Null37283t03

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Let’s see what Roseanne has to say about this (hopefully nothing):

From CNN: ABC Renews The Conners for Season 2

I mean, she can bitch and moan all she wants, but ABC wouldn't have spun-off the Connors into their own show if they hadn't covered all of their legal bases in regards to intellectual property copyright. If you notice, we never actually see any pictures/footage of Roseanne on The Connors, just references to her name.

I think the problem is that she's basically pissed that the Connors didn't flop like she probably thought it would so it's bringing back out one of her nastier personalities.

YouTuber Legal Eagle condenses the "Operation Varsity Blues" into layman's terms, while throwing a lot of shade at Mumsy and Olivia Jade:

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3

On 3/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, Dani said:

Absolutely. It would be nice if she would take this as a wake up call but based on reports that’s not happening yet. She comes across like a toddler having a tantrum about how unfair it is. 

Olivia Jade is entitled and dumber than a box of hair.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Isn't there anyone in Miss Giannulli's life to tell her that the more she whines opens her mouth on the subject, the less chance folks will give her the doubts' benefits -especially at this time the possibility of her innocence in her parents' alleged involvements in criminal activities? What's especially sad is that before all this only folks who knew her personally or followed her on that side that rhymes with Dew Goob  would have had inkling re her persona prior to this mess! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Isn't there anyone in Miss Giannulli's life to tell her that the more she whines opens her mouth on the subject, the less chance folks will give her the doubts' benefits -especially at this time the possibility of her innocence in her parents' alleged involvements in criminal activities? What's especially sad is that before all this only folks who knew her personally or followed her on that side that rhymes with Dew Goob  would have had inkling re her persona prior to this mess! 

Schadenfreude is a sweet, sweet thing. I do think it's apparently dawning on her and the parents that this isn't all just going to blow over. I don't think Lori Loughlin is actually going to jail but man she's gotta be regretting she didn't just let her daughter be a celebutante beauty guru like she wanted to be.

They are keeping their mouths shut at least publicly so I guess that's smart. Although I wonder if her YouTube videos are going to be used as evidence? I'm assuming her high school records are going to get seized for evidence.

I cannot believe Kris Jenner actually ended up a better parent than Aunt Becky was. At least Kris knows how stupid her kids are and owns it. LOL.

I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if the family gets offered a reality show but they don't strike me as the type willing to be as "candid" (to put it mildly) as the Kardashians are.

• Like 6

It's interesting that so much of the news focus and public animosity has been directed at Loughlin and especially Olivia.

Huffman/Macy and their kids have emerged relatively unscathed in comparison. Their bribe was a lot lower and Macy isn't getting fired from his show, but the main difference to me is Olivia herself.

Live by social media, die by social media my dear.

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Schadenfreude is a sweet, sweet thing. I do think it's apparently dawning on her and the parents that this isn't all just going to blow over. I don't think Lori Loughlin is actually going to jail but man she's gotta be regretting she didn't just let her daughter be a celebutante beauty guru like she wanted to be.

This is really the whole crux of the matter. Neither parent went to college, & they decided that their kids were going, & it had to be a prestigious school. The fact that this scenario had nothing to do with the reality of their kid's abilities was just an inconvenience to them.

I cannot believe Kris Jenner actually ended up a better parent than Aunt Becky was. At least Kris knows how stupid her kids are and owns it. LOL.

LOL, you're right, Kris knows her kids are better with pictures than words.

49 minutes ago, 2727 said:

Yep, a good way to put it.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is really the whole crux of the matter. Neither parent went to college, & they decided that their kids were going, & it had to be a prestigious school. The fact that this scenario had nothing to do with the reality of their kid's abilities was just an inconvenience to them.

Actually, Mossimo did go to USC and graduated in 1987. But yeah, the same point applies.

11 minutes ago, GaT said:

I think it's because Lori Loughlin had this squeaky clean image and because Olivia Jade is tee-hee-heeing on the Internet about how she didn't want to go to school that is driving a lot of the outrage.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think it's because Lori Loughlin had this squeaky clean image and because Olivia Jade is tee-hee-heeing on the Internet about how she didn't want to go to school that is driving a lot of the outrage.

Yeah. I think Olivia Jade's behaviour is a huge part of why they are getting more focus than Huffman along with Huffman actually seeming to feel at least ashamed for what she did while Loughlin seems to think this is just an annoying inconvenience. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Yeah. I think Olivia Jade's behaviour is a huge part of why they are getting more focus than Huffman along with Huffman actually seeming to feel at least ashamed for what she did while Loughlin seems to think this is just an annoying inconvenience. 

From the moment this story broke, I figured Loughlin and Giannulli would take more heat than Huffman and Macy for two reasons (well, three if you count the fact Macy isn't even charged, but I still generally hear them talked about together): One, the whole "fake athletics" scam - complete with staged/altered photographs - has a "Seriously?!" factor above and beyond the SAT/ACT cheating scandal (and involves more money being spent).  Two, the calls and emails quoted in the affidavit reveal Huffman doing a bad thing, but don't really give a glimpse into her overall personality.  Those of Loughlin and Giannulli, though, paint a picture of a rich celebrity couple so stereotypical it's a cartoon.  Huffman and Macy will send a check.  Loughlin and Giannulli will instruct their business manager to do so, just as soon as they get home from their vacation in the Bahamas.  There's just an overall vibe with those two that came through as beyond even the rampant, clueless entitlement of the other defendants.

The courtroom sketch artist's article about the difference between Huffman's demeanor and Loughlin's wasn't long after that.

And then, hoo boy, once I saw some clips of Olivia's YouTube posts, I knew the negative attention on the Loughlin/Giannulli family would be relentless.  That girl is very much a product of her environment, chip off the old blocks, whatever you want to call it.  It's a BAD look that she put out there for the world to see, and as people continue to dig up old posts, her comments continue to pop up in the news.  So, yeah, she's a big part of why there's more attention on them.

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Actually, Mossimo did go to USC and graduated in 1987.

I thought he either never enrolled (per Olivia) or did and dropped out (per The Hollywood Reporter), but continued to take the money from his parents that was supposed to be for tuition and instead used it to launch the beginnings of his design business.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 7

Mossimo told his parents he was going to college, but wasn't even enrolled.   He took their tuition money to support himself, and lied.    He's never gone to college. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I thought he either never enrolled (per Olivia) or did and dropped out (per The Hollywood Reporter), but continued to take the money from his parents that was supposed to be for tuition and instead used it to launch the beginnings of his design business.

He was never enrolled.  I found an Interview with him from 2016 where he describes how he scammed his dad. 

A lot of us go to college without ever going to class, but Mossimo went to USC without being enrolled at all. He not only convinced his dad that he was a student by falsifying report cards, Mossimo got him to fork over fees with fake tuition bills. In fact, Moss used this seed money to initiate his foray into the T-shirt biz. “SC was expensive, so that was how I was starting my company. I used all that cash,” he declares unapologetically.

https://thehundreds.com/blogs/bobby-hundreds/the-man-the-myth-giannulli-mossimo-interview

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

A lot of us go to college without ever going to class, but Mossimo went to USC without being enrolled at all. He not only convinced his dad that he was a student by falsifying report cards, Mossimo got him to fork over fees with fake tuition bills. In fact, Moss used this seed money to initiate his foray into the T-shirt biz. “SC was expensive, so that was how I was starting my company. I used all that cash,” he declares unapologetically.

I’m going to take a wild guess as to which parent came up with this recent college scam... That was some of the initial surprise, that it didn’t really seem like something that was part of Loughlin’s wheelhouse.

• Like 6

So, he's been at this for years. Now I do feel bad for their brain dead daughter. She never stood a chance of not being an entitled little shit.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 2727 said:

interesting that so much of the news focus and public animosity has been directed at Loughlin and especially Olivia.

Huffman/Macy and their kids have emerged relatively unscathed in comparison. Their bribe was a lot lower and Macy isn't getting fired from his show, but the main difference to me is Olivia herself.

I definitely think it’s because of the fact that Olivia Jane was an “influencer”’with a following of her own and the public comments she made about not wanting to go to school. But I also think the difference is the lying amd even faking pictures of the crew team and the massive amount of money compared to the relatively “small” amount of Huffman/Macy daughter and that it was “only” cheating on a test.

• Like 3

Before this happened with the college entry evident scams, would anyone else have imagined that John Stamos would wind up to be the adult Full House cast member who actually was not only the one closest to being like  his onscreen character  but also, by default, it seems the NICEST  of the adult cast? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Before this happened with the college entry evident scams, would anyone else have imagined that John Stamos would wind up to be the adult Full House cast member who actually was not only the one closest to being like  his onscreen character  but also, by default, it seems the NICEST  of the adult cast? 

Word. Ironically though, I remember reading something some years back where a person interviewed him and thought he wasn't all that nice. And they thought that David Duchovny was nicer. That said, what a crazy world we're living in at this time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I would definitely not agree. One of many stories of John being horrible.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

Agree that was by no means 'nice' of Mr. Stamos. However; I said by default the 'nicest' which means that if one compares the track records of all the cast, he seems better  than the others though  that by no means does that mean good in of itself . All-in-all, it seems just as well I don't have know  or interact with any of them! 

• Like 1

Just now, Blergh said:

Agree that was by no means 'nice' of Mr. Stamos. However; I said by default the 'nicest' which means that if one compares the track records of all the cast, he seems better  than the others though  that by no means does that mean good in of itself . All-in-all, it seems just as well I don't have know  or interact with any of them! 

Bob Saget maybe blue in his comedy but as far as I know he doesn’t have a long history of cheating, a dui or two, being creepy about a little people and a gazillion of the other things known about John so he would get my vote.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I would definitely not agree. One of many stories of John being horrible.

Exactly; he's a gross, creepy jerk, and when I wanted to watch the later seasons of ER that I hadn't watched the first time around when they were in syndication last year or so, I found it hard to even watch the episodes he was in.

Drogo

This is a place for news about celebrities.

This isn't a place for news about not-celebrities.