saoirse

The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within is an upcoming American drama television series that is set to premiere on February 25, 2019, on NBC. The Enemy Within follows "Erica Shepherd, a brilliant former CIA operative, now known as the most notorious traitor in American history and serving life in a supermax prison. Against every fiber of his being but with nowhere else to turn, FBI Agent Will Keaton enlists Shepherd to help track down a fiercely dangerous and elusive criminal she knows all too well. For Keaton, it’s not easy to trust the woman who cost him so much. While Shepherd and Keaton have different motivations for bringing the enemy to justice, they both know that to catch a spy: They must think like one."

Cast:

Main

• Jennifer Carpenter as Erica Shepherd
  • Morris Chestnut as Will Keaton
  • Raza Jaffrey as Ali Ziai
  • Cassandra Freeman as Jaqueline Pettigrew
  • Kelli Garner as Kate Ryan
  • Noah Mills as Jason Bragg

Recurring

• Coral Peña as Anna Cruz
  • Robert Gossett as Thomas Heffron

NBC released the official trailer today (from Deadline);

Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter) and Morris Chestnut (Rosewood, Goliath) star in the character-based psychological thriller which features Carpenter as Erica Shepherd, a brilliant former CIA operative now known as one of the most notorious traitors in recent American history, who is serving life in a Supermax prison. Against every fiber of his being, but with nowhere else to turn, FBI agent Will Keaton (Morris Chestnut) enlists Shepherd to help track down a fiercely dangerous and elusive criminal she knows all too well. While Shepherd and Keaton have different motivations for bringing the enemy to justice, they both know that to catch a spy… they must think like one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, missbonnie said:

This looks very good to me. 

It looks good to me too, but I want to see the pilot to figure out the whole story behind the lead's treason/arrest. It seems kind of hard to believe that a woman coerced into revealing information because her daughter was being threatened could be named the country's greatest traitor. I get she'd be blamed for their deaths, but wouldn't people also go easy on her because of the circumstances? There's got to be more that happened.