Jump to content
CuriousParker

The Pioneer Woman

Recommended Posts

Hellooooo! Anybody home? This topic seems to have been abandoned. I don't watch the show but I've always enjoyed the snark.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Hellooooo! Anybody home? This topic seems to have been abandoned. I don't watch the show but I've always enjoyed the snark.

Have there even been any new shows?  Or maybe it's just the different versions of the same awful recipes.

I think people may be having difficulty finding this because of the PTV reorg.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

According to the ratings ny1221 posts in Network topics, there was a new show week of Feb 4-10. Maybe folks don't know how to find it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Have there even been any new shows?  Or maybe it's just the different versions of the same awful recipes.

I think people may be having difficulty finding this because of the PTV reorg.

I agree that the reorg has made it harder to find.  Especially since the only shows that show up under the heading "Lifestyle Reality" are home shows.  I wouldn't automatically think to look here for The Pioneer Woman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The was a glitch when the new board opened up last week. PW didn't show up anywhere.  It also didn't carry over to the customized home page if you had saved it as "followed content." I wrote to Silver Stormm and it was fixed immediately! I read the notice about the short downtime for maintenance that occurred yesterday ??? David said that was the problem they were going to fix -- shows not appearing or carrying over.

I think the problem is two-fold. Some people might have just given up in the interim during the board reformatting. Also, I don't think Ree has m/any new shows. There was a new one last week about chocolate, but it was stuff she's already made before, with a tweak or two. Most of the show was Ree driving around babbing and foisting off her gifts of mediocre chocolate treats to the usuals (pastor, random girlfriend, ranchers, etc.) Honestly, I ff-ed through those parts. Also, there are tons of recipes for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies with brown butter out there, which I am sure are far superior to Ree's 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Well, we're behind in Canada in terms of PW shows, so those breakfast burritos were new to me. Also dead to me, because I don't think I'd eat anything that looks like cat yack.  

And I'm always amazed about how little Ree knows about food.  She never discusses deglazing the pan, she doesn't know any adjective other than "flavorful" to describe her food, and I think her palate is deadened from all those gratuitous chilis.  If not for the snark value, there would be no point in watching.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, IOU Payne said:

Well, we're behind in Canada in terms of PW shows, so those breakfast burritos were new to me. Also dead to me, because I don't think I'd eat anything that looks like cat yack.  

And I'm always amazed about how little Ree knows about food.  She never discusses deglazing the pan, she doesn't know any adjective other than "flavorful" to describe her food, and I think her palate is deadened from all those gratuitous chilis.  If not for the snark value, there would be no point in watching.

I don't watch it anymore because they moved her time slot around here. I liked to watch it with my DH because we would snark all over it. Now it's on during the day and in the words of Jerry Seinfeld "Who am I gonna make sarcastic remarks to, strangers? "

Share this post


Link to post

Ree's show is just a rehash now. And as unhealthy as Paula Deen's was. I could care less about her kids or watching her drive around, or Ladd or her friends.

She most certainly is not an Ina or a Martha.

Seems as if, imo, not even snark worthy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The show I saw this weekend said NEW, but who knows. 

It was Ree making a selection of dips/snacks for the women who work in the Mercantile office as Ree's office staff - they do the social media and marketing stuff.  This was her 'thank you' to them for setting the space up with decor, etc.  We were introduced to them and then we see Ree making stuff like Crab Rangoon dip, a dip with bacon (of course), Mediterranean style guacamole and a strawberry Bellini.  Like others have said, this show is basically DOA.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2019 at 3:08 PM, chessiegal said:

Hellooooo! Anybody home? This topic seems to have been abandoned. I don't watch the show but I've always enjoyed the snark.

And then the murders began...

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I saw yesterday's show. The "Greek" guacamole made my stomach churn.  W-a-a-y too many strong flavors going on there. I was also surprised that there was nothing sweet to snack on.

What slayed me was the spatial planning. How can six (or was it five?) women all sit at one large communal work table and expect to get anything done? Plus, two of them were customer service reps, which meant they'd be on the phone all the time. Trust me, if they started out friends ... that's not going to last long.

The decor was like a "Trading Spaces" reject. On half of one wall was a collection of ceramic cow heads in various colors. On the other half of the wall was a collection of identical stylized longhorn heads, all in white, with gold-ish horns. 

Also, the girl who was "Ree's assistant" definitely has a "queen bee" demeanor about her. I predict heavy turnover in that office. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed the decor of the staff office and those cow skulls and steer heads did set off my tacky meter but what else should I expect from Ree and company. 

Another thing I noticed is colorful logos that are shown before/after the commercial breaks - it's the word "Pioneer Woman" in bright pink against a tan background and a silhouette of a butterfly.  This change may have been around a while but I just noticed them this last show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I haven’t watched PW lately because I’m usually asleep or at work when she comes on Saturday and Sunday AM. Plus, the past several episodes I have seen were just clip shows and there will be four back-to-back clip show episodes that use the same damn clips. Is there nobody that sits Ree down and show her how they’re airing her show and say that it’s not a good look to have the evidence of repetitiveness smashing into people’s faces?

Because cooking shows are generally a disappointment and Create TV doesn’t show as much as they used to, I’ve taken to YouTube. These are a few of my favorite cooking YT channels:

Almazan Kitchen - Outdoor Cooking ASMR

Cooking Tree - Korean Baking ASMR

Taste Show - Authentic Chinese Cooking

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 6:43 PM, patty1h said:

it's the word "Pioneer Woman" in bright pink against a tan background and a silhouette of a butterfly. 

That sounds like her branding for Walmart!

So glad I found y'all again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:18 AM, debbie m said:

Way back when on  Television without Pity, Giada's forum was called "In the kitchen with little big head"  😄

In the UK we seem to be getting a sudden spurt of Gaida's shows at the mo.  I've no idea who she is in "real life" but do think she cooks Real, Proper Food rather than chucking in a buncha stuff for the sake of it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Mandolia said:

In the UK we seem to be getting a sudden spurt of Gaida's shows at the mo.  I've no idea who she is in "real life" but do think she cooks Real, Proper Food rather than chucking in a buncha stuff for the sake of it.  

Giada graduated from Culinary School, Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Her mother Veronica was an actress. Her grandfather Dino is a well known film producer. After graduating, she started a catering business and was working as a private chef when approached by FN to do a show.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Giada graduated from Culinary School, Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Her mother Veronica was an actress. Her grandfather Dino is a well known film producer. After graduating, she started a catering business and was working as a private chef when approached by FN to do a show.

Thanks so much for the background info.  Explains a lot, i.e. how what she creates isn't a mishmash of ingredients!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Mandolia said:

Thanks so much for the background info.  Explains a lot, i.e. how what she creates isn't a mishmash of ingredients!!

You're welcome. She grew up mingling with the rich and famous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I now call her "Little Aging Sexpot." I don't know if you watch "Food Network Star," but Giada's massive mouthful of teeth and her provocative clothes get more snark than the actual contestants in the FNS PTV thread.

Last night, on "Winner Take Cake," Giada was wearing a skin-tight leopard print dress with her boobs spilling out and a massive slit in the skirt up the left side. I wondered who she was all dolled up for and the guest was Michael Symon.  She looked ridiculous with giant cleavage and the dress had some type of ruching through the middle that made it look like she had a little pot belly. Was OTT for that type of show.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

... Giada's massive mouthful of teeth...

Her giant head and shark's teeth smile have always made her totally unwatchable for me.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×