Galileo908

S30.E07: Werking Mom

Marge wants a job and stumbles into becoming a plastic food storage container-selling drag queen; Lisa tries to make the world better in the style of "Amelie."

"They're still garnishing your wages after that garnish war you waged."

So Julio giving Marge a makeover passes her off as a drag queen. That's totally not something King of The Hill did years ago. But KOTH didn't have RuPaul or Drag Race contestants. And unlike KOTH, this felt, well, cartoonish. Yes, Drag Queen tupperware parties are a thing. Hell, the show even gave us links to some. I loved that "Waylon" was one of the drag queens and it was never addressed beyond the name.

Lisa's plot was okay. A bit sweet, but it felt like a time filler.

EDIT: Aww, Stan Lee tribute.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

I heart Ru and Raja so they were the best parts of this ep (them and seeing Smithers and Sideshow Mel in drag).  And loved the return of Scott Thomson too! 

And aw, sniffle, Stan Lee tribute at the end.

Edited by Kaboom 2.0
  • Like 2

Amelie and RuPaul - I liked the combination. 

Though, I didn't really think that Homer did anything wrong - he probably shouldn't have burst in but to be fair, Marge didn't tell him what was going on. 

• Like 2

Even though this was the 20th Marge-gets-a-job-and-then-never-mentions-it-again plot they've done, I enjoyed it. And the Amelie stuff was weird, but for some reason, I liked it too. Overall, a decent episode.

• Like 1

On November 19, 2018 at 9:48 AM, M. Darcy said:

Amelie and RuPaul - I liked the combination. 

Though, I didn't really think that Homer did anything wrong - he probably shouldn't have burst in but to be fair, Marge didn't tell him what was going on. 

Seriously.

If the writers actually gave a damn anymore, they might have had Marge recognize that, or better yet, realize that maybe it was wrong using culture appropriation just to feel better about herself. But nope: as per usual, she blames Homer for everything and plays the victim.