17wheatthins

The Real

"The Real" is a panel show featuring a group of outspoken female hosts, who are all going through varied life experiences, which include motherhood, new marriages and experiencing the single life. The hosts, who all admit to being "works in progress," bring their unique perspectives to topics ranging from the day's news to beauty, fashion, relationships and their own personal lives.

I like the chemistry with the four ladies and I am so happy that Tamar is gone. She was just too much and sucked the oxygen out of the room with her antics.  I wish her well, nonetheless.  

• Like 2

I absolutely love that they keep giving back to their fans and having the Hotline Bling. You can tell that the ladies need to get through the segment in an allotted amount of time, but the fact that they give out money to help people is awesome.

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I like the chemistry with the four ladies and I am so happy that Tamar is gone. She was just too much and sucked the oxygen out of the room with her antics.  I wish her well, nonetheless.  

Are you going to watch her on Celeb Big Brother? The Mooch will be on that season, so I'm curious to see if the ladies on the Real talk about whatever he says because it might open the door to mentioning Tamar in some kind of way. Omarosa constantly made the news, so I wonder if the Real will touch on the show if it creates a similar buzz.

• Like 1

I tried very hard not to double post, but it seems like everyone seems afraid to comment :(

They had Monique on for an interview and it was actually quite good. There was even a moment where her and Adrienne disagreed on something before, but still showed love with one another despite having opposing views. It felt genuine when Monique called Adrienne baby girl, even though their views didn't align the same way. It almost made me wonder if Whoopi would be able to engage in a back and forth without going into her Whoopism on the View.

I know that Whoopi is grown, but I feel like there would be an eye roll or a lecture included in this without really listening and engaging in the conversation. Which is why I want Monique go now go on the View and see if this happens.

• Like 3

I think the only one who gets on my nerves is Adrienne. I like all the other ones, especially Loni. I think Loni keeps it very real and the faces she makes when the others talk sometimes are priceless.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, zenme said:

I think the only one who gets on my nerves is Adrienne. I like all the other ones, especially Loni. I think Loni keeps it very real and the faces she makes when the others talk sometimes are priceless.

Loni is my favorite followed by Jeannie. It has been a trip to see how the ladies have evolved. Loni was always the single one, enjoying it and now she has a man in James.  Loni's empathy always gets to me, whenever she cries, I cry. Jeannie was all about her ex-husband and I love how honest she was in not wanting children.  I always felt while she loved him, they were not compatible.  Adrienne was also owning her truth and called off her engagement to her ex-fiancé.  Everybody expected her to marry him after having been with him for years.  She realized that he was not the man for her and broke up with him before she ruined both of their lives.  I am happy that she found love with her husband. It was very insightful when she said that her mom thanked her husband for giving her back her daughter. While they loved her ex, he was not the right man for her.  Not to mention, her personality changed when she was with her ex.  Tamera is cool, but, I sense that she holds back her true feelings about some topics.   I have my theory but, it might be off-topic..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Like 2

YAY! Finally this show has a thread!

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Loni is my favorite followed by Jeannie. It has been a trip to see how the ladies have evolved. Loni was always the single one, enjoying it and now she has a man in James.  Loni's empathy always gets to me, whenever she cries, I cry. Jeannie was all about her ex-husband and I love how honest she was in not wanting children.  I always felt while she loved him, they were not compatible.  Adrienne was also owning her truth and called off her engagement to her ex-fiancé.  Everybody expected her to marry him after having been with him for years.  She realized that he was not the man for her and broke up with him before she ruined both of their lives.  I am happy that she found love with her husband. It was very insightful when she said that her mom thanked her husband for giving her back her daughter. While they loved her ex, he was not the right man for her.  Not to mention, her personality changed when she was with her ex.  Tamera is cool, but, I sense that she holds back her true feelings about some topics.   I have my theory but, it might be off-topic..

Do you think she's afraid her hubby Adam will get angry at her if she lets it go?  

I like all of them pretty equally. Jeannie gets a lot of flack for being "extra" (as she can be sometimes), but that girl has such a good heart and she's genuine. She's been through a lot growing up poor, being sexually abused as a child, etc. but she's still so positive and chooses to look at the brighter side of things. Tamera also gets flack for being a religious conservative with soccer mom humor, but that's why I like her. She is who she is and makes no apologies for it. Plus she doesn't present her opinions like they're facts and she respects the opinions of others. Adrienne makes me laugh when she goes into her "New Yorker" mode and her occasional "off the wall" revelations ("Yo, I don't think it's crazy that people eat in the shower. I eat popcorn in there all the time!").  Like @Apprentice79, I like Loni's empathy. She and Tamera both will cry at the drop of a damn hat, but I'd be up there boohooing with them too if I were there. Lol. They all work well together and don't need a permanent fifth co-host IMO.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:19 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

I absolutely love that they keep giving back to their fans and having the Hotline Bling. You can tell that the ladies need to get through the segment in an allotted amount of time, but the fact that they give out money to help people is awesome.

Are you going to watch her on Celeb Big Brother? The Mooch will be on that season, so I'm curious to see if the ladies on the Real talk about whatever he says because it might open the door to mentioning Tamar in some kind of way. Omarosa constantly made the news, so I wonder if the Real will touch on the show if it creates a similar buzz.

They haven't talked about Tamar or Celeb Big Brother and personally I think that was a smart move. Especially since they spilled the true tea on what went down with Tamar during and after her firing on the Breakfast Club a few months back.

• Like 3

On 2/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, rmcrae said:

Adrienne makes me laugh when she goes into her "New Yorker" mode and her occasional "off the wall" revelations 

Are you saying that you don't suck toes? Lol

• Laugh 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

Are you saying that you don't suck toes? Lol

How about when Adrienne said that she does not know how to read time from a clock.  The look on Loni's face said it all...lol I do love the chemistry with the four ladies.  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

On 2/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, Apprentice79 said:

How about when Adrienne said that she does not know how to read time from a clock.  The look on Loni's face said it all...lol I do love the chemistry with the four ladies.  

She also said she doesn’t wash her hands after the bathroom when she’s at home. Eww.

• Like 3