yeswedo

Gossip Girl

I just started re-watching after only seeing season 1 and a couple episodes of season 2 in the original run. 

I remember Chuck attempting to rape Serena and Jenny in the pilot, but wooooow am I finding Blair’s Asian and Black “ladies in waiting” problematic as heck as well.

And the constant “slut-shaming”! How were we so unwoke just 11 years ago?

I’m just going to treat this like dark comedy like most of Cruel Intentions.

On the positive side, I LOVED Serena’s yellow Ralph Lauren bridesmaid gown then and now. I spent ages looking for a cheaper version of the purple & cream pinstriped blazer I think she wears in early season 2. They made  a Lauren version a few seasons  later, but by then I accepted that I’m not built like Blake Lively.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Like 1

Up to 3:10 and quite impressed that they got Lady Gaga right as “Bad Romance” dropped.

Up to 3:19- I was never really into Dan, but the longer fuller hair is so flattering! He looks like a Renaissance painting. Maybe the actor’s been working out too, but it’s mostly the hair.

Also, I’m always worried their champagne is going flat being poured and not always drunk right away.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Like 2

Kevin Zegers, who played Damian Daalgard, guest starred on this week's episode of Dirty John S01.E02). He played Toby, the nephew of the show's main character Debra (Connie Britton).

Since Gossip Girl, he has also played Owen on Gracepoint (the American adaptation of Broadchurch), Oscar on Notorious, Alec in Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, and Mel on Fear the Walking Dead.

• Like 1

Just discovered the UK show Skins and wish I'd discovered it before slogging through the final couple seasons of GG...

• Like 1