Jump to content
Aethera

Million Dollar Listing LA

Recommended Posts

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Tracy more, but after last night's episode I do.  And, I don't like her assistant any better.  Ick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Tracy more, but after last night's episode I do.  And, I don't like her assistant any better.  Ick.

Why ? (its's a real question) Because I really liked her in this EP :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Diane Mars said:

Why ? (its's a real question) Because I really liked her in this EP :)

I found them both to be snarky in a mean-girl kind of way.   And, I appreciate real questions.  Far too often on the internet, it's hard to ask real questions that might lead to actual discussions.  :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I found them both to be snarky in a mean-girl kind of way.   And, I appreciate real questions.  Far too often on the internet, it's hard to ask real questions that might lead to actual discussions.  :) 

Really (regarding the mean-girl thing) ? I probably missed some bits of it, because I didn't felt it that way at all, but as a French speaker, I, once again, probably missed some bits of it, because I'm more than often in agreement with you !

(and yes, it's becoming more and more difficult to have a real exchanges without having anyone offended at the end :/ #walkingOnEggsells)

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Why ? (its's a real question) Because I really liked her in this EP :)

 

3 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I found them both to be snarky in a mean-girl kind of way.   And, I appreciate real questions.  Far too often on the internet, it's hard to ask real questions that might lead to actual discussions.  :) 

There was a marathon last night of several episodes.  Is it possible, Readheaded, that you are referring to one of the episodes in the marathon?  Because if Diane Mars watched the same ep that I watched, it was the new one where Tracy was actually very quiet and actually emotional while helping her friend. 

As both of you are very well respected around here, I'm thinking Readheaded is referring to one of the marathon episodes from last night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

 

There was a marathon last night of several episodes.  Is it possible, Readheaded, that you are referring to one of the episodes in the marathon?  Because if Diane Mars watched the same ep that I watched, it was the new one where Tracy was actually very quiet and actually emotional while helping her friend

As both of you are very well respected around here, I'm thinking Readheaded is referring to one of the marathon episodes from last night.

Yes. That was mostly to that I was referring. I really liked here there, and she seemed in it, moved, and I was emotional too, knowing what we know now ! (And I liked her visit at Altman Brother's office with her air not combed and her hangover too, lol !)

I didn't know there was a marathon last night, as I don't have any overseas cable network here (except of CNN, etc...) and I follow my shows the day after, once I find them on the web ^_^

EDIT : to answer the italic part (and to correct some typos):
awwww.... thanks ! I never imagined that  I could be respected here. You're too kind <3

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

 

There was a marathon last night of several episodes.  Is it possible, Readheaded, that you are referring to one of the episodes in the marathon?  Because if Diane Mars watched the same ep that I watched, it was the new one where Tracy was actually very quiet and actually emotional while helping her friend. 

As both of you are very well respected around here, I'm thinking Readheaded is referring to one of the marathon episodes from last night.

Thanks!  I didn't know anyone really noticed that I was actually here, lol.  

This is part I love!  A discussion!  I was watching the latest episode and you're both right that Tracy WAS really compassionate about Rose McGowan and her really unfair situation.  And, I think that was a really great way to show one of the real and compelling aspects of the whole Harvey Weinstein ugliness and just how much women can have to lose if they take on a strong and powerful man.

After thinking about it, it was really the interactions between Tracy and her assistant (I'm sorry I didn't catch her name) with the eye-rolling, etc. that I disliked. 

Thanks for helping me think about it differently!  Cheers!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite bit was Flagg losing his car keys and having Bobby taxi over another set, and his trip to the dog park. And yes please, pick up after that huge Rhodesian. I don't know if that was Flagg's poodle or not, but I like to imagine so.

His assistant was so ... wan when he left her to watch the open house. In fact, a lot of the assistants on real estate and design shows come off as pretty vapid.

I enjoy Tracy on the show. Her hair looks good shorter and without extensions. The person who bugged me last night was the man running the estate sale, with his tacky t-shirt. I wouldn't have minded a neat polo with a business logo, but he looked like a slob off the street. Even limited to 15 people at a time, there were still a lot of small items out on display that could be stuffed into a pocket or purse. Bobby buying a potted plant was pretty extra.

As far as the actual real estate goes, I felt bad for James and David when their seller, as usual, wouldn't budge on the price. Yes, people buying in that price range probably can come up another $500K or so, but the same could be said for sellers of multi-million dollar properties. I didn't see how the house being burgled would make them take it off the market. If anything, it would increase my desire to move.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, 2727 said:

My favorite bit was Flagg losing his car keys and having Bobby taxi over another set, and his trip to the dog park. And yes please, pick up after that huge Rhodesian. I don't know if that was Flagg's poodle or not, but I like to imagine so.

His assistant was so ... wan when he left her to watch the open house. In fact, a lot of the assistants on real estate and design shows come off as pretty vapid.

I enjoy Tracy on the show. Her hair looks good shorter and without extensions. The person who bugged me last night was the man running the estate sale, with his tacky t-shirt. I wouldn't have minded a neat polo with a business logo, but he looked like a slob off the street. Even limited to 15 people at a time, there were still a lot of small items out on display that could be stuffed into a pocket or purse. Bobby buying a potted plant was pretty extra.

As far as the actual real estate goes, I felt bad for James and David when their seller, as usual, wouldn't budge on the price. Yes, people buying in that price range probably can come up another $500K or so, but the same could be said for sellers of multi-million dollar properties. I didn't see how the house being burgled would make them take it off the market. If anything, it would increase my desire to move.

The screen said it was Josh's parents poodle - loved her!!!!

I think the burglary is part of some larger burglary ring associated with houses on the market getting robbed.  I think that is more of why they took it off the market than anything.   I think I heard on the news that they caught the suspect in that ring or maybe another ring....  

Great first episode back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, 2727 said:

... I didn't see how the house being burgled would make them take it off the market. If anything, it would increase my desire to move.

Because their insurance paid, and, so, PK and Dorit had the cash they deseperetely needed ? ^_^

(I never had and never will trust PK or Dorit #RHOBH)

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 2727 said:

His assistant was so ... wan when he left her to watch the open house. In fact, a lot of the assistants on real estate and design shows come off as pretty vapid.

I think what set her off was that Josh was so above it all.  When buyers came in, he refused to even stand up and just hand waved  "you can start over there".  And when the seller's agent showed up, Hilary didn't know what to tell him.

2 hours ago, DFWGina said:

The screen said it was Josh's parents poodle - loved her!!!

And when Josh made the comment about bringing along a "snarky bitch" or something like that to seal the deal.

2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

I never had and never will trust PK or Dorit #RHOBH

And that's what is disappointing about these reality shows.  You think you are watching real people doing real transactions.  But then you find out they are on other Bravo shows and they are just trying to extend their 15 minutes of fame.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Flagg continues to be the most entertaining of the bunch, but he also comes off more unprofessional. That said, the developer on that property gave off a big douche vibe. So gotta side with Flagg on that one, they did not add $2m in value to that track home. 

Thought it was pretty funny that it was mostly athletes coming to look at Altman's listing. Guess they gravitate to that type of property. Surprised a high end flipper didn't scoop it up after the price drop. They could easily put in another million in renovations and a pool and sell back in the high 8's or 9's. There are some homes up in PVE going for more than that. Biggest negative is it doesn't have a view of the Queen's Necklace, the coastline view going up through all the beach cities. So at night the view would mostly be pitch black. 

I didn't realize that the brit's client is also on another reality show. That just double downs on the stupidity of that whole interaction. If I was a resident in that neighborhood and got blocked like that I would be pretty pissed as well. In the promo it shows a house emptied out. Is that the same one as this that had the message that it got robbed and taken off the market? Just seemed odd that they would say it got robbed and taken off the market in a graphic, but then show it in the next episode.

I really feel for Rose McGowan. Seems pretty drastic of a move, but she must have her reasons to sell it all vs work out something with her lawyers. I just wanted to see Tracy water her plant, that's all she asked. Then when she sold the plant for a second I thought it was going to be the one thing Rose still wanted and that as going to cause drama. Luckily it didn't.

I like these longer episodes. Thought they would only do it for the first one. Not a fan of the new editor though and the random montage of instagram videos they keep doing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DFWGina said:

I think the burglary is part of some larger burglary ring associated with houses on the market getting robbed.  I think that is more of why they took it off the market than anything.   I think I heard on the news that they caught the suspect in that ring or maybe another ring....  

They did arrest the suspect just last week.  Among the burglary victims were: Usher, Jason Derulo, Adam Lambert, Dorit Lemel, and Rebecca Hutton. Link: https://www.thedailybeast.com/los-angeles-man-posed-as-realtor-to-swipe-millions-in-luxury-goods-from-stars-homes-police

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh!   I couldn't believe they had PK and Dorit on MDLLA!   They're such fame whores!    I guess the RHOBH will have the robbery as Dorit's storyline this season.   I can't watch her. 

Tracey is still super annoying.  I hated the whole segment of the estate sale.  This show is supposed to be about real estate (complete with great house porn) and not about selling the contents of someone's home and their memorabilia.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I, too, liked when Josh called Bobby about his car. Bobby suggested a yellow cab. Ha! 

I know some people don't care for Bobby, but I like him. He seems genuinely down-to-earth and like he (mostly) stays away from the drama. There are plenty of drama queen antics on this show that we don't need more from Bobby. 

Plus I think he's a good match for Josh in that way. Josh needs the balance. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 2019-01-11 at 12:55 PM, 2727 said:

My favorite bit was Flagg losing his car keys and having Bobby taxi over another set, and his trip to the dog park. And yes please, pick up after that huge Rhodesian. I don't know if that was Flagg's poodle or not, but I like to imagine so.

His assistant was so ... wan when he left her to watch the open house. In fact, a lot of the assistants on real estate and design shows come off as pretty vapid.

I enjoy Tracy on the show. Her hair looks good shorter and without extensions. The person who bugged me last night was the man running the estate sale, with his tacky t-shirt. I wouldn't have minded a neat polo with a business logo, but he looked like a slob off the street. Even limited to 15 people at a time, there were still a lot of small items out on display that could be stuffed into a pocket or purse. Bobby buying a potted plant was pretty extra.

As far as the actual real estate goes, I felt bad for James and David when their seller, as usual, wouldn't budge on the price. Yes, people buying in that price range probably can come up another $500K or so, but the same could be said for sellers of multi-million dollar properties. I didn't see how the house being burgled would make them take it off the market. If anything, it would increase my desire to move.

PK & his wife Dorit are on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. They were mad at dropping the price from $12.75 million to $8.9 M. The offer that came in was below $8m. Is the pricing of homes in Beverly Hills that elastic ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

PK was getting very mad at his agent and demanded to speak with the buyers agent. That is a recipe for disaster.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, oakville said:

PK & his wife Dorit are on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. They were mad at dropping the price from $12.75 million to $8.9 M. The offer that came in was below $8m. Is the pricing of homes in Beverly Hills that elastic ?

From what I have read on the RHOBH forums, the speculation was that PK and Dorit did not own that home but were only renting.  That could be wrong, but I do know that both PK and Dorit are having some financial problems, so they really do not have the luxury to hold firm on price.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

From what I have read on the RHOBH forums, the speculation was that PK and Dorit did not own that home but were only renting.  That could be wrong, but I do know that both PK and Dorit are having some financial problems, so they really do not have the luxury to hold firm on price.  

Wow!. How could they sell a home that they don't own? Perhaps , they were trying to act on the owner's behalf?

Share this post


Link to post

What does Rose McGowan do for a living?  Never heard of her other than an association with Weinstein.  

I don’t like Tracey and she gets too much airtime.

PK and a Dorit are fakers, they do not own that house. PK may own a share of the LLC that owns the house.   They are in deep financial trouble.  Dorit was born and raised in Connecticut.  Her accent is fake.

  I like David and James a lot. 

Love Aultman, Flagg is entertaining but too snobbish to do business with.  

Love this show, just seeing the beautiful SOcal homes makes me smile  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ravello said:

What does Rose McGowan do for a living?  Never heard of her other than an association with Weinstein.  

I don’t like Tracey and she gets too much airtime.

PK and a Dorit are fakers, they do not own that house. PK may own a share of the LLC that owns the house.   They are in deep financial trouble.  Dorit was born and raised in Connecticut.  Her accent is fake.

  I like David and James a lot. 

Love Aultman, Flagg is entertaining but too snobbish to do business with.  

Love this show, just seeing the beautiful SOcal homes makes me smile  

I don't know what Rose McGowan does either.   I'm assuming she's an actress.

I agree with you about Tracey, David and James but I love Josh Flagg and tolerate Altman. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Tracey’s signature look seems to be an off the shoulder top. Her assistant really has a trout pout. 

In the preview clips, it looks like Tracey goes to Dubai and visits Bravo Ladies of a London (now cancelled) Caroline Stanbury. First Dorit and PK and coming up, a Ladies of London cast member.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't know what Rose McGowan does either.   I'm assuming she's an actress.

I agree with you about Tracey, David and James but I love Josh Flagg and tolerate Altman. 

Rose McGowan shacked up with Marilyn Manson when he was popular.  I believe she was also in Scream 1, which was HUGE back in the day.  I don’t know what she does now, tho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh. It is bad enough to have to see Dorito and PK on RHOBH, I don't want to see them on this show as well. They are such fame whores. Dorito's outfit in the first meeting? Trying way too hard. And PK was his usual ignorant self when he ignored James and insisted on talking to the agent. And as others have pointed out, it has been pretty much established that they do not even own the house, but maybe a small part thought a company. So glad they won't be making a return visit. 

Seems to me that Rose McGowan may be selling her house and possessions because she hasn't done much in the last decade? I have never seen her in anything, but a look at her wiki info shows that besides not really having much of a career for awhile now, she has also gotten herself into some controversies which have lead to her needing lawyers, and losing agents. (Controversies that have nothing to do with Weinstein). Apparently she also accepted a $100,000 settlement from Weinstein though not sure when that was. It was revealed on October of 2017. Anyhoo not sure what the real story is there as far as why she is selling, but am sure that it has nothing to do with why I tune into a real estate show. 

Both Tracy's mouth and that of her assistant remind me of the Joker from Batman. I also wondered when she plopped that red wig on her head, how many of the dozens of people who went through the house did that as well, before she donned it. Yuck.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ravello said:

What does Rose McGowan do for a living?  Never heard of her other than an association with Weinstein.  

She's been in a lot of stuff but nothing really huge. She was a main character on Charmed for most of the run. She starred in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse double feature. Mostly lots of tv guest spots and some feature films like Scream, Black Dahlia and the Conan remake. Her lawsuit is that Weinstein raped her back in 1997 then also blacklisted her, damaging her career. Just lots of nasty stuff and probably a bit dark of a story to add into MDLLA. Like someone else mentioned, the show is about real estate so why show an estate sale?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, lynxfx said:

She's been in a lot of stuff but nothing really huge. She was a main character on Charmed for most of the run. She starred in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse double feature. Mostly lots of tv guest spots and some feature films like Scream, Black Dahlia and the Conan remake. Her lawsuit is that Weinstein raped her back in 1997 then also blacklisted her, damaging her career. Just lots of nasty stuff and probably a bit dark of a story to add into MDLLA. Like someone else mentioned, the show is about real estate so why show an estate sale?

I don't want to get too far off topic, but Rose dated Robert for a while too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I don't want to get too far off topic, but Rose dated Robert for a while too. 

Robert who?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Robert who?

Robert Rodriquez I'm assuming. The director of one of the Grindhouse films (Planet Terror) that Rose starred in. A film also produced by the Weinstein Company just to add more conflict.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, lynxfx said:

Robert Rodriquez I'm assuming. The director of one of the Grindhouse films (Planet Terror) that Rose starred in. A film also produced by the Weinstein Company just to add more conflict.

Thanks.   I never heard of him or the movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/11/2019 at 5:44 PM, lynxfx said:

I didn't realize that the brit's client is also on another reality show. That just double downs on the stupidity of that whole interaction

Not only that, but the brits work for The Agency, which owned by Mauricio who is Kyle Richards' husband. She is also on the Housewives of Beverly Hills.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, oakville said:

PK & his wife Dorit are on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. They were mad at dropping the price from $12.75 million to $8.9 M. The offer that came in was below $8m. Is the pricing of homes in Beverly Hills that elastic ?

That is what's funny about this show.  The agents explain that homes are selling for above asking price, and selling right away.  Then they come back with offers of below asking price, and convince their clients to take the lower amount.  As they fade into commercial break, these same agents who sold the house for millions UNDER asking price explain why they are the best in the business.  Don't they ever watch the show to see how ridiculous they look?

On 1/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, oakville said:

PK was getting very mad at his agent and demanded to speak with the buyers agent. That is a recipe for disaster.

It seems like a good idea to just talk directly with the buyers agent.  But then you can let emotion get in the way.  As you said-- a recipe for disaster.

7 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

Not only that, but the brits work for The Agency, which owned by Mauricio who is Kyle Richards' husband. She is also on the Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Makes you wonder how much of the negotiating is real, and how much is just made up for the show.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

The 3 things you need to know about SALES people :

1)  They LIE

2)  They LIE

3)  They LIE

Interesting you said this because we were just talking about it during the last show:

If these people weren't doing real estate, then what would they be doing?

We all agreed that Josh Altman would be selling luxury cars.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

If these people weren't doing real estate, then what would they be doing?

We all agreed that Josh Altman would be selling luxury cars.

I think he's be a greasy pimp.  Not that he's not one already ...

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

 

Makes you wonder how much of the negotiating is real, and how much is just made up for the show.

I'm one of those who believe that at least 90% of what we see on Bravo reality TV is staged.   

43 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

Not only that, but the brits work for The Agency, which owned by Mauricio who is Kyle Richards' husband. She is also on the Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Then they should have known that Dorit and PK don't own that house.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I'm one of those who believe that at least 90% of what we see on Bravo reality TV is staged.

And that is so unnecessary.   Going way back, do any of you remember "This Old House?"  It was literally nothing more than a camera crew following along as people restored old homes.  No drama, just looking over a carpenter's shoulder as they worked to restore a home.

Now remember, this was long before Youtube, Hulu, and all of that.  Back when a film crew being in town was quite an event.

The carpenters needed a permit, and took the camera crew along to the town hall in a sleepy little town. As they are applying for the permit, the mayor in this small town hears the activity out in the lobby.  He almost jumps over desks, practically knocking people over to get in front of the camera!  It was just such a perfect thing for a mayor in a small town to do.  Like something out of the Andy Griffith Show.

So you don't need all the made up drama to produce an interesting show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing I care about is getting an update on the listing that James (purportedly, theatrically) turned down because the seller wanted $3-4M more than James thought it was worth. (I'm doomed, of course, to disappointment unless someone here chases down which house it is.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I think he's be a greasy pimp.  Not that he's not one already ...

That legit made me LOL. Not just a pimp but a GREASY pimp. Yes, indeed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, oakville said:

That gives some more info about how many price changes there were. The show made it sound like it went from 12.75m to 8m but it really dropped to $11m, then $9m then $8.745m over the course of a year. Then $8.25m in December before hitting $7.995m yesterday. So as Flagg would say, they are chasing the market down. Toss in that they tried renting it out at $40k/mo as well. 

What is really crazy is that they bought it in 2016 for $6.56m and thought they could sell it not even a year later for $12.75m. 

Boy the more I read about this couple more I'm glad this house is tanking. Pure trash.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

There's a piece on RealityBlurb about Dorit & PK, their house and MMLLA.     I'd post the link but I'm  on my iPad and whenever I try to copy a link on this device, it erases itself.   GRR!  Anyway, they are NOT the sole owners of that house. They own a small share  along with other people.   Apparently, they think they can make money on a house by living in it for a while and then selling it as if they were A list celebs.   They listed it with both Hilton and Mauricio.

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Everybody was more toned down last night.  Josh Altman was actually likable, and It was interesting to watch him work with Tracy instead of against her.

Josh:  This house even has a grotto.

Tracy:  My dad has a grotto.

Josh:  Your dad is cool.

I liked that little interaction.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

Everybody was more toned down last night.  Josh Altman was actually likable, and It was interesting to watch him work with Tracy instead of against her.

Josh:  This house even has a grotto.

Tracy:  My dad has a grotto.

Josh:  Your dad is cool.

I liked that little interaction.

I agree. And I like the edit, the rythm, etc... And yes, I like what Tracy adds this season. It gives a more friendly and "real" vibe. (and I LOVE that, when she speaks, the Altman's listen. And she is quite good in "managing" Josh A. when he goes nuts. ETA : in fact, she treats him like a child and... it works !)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

I LOVE that, when she speaks, the Altman's listen.

And Josh even asked her for advice when the clients pulled the staging from the house:

"Tell the truth-- how much is this going to hurt a sale?"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

And Josh even asked her for advice when the clients pulled the staging from the house:

"Tell the truth-- how much is this going to hurt a sale?"

Yes ! I was even thinking that Tracy and Matt should have been an item a long time ago, because of how they interact. There's is trust and respect here, and I like it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×