Jump to content
Jaded

"The View": Week Of 12/3/2018

Recommended Posts

I find ancestry stuff really fascinating, especially in regards to migration patterns, diasporas, all that kind of thing. However when these representatives from these companies come onto shows like The View to hawk their products it never feels as interesting as it could be. The representative usually looks like they don't want to make waves and therefore is careful not to correct the incorrect views of DNA spouted by the hosts, if that makes sense?

For Meghan to brush off the Senegalese DNA as being something that everyone has because we all come from Africa and not be corrected is kinda weird, because I'm pretty sure that her results point to Senegalese DNA entering her family during a much more recent point of time than the dawn of humanity, but don't quote me as I'm not an expert (but I have done one of these tests and there is no African DNA in mine which there should be if we all have it for that reason). I imagine what it shows is, considering US history, that it was during the time of slavery that Senegalese DNA entered Meghan's family, and judging by what we know of those times, it probably wasn't through a love relationship, if you get me.

It was very telling that Miss All-American completely glossed over the sliver of Native American/Andean DNA found in her saliva. At that point she could've said: "See? I really am a true American!", even if just joking as it was such a small percentage, but it seems clear to me that to her a "true" American is the white, Anglo-Saxon kind, otherwise, why not make more of a deal about having DNA from the original Americans? She was much more concerned with migration patterns of the Anglo-Saxons.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

For Meghan to brush off the Senegalese DNA as being something that everyone has because we all come from Africa and not be corrected is kinda weird, because I'm pretty sure that her results point to Senegalese DNA entering her family during a much more recent point of time than the dawn of humanity, but don't quote me as I'm not an expert (but I have done one of these tests and there is no African DNA in mine which there should be if we all have it for that reason).

Three Christmases ago I gave DNA kits  to my two sons.  I decided to get each of them from a different company just to see if the results were similar (at least).  They were exactly the same.  I already had done one (free) through a study for my autoimmune disease.  Not one of us had a sliver of African or Native American*/Andean.   Before we ever did human DNA testing, we got one for our Humane Society dog and the results were amazing (as in part Borzoi !). 

*My children's father always claimed to be part Native American "because my mother was from Oklahoma."  Nope...and I learned after his death that his mother was from Idaho.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I had to laugh at Meghan saying she thought maybe part of her ancestry was Irish or Scottish. I don't know where she thinks the name McCain came from! It's so silly; it's comparable to Arnold Schwarzenegger thinking that perhaps he had some Germanic ancestry.

As for ancient African DNA, it's gone in most people. I read something over the weekend that said white people having traces of African DNA most likely inherited it within the past 100 to 300 years.

Her insistence that all of her genes are American, bolstered by the fact that her McCain ancestors were all in the military, is just crazy. I'm really proud of knowing my German ancestors came here with nothing and made something of themselves in this country. Ditto for my UK ancestors. I feel it makes me quintessentially American!

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

The difference between "Clay Aiken was the target of homophobic jokes" and "Kevin Hart tells homophobic jokes" is verb tense. 

It's long past time for Hart's humor and attitudes to have, given the "ancestry" topic, evolved. 

McCain is, in a word,  useless. Her presence on "The View" is another joke. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I had to laugh at Meghan saying she thought maybe part of her ancestry was Irish or Scottish. I don't know where she thinks the name McCain came from! It's so silly; it's comparable to Arnold Schwarzenegger thinking that perhaps he had some Germanic ancestry.

As for ancient African DNA, it's gone in most people. I read something over the weekend that said white people having traces of African DNA most likely inherited it within the past 100 to 300 years.

Her insistence that all of her genes are American, bolstered by the fact that her McCain ancestors were all in the military, is just crazy. I'm really proud of knowing my German ancestors came here with nothing and made something of themselves in this country. Ditto for my UK ancestors. I feel it makes me quintessentially American!

Just Further proof she's an idiot and clearly didn't inherit any of the smart genes from her dad.

Speaking of ancestry, I've never taken these tests, but it's a long running joke in my family--that I tease my mother especially, that we aren't "pure" Indians (from India*) because my maternal grandma has green eyes. Only my younger cousin (mom's brother's kid) inherited them. I taunt my Mum that clearly there's some British blood in our genes, what with the Colonization of our home country! It continues to peeve my sister that she didn't inherit the eyes! And none of my cousins' children did either. So I guess it stopped with my cousin. Or maybe it skips a generation and my grandnephews/nieces will get them! Hee.

*I had to always tell people I was "India-Indian" and not Native American growing up and into my 30s because people were stupid.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Good God....I just now watched Friday's show I think (we didn't get it in Atlanta) it was on demand and saw her talk about her big ole perfect boobs and wearing a size 12 or 14....I DID A HOLLYWOOD SPIT TAKE ON THAT ONE.  I spit right into the big ole barf bag.....WHAT PLANET DOES SHE LIVE ON?  We have eyes porkie!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan has told us that she has to get her bras from a special store. So do I.  This means that they are bigger than DD cups and therefore F, G, H, I, J...  Based on her height (5'1") I'm guessing at least 34G, possibly 36J, neither of which will fit into a size 14.  The designer of whatever bra she was wearing beneath that stretched-tight maroon satin last Friday is just thankful they were not mentioned by name.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Meghan has told us that she has to get her bras from a special store. So do I.  This means that they are bigger than DD cups and therefore F, G, H, I, J...  Based on her height (5'1") I'm guessing at least 34G, possibly 36J, neither of which will fit into a size 14.  The designer of whatever bra she was wearing beneath that stretched-tight maroon satin last Friday is just thankful they were not mentioned by name.

She is only 5'1"?  I am a half inch taller than she is!  I consider myself "petite", which is a proportion, not a size - Petites go up to size 16 in some stores.  I don't consider her "petite" by proportion, but, I guess its possible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Nope she is about a 40 or 42 G I would say my friends. I am a 34 bra and I weigh 98 lbs. Oh and I am 4 foot 11 and have to wear a 4P top because of my big ole boobs. Yep, I said it. 

Edited by atlantaloves · Reason: forgot something
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Nope she is about a 40 or 42 G I would say my friends. I am a 34 bra and I weigh 98 lbs. Oh and I am 4 foot 11 and have to wear a 4P top because of my big ole boobs. Yep, I said it. 

I wear a 40 H, and I'm 5'2" and similarly proportioned. I can wear a 12 or 14P  on the bottom (flat butt), but I wear at least a 16 top and not petite because I'm all body with very short legs. Bras that fit don't have to be especially made, but they are pricey. Still, I have something of the same emotional response Meghan did when Sunny said she was big-busted. I know Sunny was sincere but an H is a whole other world from a DD (and I feel whiny just thinking about this.) Meghan nearly always irritates me, but this time I identified. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Even a good 34C bra will cost you really big bucks if you are old and need supesr support like me.  Yes MeeeeGain...we get it...you are rich, you have you bras custom made for you (NO SHE DOESN'T). Why didn't they at least talk about the fact that everybody needs to go every couple of years for a good bra fitting..  You don't have to buy the expensive bras they sell where you get fitted, just get your correct size and then go to Macy's for Pete's sake.  That's what I do, hell, I try to find them at Marshalls or TJMax as well. Good bras for mature or big gals are expensive, but you don't have to pay the price, but you can't pay Target prices either.  Hand wash it and a bra will last many many years. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

She could drop 75 pounds at least. Her boobs would get smaller.  They’re mostly fat anyway  been there done that. Funny she doesn’t complain about her ginormous waist, butt or belly.... hmmmm?  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Did I mishear it, I thought that the ancestry person said that NutMeg had some southern states in her background.  Like Tennessee. Etc.

Perhaps this is why she has this affiliation with the Confederacy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Did I mishear it, I thought that the ancestry person said that NutMeg had some southern states in her background.  Like Tennessee. Etc.

Perhaps this is why she has this affiliation with the Confederacy?

The DNA lady was talking in generalities about the migration of Scots and Irish to TN and KY, not so much that Meghan's ancestors did this.  (Although it's quite possible they did.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/7/2018 at 2:28 PM, HaaCHOO said:
On 12/7/2018 at 2:27 PM, atlantaloves said:

NEWS FLASH...Kevin Hart will not be hosting the Academy Awards....BRING BACK BILLY CRYSTAL! 

Don't let Whoopi read this !!!

Regarding Academy Awards ...  Seem familiar?   Now who just put her own self out there?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×