aquarian1

Ransom

Am I the only one who thought this show was sadly cancelled last summer?

So glad there’s another season to enjoy!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bridget said:

Am I the only one who thought this show was sadly cancelled last summer?

Yeah, I thought it was cancelled too. I'm glad it's back, but I miss Sarah Greene as Maxine. Maybe they got another season by trimming back the cast. 

I remember being surprised when the renewal was announced, whenever that was.  And then I promptly forgot it was renewed so was pleasantly surprised to see it on my DVR list.  I really like the show and am glad it's still around.  I actually don't miss Maxine, but she was never my favorite.

• Like 2

I like Cynthia, the woman who replaced Maxine. There was too much soap opera with Maxine with her discipline tendency and her mother's relationship to Eric. Cynthia is a professional who is Eric's almost-equal.

It feels like the show is settling in now.  The first two seasons had a kind of frenetic quality as if they expected to be cancelled at any moment. This episode felt more settled, as if they had moved on the explore more of the personalities of the characters and Eric's relationships with Zara and Oliver.

The main story was very sad. Poor young man.

I was surprised that they revisited the killing of Damian Delaine and Eric's realization of his guilt in it. Granted he got off but at least he acknowledged that he had done the wrong thing. And it's always nice to see the shots of Budapest.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 2

I want you to Beaumont her. lol He can "Beaumont" me any time. 😉

• Like 5

Did anyone else find it odd and out of character that Zara would be at her computer, working on infiltrating an evil man’s website, at home. At a desk where her daughter can quietly observe what her mom is looking at without being seen. And Zara leaves her computer open, etc.? That just struck me as being stupid and irresponsible. 

And I am a big fan of this show but that just really bothered me. 

• Like 1

Wasn't he selling the company last week?  Now it's just business as usual? I feel like I missed an episode or something but I don't think I did.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:38 PM, hookedontv said:

Did anyone else find it odd and out of character that Zara would be at her computer, working on infiltrating an evil man’s website, at home. At a desk where her daughter can quietly observe what her mom is looking at without being seen. And Zara leaves her computer open, etc.? That just struck me as being stupid and irresponsible.

At the beginning of the restaurant, Zara said that she had arranged with Eric to work more from home since the baby was born.

Then at the end she told her husband that working from home wasn't going to be possible for her any more, with a significant look at her daughter.

With three kids needing bedrooms, I'm assuming that Zara doesn't have a separate office that she can work from and works at the family table.

• Like 1

So, how did last night's episode end? In my area the basketball games made everything scheduled after start about 20 minutes late, so my Tivo cut off before the episode ended. Did they get the little boy back with all his fingers? Did they arrest the kidnapper?

4 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

So, how did last night's episode end? In my area the basketball games made everything scheduled after start about 20 minutes late, so my Tivo cut off before the episode ended. Did they get the little boy back with all his fingers? Did they arrest the kidnapper?

Kidnapper's dead. Kid's fingers are alright.

This one ended too sadly for me.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, NeenerNeener said:

So, how did last night's episode end?

Did you see the part where Zara and Oliver went to the father who told them that he had cut off his son's finger when he accidentally drove the tractor over his twin brother and killed him?  That was why he kept kidnapping the living twin and cutting off his finger, so that he could be absolved and move on.

The boy's parents called the cops when they heard Luke and Cynthia arguing. Luke was trying to convince the kidnapper to let the boy go when the cops shot, killing the kidnapper and wounding the boy. The episode ended with Cynthia telling Luke that she sees now that he was right (making me very relieved because I thought the character was leaving and the FBI woman would replace her).

• Like 2