David T. Cole

Wheel Of Fortune

5 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Very rarely watch this, but after watching Jeopardy last night we decided to tune in and wanted to see what happened with the million dollar wedge.  "BAKED ZUCCHINI" ?!?!  I could see ZUCCHINI BREAD, but I've never heard anyone refer to or make "baked zucchini" in my life.

I felt so bad for them, and as Pat Sajak said, "I don't know what to say." 

Yes, I agree! I was sure it was FRIED ZUCCHINI. Granted, that's not the most common menu item either, but I think it might be more common than baked. 

I was genuinely worried about Grandpa after Pat revealed that $1 million prize card. Bless him, he was just completely gutted. I enjoyed earlier in the game when he said, "Now I'll have to pay tax on that." when Pat announced their winnings. He wasn't trying to be funny, though. He was mildly bothered. 

I've enjoyed this week's episodes. I have a soft spot for the grandchild-grandparent relationship (I was very close to my grandparents), and some of these pairs have been unintentionally adorable. 

WIDE BOULEVARD?? Give me a break.

That gingerbread house!!!

• Like 2

Yes, I agree! I was sure it was FRIED ZUCCHINI. Granted, that's not the most common menu item either, but I think it might be more common than baked. 

I guessed fried zucchini at first and then saw there was no R in the first word and settled on baked zucchini.  I agree that it's not exactly something that immediately pops in a person's mind.  

That was a tough break for that team with the Million Dollar Wedge.  Some of those bonus round puzzles are downright bizarre.

• Like 2

Those were three of the worst Wheel contestants I have ever seen! Spinning when the answer was obvious, misreading words, and missing a bonus round puzzle that was practically spelled out. If I were the people they were the Secret Santa for, I'd sue.

• Like 2

The good news is tonight's episode HAS to be better. There's no way it could be any worse than last night. Last night was worse than the "Achilles" episode from last year, which also IIRC included the guess "Car of the Year" when the category was "Person" (instead of Man of the Year).

I hope someone burned some sage in that studio after they taped the tonight's episode. There was definitely some bad juju up in that place! But even with all of the Bankrupts and Lose a Turns, the contestants had really good attitudes. I especially liked Anthony.

Just watched the last 2 episodes back to back and it was BRUTAL!!!! The wheel was horrible! The contestants were pretty bad! The woman on the first show who won only a $1,000 was.not.happy.at.all. She had an awful night on the wheel and couldn’t even win when all of the letters where there. Yikes!! 

• Like 3

How ironic that the subtitle is "I'd like to buy a vowel".

I have noticed that at least 5 times a month I have seen a person guess the puzzle immediately after buying vowels.

In all fairness, maybe the contestants don't know the answer until the vowels are revealed,

and they don't want to risk spinning again to recuperate the money only to land on a bad wedge.

Who knows?   Maybe she didn't know the first word was "pepperoni"

Wayne Campbell:  "Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt."

I think some people don't know it until the vowels pop up but most know it and want to make sure by buying vowels.  Why take a risk when you're nervous and doubting yourself and give the puzzle to another contestant?  Makes sense to me.

Flamingo Dance Lessons? Oh dear...the worst part is he could just read it! Even if you thought it was flamingo you can just read it! Flamenco!! And he really did not get what he had done wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lilac2000 said:

Flamingo Dance Lessons? Oh dear...the worst part is he could just read it! Even if you thought it was flamingo you can just read it! Flamenco!! And he really did not get what he had done wrong. 

I knew he was going to say Flamingo instead of Flamenco before he even said it. He had already missed on the puzzle before which was Dog and Pony Show Me The Money. He needed either to say G for Dog or Y for Pony and he said C??????. WTF!!!!! Some people deserve to be shown how dumb they are on this show. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 2

Man, that C. Thomas Howell lookalike dude last night was on something or probably just nervous. Dude kept looking at the camera constantly. He seemed distracted most of the time.

Edited by Robert Lynch

"CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, CON_ENIENT" and the contestant calls for a "P"?   Good grief!

• Like 2

I was watching the best friends show last night, and thinking (out loud, maybe) that seems kind of awkward, when they win a sorta romantic trip. Then when they came back from the break and Pat clarified that they got 2 trips, I can only assume that they're listening in on me! But then, a lot of players would have done a lot better in that case, so I guess not; maybe i don't need the tinfoil.

• Like 1

New season change: putting the letter called by the contestant on the screen before it appears/ doesn't appear in the puzzle. I didn't see Monday's episode. Any explanation for why they are doing that? I like it since I often wasn't sure what letter the contestant called, especially the b,c d,g, t grouping

Yesterday, a woman had the $10,000 wedge and the trip wedge. The puzzle was MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT. She kept spinning until it was complete, and I was worried that she'd land on Bankrupt/Lose A Turn. Nope. She got it and went to the Bonus Round.

The Prize Puzzle today was E_CE_TI_NALLY LUSH VALLEYS. The contestants guessed M and F. Oof.

The Toss Up was ___AK PEAK. Someone said BREAK PEAK. What?

If the guy in the middle had said a W, he'd have gone to the Bonus Round. He was $100 short, but $11,400 isn't bad.

12 hours ago, InDueTime said:

If the guy in the middle had said a W, he'd have gone to the Bonus Round. He was $100 short, but $11,400 isn't bad.

Just to clarify this a little, in the Final Spin round, the guy solved the puzzle without calling a letter. Since he lost by $100, if he had just called a letter before solving, he would have won enough to go to the Bonus Round. Sometimes, I wonder if the players ever actually watch the show before appearing. But I guess it is easier when you are watching from the couch at home.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who saw a puzzle tonight get solved as, "BRIDAL AND GOLD SHOWER instead of BRIDAL AND COLD SHOWER?!   <facepalm.  RED facepalm!>

Then, dude in the final round couldn't get BAMBOO STEAMER even though every letter was up there except the two "O"s.  He still went to the Bonus Round but he left 7500.00 on the table.  Crazy night.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who saw a puzzle tonight get solved as, "BRIDAL AND GOLD SHOWER instead of BRIDAL AND COLD SHOWER?!   <facepalm.  RED facepalm!>

I did see that part.  Then later, I did think of something she might have been thinking of, but I can't imagine it being used in a Wheel question.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I did see that part.  Then later, I did think of something she might have been thinking of, but I can't imagine it being used in a Wheel question.

Exactly!  That's what made it so cringey.  Pat didn't touch that error with a 10 ft pole.  LOL

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Pat didn't touch that error with a 10 ft pole.  LOL

HE wouldn't have been amused, I don't think.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Then, dude in the final round couldn't get BAMBOO STEAMER even though every letter was up there except the two "O"s.  He still went to the Bonus Round but he left 7500.00 on the table.  Crazy night.

I saw that, funniest one they have had in a long time. 

Right up there with "A Streetcar Naked Desire"

And Pat you would tell just didn't know what to say, was shocked.  Just said "that is not correct". 

As he has stated before at such guesses, "This is a family show!"

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I saw that, funniest one they have had in a long time. 

Right up there with "A Streetcar Naked Desire"

And Pat you would tell just didn't know what to say, was shocked.  Just said "that is not correct". 

As he has stated before at such guesses, "This is a family show!"

I saw that and I was like, " Are people are really that dumb?".

Anyone watching? One of the contestants today was brought back because of a “technical glitch” on her earlier appearance. Anyone remember what happened? Just curious.

• Like 1

I was wondering if her buzzer was malfunctioning on her original episode and while it might not have mattered on the outcome maybe it would have changed things so it was best to have her on again? But they didn't really say did they?