Jump to content
COESpiral

In The Media: DWTS

Recommended Posts

Right, a part of the whole that shouldn't be hidden. But I guess I didn't feel like it was hidden with Adam, just not a primary focus. YMMV, of course, and you definitely have a perspective I can't pretend to really understand, even though I hope I try. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Artem is apparently dating Nikki Bella for those who care. Good for him for getting a girlfriend. Now all that needs to happen is for dwts to give him the ringeriest ringer of all time so he can go out with a mirror ball.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Artem is apparently dating Nikki Bella for those who care. Good for him for getting a girlfriend. Now all that needs to happen is for dwts to give him the ringeriest ringer of all time so he can go out with a mirror ball.

Come on Tessa Virtue!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/4/2019 at 2:06 PM, boyznkatz said:

Artem is apparently dating Nikki Bella for those who care. Good for him for getting a girlfriend. Now all that needs to happen is for dwts to give him the ringeriest ringer of all time so he can go out with a mirror ball.

Those two are the ones that did have flirting happening during her season.  But then I thought of John Cena who is HOT too and didn't think nothing of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Those two are the ones that did have flirting happening during her season.  But then I thought of John Cena who is HOT too and didn't think nothing of it.

From what I heard, John Cena didn't want to get married so they broke up, but maybe she was fooling around with Artem so they split. Who knows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Maya S said:

Come on Tessa Virtue!

If we are trying to get  the ringiest ringer, by the virtue (see what I did there? lol) of her being Canadian, idk how American viewer is going to vote for her... What's Tanith Belbin (how does Canada feel about her "defecting"?) up to these days? lol or Sasha Cohen...

 

for nostalgia fanbase... does Topanga have dancing background?

Edited by vavera4ka

Share this post


Link to post

The upcoming live performance of Rent on Fox has 3 former DWTS contestants. Jordan, Tinashe and Mario  Barrett.

Nice to see Mario getting some shine. He is so talented. (Len’s treatment of Mario earned my eternal dislike).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I too was coming here about Rent!  I've been seeing Jordan making the press rounds. And the rehearsal previews? Wow. Its going to amazing. It was like a simultaneous reminder of seeing how the DWTS audience was actually capable of choosing a talented winner and at the same time seeing Tinashe just reminded me of her early boot and how we got stuck with the worst winner ever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of former dwts peeps, a lot of them have washed ashore on The Masked Singer. Does anyone watch that? Margaret Cho got eliminated last night. She actually has a pretty good singing voice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Speaking of former dwts peeps, a lot of them have washed ashore on The Masked Singer. Does anyone watch that? Margaret Cho got eliminated last night. She actually has a pretty good singing voice.

We know...and we still love it ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not only The Masked Singer (and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of DWTS peeps on there that haven't been revealed yet), but Celeb Big Brother just started and it's also a DWTS cavalcade.  Jonathan Bennett, Ryan Lochte, Joey Lawrence, Tamar Braxton, Lolo Jones...that might be it or I might be forgetting someone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It's called the "Celebrity Reality Star Circuit"...and let's face it, who else do you think is going to do these shows?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, spanana said:

Not only The Masked Singer (and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of DWTS peeps on there that haven't been revealed yet), but Celeb Big Brother just started and it's also a DWTS cavalcade.  Jonathan Bennett, Ryan Lochte, Joey Lawrence, Tamar Braxton, Lolo Jones...that might be it or I might be forgetting someone.

And I've been playing degrees of separation.  Joey's brother is engaged to Cheryl.  Ryan had Cheryl as a partner...

Of course this is making me forecast who may be on in the future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

It's called the "Celebrity Reality Star Circuit"...and let's face it, who else do you think is going to do these shows?

Let's not forget Celebrity Family Feud.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

And I've been playing degrees of separation.  Joey's brother is engaged to Cheryl.  Ryan had Cheryl as a partner...

Of course this is making me forecast who may be on in the future. 

And Cheryl hasn't said a word about either.  I honestly have wondered about Cheryl's relationship with the Lawrence family, but I've heard lots of things about Joey being a diva and a big pain in the ass.  He also might have certain political leanings, but I'm not 100% sure about that.  However Cheryl is always posting when she and Matt are hanging with her family and not vice versa.  Either she doesn't post when she is with his family or they don't spend a lot of time with them.  She and Matt always go on vacation with her family, though her family I think probably has a lot more dough for fancy vacations.  Joey I believe declared bankruptcy a few years ago.

Plus I always go back to S3 where there was a lot of behind the scenes gossip about how one of the celebs was hated on set.  At this point I forget the specifics since it was so long ago, but the consensus at the time was that it was about Mario since Mario Lopez could also come off like a super douche.  Then I feel like a few years later something pointed to the fact that none of it was about Mario at all, but rather Joey Lawrence.  Which I could totally buy.  He seems like an odd dude.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Let's not forget Celebrity Family Feud.

And Celebrity Apprentice...

19 minutes ago, spanana said:

And Cheryl hasn't said a word about either.  I honestly have wondered about Cheryl's relationship with the Lawrence family, but I've heard lots of things about Joey being a diva and a big pain in the ass.  He also might have certain political leanings, but I'm not 100% sure about that.  However Cheryl is always posting when she and Matt are hanging with her family and not vice versa.  Either she doesn't post when she is with his family or they don't spend a lot of time with them.  She and Matt always go on vacation with her family, though her family I think probably has a lot more dough for fancy vacations.  Joey I believe declared bankruptcy a few years ago.

Plus I always go back to S3 where there was a lot of behind the scenes gossip about how one of the celebs was hated on set.  At this point I forget the specifics since it was so long ago, but the consensus at the time was that it was about Mario since Mario Lopez could also come off like a super douche.  Then I feel like a few years later something pointed to the fact that none of it was about Mario at all, but rather Joey Lawrence.  Which I could totally buy.  He seems like an odd dude.

That's interesting about the families.  Now that you say that, it is always her family.

And if you're watching Big Brother, you can see Joey doesn't seem like the down to earth type.  He just strikes me as swarmy and douchy.  The way he dresses/presents himself is almost costumey. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

And Celebrity Apprentice...

That's interesting about the families.  Now that you say that, it is always her family.

And if you're watching Big Brother, you can see Joey doesn't seem like the down to earth type.  He just strikes me as swarmy and douchy.  The way he dresses/presents himself is almost costumey. 

He also comes off like he has no desire to be there, which he probably doesn't.  Since the guy claimed bankruptcy a few years ago, I'm sure he just needed the paycheck.  On the feeds he claims he has all these projects in the works, but unlikely.

Also while this is not a reason to not like the guy or for proof of him being an ass, the weirdest thing about Joey Lawrence to me is that he refuses to let himself age and so makes himself look weirder as a result.  He still dresses like he's 20, probably does things to his face since a lot of his skin seems unable to move, draws on his hair/eyebrows, etc.  You aren't fooling anybody dude.  You would probably be a good looking middle aged guy if you just left it alone instead of trying to pretend you aren't aging.

Edited by spanana
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, spanana said:

He also comes off like he has no desire to be there, which he probably doesn't.  Since the guy claimed bankruptcy a few years ago, I'm sure he just needed the paycheck.  On the feeds he claims he has all these projects in the works, but unlikely.

Also while this is not a reason to not like the guy or for proof of him being an ass, the weirdest thing about Joey Lawrence to me is that he refuses to let himself age and so makes himself look weirder as a result.  He still dresses like he's 20, probably does things to his face since a lot of his skin seems unable to move, draws on his hair/eyebrows, etc.  You aren't fooling anybody dude.  You would probably be a good looking middle aged guy if you just left it alone instead of trying to pretend you aren't aging.

You nailed it.  I couldn't quite place it, hence me thinking it was costume-like.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×