Drogo

S06.E06: Not What I Thought

38 minutes ago, iwasish said:

We need to have a bag of Cheetos on the menu Sunday nights from now on. 

man, with all of the 90DF foods we have, we are all going to end up on TLC's longest episode ever of 600lb Life.  

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Mothra said:

She and Eric *must* have something going on that we have not been allowed to see; otherwise, this makes no sense to me at all.

Big Dick Energy?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Lily247 said:

To be fair, I believe it is an unofficial rule that one must drive at a speed that is relative to the majority of the other drivers on the road in order to avoid a crash. If everyone is going 80, its probably safer to go 80 as well than 65. 

Yeah, this is why I asked if there’s a minimum speed limit on the spoiler thread.

But I can’t imagine any minimum being that fast in America? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Because apparently that’s ~128 kmph! 😱

I mean the “advised speed” on Germany’s Autobahn is 130 kmph, but then why would people make such big deal out of that if ~128 kmph is so common in the US? 🕶🥤

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

The speed limit on the interstates in Utah is 80 mph

Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eme said:

Other than the VISA, what else had Eric promised Lieda?  There is zero chemistry between them.  Did he promise her a place to live?  Because that junky place with his grown daughter in the next bedroom is not ideal.  Why hasn't he explained the LEGALITIES of having to pay child. support?  Why is she under the delusion that she can convince him to stop paying it?  Why is he telling his ex and the kids Lieda doesn't want to pay -- and making them hate her before they met her?  They are both horrid and kinda deserve each other for the lying (I don't think Lieda's family is as "wealthy" as he thinks....money is relative)......but I feel bad for her little boy.

Because she’s delusional in general?

I just noticed that in the scene where she confronts Tasha, she said something along the lines of, “did you do this on purpose to make ME explode?”

Because of course Tasha’s lifestyle choices in her very own home, that she’s lived in with her dad before Leida even entered the picture, revolve around Leida.

That is some serious narcissism!

She best make use of the access to good mental healthcare in America while she can, and I mean it (I’m not saying that to Ben mean/nasty at all).

In Indonesia, whenever there’s a high-profile murder case and the perpetrator happens to be LGBTQ, the psychiatrist who gets invited to TV talk-shows to give their ¢2 will attribute the perp’s homosexuality to the crime (because many Indonesian shrinks still classify homosexuality as a “mental disorder”, even though the DSM declassified non-heteronormative sexual orientations versions ago). If the best psychiatrists who get interviewed on television are that awful, imagine what the rest must be like! 😖

Even the psychologists are scary and can do things that would’ve gotten their licenses revoked if they were to practice in America! (Personal experience: I had what was supposed to be a casual session with a psychologist who acted as a self-development “councillor” in charm school, and she berated/verbally-abused me and reduced me to tears! It was bizarre, like she lashed out all her personal life’s frustrations on a student/stranger... FTR, I didn’t do anything wrong, this session was just part of the “self-development” curriculum.) 😳

Maybe Leida can have those delusions of grandeur looked at by qualified mental health professional in America (I’m sure some watching have noticed by now, it’s quite alarming really).

Not saying that to be nasty at all, by the way—I promise (I got my ADHD diagnosed overseas too, and I’m not going to get checked for ASD until I’m overseas either). I’d never use a mental health issue to insult anyone, just pointing that out.

Edited by CSS.MD · Reason: AUTOCORRECT IS TEH DEVIL. 🤷🏻‍♀️🕶🥤
  • Like 3

I want to know what Mr. Big Shot Daddy Kalani would do if his wife went full on rage mode with him and treated him like an infant complete with screaming at him about things that he doesn't know. I don't think he'd take too kindly to that. But he'll allow his bitch daughter to do that to Asuelu and blame him for anything that goes wrong in the relationship. 

I have to say that snarking on the people on this show is always amusing but this season, I'm feeling rage at some of the participants: Eric and Kalani as examples. Colt is in there too with his assholish ways. Jonathan, the perpetual 15 year old douchebro. And then we had Steven who was so endearing. But he scared me during the last episode with his zero to sixty rage. I think he's one of those people that when things are going fine he's great, but try to shut him down or do something that he feels is disrespectful and bam! a light switch goes off and he becomes violently angry. 

• Like 8

Let me just say that if Olga and the baby are not at the reunion, I think maybe it points to her still being in Russia for whatever reason - either the Visa process is taking longer than expected (which I dont believe really) or she decided to stay back in Russia with the baby. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, Carly13817 said:

Ashley/Jay - I feel bad a bit that Jay feels out of place where Ashley and now him live. Oh well. At least he can hang out with his new besties at the barber shop!

Dont worry, in 2 years he will be living his dream out in Miami or wherever in the US his heart will desire. Jay already knows exactly how many years he must be married to Ashley before he receives his permanent green card (2 years). In the previews, he is drinking a Capri Sun, so... his maturity is showing. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Our buddy, Sergeant Baker, is AWOL and spotted frequently over on HGTV! 

Wouldn't you go AWOL, too . . . rather than being seen in the middle of the 90-Day mess?  LOL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

Yeah, this is why I asked if there’s a minimum speed limit on the spoiler thread.

Because apparently that’s ~128 kmph! 😱

I mean the “advised speed” on Germany’s Autobahn is 130 kmph, but then why would people make such big deal out of that if ~128 kmph is so common in the US? 🕶🥤

Thanks!

There used to be a "national" speed limit of 55, put in place back in the early 70's, during various oil embargos, but that no longer exists (can't recall when they stopped that - I'm thinking sometime in the 90's).  But individual states do have higher limits, depending.  If an area is extremely flat, it is often higher.  In Indiana on the turnpike, it's 75.  I think most of Ohio Turnpike is 65.  Most of Route 80 in PA is 65, some parts are 70 (a few areas go down to 55 - high congestion areas).  The PA Turnpike is largely 65.  Lots of places out west, where you can see for many many miles down the road are high.  Some areas actually have no posted speed limit.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, funky-rat said:

There used to be a "national" speed limit of 55, put in place back in the early 70's, during various oil embargos, but that no longer exists (can't recall when they stopped that - I'm thinking sometime in the 90's).  But individual states do have higher limits, depending.  If an area is extremely flat, it is often higher.  In Indiana on the turnpike, it's 75.  I think most of Ohio Turnpike is 65.  Most of Route 80 in PA is 65, some parts are 70 (a few areas go down to 55 - high congestion areas).  The PA Turnpike is largely 65.  Lots of places out west, where you can see for many many miles down the road are high.  Some areas actually have no posted speed limit.

OMG. You’re right that is an efficient speed range: https://learn.eartheasy.com/guides/fuel-efficient-driving/

I couldn’t get what you said about oil embargoes out of my head and I went ahead and Googled it. I couldn’t wrap my head around it at first because I’m so used to the traffic being awful in Jakarta and the idea that being stuck in traffic burns fuel like mad.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 7:49 PM, CSS.MD said:

Because she’s delusional in general?

I just noticed that in the scene where she confronts Tasha, she said something along the lines of, “did you do this on purpose to make ME explode?”

Because of course Tasha’s lifestyle choices in her very own home, that she’s lived in with her dad before Leida even entered the picture, revolve around Leida.

That is some serious narcissism!

Do you think Leida suspects Tasha may be gay?  I genuinely don't know how/if people can "sense" this about other people, but I wondered, and your info about how LGBTQ is seen in Indonesian culture might make Leida bolder than she would be otherwise in blaming Tasha and in demanding she leave the shelter of her father's home (project much Leida?  Isn't that exactly where you live?)

I don't know whether Leida's narcissism is pathological or a normal response to being treated as a princess by her family (which, again, is a guess on my part), but she certainly does have an inflated sense of her importance in the family of Eric.  He does have obligations, legal and moral, to take care of his children, and it puzzles me that she does not understand this.  Forget about the money--wouldn't she want a husband who remained emotionally attached to the fruit of his looms?  What kind of man walks away from his own spawn?

And all of this jars so much with her apparent willingness to accept that Eric is "working on it" to get her a more "proper" place to live.  If she feels so entitled, why is she willing to cast her lot with this guy, based solely on his vague plans to "work on that?"  Why isn't she--and/or Eric--taking her family around to look at houses for sale, for instance, to say "this is the sort of living space I'm working on getting for Leida and Allessandro?"  At the very least?  It's not just that Eric's aparment is tiny and unfurnished, it's filthy, with unwashed dishes piled everywhere and nothing put away.

Nobody seems to be holding Eric responsible for *anything*, while Leida seems to expect so much.

Edited by Mothra · Reason: negatives make all the difference
  • Like 5

I forgot to buy Cheetos last time I went grocery shopping (just got the usual microwave popcorn instead). 🍿

This makes me sad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Eric is one of the most low energy people I've seen on the show.   Even Icky Ricky had more energy than Eric does.

Yeah that Ricky hustled to get some tail, that’s for sure!!

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 10:14 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

LOL, I have never willingly stepped inside a gym--but now that I am a full metal old lady, I make noises like Fernanda when I get up off the couch!

"Miss Dr. President" made me laugh very loudly. 

Its interesting--you state, correctly, that Leida's parents allowed her to stay. Both Kalani and Leida are under their parents' thumbs, or seemingly desperate for their approval. Both woman are almost 30 years old! And they are trotting their chosen partners before their families like some sort of show pony, in the hope of winning their approval, and moreover, their permission! I just don't get this. Yes, its nice if your family likes your chosen spouse. But to say "I hope they let me stay" or "I hope my family will allow me to marry" just seems odd. 

I think Leida’s family know she is determined to live with Eric in the hovel. Her dad despised Eric, but at least now he has a sense of the person he is dealing with. Eric has very little to show for a 41-year-Old man, but worse than that, he was quick to throw his own daughter under the bus.  That didn’t escape Leida’s dad! That and the way Eric manhandles his grandson with little or no affection! He can see though Eric. He understands he has no character.  He’s just waiting his daughter out until she decides to leave, which she will do eventually.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

man, with all of the 90DF foods we have, we are all going to end up on TLC's longest episode ever of 600lb Life.  

A new show, ‘TLC Made Me Fat.’

On 11/23/2018 at 12:57 PM, funky-rat said:

There is no more “no speed limit” areas anymore. Montana was the last with no posted speed limit and that changed in the 90s but it’s 80 mph now. The fastest speed limit in the US is in Texas and is 85 mph (hwy 130) - crazy!

On 11/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, Granny58 said:

not a chance.

This!!! He doesn’t exude the least bit of BDE.

• Like 2

Oh I forgot how Rude Kalani’s brother was telling him he WASN’T GOING TO USE ASUELO’S NAME BECAUSE IT WAS “TOO LONG”!!! Rude!!! 

If there’s one thing that taking the Dale Carnegie Coure taught me, it’s that person’s name is a very important thing in the world to them, so what her brother did was a huge insult. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Like 4

On 11/22/2018 at 6:04 PM, CSS.MD said:

Waaaay late on this, but my state (Texas) has a minimum speed on most interstates/highways. It varies depending on the maximum speed limit, but for example near my house, where the max speed limit is 65mph (104 kph), the minimum speed is 45 (72-ish kph). A little further out, where the max speed is 75, the minimum speed is 55. It's usually 20-25mph lower than the max speed limit. They drop the minimum completely once you get so close to the city center, but you can be (and are) ticketed for going too slow sometimes. It's a safety hazard to be going so much slower than most of the traffic around you, especially if you can avoid it by using the access/feeder roads. 

• Like 1

I finally worked through my loathing for these people to actually watch this ep (rather than relying on everyone’s beautiful snark). Well, I should say listening because I was mostly on my iPad with my glasses off and just randomly glancing up. When I looked up at Coltee’s voice, I saw a vague blob, reminiscent of Baby Huey. Then the blinding thighs flashes across my thankfully blurred out vision. I have like -6 lenses in my glasses. It’s just amorphous shapes and colors. His head is really weird looking when just considering the shape lol. 

Also, when does Not A Indonesian Jewish Princess ever hold her own damn son?? Like, I am irrationally angry that it’s always Ol’ Eyebags. Some kind of forced (def-not-his-parent) bonding bullshit. Just send him back to your parents. You have the maternal instinct of a rock.  And just throw your daughter under the bus. Again  and again. What an empty bag of dicks. 

Steven...doesn’t want to repeat his family’s dynamic...repeats family’s dynamic...shrugs because he doesn’t know what to do to not to that. Idk, Steven, there is this thing called therapy. Check it out. Or, and this is reaaalllyyyy out there: how not to be a fucking asshole parenting books.

• Like 1

I am late watching this season's train-wreck, we stream so it was hard to find, but these people TERRIFY and ENRAGE me more than any other season!!!!!! This can't be real. 

Thanks for listening.

• Like 3