Jump to content
Drogo

S06.E13 & E14: Tell-All

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

After watching the second season of Goliath and a few choice episodes of CSI I will never be shocked by the things people get off on.

RIGHT????  Is he considered sexy in baraboo?  Is the population like 95% blind single women who don't have access to a computer?

A. You me a new keyboard HAHAHAHAHAAH

6. Perhaps the place has been bird-boxed

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

You are 100 per cent right about that.  Hit the nail on the head.  They both need to be taken care of.  I couldn’t put my finger on it, but now I see why Kilani sister is so attached and worries about her.  Their parents also.

Kalani is not bright either. Her decisions are just awful. It's like every time she has a chance to do right she goes left.

I think about that road trip when she had a fit because Asuelu took Oliver out of the car seat. She put the baby in worse jeopardy by looking back and screaming and trying to drive with Cheeto fingers.

They're low on money. And, they're only an hour away from their destination. For heaven's sake, it's still DAYLIGHT! And, Kalani makes the decision that it's time to stop and spend money for a hotel room for the night. I mean, WTF? How much did that room cost? Why didn't you just drive for another 60 minutes and reach your destination?

Because she's Kalani, and her brain doesn't work good. And she can't live good and do other stuff good. #Zoolander 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Some breastfed babies won't take a bottle. Maybe Oliver is one of them.

The way those two are, I wouldn't be surprised if her sister could feed him without a bottle.

 

3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This is getting really ridiculous!  I am responding to this comment because it is the most recent but many people here have said that he was trying to leave the country with the baby.  Yes, he did say that he thought he should take the baby to America but he NEVER tried to take the baby without Olga knowing.  No matter what you think of his plan - what we SAW was a PARENT discussing custody of a child with the OTHER PARENT!   And again, no matter what anyone thinks about his qualifications to parent or what is the best situation for a newborn it is up to his parents to decide what THEY want to do.  Painting him as some sort of international child smuggler/kidnapper is really jumping to conclusions.

That's the thing for me.  He has given us so many reasons to hate him that jumping to conclusions is unnecessary, and in fact can make one's point weaker.  But I like facts.  Or as close as we can get to them on shows like this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

I'm ready to declare a winner :

image.png.50961620416dc2804444668be9500a5f.png

His boobs are bigger than I thought.  He totally gives me the creeps and it has nothing to do with his moobs.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, eatsleep said:

OMG yes! I was so puzzled by her grungy little knitted hat and his stupid thrift store jacket thing.

I kept wanting to fix Colt's collar

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Granny58 said:
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Erik's ex-wife did an interview and said Erik drinks too much and is a womanizer

I am stunned that he is a womanizer.  How is that even possible????

He strikes me as the "dirty old man" type who tries to pick up women in bars, but I doubt if he's very successful at it. 

edited to add: I think if you asked Larissa, she'd also claim Coltee is a womanizer since she was jealous that he "true complimented" the waitress's glasses. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm always amazed at the desperation of these people to come to America. They will actually marry people like Colt, David Poor, Danielle, Nicole and Pole to name a few.

Apparently Coltee likes to jackee offee on camera.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

He strikes me as the "dirty old man" type who tries to pick up women in bars, but I doubt if he's very successful at it. 

I was about to say the same thing -- being considered a "womanizer" doesn't mean that he's good or successful at it!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

This was kalani/kolanis point, which I totally agreed with.  Even if someone else has the money you can send something just to show that you're trying to care for your child.

So much of that discussion had its foundations in cultural differences.  The guy comes from an island in the Pacific.  What does he know about normal cultural behavior outside of Samoa?  Why would anyone expect him to have that knowledge?  Did anyone explain this to him at any point, or did they just assume he was a deadbeat so they could hold it over his head forever, like they're doing?  
I'm sorry, but the guy is not from around these parts.  He was also supporting his parents, so I'm not sure he even had anything to send.  I don't like the Horror sisters because they're really evil at heart, both of them.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Well, while we know this rarely happens on this show, there is a SLIGHT chance of producer manipulation here also : ).  They could have decided that it was a good idea for Richie to have the US passport for many reasons and we never got to see the discussion.  Also, isn't it possible that even if Olga didn't get the K1 she could get a visitor visa and bring Richie in the future and they thought this might make it easier?  I don't think it is out of the question that Olga could get a normal, visit the US visa.

I think getting Richie’s passport as soon as he could was actually smart. I have no issue with that. Trying to take him outnof the country without Olga would have been a problem though.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, b2H said:

So much of that discussion had its foundations in cultural differences.  The guy comes from an island in the Pacific.  What does he know about normal cultural behavior outside of Samoa?  Why would anyone expect him to have that knowledge?  Did anyone explain this to him at any point, or did they just assume he was a deadbeat so they could hold it over his head forever, like they're doing?  
I'm sorry, but the guy is not from around these parts.  He was also supporting his parents, so I'm not sure he even had anything to send.  I don't like the Horror sisters because they're really evil at heart, both of them.

I don't know, I don't think anyone should have to tell you that you should support your child.  And I don't think there was anything particularly cultural about "I thought you were rich so I no longer had any responsibility to care for my child."

And I think he still thinks this is the case, which is why he was so excited to have another child that he cannot afford.  He doesn't seem to think that financially supporting a child is his responsibility.  And he understand a responsibility to support family if he supports his parents 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2019 at 7:37 AM, bichonblitz said:

Steven makes no apologies for anything and still comes off as very controlling. . That's a bad sign. He can still take the baby away from Olga once she's here. I hope she is very, very careful. 

I was rooting for her to stay in Russia.  I think he is nothing but trouble and will continue to verbally/mentally abuse her.  I do not see him changing or growing out of it.  While I am here and commenting...

This season felt really dirty to me.  I didn't like any of the couples really. 

Jay/Ashley:  He is 20 and a playboy.  To expect him to act differently when he had nothing to keep him busy was foolish.  I fast forwarded through a lot of their story.  Hopefully she has learned her friend had her best interest in mind and maybe she will believe her next time.

Leida/Erik:  Man, when her sister was around she was pretty honest about Leida's crazy.  He is the hardest looking 40 I have seen and I have seen some shit.  He is icky and she is no prize but, even Leida didn't deserve to come to the US for THAT lifestyle.  He is not in a position to buy a wife financially or otherwise.  What a sad existence.  

Fernanda/Jon:  I felt she was cute and he was a douchebag.  I did NOT know she was a literal child when he met her.  That grosses me out and I am glad they are not together.  Why couldn't he find someone who was of legal age here?  Because he is a douchebag.  

Larissa/Colten:  Ew.  Just overall ew.  I don't think she is as pretty as she thinks she is, he is SUPER gross (not necessarily just in looks, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a trunk of trophies from past women), and unless he MUST live with his mother as a caregiver, I would run far away from any man who at his age lives with his mother.  The only thing about him that I could possibly like about him is his cats.  But I do not want to think about what he does to them when the cameras aren't around.  That said, I also felt badly for Larissa that she hooked her wagon to this mofo and come here for THAT life.  Just no.  

Kalani/Asuelu:  He is a sweet and naive boy who may be on the spectrum as suggested above.  He doesn't seem to process things well.  Her family needs to be a bit warmer to him.  I think they would be better off living in Samoa and Kalani might want to check into some bc. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm confused about Ashley -- she certainly made it sound like she didn't want to be on the hook to pay for Jay for the next 10 years, but didn't she also say she wasn't going to change his status?

I think she tried to act like she's some badass that would never put up with a cheating man...and yet, I bet she gives him many many more chances only to be disappointed EVERY TIME.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I wasn't suggesting that it's cool to not support your child. It is disgusting if he was lax and didn't bother. But to me, it doesn't match his character on the show. I want to know if Kalani asked him to send money and diapers and whatever and he said, "No. Why should I? You live in a rich country and don't need anything from me" or did Kalani cease contact with him and never reach out to him for help. It was not made clear whether she asked for help and he refused. He's childlike to such a high degree. He doesn't know a lot of things that people think he's supposed to know. If he really did feel like Oliver would be well taken care of here because everyone in America is rich and he needed to continue to support his parents, I don't see it as coming from a cold hearted, cruel dirtbag. I seriously would have seen it as a teaching moment and let him know that he is definitely misinformed and it doesn't matter if Kalani is wealthy, he should be contributing. I don't see him fighting back against that. I just think he has led such a simple life that he just doesn't know. The answer to that is not to skewer him, but teach him. If Kalani wanted an smart, educated, in the know person, she wouldn't have married an Island boy who is very naive about the world. She can't expect him to know things that he is not aware of and it's not really fair to trash him for being unaware. She can trash him if she explains things and he ignores them, of course. 

Kalani and Kolini said their disappointment wasn't just about his not sending money. They he was not involved at all. 

I never said he was cruel, just that I found his lack of involvement gross. In every culture, on every continent on earth, men know they are expected to protect and provide for their children. If he knows to kick in and support his parents, then he knows he needs to kick in and support his child. He knows how to finesse the panties off of foreign tourists but he can't ask if his infant child is OK? Bullshit.

 

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Also, it's painfully clear that Jay used her to get to the United States. He's very calculating. He waited until they were married to mess around because in his mind, he felt safe.

I don't see how he felt safe or had calculated this when he knows (and told the guys in the barber shop) it's not a done deal for two more years. 

 

29 minutes ago, b2H said:

So much of that discussion had its foundations in cultural differences.  The guy comes from an island in the Pacific.  What does he know about normal cultural behavior outside of Samoa?  Why would anyone expect him to have that knowledge?  Did anyone explain this to him at any point, or did they just assume he was a deadbeat so they could hold it over his head forever, like they're doing?  
I'm sorry, but the guy is not from around these parts.  He was also supporting his parents, so I'm not sure he even had anything to send.  I don't like the Horror sisters because they're really evil at heart, both of them.

He's from another country. Not another planet. He knows English. He watched American tv. He socialized w/ tourists from all over the world. Ppl who live in the South Pacific raise children like everyone else. They understand ppl need to eat and go to the doctor and wear clothing, etc. He admits he was working so he could give his parents money so they could live. He understands the concept. 

Edited by eatsleep
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, b2H said:

So much of that discussion had its foundations in cultural differences.  The guy comes from an island in the Pacific.  What does he know about normal cultural behavior outside of Samoa?  Why would anyone expect him to have that knowledge? 

Samoan society is predominantly patriarchal, so his cultural norms dictate (probably more than ours do)  that a father should be the income provider for a family while a mother cares for the child and keeps the home.  I think Asuelu could've cleared all this up by saying "Hey, don't you need anything for the baby?" but he didn't, because he's a shitbag deadbeat who thinks money and diapers grow on trees in Oliver's mother's big country and Kalani didn't ask because she probably knows Asuelu has two settings:  Uncontrollable Tears and Finger Guns.  In short, he's exactly the kind of guy Low didn't want for his daughters. 

Shit, even Terrible Little Steven arrived in Russia and immediately started spending most of his limited funds to get Olga set up with everything Richie would need. 

Asuelu couldn't understand why Steven wanted to hear 'thank you' because Asuelu never did anything for Kalani besides knock her up, so he's never expected to hear thank you from her. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

I don't know, I don't think anyone should have to tell you that you should support your child.  And I don't think there was anything particularly cultural about "I thought you were rich so I no longer had any responsibility to care for my child."

And I think he still thinks this is the case, which is why he was so excited to have another child that he cannot afford.  He doesn't seem to think that financially supporting a child is his responsibility.  And he understand a responsibility to support family if he supports his parents 

Yes! Thank you. It's actually offensive to read ppl imply Samoans lack basic morality and common sense (not wanting to support their own child).

Edited by eatsleep
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I think getting Richie’s passport as soon as he could was actually smart. I have no issue with that. Trying to take him outnof the country without Olga would have been a problem though.

It probably is smart to get the passport or the paperwork done.  It just seems like the passport was obtained, in Steven's mind, as best I can tell, so that he could take Richie back to the United States with him.

Which is a fine plan if both parties have agreed to it.  But Steven was so busy pushing for richies paperwork and being shifty eyed with Olga about the status of her paperwork knowing full well that there is no way he could take Richie and Olga back with him.

He never specifically said he was going to take the baby, but up until he had gone into the embassy he had not been on the up and up with Olga, and he had been pushy about Richies paperwork.

The conversation about "well, it might take a long time to get YOUR paperwork Olga so maybe I should take the baby back with me" happened right after his embassy visit.  And no one in the embassy would have given him any more information on Olga's visa status since he hadn't applied for it.  He knew she couldn't leave with Richie.

Which makes me think that it's possible that the only information he DID get from the embassy was that there was no way he could just take Richie without Olga's consent.

It's certainly open for interpretation and it's not set in stone that that's what happened.  But right up until the embassy visit he had been very opaque, IMO.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly I think Ashley wants to keep her options open for making up so they can be on Happily Ever After.....it' a paycheck and it comes with attention.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Samoan society is predominantly patriarchal, so his cultural norms dictate (probably more than ours do)  that a father should be the income provider for a family while a mother cares for the child and keeps the home.  I think Asuelu could've cleared all this up by saying "Hey, don't you need anything for the baby?" but he didn't, because he's a shitbag deadbeat who thinks money and diapers grow on trees in Oliver's mother's big country and Kalani didn't ask because she probably knows Asuelu has two settings:  Uncontrollable Tears and Finger Guns.  In short, he's exactly the kind of guy Low didn't want for his daughters. 

Shit, even Terrible Little Steven arrived in Russia and immediately started spending most of his limited funds to get Olga set up with everything Richie would need. 

Asuelu couldn't understand why Steven wanted to hear 'thank you' because Asuelu never did anything for Kalani besides knock her up, so he's never expected to hear thank you from her. 

As much as I despise Steven, you are right.  Even he has kicked in whatever little money he made waiting tables.  I don't think it requires a thank you per se.  But I acknowledge that in that respect he was pretty stand up.

And 1000% agree that if you know a guy is going to start crying or putting his hands over his ears when he is even mildly confronted to do something you're not going to want to approach him at all.  

I had an ex boyfriend who would cry whenever we had an argument because I just couldn't deal and I would just drop my point immediately.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

He's from another country. Not another planet. He knows English. He watched American tv. He socialized w/ tourists from all over the world. Ppl who live in the South Pacific raise children like everyone else. They understand ppl need to eat and go to the doctor and wear clothing, etc. He admits he was working so he could give his parents money so they could live. He understands the concept. 

Yes, thank you!  I think far too often we give the 90 Day Fiances a break b/c they are from other countries and attribute everything to cultural differences.  I think there are also far too many "on the spectrum" armchair diagnoses.  Sometimes people are just sociopaths, socially uncomfortable, awkward, not intelligent.  

Asuelo's constant tears, and then his strange outsburst when there was arguing going on now makes me wonder if the Asuelo is violent and got fired b/c of an altercation with a female employee at the resort is actually true.

Early on, I felt embarrassed by him, for him, and sad for him.  After watching him for a while, I can see why the sister is freaked out by this union.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Honestly I think Ashley wants to keep her options open for making up so they can be on Happily Ever After.....it' a paycheck and it comes with attention.

Plus, she's totally getting off on being able to publicly chastise him and he will take it because he really wants to stay in the U.S. And then there's the angry fucking, too. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

Instagram and Fashion Nova. She will probably never be on the cover of Vogue but the Target Spring collection mailer is not out of the question. I actually think Fernanda is pretty but someone said she looked like a sock monkey and now I'm questioning all my life decisions.

I needed this laugh. Thank you. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Sometimes people are just sociopaths, socially uncomfortable, awkward, not intelligent.  

Sometimes people are just assholes.  I agree it does a disservice to those with an actual diagnosis to lump people behaving badly in with them, based purely on bad behavior.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, not you again said:

He appeared to have every intention of doing so, and as a PP said Olga's very obvious relief when he told her she could keep the baby (just typing that gets my hackles up) it seems this was not made-up drama in Olga's mind.

her relief really made an impression on me.  Either she is a marvelous actress and should head straight to Hollywood or she actually thought he was taking the baby.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

her relief really made an impression on me.  Either she is a marvelous actress and should head straight to Hollywood or she actually thought he was taking the baby.  

Exactly.  It could very well have been producer manipulation, but it doesn't excuse it to me because she clearly thought this was a real possibility.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

<snip> Also, isn't it possible that even if Olga didn't get the K1 she could get a visitor visa and bring Richie in the future and they thought this might make it easier?  I don't think it is out of the question that Olga could get a normal, visit the US visa.

If Steven hasn't applied for the K-1 visa, then yes, Olga could apply for a Visitor visa.

However, if the K-1 visa application has been submitted and is in process, OR is submitted and subsequently denied, Olga would not get approved for a Visitors visa. Visitor visas are only granted to those the US has determined will leave when the visa expires; someone who has filed for a K-1 has made it known their intention is to immigrate. Therefore they are a risk to get married while in the U.S. on their Visitor visa, then apply for an Adjustment of Status (circumventing the K-1 process).

More on that here.

Edited to add: isn't that what Rachel and Jon (90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days) tried to do? I can't remember now whether Rachel ever filed for a K-1 visa for Jon or whether they held off because the chances of it getting approved were slim due to his criminal record. I can't remember the timeline of what they did. I know they got married in England, and didn't Jon also visit Rachel in the U.S. (which would have been on a Visitor visa)? But I don't recall the order in which these things took place.

5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

<snip>  You can't just apply for a K-1 visa without the other person giving their information.  I base this on absolutely nothing but unless she filled out paperwork and Steven simply didn't file it she was probably aware that nothing had been done.

I downloaded the K-1 visa application and instructions from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website. The foreign immigrant ("beneficiary") does not complete any part of the form nor do they sign it. All of the information for both the petitioner and the beneficiary is completed by the petitioner; only the petitioner signs the form.

While the information requested regarding the beneficiary is extensive (it's a single form covering both the petitioner and the beneficiary - but it's 13 pages long), there's nothing there that couldn't be communicated in a phone call or Skype/FaceTime session. 

It's entirely possible Steven obtained the necessary information from Olga, completed the form, and just didn't submit it.

Edited by TwirlyGirly · Reason: Added info/questions about Rachel and Jon
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

In every culture, on every continent on earth, men know they are expected to protect and provide for their children.

I'm sorry but this simply is not true. When I lived in Southern Africa region nearly all the households were female-headed and men went around impregnating women and being proud & loud about their abilty to get a woman pregnant but it was totally not expected that they would step up and actually be a parent, let alone give anything monetary to raise said child(ren), and most didn't. In fact, most kids I knew didn't know who their fathers were. Sure preachers preached 'family values' of a two parent home but those were/are 'Christian' values and didn't take into account the current social norms. Not saying I approved of that, but that's how it was. In other regions of Africa at that time, men were responsible fathers, just not in the region I was in. So no, it's not everywhere.

 

And in the Pacific Islands cultural practices vary greatly from island to island. I dont know what Samoan culture is like, but it seems from what I see locally where I live, and on this show, family is closely knit so either Asuelu is a slacker asshole, or he's mentally deficient in some manner and isn't terribly socially aware of what is expected of him. I suspect the latter because dude just doesn't seem right in the noggin'.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to defend Asuelu a little here.  Financially supporting children, is NOT universally a given.  What about Leida's ex not contributing for Alless?  It's normal for us here in the US, but even then look at how many parents need court orders to do "the right thing".  

If Kalani didn't ask, especially since they seemed to be very on again/off again, I'm not surprised that it didn't occur to him to offer.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I'm going to defend Asuelu a little here.  Financially supporting children, is NOT universally a given.  What about Leida's ex not contributing for Alless?  It's normal for us here in the US, but even then look at how many parents need court orders to do "the right thing".  

If Kalani didn't ask, especially since they seemed to be very on again/off again, I'm not surprised that it didn't occur to him to offer.

But I think that even deadbeat parents the United States know what the right thing is, they just choose not to do it.

As for cultural norms, I find it hard to believe that a culture would expect you to support your parents but not the children you brought into the world.

As for alless, someone hypothesized (and it's all conjecture) that leida's ex husband may have been a beard who married her because the father of her child wasn't fabulous enough or wasn't interested.  

There is no shortage of men anywhere in the world who will sleep with a woman and refuse to take any responsibility.

It's totally a theory, so I am in no way saying it's gospel truth, but it explains a lot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

For someone to be a womanizer, don’t actual women need to be involved? If he had available women he wouldn’t be hitting up potential brides overseas. He does look better, I’m impressed he got rid of that dent but he still looks older than 40. He needs to work on that meth mouth next. 

Ashely should start a gofundme for a vibrater if she’s so hungry for the D. Heck, I’ll buy her one outright if she kicks jay to the curb.  But in one scene she’s was balking at how much sex Jay wants.  Is she really only 30 and has a 17 year old?  A lifetime of bad judgement. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't had a chance to watch the tell-all yet but I have been reading all the hype about it.  It occurred to me that when the public rakes any of these cast members over the coals their defense is always something along the lines of "don't believe everything you see on TV/reality TV isn't really reality/you don't get the full picture from 4 minutes of edited footage."  So how come when a roomful of these pseudo reality "stars" get together - who presumably know all about the wonky editing and smoke and mirrors of "reality" TV - that logic doesn't apply to their "costars" and they proceed to trash each other based on "4 minutes of edited footage?"

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

And, actually this is Steven second Go Fund Me.  The one I saw on Reddit he was begging for money to go visit Olga in Russia.  I guess he pocketed that money.  I would not be surprised if he waited for filming to start  and the show paid for his stay in Russia.  After all that was the bulk of their storyline. 

According to https://rapidvisa.com/k1-visa-requirements/  Steven has to have an income of at least $16,460. to bring Olga to MD on a k-1 visa (amount apparently differs by state), and if you don't have that income, assets can be used to make up part of the deficit--but that was a complicated formula that I didn't care enough about to pursue.  So while it's nice that Steven doesn't need a co-sponsor for Olga, earning $16,460 a year, while commendable for a young man who apparently never earned that much in his life, shouldn't be out of the question for anyone who is planning to support a family.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, not you again said:

Well in my opinion, the only reason he didn't go from trying to leave the country with the baby to actually leaving the country with the baby is he found out at the embassy that he wouldn't be allowed to do so.

He appeared to have every intention of doing so, and as a PP said Olga's very obvious relief when he told her she could keep the baby (just typing that gets my hackles up) it seems this was not made-up drama in Olga's mind.

A baby was born to two parents, both of whom obviously wanted to be with their son.  Since the parents live in different countries, conversations were had about where the baby should live.  Sometimes parents don't have these conversations, because often and unfortunately a father will not want to be raising a baby alone in a country without its mother

I still give Steven a lot of credit for wanting to be a part of his child's life with such fervor, and even moreso for his yield when he realized he couldn't/shouldn't be the baby's sole guardian during the visa wait.

Steven never "tried to leave the country with the baby" or "gave Olga permission to keep her baby." 
Right before he proposed to her, he:

  • surrendered his position in the disagreement about where Richie should live
  • said she should really keep Richie for now until she gets her visa because a baby needs his mom
  • said he'd been thinking about it a lot and that he knows it's the right thing to do 
  • said that he felt like an ass for trying to convince her otherwise and admitted his mistake.

Her relief at that moment.. most likely due to the fact that this ongoing conversation was over and the decision was made and mutual. 

And now the two of them look happier than pigs in shit. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I'm sorry but this simply is not true. When I lived in Southern Africa region nearly all the households were female-headed and men went around impregnating women and being proud & loud about their abilty to get a woman pregnant but it was totally not expected that they would step up and actually be a parent, let alone give anything monetary to raise said child(ren), and most didn't. In fact, most kids I knew didn't know who their fathers were. Sure preachers preached 'family values' of a two parent home but those were/are 'Christian' values and didn't take into account the current social norms. Not saying I approved of that, but that's how it was. In other regions of Africa at that time, men were responsible fathers, just not in the region I was in. So no, it's not everywhere.

What specific culture was this?

I know there are deadbeats everywhere. And more than typical in impoverished areas. But no expectation at all?

Edited by eatsleep
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

For someone to be a womanizer, don’t actual women need to be involved? If he had available women he wouldn’t be hitting up potential brides overseas. He does look better, I’m impressed he got rid of that dent but he still looks older than 40. He needs to work on that meth mouth next. 

Ashely should start a gofundme for a vibrater if she’s so hungry for the D. Heck, I’ll buy her one outright if she kicks jay to the curb.  But in one scene she’s was balking at how much sex Jay wants.  Is she really only 30 and has a 17 year old?  A lifetime of bad judgement. 

Her 17 year old must be mortified.  Her child is closer to Jay's age than Ashley!  So gross, so weird, and I sure hope she isn't a local 17 year old on tinder.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

... but he didn't, because he's a shitbag deadbeat who thinks money and diapers grow on trees in Oliver's mother's big country and Kalani didn't ask because she probably knows Asuelu has two settings:  Uncontrollable Tears and Finger Guns.  

I laughed so hard my abs hurt.  Part of it is from the workout session I did yesterday.  I blame you for this excruciating pain.

33 minutes ago, Mothra said:

According to https://rapidvisa.com/k1-visa-requirements/  Steven has to have an income of at least $16,460. to bring Olga to MD on a k-1 visa (amount apparently differs by state), and if you don't have that income, assets can be used to make up part of the deficit--but that was a complicated formula that I didn't care enough about to pursue.  So while it's nice that Steven doesn't need a co-sponsor for Olga, earning $16,460 a year, while commendable for a young man who apparently never earned that much in his life, shouldn't be out of the question for anyone who is planning to support a family.

Enter.....Nicole.....Exit....Money for a "hair accessories shop."  

Also exit....brains, common sense, and a vacuum cleaner with a French fry attachment.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, not you again said:

Well in my opinion, the only reason he didn't go from trying to leave the country with the baby to actually leaving the country with the baby is he found out at the embassy that he wouldn't be allowed to do so.

He appeared to have every intention of doing so, and as a PP said Olga's very obvious relief when he told her she could keep the baby (just typing that gets my hackles up) it seems this was not made-up drama in Olga's mind.

I think it was real, too. When Steven talked about taking the baby, Olga shed real tears and they flowed freely.  It was very much a scream-at-the-television moment!

Steven seemed to think nothing of ripping a newborn from his mother's arms.

As I see it, viewers have always been a little skeptical of fake story lines, but we really lost our trust after some bonehead at TLC made the decision to hire Ricky and then protect his fake story line (that he incorporated his daughter into... as in teach your kid to be a con.) According to TLC, Ol' Ricky decided that he wasn't ready to date because he needed to attend to his daughter and teach her more cons.  That was very insulting to us as an audience. They should have called him out on his sh*t on camera because THAT'S television!

Just glad I don't have to watch Ricky get that smarmy fake sad look on his face every time he got caught hurting a woman. You could just see that slow wheel turning in that dim bulb of a head of his as he was thinking, "Uh oh. Woman mad. Time to look sad now. Cameras on me. Yaay!"

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

His boobs are bigger than I thought.  He totally gives me the creeps and it has nothing to do with his moobs.

Oh my goodness.  Really. Is he taking estrogen or something? Wow.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2019 at 1:30 AM, Hannah94 said:

I just watched the first season (for the first time). I am now watching the second season. I know this is way late to the game, but I couldn't find a thread to discuss this. Is this a joke? The 40 something year old woman with three teenagers dating the 20 something year old in another country...she seems to be 100% mentally handicapped. Wasn't sure if anyone here watched the first or second season. I am scared.

No - this is not a joke. Well - it kinda is given the hours of amusement it provides for us viewing public. 

You sound just like my sister - who is now addicted (she started watching with me last summer while we were at my family’s vacation house). She knew nothing about the Tell All (thought last week was finale) and called me today with glee in her voice when it popped up on her DVR. She thinks it must be staged. I told her she underestimates how many Americans are willing to humiliate themselves for a chance to get on TV. It’s pathetic for them, but great for us! You must check out Nicole and Azan. Danielle and Mohammed 2.0. I’m explaining On Demand to my sister so she can catch up.

Oh - and don’t miss Love After Lockup. IMO - it may even be better.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

No - this is not a joke. Well - it kinda is given the hours of amusement it provides for us viewing public. 

You sound just like my sister - who is now addicted (she started watching with me last summer while we were at my family’s vacation house). She knew nothing about the Tell All (thought last week was finale) and called me today with glee in her voice when it popped up on her DVR. She thinks it must be staged. I told her she underestimates how many Americans are willing to humiliate themselves for a chance to get on TV. It’s pathetic for them, but great for us! You must check out Nicole and Azan. Danielle and Mohammed 2.0. I’m explaining On Demand to my sister so she can catch up.

Oh - and don’t miss Love After Lockup. IMO - it may even be better.

I am already addicted to the dumpster fire known as LAL, lol. That is how I ended up hearing about 90 DF. The first season had normal couples and was kinda sweet. Then I see Danielle's episode and it is a golden heap of glorious trash!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This is getting really ridiculous!  I am responding to this comment because it is the most recent but many people here have said that he was trying to leave the country with the baby.  Yes, he did say that he thought he should take the baby to America but he NEVER tried to take the baby without Olga knowing.  No matter what you think of his plan - what we SAW was a PARENT discussing custody of a child with the OTHER PARENT!   And again, no matter what anyone thinks about his qualifications to parent or what is the best situation for a newborn it is up to his parents to decide what THEY want to do.  Painting him as some sort of international child smuggler/kidnapper is really jumping to conclusions. 

Whether or not he was committed to Olga is a separate question.  He should have been up front about her visa but even if they decide they do not want a relationship with each other he still has rights to see his child and they would still have needed to come to some sort of custody agreement.  You can't just say you THINK he will be abusive in the future and therefore he should have no right to ever see his child again!

I agree with both of your points and I can actually understand his reason for not applying for her visa, it would be 

him sponsoring her so of course he should be cautious about it, he just should have been upfront with her about it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

I like dumpster fire TV, is this show also.on TLC?

It’s on WE (wannabe TLC). Get on it. See Golden Heap of Glorious Trash. I’ll be using that fabulous little nugget in the future. Thanks Hannah!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is she really only 30 and has a 17 year old?

Ashley's daughter is 11 and her son is 9. She wasn't a mother at 13

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I just saw a TLC update that Kalani had to take a break from the Tell All every two hours to breastfeed her child. Hasn't she ever heard of bottling her milk so that her sister could feed Oliver back stage instead of holding up the entire production? #HighMaintenance

Now, I've got two kids and another on the way so I understand that they gotta eat, but did anyone else find it strange that she would just whip one out on international television? She didn't have a little burp cloth or anything to put over that thing?

Of course, she was standing there fully exposed on a cold day in front of the Statue of Liberty so knowing how confrontational she is, I figured she must have something to prove.

Nothing wrong with a woman breastfeeding in public. She sure isn't shy though.

Also noticed Jay giving her sly looks... probably wondering if she was on Tinder?

I can’t believe her sister hasn’t taken fatherhood so seriously that she became the first dad to lactate.  

Why can’t they just consider her an aunt and not a “ dad” to Oliver. In most cases when the dad is absent, a grandfather or uncle steps in as the male figure, never heard of an aunt taking that role. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

LAL is on WE tv, I believe. It is truly amazing.

This is not available in Canada............."its not fair" to quote Rachel-finger-tears

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2019 at 2:25 AM, Eagle Woman said:

If you hadnt of been so unkind to Larissa, she might have given you some makeup tips, she is a natural beauty.

You mean the Larissa with the dead tooth, and the bad skin?  Yeah, I don't see any natural beauty.  She gross.  Inside and out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×