Drogo

S06.E06: Not What I Thought

Colt has a surprise for Larissa; Jonathan and Fernanda continue their fight; Jay feels uncomfortable at Ashley's local market.; Kalani and Asuelu move to Utah; Leida questions coming to America; Olga has complications while in labor.

I don't live too far from where Eric lives.  It's a beautiful area.  Typical small Wisconsin town but not really remote.

There should be inexpensive apartments to find IF you have good credit and security deposit alin hand.

But MAN O MAN I cannot get over that he is supposed to be only 40 yrs old.  He looks 20 years older than that.  There is something off about that.  A drinking problem? A serious health issue?? Something.

Clearly Thai girl is here for more than love and a low rent lifestyle.  Perhaps an American doctor's degree is really important to her/ her family.  I don't buy that Thai family is rich as in American rich.  Offering two months rent ain't nothing.

3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm starting to get a sense that Colt is a real SOB with a baby face. What's the problem Larissa? The view is great here. What's wrong with a car with no AC? Here let me take you to see a nice car that you really want and then say no. He jabs and digs all while smiling and in an even tone. Super passive aggressive 

Right? Super creepy!

• Like 11

I have a feeling Eric would have taken the money from Leida’s dad, if the cameras weren’t around. 

Steven seems to have abusive tendencies.  I believe Olga is in danger. 

I wish Asuelu would go home.  I don't think he will be happy here in America with these condescending, judgmental people.  

3 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

“If I could come to the US without marrying Ashley, I would”  Ooh, I don’t think Jay just realized how badly he spilled the beans all over the damn floor.

I understand what Jay is trying to say.  It seems that while he wants to with Ashley, he doesn't necessarily want to be married.  After all, he is only 20 years old.  He mentioned that his mom is in the U.S., so, I can't help but wonder why this is his only option.  

• Like 17

I watched this show, then changed the channel to watch the second half of the Jonestown massacre documentary. 

Someone on this show is going to have a bad demise. I can just feel it in my bones.

None of these people should get married. Go home, before you are unable to.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I understand what Jay is trying to say.  It seems that while he wants to with Ashley, he doesn't necessarily want to be married.  After all, he is only 20 years old.  He mentioned that his mom is in the U.S., so, I can't help but wonder why this is his only option.

Then Jay really needs to sit back a cool his heels in Jamaica for a while to be sure of whst he wants before he decides to take the 90 day plunge.  

His mother may be here, but since chain migration really isn’t as easy or prevalent as some try to make it seem, it can take years and years to bring family over. Devar’s mother was also here in America, but he flew in in on Melanie's Coat tails. Loren also looked in to bringing Alexi’s family over, and she was really disappointed when she realized it could take years and years, especially for his younger brother.

if Jay really only wants to live with Ashley, as opposed to marrying her,  he needs to take a time out at home to think about it...that or learn to play the  90 day game with a little more subtlety. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Like 15

2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling Eric would have taken the money from Leida’s dad, if the cameras weren’t around. 

Steven seems to have abusive tendencies.  I believe Olga is in danger. 

I wish Asuelu would go home.  I don't think he will be happy here in America with these condescending, judgmental people.  

He wants to be with Ashley and not married so he can do as he pleases. She dumped her bestie of many years for his heavy sack so he knows she’ll bitch about it but probably tolerate his dicking around st least long enough to get his papers and be able to divorce her. 

• Like 15

Leidas brother didn’t look like he came from a rich family. Speaking of brothers, Kalani’s brother’s old wilted rubber joke was hacky as fuck.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

I watched this show, then changed the channel to watch the second half of the Jonestown massacre documentary. 

Someone on this show is going to have a bad demise. I can just feel it in my bones.

Me too. I kept switching back and forth. I can't believe that was 40 years ago, I remember when it happened. 

• Like 6

Can You imagine Eric fighting Isis. He would just stare off into space while they did  things. Maybe he wanted to fight  Isis the superhero? How the heck did this man serve.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, shouldbedancing said:

I feel bad for Olga. She's so alone. Steven has zero capacity to begin to understand or feel empathy for what she's going through. I wish she had some family around. It kind of scares me. There's no way he can bring her over on a visa on his own and I don't see who in his life as the means to co-sponsor him. It'll be better for Olga to stay in Russia without him. How can Steven watch her getting ripped open and a baby pulled out and make that moment all about him? (Also TLC I did not sign up to watch a c-section 90 day fiance, you can skip showing us the graphic part.)

I totally agree with you and I fear for Olga, Steven turned into a scary, selfish, inconsiderate, bully with no regard for Olga at all.  And what about all that pre delivery drama about him wanting to be in the room for the birth, they had the whole camera crew filming a c-section up close and personal.  Between the editing and the strange personalities on this show it's hard to know which way to think.

Re the visa and sponsorship, maybe his grandparents are able to sponsor her visa process.  Also I wonder if she has relatives in the States because she did live there the previous summer, when she met Steven and got pg.

Edited by endure
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Asuelu, trust me, use the condoms like slut people, get your green card, divorce and get joint custody of the baby, have three more children with a better woman. DO NOT have four kids with this insane family! 

If he’s banging her without protection now, she may already be knocked up. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Can You imagine Eric fighting Isis. He would just stare off into space while they did  things. Maybe he wanted to fight  Isis the superhero? How the heck did this man serve.

No I can’t imagine Eric fighting Isis, it is so strange how he stares off into space.  He appears to be lazy and unmotivated, and probably is,  looking at his living space.  It amazes me how he made no preparations for Leida and her sons arrival. I wonder what he does for work?

Edited by endure
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Gross

Well he pretty much said that Kalani is after him everyday for sex. 

13 minutes ago, endure said:

No I can’t imagine Eric fighting Isis, it is so strange how he stares off into space.  He appears to be lazy and unmotivated, and probably is looking at his living space.  It amazes me how he made no preparations for Leida and her sons arrival. I wonder what he does for work?

He always looks like he needs a drink. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Looks like Colt really dressed up for the proposal.

Does he have on a pair of Mother's old jeans?

rps20181118_235849.jpg

Same shirt as last week, and for his interviews. He thinks he's hiding his moobs, instead he looks more egglike than ever. I wonder if Debster is slipping  him oestrogen?

• Like 18

I had a problem with Jay's racist attitude towards white people, especially his assumption that white people always think black people are "bad."

I didn't see a single instance of a person eyeing him suspiciously or looking disdainfully at him in the supermarket.   From what I could tell, nobody cared.   I didn't get the sense Ashley saw it either.   She seemed to simply take his word for it that all the white folk were giving him the side-eye.  

Then Jay's complaining about "white people" to the guys in the barbershop.

Get your head out of youtube, Jay.   

• Like 23

I just can’t imagine having my son’s first heard English words be me calling his mother an asshole. I guess I missed Steven’s backstory, but honestly, I could give a shit. He is way too immature to be a father. His needs come dead last in that room. First, baby needs to be taken care of. Fed. Second, Olga needs to be taken care of. Helped with putting on her clothing, gathering her things, tracking down a wheelchair to roll her out. But no, it’s all about what Steven wants. There is no way this is going to work. Olga should stay with her parents and raise the child in Russia. Do not even step foot in his apartment. 

Kalani is supposed to be 30, but she acts as mature as the 20 year olds. Why is she screaming in the car? Pull over and handle things calmly. 

Eric is weird. He gets this far away look when people are questioning him about his finances and I wonder what he’s thinking. What is his deal? How is he not living better in low cost of living Wyoming?? 

All of these people are horrible. Why can’t we have some decent, smart, legitimate couples? These train wrecks are a lot less entertaining when there’s children involved. Just incredibly depressing.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Tallulahbaby said:

Steven was a vile ass. I could see him grabbing the baby out of Olga's hands. I like him last week. Not no more!

He was like a Before and After.    Mr. Nice Guy right up until the baby is born, then No More Mr. Nice Guy.   This is going to get ugly fast.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, endure said:

No I can’t imagine Eric fighting Isis, it is so strange how he stares off into space.  He appears to be lazy and unmotivated, and probably is looking at his living space.  It amazes me how he made no preparations for Leida and her sons arrival.

His answer to every question appears to be “I’m working on it.” 

I couldn’t believe how Steven first cut Olga’s breastfeeding session short and ordered her to “Get dressed NOW!” then five minutes later he scolded her because he thought the baby was hungry. 

I’m absolutely terrified of snakes so now I’m relieved my husband didn’t involve one when he proposed, like putting the ring on it. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 13

Ahhhh, Asuelu  brother in law looks cool! Finally, some man energy for Asuelu.

That house is another BnB and the parents are on-call from TLC to come stir things up if things get boring.

Slut people= Sex workers.

Kalani...you better be on birth control!  Especially, since you are still unsure if Asuelu CAN BE Oliver’s father.  

• Like 9

Has Ricky’s wonky eyed Cousin Carlos changed his name (Anthony?) and become a barber in Mechanicsburg? Edited to add: He's even giving out the same relationship advice! 

Olga’s C-section was more graphic than Dr. Now’s gastric bypass surgeries. When they first put up that announcement about showing a medical procedure, I thought I had tuned in to the wrong show. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Being on this show is probably the worst thing that ever happened to Asuelu in his life.

And I agree with everyone that Kalani’s behaviour driving is way more alarming than Asuelu’s misguided-but-well-intentioned car seat thing (just based on what I saw in the trailer since I skipped—I went to watch “Fantastic Beasts 2” at the cinema instead, and now I have a MAJOR crush on Newt’s brother, he’s totally my type OMG). ??‍♀️??

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

As a white person, I will never dismiss another person's racial experience, and I think to do so is what leads us to a place where people aren't allowed to have their feelings, and others dismiss situations because it's not their perception. I personally saw a lot of the blurred out people looking in their direction and looking at them walking around in that marketplace so yes, I saw people looking at them. If one is used to being in a majority, then suddenly finds themselves to be the only person of their race in a huge area, that can feel very uncomfortable. I have been the only white person for miles around in some African countries I've worked in, and walking around a crowded market with people staring at me because I'm a different color is not a fun experience, it's very uncomfortable to be looked at as different, or 'not from around here', as it were. It would be lovely if color didn't matter but it does, and to be black in a predominately white locale in America right now? I personally think Jay's crazy, no visa is worth that, IMO, YMMV.

You make a good point, however Jay and Ashley both went into this anticipating racial animus, so it does not surprise me that they interpreted any glances as disapproving.   I can't say for sure what was behind the blurred faces but no one seems to have harassed them or made them feel unwelcome.   Maybe people were staring because they were being followed by a film crew.    When Jay asked, "why do all white people think black people are bad," Ashley could have responded, "all white people don't think black people are bad," which is the truth.   Instead, Jay's characterization of all whites as racists went unchallenged, and I think that's unfair.

Angela walked through the heart of Nigeria, the only white woman for miles around it seemed.   She drew lots of stares.   I can't stand the woman, but I don't recall her attributing ill intent to the people looking at her. 

• Like 24

4 hours ago, gingerella said:

As a white person, I will never dismiss another person's racial experience, and I think to do so is what leads us to a place where people aren't allowed to have their feelings, and others dismiss situations because it's not their perception. I personally saw a lot of the blurred out people looking in their direction and looking at them walking around in that marketplace so yes, I saw people looking at them. If one is used to being in a majority, then suddenly finds themselves to be the only person of their race in a huge area, that can feel very uncomfortable. I have been the only white person for miles around in some African countries I've worked in, and walking around a crowded market with people staring at me because I'm a different color is not a fun experience, it's very uncomfortable to be looked at as different, or 'not from around here', as it were. It would be lovely if color didn't matter but it does, and to be black in a predominately white locale in America right now? I personally think Jay's crazy, no visa is worth that, IMO, YMMV.

Leida is a stupid shithead. She whinges on to her family then defends crusty, gross Eric, who by the way, looks like he hasn't showered in DAYS. He was a greasy, dirty looking mess of a sad sack. I can only hope that the family insists on taking Alessandro back to JKT with them, until/unless Eric and Leida can show they have a proprer place to put it in.

The others I dont give a shit about. Jonnernanda, who cares? She's pretty, smart, but crazy jealous and needs to grow up. They will not last. The Rainman and Miss Amazonia? Boring manufactured drama and I do NOT - repeat, Do NOT EVER need to see Mother Coltee in her bedclothes. Ever! American Psycho and Little Orphan Olga? She needs to turn him into the Russian authorities ASAP and have his ass shipped back to the USA, persona non grata in Russia. He clearly has issues and she doesn't need that shit. And Mr. Pussy Playa and Barbie Americana need to call this quits already, he's not ready to be married FFS.

I saw people looking too, but the most logical explanation is that they were wondering why there was a camera crew following a couple grocery shopping.  

• Like 21