aquarian1

The New Adventures of Old Christine

2006-2010

"Old Christine" (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) is a divorced mom who has a handle on her career and motherhood -- and a pretty good relationship with her ex-husband -- until he introduces his new girlfriend, a younger woman, also named Christine. Old Christine lives with her son and her brother, and runs a gym, and her life is a constant struggle to keep up with everyone else.

Thank you for starting this thread!

This my favorite comedy. It makes me laugh out loud! Maybe it’s because the references and slang she uses (“Face!”) are of my era. JLD is perfection, but so is the rest of the cast, especially Hamish Linklatter and Clark Gregg. I missed it the first time around, but now watch it regularly in reruns. 

I hope this forum gets more comments :-)

• Like 2

I've been doing a slow rewatch, I just finished season 3. I love Wanda Sykes on this show. But everyone is very good.

• Like 2

Wanda Sykes is great! Honestly, even the “minor” characters are so well written and cast. The “meanie moms” make me LOL. I also am continually impressed by the guest stars: Blair Underwood, Eric McCormack, Scott Bakula, Dave Foley, Amy Sedaris, Megan Mulalley, Jeffrey Tambor, Sandra Bernhard... I’m sure I’m forgetting some. 

Edited by 7isBlue
  • Like 2

I love this show!!! Only watched it in reruns and find it so funny!! Weird how I didn't like Julia in Seinfield but absolutely love her as Christine!!! Wish more would comment on this thread!!

Edited by Miranda
  • Like 2

I don't think it's on syndication anywhere, so it tends to disappear. It is in my rewatch library though! I like all of the main characters, the meanie moms, everything just clicks.

I like JLD in everything she does, but Veep I bailed somewhere in s. 4 or 5 bc I didn't like the story overall.

ETA I wil probably be doing a rewatch of S.4 of Christine in a month or so, I can post if anyone is interested in watching or commenting along.

Edited by cleo

The first time I watched was in syndication, but I can't remember what channel. It seems to be available quite often, though in the wee hours of night. For a while I was a raving insomniac and would catch it at 3 am or whatever.

Yes, it's on TVLand at some crazy hour, but not every day.  Looks like 2:16am CST on TVLand tomorrow/tonight.  

I watch it on TVLND. It is on middle of the nite but I keep weird hours..lol Also there is a mini marathon of them on Sunday mornings. The one episode I found weird was qhen Christine had to break up with yummy Mr.Harris because she was too busy to have time for him. Like seriously...she has three other people helping take care of Richie and barely works!!! She never was too busy for her other boyfriends!

• Like 1

I see...I don't think we get TV land in Canada, at least I'm not aware if we do.