silverspoons

AGT The Champions: All Episode Discussion

Kind of sucks that Kseniya didn't get a chance to perform one more time.  I mean, how many sand artists will ever be on AGT?

She just posted an awesome tribute to all the finalists.

• Like 10

I think they got the top 4 right. Kind of a no brainer. Assumed Preacher would get 5th as he’s been an annointed one from the moment he’s shown up. I think he’s a talented performer and absolutely made for a sitcom, but his material is not remotely funny. His trying waaaay tooo hard standup is painful to sit through. I’m glad he’s given up the Kevin Hart imitation, though.

Figured there was no way Darci was going to win as a Wild Card, even though the fact she had to get there that was was ridiculous.

The show had some good moments and they sure ended up with some great acts. But that horrible 50 state lie has to stop; its insulting to the audience.

• Like 3

50 Shades of Shin?

Totally worthy winner and also Top 3.  I was a wee bit sad they didn't give it to Kseniya (even if she misspelled Shin's name on her tribute posted above:)).  I believe the title would have done her the most good.  And that lady merits tons of good.  Love always wins.  

I was also sad watching Mel in all the vignettes which were recorded immediately after the performance Finale.  Did she know she was on her way out?  I doubt it.  All the best to her.

Amelie is a stunning woman.  I almost don't care when I watch the Clairvoyants' act.  Just show me that vision in some phenomenal gown.    

Overall, this was not a bad mini-season.  I got my Prince back for at least a night, and some AGT royalty got to take a deserved victory lap, or three.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I was also sad watching Mel in all the vignettes which were recorded immediately after the performance Finale.  Did she know she was on her way out?  I doubt it.  All the best to her.

I don't believe Mel B was fired; she decided to commit to a Spice Girls reunion tour.  A while back I swear I read somewhere that Mel B might leave AGT (this was amidst her personal drama with possible inpatient rehab program, which never happened) and that former Spice Girl Mel C may take her place.  That's off the table because of the upcoming Spice Girls tour.  I get the feeling that Mel B mainly enjoyed her time on AGT but is ready to move on to something else.  At times I have 'loved to hate' her and criticized her, but somehow she actually endeared herself to me and I wish her all the best.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, marketdoctor said:

I hate to admit it, but I laughed at Simon Cowell asking Susan Boyle "What's your name?"

You know you're a star if "what's  your name" becomes a joke.

Edited by Jenny8
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

23 hours ago, Sounder said:

Since the got talent concept developed in the UK.... but debuted in the USA first...... they've always had similar formats....their show contains all the same elements..... auditions....judges cuts.... live shows.   Apparently....bgt champions will begin taping immediately following their live shows.  Unless the Brits have watched our show and were wondering what the bloody heck are super fans and complain ..... I expect it'll be the same.

I'm in the UK myself. AGT: The Champions has been airing weekly on Netflix so I imagine some Brit fans have been viewing, and there have been some updates in the media.

I don't know how the "50 states/superfans" would work with a BGT: The Champions. I would think it'd be safer to just have the studio audiences vote for the auditions, and perhaps a live final for everyone to vote.

BGT doesn't have judges cuts like AGT, though I wonder if it'll happen in the future. I always feel like not as much effort is put into BGT but I'd like to see that improve perhaps.

In terms of it being exactly the same, I do think it could treat viewers as idiots if it's an exact carbon copy of AGT: The Champions. But I also wonder if many of The Champions contestants would return for BGT. I was thinking I'd like to see Kseniya Simonava again, but I don't know how they could top her AGT golden buzzer audition moment.

• Like 1

I guess we may never know about the truth of Mel and Heidi leaving. For some reason I get the impression Mel leaving was more mutual as perhaps it was more to be expected, but Heidi I'm wondering if it came as a shock to her.

I think I forgot they'd been there for quite a big part of AGT's history, and they both seemed to have been appreciative to be there.

I think Kseniya Simonova's tribute to The Champions was a nice touch from her.

• Like 2

I adore Shin Lin so I was happy with the win, though I would have been happy with Darci, Susan, sand lady or even Jon.  Cannot stand Preacher, and I truly don't understand how he could have been top 5.  How the heck he beat out Paul, Susan and Jon is a complete mystery to me.

Magic people out there, how did Shin do the trick with Melissa Fumero where he exchanges the cards.  Her card was in her mouth the entire time.  

17 hours ago, matthieus2 said:

I'm in the UK myself. AGT: The Champions has been airing weekly on Netflix so I imagine some Brit fans have been viewing, and there have been some updates in the media.

I don't know how the "50 states/superfans" would work with a BGT: The Champions. I would think it'd be safer to just have the studio audiences vote for the auditions, and perhaps a live final for everyone to vote.

BGT doesn't have judges cuts like AGT, though I wonder if it'll happen in the future. I always feel like not as much effort is put into BGT but I'd like to see that improve perhaps.

In terms of it being exactly the same, I do think it could treat viewers as idiots if it's an exact carbon copy of AGT: The Champions. But I also wonder if many of The Champions contestants would return for BGT. I was thinking I'd like to see Kseniya Simonava again, but I don't know how they could top her AGT golden buzzer audition moment.

I wonder if Simon might be getting old..... I thouoghly hate his ideas for two x factors.....maybe a alumni edition isn't that bad but if a successful act from the series doesn't return.....why should they?   Unless they need the career boost.   A "celebrity" edition featuring british soap stars and what nots?????  Seeeeeriously????   Does that imclude Simon himself?   And where does he find the time for two x factors.....two bgt's..... at least one agt..... he's been looking haggard..... it looks like he slept in that t shirt.