Jump to content
OnceSane

S27.E09: Week 7: Country Night

Recommended Posts

Quote

Week 7 of the competition features a country theme, with the contestants dancing to country-music songs. Included: performances by Lauren Alaina, Chris Janson, LANCO, Carly Pearce and Cole Swindell.

Airs November 5, 2018.

Share this post


Link to post

Even the team dances screamed of misogyny this season.  I know the worst dancers were the team captains and in reality they would have been chosen last, but on one what planet are the only two remaining female celebs also the last two chosen for the teams.  Joe’s supposed reason for choosing Demarcus first was because he’s strong?  Well if you had chosen a female celeb first you would have their trained male pro partner, who are also strong and know how to lift and dance.  I’m sure the flip side will be people saying they were chosen for their female pros who can choreograph over Keo and Alan, but I’m so over the female celebs being afterthoughts.  On no planet should Demarcus and John be chosen for teams over Evanna and Alexis.

I also am just not into country music so I couldn’t get into most of the dances.  It’s very hard to judge a samba when it’s countrified.  Same for JP’s charleston.

Milo is still winning this season.  Get that mirrorball Witney.

While I’m very happy two males finally left and I even guessed who they would be ahead of time, I’m still annoyed that Joe and Bobby are never effing leaving.  Bobby got so much pimping tonight it’s ridiculous and Joe can just squat in the middle of the floor and get through.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I cannot believe that Joe was not eliminated tonight.  Both of the eliminated  men were better than him, especially DeMarcus.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

STILL?  He’s still there?

i hate to be crude, but I think he had a boner.  How humiliating.  Just quit man!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Shit, that scared me.

I was so terrified E & K were headed out the door. Especially since they got the usual kiss of death perfect 30 for a talented woman, it usually means the end of the road for a lot of them. 

I definitely think at least one right couple went home, kind of, sorry DeMarcus, but he just seemed to stall. John should have been traded for flat foot feeble Joe or the country radio guy, Bobby, imho. But frankly they both still were at least watchable compared to the other two, geez. 

I adored Evanna and Keo’s Rhumba, it was exquisite, her shapes, her hip action was fantadtic. That dance was so good it helped me tolerate the singer even. 

I feel like Evenna is Keo’s Kelly Pickler this season.

Kelly was able to just click and bond with Derek on such a special level that with her he came up with a lot of his best work, and I see the same with Keo’s handling of Evanna.

They get each other and her trust in him is unwavering. He has earned her respect and it shows.

I think, whatever happens, they have formed one of the most organic and genuine partnerships this show has ever had. 

Take note Alexis and Alan, sheesh...they are still just...no. 

Edited by AnswersWanted · Reason: My old age forgot names and things.
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Add me to the chorus of those wondering how Joe is still there. He should've gone home over DeMarcus at the very least tonight. 

Did enjoy the team dances in general, and with the exception of Bobby and Joe, I think everyone else was pretty strong tonight. 

Also, on a totally shallow note, Juan Pablo in a cowboy hat? Yeehaw, baby ;). DeMarcus looked pretty damn good during the team dance he was part of as well. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's clear that Joe is in the finale. I wouldn't even be surprised if he gets fourth or third place. He's not leaving next week so it's better to prepare for Juan Pablo and either Alexis or Evanna (likely Evanna) leaving next. 

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if Milo is a surprise elimination because of Joe's fans. Nothing surprises me anymore with Joe. I do feel bad for Joe, who seems like he's doing everything in his power to leave without (presumably) breaking contract. 

I knew John was a goner but I was convinced Evanna would follow him out the door. I'm thankful that the show either wants more than just Alexis in the semi-finals, or Demarcus was getting lower scores. If Evanna had left, there'd be no purpose for me to watch the Youtube dances anymore, not even for Milo. He's not enough for me to watch, but him and Evanna still sticking around is what is powering me through to next week.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't watched much this season.  And Joe is a prime example as to why.  They need to enact the Master P scoring so he can finally go. 

 

Juan Pablo and Milo are the final two.  And Evanna to make the finals.  The rest are "who, what, why are they still here?" 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I adored Evanna and Keo’s Rhumba, it was exquisite, her shapes, her hip action was fantadtic. That dance was so good it helped me tolerate the singer even. 

I feel like Evenna is Keo’s Kelly Pickler this season.

Kelly was able to just click and bond with Derek on such a special level that with her he came up with a lot of his best work, and I see the same with Keo’s handling of Evanna.

They get each other and her trust in him is unwavering. He has earned her respect and it shows. 

Obviously mileage varies, but I don't get the comparison between Kellie Pickler and Evanna at all.  One, I don't think most of Derek's best work was with Kellie.  Maybe a couple of dances, like the freestyle.  Subjective I know, but most everything else they did was forgettable.

Also I like Evanna/Keo just fine and really like Evanna.  I also think she has had her two best dances these past two weeks, but I would never put them on a list of all time great partnerships.  I think the best partnership this season, for me, is easily Milo/Witney.  That is the partnership I'm most likely to remember.  I do agree with you that Evanna trusts Keo completely, but I think a lot of the celebs put full trust in their partners.

Evanna might have been saved tonight by virtue of being on the winning team dance and getting a few extra points there, where Demarcus was on the losing team.  That could have been the difference between staying and going.

Edited by spanana
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

STILL?  He’s still there?

i hate to be crude, but I think he had a boner.  How humiliating.  Just quit man!

I thought so too!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I am a huge John Denver fan and the shout outs to John Denver from John Schneider made me a fan for life..I loved the hell out of his dance...and I knew he would go so it's no surprise but way to leave 'em wowed John..although I was a smidge disappointed that John didn't dance to his own song " #34  in Atlanta"..as I had that album as a kid...and the young fangirl in me would have died...

All of the contestants (minus Joe) killed it in their dances....I really loved almost all of it..although the first Team Dance was great..the second was nothing but sex on a stick...

I hope to see John back in the audience rooting on the others....

..and yes, we are stuck with Joe for the duration....

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, Joe and Bobby not even being at the bottom is crazy for this far into the competition. I liked John. I was not happy he left. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Country Week

Ohhhh boy, the dreaded double elimination!  Can they PLEASE stop saying YeeHaw! 

John/Emma:  Emma does a good job coming up with cute routines that her partners can handle (Jenna! Heads up!).  The only reason I don't mind all the extra dancers on the floor is that John is so tall, he's easy to spot in the crowd.  This whole lead-up seems overly emotional.  Is he feeling the danger of low scores last week?  A desperation move?  I don't know but I did enjoy the dance.  Not sure what to make of the scores.

Evanna/Keo:  Ouch! 2nd to dance.  They really really don't like her (or him?), now do they!    She's got the light & shade and the fast & slow but too many stop & poses. It's supposed to flow, constantly move from one action to the next.  This is Keo's fault. But definitely one of the better rumbas that I've seen on this show.  Hold on CAI.  She's not becoming a ballroom dancer by speed learning one dance a week. But I agree that Evanna is coming along wonderfully (though she was never as awkward as Kelly Osbourne starting out).

Juan Pablo/Cheryl:  Do you get the impression that most of the stars and pros (with a few exceptions) don't really like country music?  I'm picking up some mockery going on. Wow this is fast and loads of steps.  Not much Charleston and what looked like a flub at the end when sweeping his leg over Cheryl.  I really didn't care for this and much of the problem I think was the song.  Perfect score? I get the feeling they're trying to save him.  No way was that a perfect "Charleston".

Joe/Jenna:  Let's see. Dark floor, lots of troupe with similar outfits, flashing lights straight at the cameras (our eyes), yep! All she forgot was fog on the floor.   It wasn't bad for week 1 - stiff, awkward, heavy footed - except this is week 7.  I do think the "over-confidence" in the package was all a producer-driven script.

Milo/Witney:   His posture, at least in hold, has definitely improved.  A nice foxtrot.  Did not like the interruption in the middle to gaze at the singer.  The camera should be on the competing dancers at all times.  They can gaze at the singer during pro dances.  An awful lot of 10s tonight.

DeMarcus/Lindsay:  She's spinning and dancing like crazy while he mostly swayed in place.  A little balance issue as he was dragging her across the floor.  While dragging her in a circle, he actually tipped back on his heel - I've never seen anyone do that.  They even showed it in replay during judging.  It's a wonder no one mentioned it.

Alexis/Alan:  Oh please! He has feelings for her and gets all kissy. Didn't any of the male pros pull him aside after last week's show? Oh well. A passable samba. She just doesn't move her hips.  CAI tried to explain her problem saying she dances too high.  She doesn't dig down into the floor which has been a problem with all her dances. No way was that worth any 10s.

Bobby/Sharna:  What's with all the breakaways to gaze at the singer?  His posture is a mess, his frame is a mess, at one point he was running across the floor in little baby steps. But boy! He sure is trying!  He was so happy for 8s. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I just like this guy.

Team Bobby:  Some sync issues.  Evanna blended right in with the lady pros.  The men's choreo was simple enough that Bobby could keep up.  Good job.  That's a very high score.  Sets a high bar for Team Joe.

Team Joe:  How many ways can they hide Joe? LOL! Even riding a bull while the others dance.  But on the lineup at the table, they put him right up front! Go figure! But they kept every one moving and mixing it up so it was hard to follow anyone.

Ohhhh Thank goodness Evanna is safe.  I hope this gets her tons of votes tonight.  I can think of 2 others I'd rather see go before John. Oh well.

Edited by Uke
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, spanana said:

Even the team dances screamed of misogyny this season.  I know the worst dancers were the team captains and in reality they would have been chosen last, but on one what planet are the only two remaining female celebs also the last two chosen for the teams.  Joe’s supposed reason for choosing Demarcus first was because he’s strong?  Well if you had chosen a female celeb first you would have their trained male pro partner, who are also strong and know how to lift and dance.  I’m sure the flip side will be people saying they were chosen for their female pros who can choreograph over Keo and Alan, but I’m so over the female celebs being afterthoughts.  On no planet should Demarcus and John be chosen for teams over Evanna and Alexis.

Milo is still winning this season.  Get that mirrorball Witney.

 I’m still annoyed that Joe and Bobby are never effing leaving.  Bobby got so much pimping tonight it’s ridiculous and Joe can just squat in the middle of the floor and get through.

THIS!  How is it possible the girls were chosen last for the teams?  How about instead of having the worst men as Captains, have the only remaining females as Captains?!

Joe literally rode a bull for half the group dance.  How is it possible that he’s still on? Are people only voting for him?

 

Could Alan be any less thrilled he has to have a showmance with Alexis?  It’s probably the only way they are still on the show.

 

If Milo doesn’t win they should just cancel the show.

 

Joe really made it to the semis with no dancing ability?  Hopefully Bachelornation will turn out at the real polls tomorrow.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sad DeMarcus and John left, especially before Joe. I think America just hates black/white men and/or football players/80s nostalgia stars. 

In the old days, yes...there was always a shocking elimination or two. This season has just gone way beyond that. Between the worst dancers still being there, the whacked out dance schedule (two dances in week 1?!?), the showmance being shoved so blatantly down our throats...WTF is going on? I hope this new show runner is one and done.

Next week is the semi-finals and this week we still had 8 contestants left. I think that's what's really bothering me about this season the most. If the season was a week shorter than usual, then there should've been less contestants. And they shouldn't have skipped an elimination on Disney week. They're dragging this out way too much and keeping too many people around way too long into the competition.

I've decided I would like Evanna much more, and probably pull for her to win, if she was partnered with anyone but Keo. I just don't care for him at all. I'm officially throwing my hat into the ring now for Milo to win it all.

I can't even comment on the fake showmance because I went outside. I can't bear to even watch these two anymore. I was never much of an Alan fan but not surprised he's following in the Chmerkovskiy footsteps. He should've looked to Artem as his role model.

I did enjoy Bobby's team dance much more than Joe's so there is that. I'm glad they got the higher score.

Can we please have just one pro dance featuring Val that isn't ruined by him dancing with Jenna? Thank you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I did agree with Carrie Anne (shocking I know!) that the 2nd team dance had too much going on and it was hard to know where to look.  I know they were saddled with Joe, but the choreo wasn't very cohesive.  Bobby's team was more simplistic but I also thought it was more unified and the choreo made more sense for a group dance.  For a group dance, always go for easy things that can be done in sync.  Especially when dealing with sucky dancers.   

I was also trying to figure out some of the costumes tonight.  What was supposedly country about colored face paint and feathers in the hair (like Joe/Jenna had)?  I don't need to see everyone in plaid shirts and daisy dukes, but the face paint and feathers confused me.

Edited by spanana
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Bobby's team was more simplistic but I also thought it was more unified and the choreo made more sense for a group dance.

They also basically copied the beginning of their dance (with the tables) from the Team Nightmare dance from two or three years ago.

I'm only complaining because it's a crappy thing to do. Team Nightmare was awesome.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Toonces464 said:

'm sad DeMarcus and John left, especially before Joe. I think America just hates black/white men and/or football players/80s nostalgia stars. 

O please this show loves some black men esp. Football players. This show hates black women. I mean who has won the most, please make it make sense because I do not understand ur comment. I agree Demarcus should not have left before Joe and Bobby tho but America and this show do not hate black men, the mirrorball winners prove it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Geez, I may have to re-register all my old voting names and vote on-line for someone, probably Milo & Evanna to get Joe out of there. I haven't voted in 8 or 10 years. I keep saying Joe can't possibly win, but I have been majorly wrong in more important votes.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, McManda said:

They also basically copied the beginning of their dance (with the tables) from the Team Nightmare dance from two or three years ago.

I'm only complaining because it's a crappy thing to do. Team Nightmare was awesome.

Not only was that copied straight from that dance (which is one of my fave dances on the show ever), that's the part where I felt the team was out of sync the most. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Joe really made it to the semis with no dancing ability?  Hopefully Bachelornation will turn out at the real polls tomorrow.

Um be careful what you wish for. Lol

anyone else feel like it was amateur night for directing? I kept wondering why they kept panning in so I couldnt see everything or coming back late from the song cutaways. Wasn’t great.

ill miss John. I found him delightful. And yea we are totally stuck with Joe. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldnt be surprise if Joe actually won or made top 2, the way things r going. His fanbase is ridiculous and they r not letting him go anywhere. To never be in the bottom with some of the lowest scores ever on dwts, shows that is fanbase means business. I think the only way to get Joe out of the competition at this point is the producers will have to step in and do some manipulation, maybe a bad edit or two or just throwout all his votes which I know they want do but hey Joe is not going anywhere and neither is Bobby. I don't feel like either of the women r going to make top 3. I feel like its going to be an all male top 3 with Milo, Juan and toss up between Joe or Bobby.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

O please this show loves some black men esp. Football players. This show hates black women. I mean who has won the most, please make it make sense because I do not understand ur comment. I agree Demarcus should not have left before Joe and Bobby tho but America and this show do not hate black men, the mirrorball winners prove it.

This show loves black male athletes and Carlton. I started seriously loathing Len after seeing how he treated Mario 2.0.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, gohawks said:

This show loves black male athletes and Carlton. I started seriously loathing Len after seeing how he treated Mario 2.0.

They loved Jordan too. I mean he is biracial but still considered black. 

Share this post


Link to post

I try to tell people this all the Time!!!  These shows are fixed!!!!   The producers have picked who they want to win from the beginning. Of course I'm a little surprised at Joe...they keep letting him stay. Could it be He is who they picked to be the winner?  Shaking my head!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, NotSurprised said:

I try to tell people this all the Time!!!  These shows are fixed!!!!   The producers have picked who they want to win from the beginning. Of course I'm a little surprised at Joe...they keep letting him stay. Could it be He is who they picked to be the winner?  Shaking my head!!!

If Joe wins, he will be the first horrible dancer to ever win the show. I mean Donny Osmond wasnt that good but he wasnt cringeworthy awful like Joe. I think if Joe win, it will cheapen the show bigtime, noone ever take this show seriously again.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, vdw84 said:

If Joe wins, he will be the first horrible dancer to ever win the show. I mean Donny Osmond wasnt that good but he wasnt cringeworthy awful like Joe. I think if Joe win, it will cheapen the show bigtime, noone ever take this show seriously again.

People take it that seriously to begin with?

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, spanana said:

Obviously mileage varies, but I don't get the comparison between Kellie Pickler and Evanna at all.  One, I don't think most of Derek's best work was with Kellie.  Maybe a couple of dances, like the freestyle.  Subjective I know, but most everything else they did was forgettable.

Also I like Evanna/Keo just fine and really like Evanna.  I also think she has had her two best dances these past two weeks, but I would never put them on a list of all time great partnerships.  I think the best partnership this season, for me, is easily Milo/Witney.  That is the partnership I'm most likely to remember.  I do agree with you that Evanna trusts Keo completely, but I think a lot of the celebs put full trust in their partners.

Evanna might have been saved tonight by virtue of being on the winning team dance and getting a few extra points there, where Demarcus was on the losing team.  That could have been the difference between staying and going.

 

 

I am sure Evanna probably isn’t a viewer darling, but I enjoy her and have always liked Keo.

For me Kelly and Derek had a nice bond, frankly I never liked him as much with anyone else as I did with her, maybe because she made him more down to earth and less blonde play boy so full of himself, but of course ymmv.  Well maybe lil’ Kim is a close second, they were just adorable. 

And their AT and Quickstep were bomb imo, heh, but back to this season. 

I am no fan of Milo myself.

He’s a fine kid but I had enough of the Disney kid last season, last “real” season, with Jordan. Milo is not such an amazing dancer, for a guy, that he blows me away at all and Witney...is herself and her repetitive moves no longer impress me. 

So of course he’ll probably end up winning l heh. 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

If Joe wins, he will be the first horrible dancer to ever win the show. I mean Donny Osmond wasnt that good but he wasnt cringeworthy awful like Joe. I think if Joe win, it will cheapen the show bigtime, noone ever take this show seriously again.

Joe and Donny Osmond were nowhere near on the same level.  Even if one didn't like Donny, and I agree he wasn't the best dancer that season, but he wasn't a bad dancer and he was a good performer.   Joe and Donny are not comparable in any way.  Nor was Donny even the worst dancer to ever win this show.  See Helio.  And even Helio was better than Joe.  Everyone is better than Joe.  Just about everyone eliminated this season was better than Joe.  

Quote

He’s a fine kid but I had enough of the Disney kid last season, last “real” season, with Jordan. Milo is not such an amazing dancer, for a guy, that he blows me away at all and Witney...is herself and her repetitive moves no longer impress me. 

Jordan is not a kid.  He's a fully grown adult.

Edited by spanana
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

So sad about John. I loved his spirit and how much fun he seemed to be having. Yes, he wasn’t the best dancer but, I liked watching him and I rooted for him. I also thought that Demarcus would be in the final. I guess I was wrong. 

Alexis and Alan can go. Like I said last week I don’t like showmances. It just seems really fake to me because they know all about the cameras and yet they won’t talk about it with the hosts. Only time will tell. I do feel like the producers are trying really hard to get her to the final because I think that she’s signed for the tour. 

Could Val dance with someone other then Jenna for once. And could Jenna go back to the troupe. She’s not a good teacher and her winning the mirror ball with AR was a fluke or something.(I admit to only watching half of that season.) She needs to get over her “All About Me” attitude. I don’t like the fact that Joe will probably be in the final.

At first I was glad that Bobby made it to country week. But after I thought about it why wouldn’t he make it to country week. Country is what he does for a living. I love Sharna and I want her to finally get that mirror ball but, maybe not with Bobby.

And Oh Hey the “Juniors” haven’t been shoved down our throats for two weeks now!

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I don't feel like either of the women r going to make top 3. I feel like its going to be an all male top 3 with Milo, Juan and toss up between Joe or Bobby.

I'm pretty positive the top three will be Joe, Bobby, and Milo. I'm less convinced about Juan Pablo, actually. Bobby's fanbase is just as rabid as Joe's, if not more so. And with Milo being a fan favourite this year, I think Juan Pablo could be squeaked out of the top three with him not having as vocal of a fanbase as those three. I'd be surprised if Joe ISN'T in the top three, at this rate. 

I rewatched both team dances just now. Team HayNow was definitely better, and a lot of it has to do with better choreography since they didn't need to cater to Joe and Bobby's decent enough where he can keep up with some of the choreography. It was more in sync and Team Joe Down could have never choreographed something that cohesive...again, because of Joe (hence why they kept sticking him away from the cameras as much as possible). 

I think Evanna did a better job with keeping up to the female pros than Alexis, although that's not to say Alexis didn't keep up either. Putting aside her showmance with Alan (it helps that I only watch the Youtube version without the pre-package or anything), she is a beautiful dancer and I think she can definitely dance. The choreography just wasn't good for her since they decided to focus more on Juan Pablo in that team dance. 

With HayNow, I think they utilized the team more and actually choreographed a 90% dance with only 10% dedicated to utilizing props and the set. Also, I caught this on rewatch, but the beginning of the dance, before they all moved to the tables, was hilarious. Milo was dancing with the scarecrow! His facial expression when the camera was focused on him as the music started was absolutely fantastic. John was milking the fake cow! When I first watched, I was disappointed that they didn't have spotlight solos on each pair. But I think the way that they did it here was good. Instead of Evanna having a little spotlight with Keo, she danced twice with the other female pros. Milo and Bobby got a spotlight moment with their partners. John got a little spotlight moment with Keo and Milo (LOL at it not being Bobby). 

The only critique I really have of HayNow's dance is that, at one point, Emma was completely blocking Evanna. 

I will say, for Alexis and Evanna, I think I could tell how both women were completely nervous. I can't imagine they haven't noticed the women dropping like flies, so I think they believed that they could be going home tonight. I felt like both women showed their nervousness through their team dance. They were a little soft in their moves. That's obviously not exactly their fault. If I had seen every other woman leave while all the men were still there, I'd be nervous too. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I didnt like neither team dances tbh. I just think this whole season has been wack and is just about to get wacker. Dwts got get it together because honey, this season has been bad.

Just now, spanana said:

ordan is not a kid.  He's a fully grown adult.

Sometimes, I forget Jordan is an adult too. I thought he was just 17 or 18 when he competed and he looks really young on dwts juniors. Maybe because he is so skinny, I don't know.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

Geez, I may have to re-register all my old voting names and vote on-line for someone, probably Milo & Evanna to get Joe out of there. I haven't voted in 8 or 10 years. I keep saying Joe can't possibly win, but I have been majorly wrong in more important votes.

Don't worry. The judges always make the choice from the 3 finalists.  The viewers select the finalists and then on Tuesday, the final show, there's one more dance where the judges can adjust the scores to get the "winner" they want.  Remember Bristol?  She was knocking people out left and right with her Mom's fans and the Vote For The Worst group.  They just adjust the scores on the last dance.  If they like how the scores and votes played out, only then do they give everyone 10s.  The show would "jump the shark" if it ever let Joe "win".  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Uke said:

Don't worry. The judges always make the choice from the 3 finalists.  The viewers select the finalists and then on Tuesday, the final show, there's one more dance where the judges can adjust the scores to get the "winner" they want.  Remember Bristol?  She was knocking people out left and right with her Mom's fans and the Vote For The Worst group.  They just adjust the scores on the last dance.  If they like how the scores and votes played out, only then do they give everyone 10s.  The show would "jump the shark" if it ever let Joe "win".  

There is no Tuesday final show this year.  The finale is all going to be one night on Monday so it will even be shadier than normal.  It was just announced today.

Edited by spanana
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Bobby got pimped tonight big time. It is obviously due to his American Idol connection. It is a total injustice that Joe is now in semi-finals. Let that sink in for a minute. No way should DeMarcus and John had to leave tonight. Not when Bobby and shop cart boy Joe is still hanging around. At this rate, would not be surprised to see Joe win it all. It probably won't happen, but this season has been one big clusterf*k. 

That being said, I hope Milo wins and Witney has her 2nd MBT. Evanna for 2nd, Alexis for 3rd, and Juan Pablo for 4th. 

And I guess a fake showmance  still works on DWTS. There sure are a lot of dumb viewers out there. Alexis/Alan were not in jeopardy for once. 

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I like Milo but I hope Evanna takes it all. Evanna and keo r the only things that can save this season being a complete travesty. I dont even care if Joe or Bobby come in second to her, I just need her to win. I think Keo and Evanna would make for better win this season anyway because they were underrated from the beginning, actually had real growth that is worth something and this will be keo's first win and finally a woman winning out of three seasons, so its a win win and Keo will be the first black pro to ever win dwts. I mean can we all kinds of history will be made if they win.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I liked both team dances.  I especially enjoyed watching how they had to hide joe during his team dance but obviously forgot to place him away from the judges table.

I guess I will just give in and be pro Grocery Store Joe.  I must be missing something so I’m just going to roll with it.  Vote best of the worst!  joe FTW!

1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

I like Milo but I hope Evanna takes it all. Evanna and keo r the only things that can save this season being a complete travesty. I dont even care if Joe or Bobby come in second to her, I just need her to win. I think Keo and Evanna would make for better win this season anyway because they were underrated from the beginning, actually had real growth that is worth something and this will be keo's first win and finally a woman winning out of three seasons, so its a win win and Keo will be the first black pro to ever win dwts. I mean can we all kinds of history will be made if they win.

You may want to take an early leave LOL because I’m shocked she didn’t get the boot tonight.  No way she wins versus what is happening in these voting sessions.  joe and Bobby both must have rabid fan bases.  Milo and Juan are both actually good.  Your girl is a goner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Evanna was spectacular. Loved the emotion she had and her musicality. The light and shade and costuming was great.

She's the dark horse and has been since the premiere. I would love for her to steal the win, but she won't so let's hope she can make the finals.

Not shocked John left because he was the only guy in the original week 1 bottom 6, DeMarcus though was a bit shocking. NFL star with a super popular pro, yes he was plateauing but I thought he'd have the juice for top 6 at least.

Note: DeMarcus and Tinashe had the highest week 1 score and both are gone before the semifinals. This'll be the first time the winner didn't get the highest or tie for the highest score week 1 since Meryl in season 18.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, HappyDancex2 said:

I liked both team dances.  I especially enjoyed watching how they had to hide joe during his team dance but obviously forgot to place him away from the judges table.

I guess I will just give in and be pro Grocery Store Joe.  I must be missing something so I’m just going to roll with it.  Vote best of the worst!  joe FTW!

You may want to take an early leave LOL because I’m shocked she didn’t get the boot tonight.  No way she wins versus what is happening in these voting sessions.  joe and Bobby both must have rabid fan bases.  Milo and Juan are both actually good.  Your girl is a goner.

I know, she doesnt stand a fighting chance at this point but I just loved how sounded when I put all together, lol.

Just now, PBGamer89 said:

DeMarcus and Tinashe had the highest week 1 score and both are gone before the semifinals. This'll be the first time the winner didn't get the highest or tie for the highest score week 1 since Meryl in season 18.

Early predicted top two gone and out of the competition. Not even on made it to the finals, what a season this was.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Evanna has been in jeopardy 3 times. The odds of her winning aren't good at all. When was the last time a winner was in the bottom much less that many times? As good as she is she likely isn't inspiring a ton of votes.

I guess I'm not shocked by DeMarcus leaving. Yeah it sucks he left before Joe or Bobby but he's been slowly losing momentum for weeks now. That initial bottom appearance was the red flag he wasn't getting the votes.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, howmanywords said:

Evanna has been in jeopardy 3 times. The odds of her winning aren't good at all. When was the last time a winner was in the bottom much less that many times? As good as she is she likely isn't inspiring a ton of votes.

I guess I'm not shocked by DeMarcus leaving. Yeah it sucks he left before Joe or Bobby but he's been slowly losing momentum for weeks now. That initial bottom appearance was the red flag he wasn't getting the votes.

Twice, Week 4 and tonight. That's it.

I don't expect her to win cause she's a woman and we know women don't win anymore. But i'd love her to make the top 3.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, spanana said:

There is no Tuesday final show this year.  The finale is all going to be one night on Monday so it will even be shadier than normal.  It was just announced today.

 

That's interesting. But I'm sure they'll still find a way to override a bad viewer choice for winner.  I doubt they would risk the whole "stature" (or being viewed as a joke) of the show for Joe and Bachelor Nation.  They could also dust off the 2 and 3 paddles for next week.

Edited by Uke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PBGamer89 said:

Twice, Week 4 and tonight. That's it.

I don't expect her to win cause she's a woman and we know women don't win anymore. But i'd love her to make the top 3.

Evanna winning at this point does seem pretty dim but since this is the season of surprises on top of surprises on top of surprises, then anything is possible.  I guess getting Evanna to the finals is good enough and finally getting to see a keo freestyle. I know keo doesnt have alot of fans on here but I think most of us can admit this has been his best season. He has improved so much as a choreographer, mentor/teacher and just overall pro. Sometimes it just takes that certain partner. Some pros can work with anyone and bring magic but for others esp. keo he just needs that one to just bring out his true talent. I think back to what Keo said in week 1 regarding Evanna, that he was going to turn her into a dancer and my Godly didnt he. He kept his word and now this girl is going into the semifinals as a dancer.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Alexis and Alan has to have one of the most unpopular showmances of alltime. Rather its real or not, alot people r over them. They r over their shenanigans and im one of them. What started off as good partnership has turned into a cringefest and I think some people r confused how Alexis could just dump her bf like that over guy she just known for a few weeks because her bf was at some of the early live showings so its just a big mess with them. She still dont post nothing about alan and her so I have clue wth is going on.

Just now, tedd said:

joe is a bug that can’t be killed. he is the bristol palin of this season. 

I don't even think Bristol was this bad. Joe is on master P level bad, just dont have the attitude but dance ability is right up there and that is bad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Bristol had some levels of dance ability, she was just annoying with an annoying family.

Joe is bad, looks bored all the time, and has never improved. He's getting by on the regular guy being a non ringer vote.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×