DangerousMinds

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I agree that it's highly unlikely that CPS would do much/anything about legal firearms, but there should be some minimal standards for gun safety around children, right? Like if there were parents who left several loaded guns lying around their house in child-accessible locations, surely CPS would do something about that? I ask fairly facetiously because I imagine that, in such a case, CPS would give the parents some information/maybe a suggested or mandatory workshop about firearm safety and pretty much leave it at that. (And I get that there are a lot of reasons for that.)

You're right. They'd consider it a safety concern and would probably send the parents to a workshop and provide informative materials about gun safety and kids. Probably do a 6 month followup.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

29 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I’m not sure if it differs due to the presence of children (you’d think that would be listed if so) or if there’s some kind of federal law but I just did the briefest research and:  

7FD54AF7-03B1-4FB9-9EBC-981C4833B27D.jpeg

I don’t know much about gun laws - does this mean what he’s doing is fine? Seems nuts. Some states have many more requirements.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/state-law/50-state-summaries/safe-storage-state-by-state/

edit: It appears what he’s doing is legal in SC. Here’s a bunch more information, SC isn’t one of the states that has ANY Child Access Prevention Laws and there’s NO federal law about this at all.... insane: https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/child-consumer-safety/child-access-prevention/

The swamp monsters live in NC.

• Useful 1

20 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

The swamp monsters live in NC.

They do? I thought it was Horry County, SC? Thanks! In that case, NC DOES have the child access law but it only applies if the child actually uses or carries the firearm and they can still be store unsecured. And there’s no federal law it all. Ugh.

F0041716-D651-4A8D-9F06-86B7971D56A2.jpeg

E27C81EA-65DD-47C6-87B8-42301BB051BE.jpeg

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/child-consumer-safety/child-access-prevention/

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/state-law/50-state-summaries/safe-storage-state-by-state/

Edited by Rebecca
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

They do? I thought it was Horry County, SC? Thanks! In that case, NC DOES have the child access law but it only applies if the child actually uses or carries the firearm and they can still be store unsecured. And there’s no federal law it all. Ugh.

F0041716-D651-4A8D-9F06-86B7971D56A2.jpeg

E27C81EA-65DD-47C6-87B8-42301BB051BE.jpeg

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/child-consumer-safety/child-access-prevention/

She lived in Horry County, SC with Nathan. That's where Myrtle beach is! Ugh I got a ticket there last summer lol. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

She lived in Horry County, SC with Nathan. That's where Myrtle beach is! Ugh I got a ticket there last summer lol. 

Ah, thanks! When I think Horry, I think Jenelle. 🤣 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 10

14 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I wonder if the gun is another way to constantly threaten and exert control  over Jenelle and/or the kids - like, “I can shoot one or all of you in 2 seconds if I want because my gun is always right here and ready for me...”

100%. It's part of the psychological abuse he inflicts on them. He wants them to be aware just how much power he has, at all times. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 7

I hate to say this but if Jenelle finally got the strength to leave, she will have to go into hiding...Barb too for a little bit. I think David is too far gone at this point and now you add that he has a small arsenal in the mix, I can see him going on a killing spree at the realization that he can't control Jenelle anymore.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

what is scary is david while high might think one of the kids is an intruder and kill them. or one of the kids will pick up the gun and kill david or jenelle because that's all they see (violance and rage).

scary life for the kids :(.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

13 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

what is scary is david while high might think one of the kids is an intruder and kill them. or one of the kids will pick up the gun and kill david or jenelle because that's all they see (violance and rage).

scary life for the kids :(.

Also, UBT is violent, so it wouldn't be remotely surprising if one of the kids got one of his guns and shot him to protect themselves or another family member whom he was beating or threatening. I'm sure UBT feels invincible since he's the biggest and the owner of all the guns, but teaching the kids that the one with the gun is the one who's in control might backfire (no pun intended). Or the kids might take one of the guns and shoot someone who's bullying them at school or threatening them in some other way. Or just be playing with the gun and shoot themselves or one of the other kids.

I don't believe that UBT would be scrupulous about keeping his ample gun collection properly secured. Plus, he and Jenelle are often high/holed up away from the kids/focused on activities apart from the kids/etc. We saw that Jenelle was keeping a gun in her glove box, which I'm sure all the kids know. What's to stop them from going out to the car to retrieve it during their ample unsupervised time? If Jenelle didn't need it to threaten someone she followed home, she might not even know the gun was missing. I doubt that UBT even knows exactly how many guns/weapons he has or where they're all located. He seems to pride himself on having weapons and ammunition everywhere, so he's always "prepared" for the sudden appearance of any threat. It wouldn't surprise me at all if, while tweaked up on whatever drug, he ran around hiding weapons all over the property

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Also, UBT is violent, so it wouldn't be remotely surprising if one of the kids got one of his guns and shot him to protect themselves or another family member whom he was beating or threatening. I'm sure UBT feels invincible since he's the biggest and the owner of all the guns, but teaching the kids that the one with the gun is the one who's in control might backfire (no pun intended). Or the kids might take one of the guns and shoot someone who's bullying them at school or threatening them in some other way. Or just be playing with the gun and shoot themselves or one of the other kids.

Yes I thought this too. Are you familiar with the movie "Jason's Lyric"? I was reminded of the opening scene from that movie (Jason shoots his father with his father's gun while his mother was being beaten). I could see any of them being killed by firearms on The Land. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

On 2/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, lovesnark said:

Because he's an insecure, moronic lunatic. He only has the guts to pick on women and children. If confronted by a man, he'd run away screaming like a little girl. So, he carries his gun 24/7 in case a grown man should ever confront him. He can pull out his gun instead of running away.

Any way the universe could stop using the "little girl" analogy please? David wishes he could do anything as well as a little girl.

• Like 10

While I hope that the Evans/Eason nightmare is over, this makes me fear for the kids. The most dangerous time for a woman is when she decides to leave her abusive partner and given the weaponry that the Swamp Monster has, the kids could be at genuine risk. Even if this is just a fight and they aren't actually splitting up, they both have explosive tempers and a history of violence. I sincerely hope that Jace is with Barb, Kaiser is with Nathan, Kaden is with his mother and someone (anyone!) has Egghead and Marissa. 

Drugs, violence, weapons and highly strung, angry people doesn't end well. 

Project Capture (3)~2.jpg

Project Capture (4)~2.jpg

52013932_10158266838949358_1141707967767248896_n.jpg

• Like 4

I just read the article on google. But then she posts where is her husband. 

She is playing games with us hatters.

We know David didn't  leave as evidenced by the fact that Jenelle is still alive.

You know, even if Jenelle managed to leave David, she would find another abusive asshole on Tinder in no time because she can't stand to be alone.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Like 6