BW Manilowe

Starsky & Hutch

So yesterday I was binge watching the new season (Season 5) of Netflix’s original show Grace and Frankie (Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin play 2 women who aren’t exactly the best of friends, whose worlds are turned upside down when their law partner husbands, played by Martin Sheen & Sam Waterston, announce that they’ve been in a gay relationship for the last 20 years & they’re now leaving their wives to marry each other).

I was pleasantly surprised to find Paul Michael Glaser was in 2 of the 13 eps, playing a character who is an old friend of Frankie’s (Lily Tomlin) whom she meets again while on a “girls’ weekend” with Grace (Jane Fonda) to a retreat at an ashram run by another old friend of hers (Frankie’s).

Paul’s part isn’t the biggest (I honestly think he might’ve taken it in order to keep his health insurance benefits with SAG-AFTRA... I remember reading that, at least years ago, an actor actually had to act in something every so often/within a certain timeframe, especially if they weren’t very active in the business to start with, to keep the health insurance benefits they’re entitled to as a member of SAG-AFTRA). 

He’s in the 1st of the 2 eps more than the 2nd. He’s in the eps “The Retreat” (Season 5, Episode 6) & “The Ceremony” (Season 5, Episode 8).

Edited by BW Manilowe · Reason: To fix spacing and punctuation issues.
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 6:30 PM, BW Manilowe said:

So yesterday I was binge watching the new season (Season 5) of Netflix’s original show Grace and Frankie (Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin play 2 women who aren’t exactly the best of friends, whose worlds are turned upside down when their law partner husbands, played by Martin Sheen & Sam Waterston, announce that they’ve been in a gay relationship for the last 20 years & they’re now leaving their wives to marry each other).

I was pleasantly surprised to find Paul Michael Glaser was in 2 of the 13 eps, playing a character who is an old friend of Frankie’s (Lily Tomlin) whom she meets again while on a “girls’ weekend” with Grace (Jane Fonda) to a retreat at an ashram run by another old friend of hers (Frankie’s).

Paul’s part isn’t the biggest (I honestly think he might’ve taken it in order to keep his health insurance benefits with SAG-AFTRA... I remember reading that, at least years ago, an actor actually had to act in something every so often/within a certain timeframe, especially if they weren’t very active in the business to start with, to keep the health insurance benefits they’re entitled to as a member of SAG-AFTRA). 

He’s in the 1st of the 2 eps more than the 2nd. He’s in the eps “The Retreat” (Season 5, Episode 6) & “The Ceremony” (Season 5, Episode 8).

He’s still Sex On Toast, even at age 76 (on 3/25).

• Like 1