SilverStormm

Two And A Half Men

I laughed at some funny moments, but I would have preferred an actual storyline wrap up for the entire list of characters. I feel like they all got sacrificed in order to feed Lorre's fragile ego.

I do love me some Arnold though.

And why a shortened season?

$$$, Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer get a big raise every year they come back so making a shorter final season was less expensive.

While true, it was still a bid odd in the sense that if the show was no longer profitable, why bring it back for so many episodes (they could have wrapped everything up in a TV movie)? And if it was still profitable, then why not keep making it? Two and a Half Men still gets noticeably better ratings than most other comedies, including CBS' own. So I think even with the more expensive pay rate, the show was relatively more successful than other shows so it was odd to cancel it. I suppose they think they can get a cheaper show that can match the ratings, but I don't think that is necessarily true.

I actually liked Anger Management.  The prison group cracked me up.  Probably says something about me though. 

I liked it too. It's obvious some people did like it and some people didn't just like with Two And A Half Men and just about any other show on TV. 

• Like 1

From "The Sea Is A Harsh Mistress" episode. When Evelyn Harper had some fat removed from her butt and redistributed back into her lips. Did the actress Holland Taylor actually have a similar procedure performed on her, or was that just special effects make-up  and so on created on face?

We watch the Charlie era and mostly enjoy them but less and less as they changed Alan from a caring if pathetic family man into a mooching horndog who made no real effort to parent his teenager.  Anyway that said the episode I saw tonight really had me puzzled.  Charlie is dating Linda and connects with her son through the songs he supposedly wrote for Jake (first we hear of this) and Alan is paying household bills and seems to know exactly how much money Charlie has and where the money goes.  Alan is so concerned about the lack of income from Charlie's jingles that he gets involved in a drug test where he is 'clearly not in the placebo group'.  Anyway I don't expect much from this show but Alan the cheap moocher does not pay bills at Charlie's house and he does not have access to Charlie's bank account.  Ugh.

Since there were so few posts, I've reverted to a single thread in case anyone wants to discuss the show in the future.

MarkHB

On 11/7/2017 at 4:12 PM, dttruman said:

From "The Sea Is A Harsh Mistress" episode. When Evelyn Harper had some fat removed from her butt and redistributed back into her lips. Did the actress Holland Taylor actually have a similar procedure performed on her, or was that just special effects make-up  and so on created on face?

I assumed they called in David Cronenberg s makeup people for this one. Ha ha

I finally saw the CSI ep in full over the weekend. That one cracked me up!

On 4/2/2018 at 10:33 PM, CherryAmes said:

Alan is paying household bills and seems to know exactly how much money Charlie has and where the money goes.  Alan is so concerned about the lack of income from Charlie's jingles that he gets involved in a drug test where he is 'clearly not in the placebo group'.  Anyway I don't expect much from this show but Alan the cheap moocher does not pay bills at Charlie's house and he does not have access to Charlie's bank account.  Ugh.

He is paying alimony and child support to Judith, but I get my episodes of sequence. Is he also paying for Candy's bills also? I just know Charlie's about to come into a lot of money because of the children songs he come up with, for Linda's kid.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, dttruman said:

Was the lady with all the tatoos hired because she had all the tatoos or did she have temporary ones put on?

Do you mean the Hitler lady or the one who is a witch in Evelyn's coven?  Or is there another tattooed lady?  If you mean the Hitler one I hope those were temporary!!

8 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

the one who is a witch in Evelyn's coven?

Isabella, this actress also had a part in the episode that was about a website dedicated to Charlie. "Charlieharpersucks.com". I can't recall her tatoos in that episode.