Aethera

Sharp Objects

So, I finished the series just as the New Year hits and.....I'm really not impressed.

I see all of this praise over the series online and I'm just....not really getting it? I just thought the series was boring for most of it and I suspected that the show may not end well. And....for me, it really didn't end well. It was a pretty shitty ending. And no show, I am not impressed with the "twist" ending. Are you wanting to be a mini-series or are you aiming for a second season? Because I got no explanation as to why Amma decided to kill those girls. Ok, I guess the interpretation is that she was...jealous of them, angry at her mother, and took it out on them? But we don't really get anything. Didn't we also get a last minute throwaway line about how Adora adored Natalie and Ann? Despite not having any information before the final episode about that, it just....came out of nowhere. It didn't feel like this show knew what it wanted to be. Did it want to be a murder mystery or did it want to be a character study about a messed up family in a messed up small town? 

I'm just...really, really annoyed. 

I loved Amy Adams and found most of the acting decent, but not many stood out. Patricia Clarkson was great, though. She stood out more than Eliza Scanlen to me. But yeah....I'm disappointed in the series and just...found the finale to be fairly frustrating to watch, even with the decent acting and the overall decent character progression for Camille. 

This series probably would have worked better as a movie, if they really didn't know what to do for six out of eight episodes. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to Patricia Clarkson for winning a Golden Globe!

Best Supporting Actress, Television
Patricia Clarkson, "Sharp Objects"

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Sharp Objects won two Critics' Choice Awards!

Best Actress in a Movie/Limited Series:
Amy Adams as Camille Preaker (TIE)
Patricia Arquette – Escape at Dannemora as Tilly Mitchell

Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Limited Series
Patricia Clarkson as Adora Crellin

• Like 1