8dallas

The Points Girls - Rank List

Hmm, now I kind of want to change my voted. I voted for my second favorite (Kashara) because I assumed Nicole would win by a mile. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I Mean who else is there 

dcc_09nicoleh1.gif

The one I voted for..Whitney :)  Least favorite point...Kashara by a mile.

• Like 3

I voted for Mia. 

Nicole is...duh. Ultimate point. This is something we ALL know. It's just unfair to include anyone else ;-)

But I just loved how fun Mia was. She always made me want to look at her.

• Like 7

See I don’t remember Nicole as point per se.  Don’t know why, but I don’t.  So I voted Mia.  BUT that GIF makes me go DAMN!  So I vote both!

• Like 3

If we could vote on your favorite triangle, I would say Jenn A, Holly H, and Jacie. However, Holly at point is not a favorite of mine. 

• Like 2

Nicole Hamilton got my vote by just an millimeter....KaShara is my second fave and is, by far, the only other point to ever come close to Nicole and she is so damn close they really could have tied !!! :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Like 3

First, Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll for your favorite DCC Point Girl. It was interesting to see the comments and memories you had of the 8 DCCs that were on the list.

On another note, I was hoping for more votes, but I think the timing for these types of polls are better when the show is on so we get more movement and activity. Lesson learned hahah. So you may seem something like this come up next summer hahah.

As I list the girls based off your votes I will also add my personal opinion on each.

-

So here we go. Out of 47 Votes 

In Last place we had a Three way tie which showed a  4.26% of votes going to each of these poll noms.......

The girls that took 8th-6th place went to 

8th-6th. Megan Fox  - I think she is low on this list do to her time on the squad. Many probably don't know or remember her do to the timing she was on the show as well. 2007 being her her last year...... I believe she was a strong leader and a strong point. Its unfortunate to see her only get a couple of votes, but she isn't really a name you see swirling around that much anymore.

0fce86f63fb2eb99ac016ed8b76fa507--dallas

8th-6th. Crystal Trevino - Now Im going to be biased here, but I never really liked the Trevinos..Messy I know, but I did think Crystal was a power house dancer. I think though as a point she wasn't memorable at least to my knowledge. I didn't even know she was a point girl until someone brought it up and I had to search and find videos where she was. However, I think she had the unlucky timing of becoming a point  after Nicole Hamilton and Before Whitney Isleib, both of whom went on to the notoriety in the 5 timers club DCC universe haha. I also think she was only a point girl for a year as well which also could have been a reason for a lack of votes coming her way. 

dcc_crystaltrevino.jpg

And

8th-6th. Jennifer Amburn - She isn't well liked right now, based off the forum and she also wasn't everyones first choice when she became a Point Girl/Pro Bowl. I think we all know had Jacie Scott stayed a 5th year that would have been her spot. Jennifer also, didn't seem like a memorable DCC until she popped up in the triangle her 3rd year, now to give her some props the girl can dance yes, but she wasn't all that fun to watch. I think if you sum up everything that I kind of spoke on, but not elaborated to the extent of shade I can understand the reason for her placement in this poll.

image.png.0849b03b8279213ab7efcd4bb06fa45e.png

In the 5th Place Position with a 6.38% of votes we had the lone

5th. Whitney Isleib - Now, if I were to be real. Back then I thought she was the stuff. She was that blonde DCC that I always remembered being front in center for a good couple of seasons. Now, though If we dismiss her dunce moment of being a dunce we all know what Im talking about and I dont want to bring that into this discussion, even I kind of did hahah. To look back at her rookie season I would have never thought her to become Point Girl or GL looking back I never really remembered her until she became Cassandra Trammell's Pet Friend. She did however hopefully growup and she did look great her 5th and Final Season. She will always be remembered as "little wayne" though...so that probably also hurt her position in this poll.

6d7ab044568c14aac83d7dbbfeb1fc75.jpg

Coming in 4th-3rd Place with a 12.77% of votes we had a tie

4th-3rd. Mia Greenhouse - Now for me Mia really was that Girl, That HB for me. Its crazy to think that skinny twig teen turned into a huge face for the DCCs over her 5 year stint. She went on to be a powerhouse dancer and deserved more than she got as her time..Pro Bowl anyone. I mean how do you  not have her in the triangle her by her 3rd season she dominated! She was Point for just a year shame! I think she is in a good spot on this poll for now for what she did and her relevancy in the world of DCC

161969_orig.jpg

and 

4th-3rd Holly Hubbard - Now The total opposite, Ive seen all these girls in person besides Megan Fox and I can say Holly Is a living Doll. However other that.....zzzZZzzz. She was a point girl for 2 years where I think she did well, but she just went through the motions. She was a great dancer but never gave me that extra something that Mia had. Also, I made a statement that I know Jacie was supposed to be point the year Holly was in her first year as point and now I have the proof!! So something happened for them to demote Jacie and place Holly in the top spot. Thats the tea.

CeaRGz9UIAEaKPo.jpg

Now in Second Place with a 25.53% of the votes K&J's Fave

2nd - Kashara Garrett - Now I know that she is def either liked or not. I mean she was put into a position because the coaches could trust her after losing trust in a 6th year vet who wanted to break rules smh Jenna.. I liked Kashara when she was a rookie and all the way through to her 3rd season where the drama for point came up. I mean I don't think it is her fault for all that she gets being a DCC. We all know they play favorites. I think Kashara will be remembered for the girl who got an opp because a super vet forgot to act "correct". Kashara never has been the best dancer and imo not the best point. I believe Mia, Megan, Crystal, Whitney could all be above her, but its all about the present and I am not shocked by this vote percentage she received. 

165b88b42f83ff23f373394cb3b9f34b.jpg

Lastly and never the Least the winner with a 29.70% goes to 

1st - Nicole Hamilton - I mean I have spoken on relevancy Alot in this post, but for a DCC that left in 2009? Almost ten years that is pretty major for her to win out. However, Nicole will always be that DCC that I will bring to my Fantasy squad and to have her dance all alone and she could be the squad by herself ahah. Im glad that she is in this spot she deserves it and will always be the Top Point Girl IMO. She is the dancer I always measure GL and Points too and I know thats like having taylor swift vocals go against Whitney Houston's but I like the show stoppers not the WinkFloppers. 

30567ee56a93c4011765d9b45d80e0c7.jpg

Edited by 8dallas
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I was hoping for more votes, but I think the timing for these types of polls are better when the show is on so we get more movement and activity. Lesson learned hahah. So you may seem something like this come up next summer hahah.

Well, on one hand this gives us something to talk about when the show isn't on, but on the other, we don't have the traffic now :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Did we do a poll for next season? If we did, who won?

No, good Idea though. I will create one after people retire though. So we know the choices

• Like 1

Was there ever a time Jacie split point with Holly?  I remember a video from a Halloween halftime show (the one that did a close-up of Breelan with her deer in the headlights look) where Jacie was point.  Was that just a one-time thing?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Thanks for doing this. Love Nicole!!!

Jacie should have been point. She was a Dynamo and gorgeous.

Aww You are welcome! Nicole is the Top. I know Jacie is my fave of this last gen..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was there ever a time Jacie split point with Holly?  I remember a video from a Halloween halftime show (the one that did a close-up of Breelan with her deer in the headlights look) where Jacie was point.  Was that just a one-time thing?

Hahaha Yas, I remember that Game! haha I saw on the Jumbo Screen Breelan and all I heard was K&J's internal screams hahah in my head. I think Jacie was point during preseason and she got dropped to second line her and emma were the triangle points..I always wondered why. I was so happy to see Jacie at Point when I did see her

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I tried to edit my original comment but cannot...here is the video of that halftime performance...

This Squad was a good one too! It was the year after Mia/Jackie left right?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Pretty sure they tested Jacie and Holly pre season, even did a preseason game with both at point, like they did with crystal/Whitney a time or two, but ended up with Holly at point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I tried to edit my original comment but cannot...here is the video of that halftime performance...

They switch sometimes for special shows. Lauren Williams was up front for Halloween one time and Sarah G was up there once for the pink polka dot BCA dress routine.

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Pretty sure they tested Jacie and Holly pre season, even did a preseason game with both at point, like they did with crystal/Whitney a time or two, but ended up with Holly at point. 

Yes. This. Jacie never did Thunderstruck point and they did have both for a hot minute though. 

Come to think I actually think even Cassie had a section at lead/point in one of the first Halloween shows with the white dresses. NOt the opening, but a section in the middle.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

They switch sometimes for special shows. Lauren Williams was up front for Halloween one time and Sarah G was up there once for the pink polka dot BCA dress routine.

Yes. This. Jacie never did Thunderstruck point and they did have both for a hot minute though. 

Come to think I actually think even Cassie had a section at lead/point in one of the first Halloween shows with the white dresses. NOt the opening, but a section in the middle.

Jacie did do Thundestruck...in preseason games...Season is when Holly took over

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

OMG, I’d never seen that before. Epically awful, no wonder Breelen got cut. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Thanks for doing this. Love Nicole!!!

Jacie should have been point. She was a Dynamo and gorgeous.

I so agree!!! Nicole was the quintessential point/IT girl and face of DCC.... and Jacie should have definitely had the point position!!!

• Like 8

I always miss the polls because I rarely scroll down the list as the ads are so large they take up a large portion of the page and I forget that there are more than just two topics.. 

I wouldn't have been able to vote in this particular poll anyway because I don't remember ever noticing anyone at point other than Kashara last year and that was only due to videos people posted here on the forums. 

Even though I watched the show from the very first season, I never looked at/for anything else other than the show itself until a couple of years ago, so I never had any idea who was point.  I only remember Kashara being made point on the show.  I don't remember (but then I'm getting old so the memory is going), "point person" being named on any previous seasons., But it's entirely possible I never paid any attention to who was point because I only watched the show for the rookies.  *shrug*.

I would have needed some videos of each person at the point of the triangle to be able to provide an honest vote.

Edited by LynneH

2 hours ago, LynneH said:

I always miss the polls because I rarely scroll down the list as the ads are so large they take up a large portion of the page and I forget that there are more than just two topics.. 

I wouldn't have been able to vote in this particular poll anyway because I don't remember ever noticing anyone at point other than Kashara last year and that was only due to videos people posted here on the forums. 

Even though I watched the show from the very first season, I never looked at/for anything else other than the show itself until a couple of years ago, so I never had any idea who was point.  I only remember Kashara being made point on the show.  I don't remember (but then I'm getting old so the memory is going), "point person" being named on any previous seasons., But it's entirely possible I never paid any attention to who was point because I only watched the show for the rookies.  *shrug*.

I would have needed some videos of each person at the point of the triangle to be able to provide an honest vote.

Understood 

3 hours ago, LynneH said:

I don't know which browser you use (Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Firefox/etc.), but Google Chrome has an "extension" called AdBlock that, when installed, removes the majority of ads on webpages.  Doesn't get all of them, but I tend not to go to pages where ads sneak through AdBlock.  It even helps on Yahoo which has a LOT of ads, almost more ads then stories.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Since the show has been on the air, have yet to see anyone come close to Nicole. She just had it. 

Nope...she was the IT girl for DCC :) 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know which browser you use (Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Firefox/etc.), but Google Chrome has an "extension" called AdBlock that, when installed, removes the majority of ads on webpages.  Doesn't get all of them, but I tend not to go to pages where ads sneak through AdBlock.  It even helps on Yahoo which has a LOT of ads, almost more ads then stories.

Cool! Thanks for the tip!

34 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I'd like someone to make a list of every girl at point throughout the years. 

According to Shelly, when she was a DCC point rotated among show group members.  I'm not sure when that stopped and they had a dedicated point girl.

• Like 2