Jump to content
aquarian1

Season 9: Hello Abbie!

Recommended Posts

I'm surprised it wasn't written for Abbie to say that to the father. If she can get under the serial killer's skin in "Agony," she definitely would've gotten under the arrogant father's. If Jamie was still on the show, I think she would've been the one to gotoe to toe against him and even work for his ex wife to make sure his parents didn't get his daughter and to make sure he served the maxed sentence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arcadiasw said:

I'm surprised it wasn't written for Abbie to say that to the father. If she can get under the serial killer's skin in "Agony," she definitely would've gotten under the arrogant father's. If Jamie was still on the show, I think she would've been the one to gotoe to toe against him and even work for his ex wife to make sure his parents didn't get his daughter and to make sure he served the maxed sentence.

 

Yep. Remember in "Ritual" how Jamie went to Family Court to get Allison a Guardian Ad Litem, or rather, was the Guardian Ad Litem, so that her mother wouldn't get custody, because her maternal Grandmother would make sure that she'd get that horrible, horrible "circumcision" done to her. And that her paternal grandparents were trying to get custody.  And she had to deal with that asshole of a judge, to boot. Fortunately, the father made a plea deal, with the condition that his parents would retain custody, and that mom would have supervised visits.  I remember Jamie saying that the defense wouldn't have "far to go" to convince her of the extenuating circumstances.  And even Jack knew his summation was shit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

 

Yep. Remember in "Ritual" how Jamie went to Family Court to get Allison a Guardian Ad Litem, or rather, was the Guardian Ad Litem, so that her mother wouldn't get custody, because her maternal Grandmother would make sure that she'd get that horrible, horrible "circumcision" done to her. And that her paternal grandparents were trying to get custody.  And she had to deal with that asshole of a judge, to boot. Fortunately, the father made a plea deal, with the condition that his parents would retain custody, and that mom would have supervised visits.  I remember Jamie saying that the defense wouldn't have "far to go" to convince her of the extenuating circumstances.  And even Jack knew his summation was shit.

I cringe every time I watch that episode. During the scene where the circumcision  is described, I have to put the TV on mute. It's so sad this actually happens in certain parts of the world.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So Cherished is on Sundance right now, and for shits and giggles I checked IMDB and found out that Spencer Breslin, who played Nicholas Waring, was only six at the time the episode first aired. I thought he had to have been pretty young because he was so baby faced, and it makes Nicholas even scarier since he was supposed to be about the same age. I can't imagine what those adoptive parents thought they'd do once he got older, since at the end of the ep Abbie was telling Jack they'd petitioned the court to regain custody of him.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm watching Scrambled, the episode about the murdered fertility clinic employee. My word, someone needs to punch Rey in the face in this one. Repeatedly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I'm watching Scrambled, the episode about the murdered fertility clinic employee. My word, someone needs to punch Rey in the face in this one. Repeatedly.

Starting with Van Buren, then Lennie, then... (Think the sequence in "Airplane!")

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I'm watching Scrambled, the episode about the murdered fertility clinic employee. My word, someone needs to punch Rey in the face in this one. Repeatedly.

You would think that, given Rey's feelings about Debra's illness, he would be a little less glib about "nobody gets promised a happy ending" or whatever it was he said. Van Buren's "Excuse me?" (with a neck roll implied) makes me think she was thisclose to throwing something at his head. He makes up for it a little in Refuge with his sympathy for the young witness, but yeah. Shut up, Rey.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Also, thanks to the new format thing on WE, they have little trivia tidbits before the commercial breaks during the L & O mini marathons, and I found out that Vanessa Williams auditioned for the part of Abbie Carmichael before Angie Harmon did. Learn something new every day.l

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like the little quizzes.  I never knew what Jack's full name was!  I can't imagine Vanessa Williams in the role.  Maybe if she channeled some of Wilhemena Slater...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/17/2016 at 5:27 PM, roseslg said:

I can't imagine Vanessa Williams in the role (as Abbie).  Maybe if she channeled some of Wilhemena Slater...

Seconded. Angie Harmon isn't the most talented actress ever, but I thought she killed it more often than not in this role.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Watching “Scrambled” this morning. Rey was a prick in this episode. I remember him pissing off Van Buren about her sister’s fertility struggles. I forgot Rey went after Lennie when he was only trying to make a counter argument. Rey went on and on how he doesn’t support scientists experimenting with embryos and fetus. A lot of people are like this but there’s a time and place for it and it’s not work. Lennie was focusing on their case except Rey wouldn’t shut up so Lennie fairly asked if he would use stem cells to cure his wife’s MS. Rey wouldn’t but when Lennie asked if Deborah would, Rey asked Lennie if knew his dead daughter had frozen her embryos’ would he use it to give himself a grandkid.

 

That was WAY below the line. Unlike Lennie’s child, at this time, Deborah is still alive. It’s just so offensive and it’s still raw for Lennie who lost his child less than a year ago. I don’t see Lennie using a recently dead relative of Rey’s to argue his point. I think he has a little more class than that.

 

It’s another example how Ed was more likable and respectful to Lennie than Rey. Can’t recall which episode but Ed made a comment about kids, drugs and their parents. He realized his misstep and apologized to Lennie. Rey goes over the line, doesn’t see his misstep and doesn’t apologize. I tolerate Rey more than others here but there times I’m glad he's gone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
×