something like that?

Seriously?  Wow, 10 - 12 pm is MY grumpy time, if I'm not solidly in dreamland by then.  Yes indeed, we know who wears the teeny pink unicorn pants in this family.

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

I watched that again and paused it.  I think her hand "just being there" was both a reaction to the fact that her hand was touching Meri and she was fired up against Kody after the "presentaton".  On Meri's other side, Christine had a death grip on Meri's arm. 

Loved your ENTIRE post!

As viewers, we can certainly gain solid intel just by watching the body language within this group.  Hell, look at Meri on the couch - contrast this past episode from when she didn't yet have her Parowan house.  Night and day.  Then - pouty, sulky, arms wrapped around herself, not looking at anyone, foot jiggling like mad...and now?  She's just about as happy and chatty as Janelle on Christine's meds.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Kody’s comment that their businesses cost money was rich!

TLC Go , or whatever, is odd. I could watch the first episode, this one, but the others are still locked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, neh said:

I think Robyn is sick and if she is, then I hope they are treating her with more than green goop.

You know, normally I'd say that I hope she is getting any and all appropriate treatment, but given the way that they are denying the reality of Ysabell's situation, screw that.  If there is something going on with Robyn, then I hope she gets some random sticks from the yard thrown into a teacup along with some dustbunnies from under the bed and is told it's some sort of old ancient cure for whatever it is.  

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

I think their frequent moving is asinine.  Although someone upthread put down their bizarre number of moves over the course of the marriage, I think there is more.  Silly me went back and typed as they talked just to add it all up.  Holy Cow!!  What on earth made them move so damn often!!  I can really understand why the kids took such a hit moving to Vegas because I have a feeling the parents told them that the Lehi house was it....Lehi was their promise land and they probably lived there the longest except now for Vegas (adding both the time in the rentals and cult d sac)

It reads like that end scene in the movie "Clue" when they are counting how many bullets were fired from the gun...

Meri/Kody first married and lived in Utah(1) and then moved to Montana(2) and then moved to Wyoming(3).  Janelle enters the family while living in WY(3) and then Christine enters the family while living in WY(3). Then they moved back to Utah(4) right after Mariah was born. Then they all moved three times within Utah(5,6,7) within 3 years, and then moved back to Wyoming(8) and then back to Utah(9) and had two moves within Utah (10,11).  I'm guessing that #11 was the Lehi house because then they moved to the Vegas rentals(12) and then the cult d sac(13).  That's the number at the time of filming, but we know they have all moved to Flagstaff now(14).

I'd be curious to cross reference their credit histories with their moving.  I'm just saying, I think there's probably a fair amount of crossover and some of those moves might have been forced.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Christine: I remember when my grandpa died, and all of his wives banded together and really became close. That was attractive to me about plural marriage.

Me: So you liked the idea of having friends?

THIS. FUCKING. SHOW.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Bankruptcy filings:

Janelle 1997

Meri and Kody 2005

Christine 2010

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

AND...I will state my very low opinion of how obvious it is that Kody favors Solomon and Ari over any other child of his. He could not even be bothered to listen to Christine tell him (let alone write it down or something...) Truely's needs because he was far to busy with his texting conversation. While Christine just stands and obediently waits until he can toss an Attention Crumb her way. ""Oh...Paedon can do that!!??  Good...that's all I need to know because I'll just be back and forth because I have to help Sol (who has a live in caregiver) get ready for school. "" You know damn well he never set foot in Christine's house and left it to the older kids. YET.  He gets Ari to eat better than Robyn, he knows Sol's and Ari's schedule and likes and needs on and on.  Hhmmm.  How many kids does he have? Two. Two that matter to him.

Yes, I thought that too.  He couldn't even look up at Christine from his phone to talk about Truely, but he could sit and have a ten minute conversation about Sol and Ari's bedtime routine.  How that doesn't chap Christine's hide I don't understand....

1 hour ago, Saje81 said:

Yes, that's what he said about Ari, and I was completely appalled to hear it. I guess since her pillow, Robyn, is a night owl, Ari is too? My guess is Queen Robyn doesn't want to put her littles to bed at a decent time because then they will get up before she wants to.

My 1.5 year old wouldn't be able to stay up that late, even if I bribed her, because she's ON A NORMAL SCHEDULE.

I caught that immediately - that Sol doesn't go to bed until 9:30pm and then Ari was after that.  WAY TOO LATE for little kids!  Also, how does Kody sleep with Robyn if Ari is laid out across her.  Does Kody squeeze in the bed with them?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

So many things to say.

First and foremost, Kody sucks. I could go on (and on and on and on and...) about how awful he is, how selfish he is, what a bully he is, but it all comes down to one thing. He sucks as a person. And his hair/facial hair combo makes him look like a cult leader.  Which, after all of this, he certainly seems to be.

Christine doesn't want to damage her relationship with Kody by disagreeing with him over the move? If disagreeing with your spouse means you'll damage your relationship, you're in a shoddy marriage. End of discussion.

I'm a little confused about the timing of all of this.  This was filmed Spring 2018. Robyn said Dayton was a Senior and was going to be starting college in the fall and she wanted them to be in the same city so they could help him adjust - which, okay, given that he's on the Asperger's spectrum, great idea.  But - he's now in college - correct? How the heck did he manage to apply and get accepted at a college in Arizona in the short amount of time he would have had to do this based on the timing of all this? My kid is in Grade 11 - in Canada - and if he want to go to university in our province his applications have to be in by January of Grade 12.  Kids who apply to US schools apply the Fall of Grade 12 as well.  So, did Dayton apply to Flagstaff and they always knew they'd likely be moving there and this is all a sham for the tv, or is the timing of applications/admissions different for kids who actually live in the US? Or am I wrong and he hasn't actually started college yet?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So, did Dayton apply to Flagstaff and they always knew they'd likely be moving there and this is all a sham for the tv...

Bing-bing-bing-bing!  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  Everything is re-created on this show.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

AND...I will state my very low opinion of how obvious it is that Kody favors Solomon and Ari over any other child of his. He could not even be bothered to listen to Christine tell him (let alone write it down or something...) Truely's needs because he was far to busy with his texting conversation. While Christine just stands and obediently waits until he can toss an Attention Crumb her way. ""Oh...Paedon can do that!!??  Good...that's all I need to know because I'll just be back and forth because I have to help Sol (who has a live in caregiver) get ready for school. "" You know damn well he never set foot in Christine's house and left it to the older kids. YET.  He gets Ari to eat better than Robyn, he knows Sol's and Ari's schedule and likes and needs on and on.  Hhmmm.  How many kids does he have? Two. Two that matter to him.

I wonder if this is fairly common in polygamous families?  Imagine the crazy cat lady who has a ton of cats.  There is no way she can give equal attention to them so she has a few favorites that are usually on her lap/sleeps on her bed, etc. and TRIES to dole out pats and love to the rest of them - or else just see that they are fed.

It was certainly true in my situation.  My husband liked a specific OLD fashioned name that has NEVER been popular in the last 100 years.  Think on the lines of "Bertha" or "Agatha".  I hated it!  So when we had a girl we would come up with a name we both liked.  That's fair, right?

But second wife/second pregnancy has a girl and names the baby this name.  Husband is over the moon.  All of a sudden that is the only child.  THE only child that matters.  He wasn't mean to any of the other kids, they were like the crazy cat lady's extras milling around where you pat the heads and if your wife mentions something great they did or something they are interested in he murmers. "Oh, that's nice" and then does something to make THE baby laugh or talk about something cute she did, totally negating whatever it was you said about another child in the family.  And did it get better as she got older?  ::::::SNORT!:::::  If anything it got worse.  Even wife #2 noticed and would talk about it to me and #3, but it was always mentioned in a smug way.  

I loved ALL of the kids - but when it comes to kids getting the short end of the stick and favoritism, my blood just boils!  When they are YOUR kids, if you have so many damn kids that you have favorites you should at least attempt to hide it so that the other kids don't feel like spam compared to steak.

I have talked to other sister wives and this seemed to be a fairly common theme.  I can only think of one family where none of the wives thought the husband didn't have a favorite kid - but that could have been just personal viewpoints when other women have kids from the same husband.   In my defense though - friends even noticed how this one child was like the "golden" one.

Kody not knowing much about his other kids yet knowing all the details of Sol and Ariella COULD be due to the fact that they are by far the youngest - or else Robyn EXPECTS and demands his full attention - or maybe it's just because they are Robyn's kids - if she's still the favorite.  But they sure seem like the favorite kids to me, based on what we've seen and heard.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I watched a movie (Bad Times at the El Royale)  and there was a quote in it, that really struck a chord with me, and pretty much sums up how I feel about Kody Brown. I'm paraphrasing it a little, but you get the point. 

Woman: Let me guess. It’s some man, who talks a lot. He talks so much that he thinks he believes in something. But really just wants to fu** who he wants to fu**. I’ve seen it enough. I’m not even mad about it anymore. I’m just tired. I’m just bored of men like you.

Man: Yeah, well…

Woman (interrupting) : I’ve heard it, and I don’t care. I’d rather sit here and listen to the rain.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on Kody. When you ask your wives to pray on the decision to move, and Christine prays and fasts for three days and reaches an answer that she shouldn't move, and he says that's not the right answer, then what even is the point? That's why when it comes to Kody, I really would rather listen to the rain, then listen to him diminish his other's wives beliefs and testimony because it doesn't match his own agenda. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So, did Dayton apply to Flagstaff and they always knew they'd likely be moving there and this is all a sham for the tv,

You nailed it.  The unreality of reality TV.  It's all scripted.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Kody not knowing much about his other kids yet knowing all the details of Sol and Ariella COULD be due to the fact that they are by far the youngest - or else Robyn EXPECTS and demands his full attention - or maybe it's just because they are Robyn's kids - if she's still the favorite.  But they sure seem like the favorite kids to me, based on what we've seen and heard.

That’s a good point that it may come down to what Christine and Robyn expect of Kody. It may be that on Christine’s night, she doesn’t want to worry precious little Kody about the children - taking take of the kids is her job - and focused on taking care of King Kody. Whereas Robyn might tell Kody all about the kids and update and involve him. Who knows?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

Please tell me we aren't going to have to endure another Brown Compound build, complete with wet bar tears and petty digs about which wife is the least deserving of the largest house.

Apparently Christine got the biggest piece of land with Meri second and Janelle and Robyn getting the two same size pieces of land both smaller than the other two wives.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Apparently Christine got the biggest piece of land with Meri second and Janelle and Robyn getting the two same size pieces of land both smaller than the other two wives.

If you zillow their rentals houses here is how they stack up:

Robyn : 7 bedrooms & 7 baths 6,798 sq feet  $3,500 a month rent (estimated value $1,261,000)

Christine: 3 bedrooms 3 bath 2.400 sq feet bought for $520,000 

Janelle:  3 bedrooms 2.5 baths 2,340 sq feet $2,900 a month rent (estimated value $430,000)

Edited by smarty2020
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 7:04 PM, suomi said:

Those hats were hideous. I was confused as to the message delivered by Hannah's one-button-from-disaster cardigan over near gouging bra straps: dressed? Undressed? Dressed? Undressed? 

Indeed they were.

I need to rewatch this episode because once Meri said, "I like EDGE, I have to have EDGE," I started laughing like a hyena and pretty much missed everything after that point.  

I believe she's confusing an utter lack of fashion sense (a la LulaRoe) with "edge."  

Maybe Hannah needs to design a hat for Kody that covers his dreadful hair.  He makes a mockery of the term "crowning glory" with that crispy shit rapidly disappearing from the top of his inflated head.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

If you zillow their rentals houses here is how they stack up:

Robyn : 7 bedrooms & 7 baths 6,798 sq feet  $3,500 a month rent (estimated value $1,261,000)

Christine: 3 bedrooms 3 bath 2.400 sq feet bought for $520,000 

Janelle:  3 bedrooms 2.5 baths 2,340 sq feet $2,900 a month rent (estimated value $430,000)

They bought Christine's house?  I thought they bought land and were building houses right next to each other.  What about Meri?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×