SilverStormm

Cowboy Bebop (2019)

Yeah. Cowboy Bebop is the gold standard against which all anime is judged! This is a big NOOOOO!!! Especially after what they did with Death Note. Double big NOOOOO!!! The horror. The horror.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it.  Spaceships are always welcome on my television.  The leaks about the pilot script make it sound like a pretty faithful adaptation, so basically it's going to come down to casting.  For me, that's what will make it or break it.  

Anime is not my thing though.  I was a Firefly fan, so I only watched CB because of that connection. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I'm looking forward to it.  Spaceships are always welcome on my television.  The leaks about the pilot script make it sound like a pretty faithful adaptation, so basically it's going to come down to casting.  For me, that's what will make it or break it.  

Anime is not my thing though.  I was a Firefly fan, so I only watched CB because of that connection. 

And I watched Firefly because my daughter pitched it to me as live-action Cowboy Bebop!

• Like 1

The casting for Spike alone is almost an insurmountable task by itself, especially because the martial arts demands of the role shrink the available pool.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cyberfruit said:

It's too bad the old casting for a live action Bebop never got off the ground because Keanu Reeves would have been a perfect Spike.

He really wanted the role, too. Unfortunately, he's about 55 now and a bit old for Spike. I can hardly wait to see who they pull for this version. <sarcasm/

3 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

He really wanted the role, too. Unfortunately, he's about 55 now and a bit old for Spike. I can hardly wait to see who they pull for this version. <sarcasm/

He doesn't really look it. It would have been great back in the day. Although, John Wick is a fair trade, since I'd probably have ended up being disappointed in the movie.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 10:12 AM, Valerie said:

They NEED to bring in Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts to do all the music for the soundtrack.

This is key!  The music was as much a character in the show as anyone.

While I loathe the whole idea for so many reasons, chief among them that imho no one can live up to Steven Blum's Spike, I do admit to thinking of a whole new audience being introduced to Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts as the only positive in a horrible idea.