xaxat

New Game Announcements and Trailers

A whole lot of stuff was announced at the Game Awards last night. Here are the ones I'm most interested in.

The next Far Cry, New Dawn. I've never played a Far Cry, but this might be the first.

Hades. It's from Supergiant and I have loved every game they have made so far. (Pyre, Transmission and Bastion)

The Outer Worlds. From Obsidain, makers of Fallout: New Vegas. Trailer looks fun as hell.

Apparently it's now a thing (Elder Scrolls 6) to make teaser trailers for games that won't happen for years. I'm a huge fan of DA and will definitely be playing it when it releases some time in 2022.

And this trailer for Anthem seems to be screaming "Yes, it's multiplayer, but we have a real story and NPCs! Unlike Fallout 76!"

Edited by xaxat

When did adventure games come back into vogue?  I'm not complaining.

I bought the original when it was on sale last year. Never got around to playing it. I'll probably pass on this.

The newest trailer for Anthem is a combination cut scene/live action short direct by Neil Blomkamp (District Nine)

I really like the look of Anthem and The Division 2, but I am too old to be shooting it out with 14 year olds. Single player for me.

Edited by xaxat

That's pretty cool. He did the Halo shorts too. Maybe that's where his strengths lie? In live action game trailers?

Also, is there a cast list anywhere? I'm looking for one, but not finding it.