Jump to content
frenchtoast

2018 Season 13 Current Squad & Social Media

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I could be wrong but it may have had to do with work schedules, injuries (Khalyn, Lauren) and availability.  Lacey is probably getting ready for Pro Bowl and learning the choreo they send ahead of time so I'm guessing that's why she wasn't included.

I agree but they probably also wanted a pretty “bouquet of hair colors” 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Monique said:

I agree but they probably also wanted a pretty “bouquet of hair colors” 

LOL.  You could be right!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

It does say cardiac nurse now.  But when this was all talked about it did not say cardiac nurse and that's where the discussion came from. People were just speculating. It may have been an error when the bios were first coming out. There were several errors.

Or she have said that her job was something other than nursing in some article or something. It's certainly possible that it was just temporary or that it was an error in the transcript/article.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Guess that means a 5th tap dancing finals performance to watch. Meh. 

(I have no positive or negative feelings towards her. She’s just...there.)

She’s one of the least sexy DCCs ever - her and Maddie are this.  Just so not hot.   I hope both of them retire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jumping back into the retirement topic here.  I've posted the roster and my opinion (as well as noted who's confirmed retirement or returning).  Please feel free to add or update if I've missed news of either status.

Alexis - I think she'll return as she's one of the stunners on the squad and a solid dancer.

Alanna - Likely to return and is on the upper end of dancing, but I need to rewatch some videos so I know how she performs.

Amber - She's average in looks and dance.  She could get cut for blending or stay, depending on what happens at auditions

Amy - Depends on whether she decides to retire or not.  I think she may be staying, but she's stuck around for four years, is a studio owner and a newlywed.  I love that she was a band geek as well AND a percussionist at that.  I wonder what she played and if she was pit or drumline.

Ashlee - I feel she's average in both dance and looks, but could get saved from "blender" status at auditions depending on who shows up.  We haven't heard about any attitude problems with this one.

Brennen - I don't see them cutting her at this point if she returns.  She may not be the strongest performer, but she seems to be steady, reliable, and dependable, which is what they need at this point.  I suspect that, if she stays, she could be a 2nd group leader depending on who stays and who retires.

Briana - Very pretty and seems to be a solid performer.  I think she's likely to stay and will do very well for herself.

Bridget - I like her looks, her confidence and her performance skills.  She seems likely to stay and could possibly be a 2nd group leader.

Caroline - I tend to forget about her, but she seems solid and middle-of-the-road.  She could get cut for blending, but she has connections so she might stay.

Christina - Rumored to be retiring.  Among the weakest dancers on the squad, rumored to have attitude problems at non-DCC events and has had some of the WEAKEST solos in the group, but, depending on who else leaves and who auditions, she could either be practically guaranteed a spot or cut at Finals if she returns.

Cianna - Seems to be a fun performer and very photogenic.  I predict she'll return.

Daphne - Likely to stay as she's a strong dancer and performer.

Erin - Another strong dancer and performer.  I think she'll return

Gabby - I think she may be a one-and-done because it's rumored she's been on weight watch her entire rookie year and had a few other issues. 

Gina - Will likely stay as long as they'll have her or until she decides it's time to move on.  I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a 2nd group leader spot, though hopefully she's better at teaching now then her rookie year.

Hannah - Will likely stay at least one more year, maybe more.  Definitely not the most photogenic, but an amazing dancer and, from the sounds of it, a great person as well.

Heather - I hope she stays longer, but she may be done.  Hopefully, if she stays, she'll get a 2nd group leader spot again or even group leader depending on who else goes or stays.

Jalyn - will likely stay a few more years, but she's already got some pro experience behind her so it's really how long she wants to stay in the NFL

Jessika - I wouldn't be surprised if she retires.  She's been such a blender that people are more surprised that she's still there.  Combined with her average solos, weight issues, and occasional below average interviews. . . .

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - I hope she stays, but the fact that she's engaged may say otherwise.  It really depends on when the wedding is or if there is one.  She's one of the most dynamic dancers they have though another of those not-entirely-photogenic girls.

Khalyn - She may retire due to injuries and life.  I think she's missed more games than any other girl to date that I know of and that's something I thought Kelli F would never allow.

Lexie - I hope she sticks around as she's pretty and a good dancer though she may be another middle-of-the-road girls.

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - Another one that I hope sticks around though she may decide that she's done enough NFL dancing and wants to pursue her career.

Maddie - Here's another one that I think (maybe even hope) retires.  Her weight has been an issue for at least the past year as has her looks.  She's great at hip-hop and average at the rest.  Her facials can be distracting.  She looks like someone's kid sister and not in the 18+ category which can be an issue.

Madeline - I hope she sticks around for at least another couple of years.  She's one of the most attractive girls on the squad though seems to be just above average in dancing.  Crossing my fingers.

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - She seems average to me in looks and her dancing wasn't memorable enough to me.  If she brings it throughout the year and steps it up for next year, then she should stay.

Rachel - Good, not great or a standout.  She's a blender.  I don't remember her at all.  I hope she did well throughout the year and steps it up next year if she wants to return.

Rachel W - Hmm. . . . average dancer.  She does good at the sexy and is well-spoken, but doesn't seem to have a filter in certain areas.  I'll have to wait and see with her though I'm leaning towards a one-and-done.

Savannah - She was weaker in 2017 and seems to wilt a bit under pressure.  I hope she did better in the 2018 season if she wants to return because she may be on the radar now when it comes to cuts.

Tasha - Has danced for the NBA and NFL for quite a while and is a mom.  I think she may have decided to hang up the boots while she's on top, but she may be aiming for group leader so who knows.

Taylor - She may be another one-and-done.  She lucked out this year, but the uniform doesn't look right on her and she seems a bit awkward when dancing due to her height.

Tess - May retire or go for her fifth year.  I'm on the fence with her.

Yuko - She's one of the ones that I think may retire.  She doesn't seem like she has anything more to prove, either to herself or to others.

 

So, to make it clear, I think most of the team will be returning.  For the 7 or 8 who will be retiring with KaShara and Lacey, I couldn't think of anyone besides Maddie, Tasha, and Yuko which leaves another 5 or so spots open.  I have marked a few as possibly retiring, but, since they could go either way, I'm not putting them on the list.  The only one I do NOT want to return is Christina.  She should have been cut her rookie year, she should have been cut last year and I hope she leaves before she DOES get cut so it will be HER choice to leave (though I obviously don't mind the thought of her getting cut AT ALL).

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Jumping back into the retirement topic here.  I've posted the roster and my opinion (as well as noted who's confirmed retirement or returning).  Please feel free to add or update if I've missed news of either status.

Alexis - I think she'll return as she's one of the stunners on the squad and a solid dancer.

Alanna - Likely to return and is on the upper end of dancing, but I need to rewatch some videos so I know how she performs.

Amber - She's average in looks and dance.  She could get cut for blending or stay, depending on what happens at auditions

Amy - Depends on whether she decides to retire or not.  I think she may be staying, but she's stuck around for four years, is a studio owner and a newlywed.  I love that she was a band geek as well AND a percussionist at that.  I wonder what she played and if she was pit or drumline.

Ashlee - I feel she's average in both dance and looks, but could get saved from "blender" status at auditions depending on who shows up.  We haven't heard about any attitude problems with this one.

Brennen - I don't see them cutting her at this point if she returns.  She may not be the strongest performer, but she seems to be steady, reliable, and dependable, which is what they need at this point.  I suspect that, if she stays, she could be a 2nd group leader depending on who stays and who retires.

Briana - Very pretty and seems to be a solid performer.  I think she's likely to stay and will do very well for herself.

Bridget - I like her looks, her confidence and her performance skills.  She seems likely to stay and could possibly be a 2nd group leader.

Caroline - I tend to forget about her, but she seems solid and middle-of-the-road.  She could get cut for blending, but she has connections so she might stay.

Christina - Rumored to be retiring.  Among the weakest dancers on the squad, rumored to have attitude problems at non-DCC events and has had some of the WEAKEST solos in the group, but, depending on who else leaves and who auditions, she could either be practically guaranteed a spot or cut at Finals if she returns.

Cianna - Seems to be a fun performer and very photogenic.  I predict she'll return.

Daphne - Likely to stay as she's a strong dancer and performer.

Erin - Another strong dancer and performer.  I think she'll return

Gabby - I think she may be a one-and-done because it's rumored she's been on weight watch her entire rookie year and had a few other issues. 

Gina - Will likely stay as long as they'll have her or until she decides it's time to move on.  I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a 2nd group leader spot, though hopefully she's better at teaching now then her rookie year.

Hannah - Will likely stay at least one more year, maybe more.  Definitely not the most photogenic, but an amazing dancer and, from the sounds of it, a great person as well.

Heather - I hope she stays longer, but she may be done.  Hopefully, if she stays, she'll get a 2nd group leader spot again or even group leader depending on who else goes or stays.

Jalyn - will likely stay a few more years, but she's already got some pro experience behind her so it's really how long she wants to stay in the NFL

Jessika - I wouldn't be surprised if she retires.  She's been such a blender that people are more surprised that she's still there.  Combined with her average solos, weight issues, and occasional below average interviews. . . .

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - I hope she stays, but the fact that she's engaged may say otherwise.  It really depends on when the wedding is or if there is one.  She's one of the most dynamic dancers they have though another of those not-entirely-photogenic girls.

Khalyn - She may retire due to injuries and life.  I think she's missed more games than any other girl to date that I know of and that's something I thought Kelli F would never allow.

Lexie - I hope she sticks around as she's pretty and a good dancer though she may be another middle-of-the-road girls.

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - Another one that I hope sticks around though she may decide that she's done enough NFL dancing and wants to pursue her career.

Maddie - Here's another one that I think (maybe even hope) retires.  Her weight has been an issue for at least the past year as has her looks.  She's great at hip-hop and average at the rest.  Her facials can be distracting.  She looks like someone's kid sister and not in the 18+ category which can be an issue.

Madeline - I hope she sticks around for at least another couple of years.  She's one of the most attractive girls on the squad though seems to be just above average in dancing.  Crossing my fingers.

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - She seems average to me in looks and her dancing wasn't memorable enough to me.  If she brings it throughout the year and steps it up for next year, then she should stay.

Rachel - Good, not great or a standout.  She's a blender.  I don't remember her at all.  I hope she did well throughout the year and steps it up next year if she wants to return.

Rachel W - Hmm. . . . average dancer.  She does good at the sexy and is well-spoken, but doesn't seem to have a filter in certain areas.  I'll have to wait and see with her though I'm leaning towards a one-and-done.

Savannah - She was weaker in 2017 and seems to wilt a bit under pressure.  I hope she did better in the 2018 season if she wants to return because she may be on the radar now when it comes to cuts.

Tasha - Has danced for the NBA and NFL for quite a while and is a mom.  I think she may have decided to hang up the boots while she's on top, but she may be aiming for group leader so who knows.

Taylor - She may be another one-and-done.  She lucked out this year, but the uniform doesn't look right on her and she seems a bit awkward when dancing due to her height.

Tess - May retire or go for her fifth year.  I'm on the fence with her.

Yuko - She's one of the ones that I think may retire.  She doesn't seem like she has anything more to prove, either to herself or to others.

 

So, to make it clear, I think most of the team will be returning.  For the 7 or 8 who will be retiring with KaShara and Lacey, I couldn't think of anyone besides Maddie, Tasha, and Yuko which leaves another 5 or so spots open.  I have marked a few as possibly retiring, but, since they could go either way, I'm not putting them on the list.  The only one I do NOT want to return is Christina.  She should have been cut her rookie year, she should have been cut last year and I hope she leaves before she DOES get cut so it will be HER choice to leave (though I obviously don't mind the thought of her getting cut AT ALL).

I couldn’t agree with you more on gabby 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Bennie said:

Surprised to see 2 year vets chosen for this special occasion over more tenured vets or even group leaders.  Wonder who chooses the girls who get to go?  

Boy, what an unflattering photo of Miranda.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s one of the least sexy DCCs ever - her and Maddie are this.  Just so not hot.   I hope both of them retire.

Amy may not be “sexy” but she’s adorable, bright, a great dancer and very “all-American” for America’s Sweethearts. I think she fits in perfectly 

Obviously I’m a big Amy fan, but her game day girl clip is a great example of a DCC! 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Amy may not be “sexy” but she’s adorable, bright, a great dancer and very “all-American” for America’s Sweethearts. I think she fits in perfectly 

Obviously I’m a big Amy fan, but her game day girl clip is a great example of a DCC! 

 

I agree. I really like her. She seems happy ;-)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/19/2018 at 3:01 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Thanks :)

The "girls" do appear to be about to pop out.  Poor Bridget.  Wonder if that's ever happened to anyone in uniform? @ShellyB?

Not to my knowledge...the blouse is pretty supportive and fitted to each girl.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Jumping back into the retirement topic here.  I've posted the roster and my opinion (as well as noted who's confirmed retirement or returning).  Please feel free to add or update if I've missed news of either status.

Alexis - I think she'll return as she's one of the stunners on the squad and a solid dancer.

Alanna - Likely to return and is on the upper end of dancing, but I need to rewatch some videos so I know how she performs.

Amber - She's average in looks and dance.  She could get cut for blending or stay, depending on what happens at auditions

Amy - Depends on whether she decides to retire or not.  I think she may be staying, but she's stuck around for four years, is a studio owner and a newlywed.  I love that she was a band geek as well AND a percussionist at that.  I wonder what she played and if she was pit or drumline.

Ashlee - I feel she's average in both dance and looks, but could get saved from "blender" status at auditions depending on who shows up.  We haven't heard about any attitude problems with this one.

Brennen - I don't see them cutting her at this point if she returns.  She may not be the strongest performer, but she seems to be steady, reliable, and dependable, which is what they need at this point.  I suspect that, if she stays, she could be a 2nd group leader depending on who stays and who retires.

Briana - Very pretty and seems to be a solid performer.  I think she's likely to stay and will do very well for herself.

Bridget - I like her looks, her confidence and her performance skills.  She seems likely to stay and could possibly be a 2nd group leader.

Caroline - I tend to forget about her, but she seems solid and middle-of-the-road.  She could get cut for blending, but she has connections so she might stay.

Christina - Rumored to be retiring.  Among the weakest dancers on the squad, rumored to have attitude problems at non-DCC events and has had some of the WEAKEST solos in the group, but, depending on who else leaves and who auditions, she could either be practically guaranteed a spot or cut at Finals if she returns.

Cianna - Seems to be a fun performer and very photogenic.  I predict she'll return.

Daphne - Likely to stay as she's a strong dancer and performer.

Erin - Another strong dancer and performer.  I think she'll return

Gabby - I think she may be a one-and-done because it's rumored she's been on weight watch her entire rookie year and had a few other issues. 

Gina - Will likely stay as long as they'll have her or until she decides it's time to move on.  I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a 2nd group leader spot, though hopefully she's better at teaching now then her rookie year.

Hannah - Will likely stay at least one more year, maybe more.  Definitely not the most photogenic, but an amazing dancer and, from the sounds of it, a great person as well.

Heather - I hope she stays longer, but she may be done.  Hopefully, if she stays, she'll get a 2nd group leader spot again or even group leader depending on who else goes or stays.

Jalyn - will likely stay a few more years, but she's already got some pro experience behind her so it's really how long she wants to stay in the NFL

Jessika - I wouldn't be surprised if she retires.  She's been such a blender that people are more surprised that she's still there.  Combined with her average solos, weight issues, and occasional below average interviews. . . .

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - I hope she stays, but the fact that she's engaged may say otherwise.  It really depends on when the wedding is or if there is one.  She's one of the most dynamic dancers they have though another of those not-entirely-photogenic girls.

Khalyn - She may retire due to injuries and life.  I think she's missed more games than any other girl to date that I know of and that's something I thought Kelli F would never allow.

Lexie - I hope she sticks around as she's pretty and a good dancer though she may be another middle-of-the-road girls.

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - Another one that I hope sticks around though she may decide that she's done enough NFL dancing and wants to pursue her career.

Maddie - Here's another one that I think (maybe even hope) retires.  Her weight has been an issue for at least the past year as has her looks.  She's great at hip-hop and average at the rest.  Her facials can be distracting.  She looks like someone's kid sister and not in the 18+ category which can be an issue.

Madeline - I hope she sticks around for at least another couple of years.  She's one of the most attractive girls on the squad though seems to be just above average in dancing.  Crossing my fingers.

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - She seems average to me in looks and her dancing wasn't memorable enough to me.  If she brings it throughout the year and steps it up for next year, then she should stay.

Rachel - Good, not great or a standout.  She's a blender.  I don't remember her at all.  I hope she did well throughout the year and steps it up next year if she wants to return.

Rachel W - Hmm. . . . average dancer.  She does good at the sexy and is well-spoken, but doesn't seem to have a filter in certain areas.  I'll have to wait and see with her though I'm leaning towards a one-and-done.

Savannah - She was weaker in 2017 and seems to wilt a bit under pressure.  I hope she did better in the 2018 season if she wants to return because she may be on the radar now when it comes to cuts.

Tasha - Has danced for the NBA and NFL for quite a while and is a mom.  I think she may have decided to hang up the boots while she's on top, but she may be aiming for group leader so who knows.

Taylor - She may be another one-and-done.  She lucked out this year, but the uniform doesn't look right on her and she seems a bit awkward when dancing due to her height.

Tess - May retire or go for her fifth year.  I'm on the fence with her.

Yuko - She's one of the ones that I think may retire.  She doesn't seem like she has anything more to prove, either to herself or to others.

 

So, to make it clear, I think most of the team will be returning.  For the 7 or 8 who will be retiring with KaShara and Lacey, I couldn't think of anyone besides Maddie, Tasha, and Yuko which leaves another 5 or so spots open.  I have marked a few as possibly retiring, but, since they could go either way, I'm not putting them on the list.  The only one I do NOT want to return is Christina.  She should have been cut her rookie year, she should have been cut last year and I hope she leaves before she DOES get cut so it will be HER choice to leave (though I obviously don't mind the thought of her getting cut AT ALL).

Girl, I hope you enjoyed a cocktail or treat after writing all that out.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Jumping back into the retirement topic here.  I've posted the roster and my opinion (as well as noted who's confirmed retirement or returning).  Please feel free to add or update if I've missed news of either status.

Amber - She's average in looks and dance.  She could get cut for blending or stay, depending on what happens at auditions

Just wanted to say that Amber is on SG and her only “sin” was not being A+++ in the media training. I think she will return.

Re: Savanah, just because she improved and is nice, doesn’t mean she would make a good GL. She’s still their weakest dancer and when all GLs had a meeting with K&J, Maddie was the only one who looked scared. Savvy would be the same, she’s in no way confident enough (or a strong enough dancer) for such a prominent position. They would overlook more deserving candidates for her...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Amber - She's average in looks and dance. 

I thought she was on SG?

7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Hannah - Will likely stay at least one more year, maybe more.  Definitely not the most photogenic, but an amazing dancer and, from the sounds of it, a great person as well.

IMO I find her to be very photogenic!

7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Molly - She seems average to me in looks and her dancing wasn't memorable enough to me.  If she brings it throughout the year and steps it up for next year, then she should stay.

You see, I actually get a VERY good vibe with her on looks and dancing. Definitely hopes she stays.

Do agree with you a lot on some of the others though :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

RE Amber: She was the only rookie who made SG that I didn't understand. I would have put Cianna or Erin in SG before I even looked at Amber. And that was before the media training snafu she made. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Ashlee - I feel she's average in both dance and looks, but could get saved from "blender" status at auditions depending on who shows up.  We haven't heard about any attitude problems with this one.

hmmm - why the reference to attitude problems with Ashlee? She was one of the most positive girls with a lovely spirit on the show. Are you projecting some type of expectation on her or is the comment based on a substantiated rumor of potential atttitude issues?

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I’m a little sorry the season is over.

I  hope any veteran close to being cut would retire. There are always a couple that don’t. If only a handful of vets retire, I expect tryouts will be a real fight. I’m hoping that they get the same type of strong candidates that they did last year.

The show is better when the girls are more talented. I never completely bought the line that it was so hard last year because I felt they were protecting Victoria by not cutting people who were obviously better.

Overall, the rookies were a better caliber of learning the dances quickly - except the one girl who couldn’t remember anything but quit her job for the team. Melina, I think was her name.

I prefer them learn quickly and look solid on the field to watching the clueless girls continue to make mistakes through the entire series only to be cut at the end.

Edited by rose711

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

She's great at hip-hop and average at the rest.  Her

I know I am in the minority, but there is something about her hip-hop I don't like.  And I couldn't do hip hop if my life depended on it.  

I think some of the girls "look" as if they have a weight problem, but in reality they don't.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Just wanted to say that Amber is on SG and her only “sin” was not being A+++ in the media training. I think she will return.

Re: Savanah, just because she improved and is nice, doesn’t mean she would make a good GL. She’s still their weakest dancer and when all GLs had a meeting with K&J, Maddie was the only one who looked scared. Savvy would be the same, she’s in no way confident enough (or a strong enough dancer) for such a prominent position. They would overlook more deserving candidates for her...

 

4 hours ago, Lona said:

I thought she was on SG?

You see, I actually get a VERY good vibe with her on looks and dancing. Definitely hopes she stays.

Do agree with you a lot on some of the others though :)

I had forgotten Amber was on Show Group.  I had tried to find the list of those on Show Group as well as the Group Leaders but gave up, obviously too soon.  Anyways, that's a good sign for Amber should she choose to return among other things.

1 hour ago, milehigh said:

hmmm - why the reference to attitude problems with Ashlee? She was one of the most positive girls with a lovely spirit on the show. Are you projecting some type of expectation on her or is the comment based on a substantiated rumor of potential atttitude issues?

Again, another thing I'd forgotten (I should really re-watch the show before I post some of these things).  If I remember correctly, she was the one who'd been through things that would make a lot of people crack and crumble, but didn't seem to be resentful or bitter about it.  I rescind my statement about attitude problems.

14 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I’m a little sorry the season is over.

I  hope any veteran close to being cut would retire. There are always a couple that don’t. If only a handful of vets retire, I expect tryouts will be a real fight. I’m hoping that they get the same type of strong candidates that they did last year.

The show is better when the girls are more talented. I never completely bought the line that it was so hard last year because I felt they were protecting Victoria by not cutting people who were obviously better.

Overall, the rookies were a better caliber of learning the dances quickly - except the one girl who couldn’t remember anything but quit her job for the team. Melina, I think was her name.

I prefer them learn quickly and look solid on the field to watching the clueless girls continue to make mistakes through the entire series only to be cut at the end.

I think this past year truly had not only more truly talented girls to choose from than in recent years, but one of the strongest rookie classes in years. Many vets likely had to step it up in order to stay on the squad (plus a few who should have been cut but weren't).  They didn't do Victoria any favors by accepting her into Training Camp when there were several girls who were definitely stronger dancers as well as girls who were considered by many to be more talented and/or more physically attractive.  If she'd had honest judging (aside from my bias and the obvious favoritism), she would likely not have even made Training Camp, much less Finals due to being out-danced and out-performed in a lot of areas including dance.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

 

I think this past year truly had not only more truly talented girls to choose from than in recent years, but one of the strongest rookie classes in years. Many vets likely had to step it up in order to stay on the squad (plus a few who should have been cut but weren't).  They didn't do Victoria any favors by accepting her into Training Camp when there were several girls who were definitely stronger dancers as well as girls who were considered by many to be more talented and/or more physically attractive.  If she'd had honest judging (aside from my bias and the obvious favoritism), she would likely not have even made Training Camp, much less Finals due to being out-danced and out-performed in a lot of areas including dance.

1

Yes to all this. 

Retiring = we know Kashara and Lacey. 

Predict = Tasha (weight, age, been a pro dancer for a loooong time), Maddie (weight), Yuko and Lauren (did 3 years, injured some, really under radar now), Khalyn (injury), Heather? (kinda seems over it). 

Predict staying that others think will go = Amy, Kelli, Rachel W. 

If anybody seems one and done I don't know why but Hannah gives that vibe, and HANNAH PLEASE STAY WE LOVE YOU. 

Cuts = can't really seen any this time. Personally I'd ditch Christina, Jessika, but know Jessika is not going anywhere. Gabby maybe bc constant weight warning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I felt they were protecting Victoria by not cutting people who were obviously better.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  How did not cutting someone better protect Victoria?

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I know I am in the minority, but there is something about her hip-hop I don't like.  And I couldn't do hip hop if my life depended on it.  

I don't like it at all, I think she looks stompy and makes goofy faces.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I know I am in the minority, but there is something about her hip-hop I don't like.  

Agree.  She definitely wouldn't hold up against L.A. hip hop dancers.  Not saying she couldn't improve if she were to immerse herself in classes in L.A.  but for me, where she is now, just isn't up to the level that I consider strong in the genre.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Agree.  She definitely wouldn't hold up against L.A. hip hop dancers.  Not saying she couldn't improve if she were to immerse herself in classes in L.A.  but for me, where she is now, just isn't up to the level that I consider strong in the genre.  

Agreed. It’s hard for me to really pin down what I don’t care for in her hip hop dance, but there’s just something amateur about it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. It’s hard for me to really pin down what I don’t care for in her hip hop dance, but there’s just something amateur about it. 

It’s probably her overall look. She looks like a child and very immature and it doesn’t work well with the style. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I've been catching up on some of the Boots podcasts. The episode with Lexie and Madeline M was interesting. I didn't realize they're such good friends and Madeline will be a bridesmaid in Lexie's wedding.  Also they had their lockers next to each other back in 2017 TC. When Madeline came back she probably moved her locker (which she got in trouble with Kelli) to be close to Lexie. Lexie also mentioned that Jinnelle is living in a Days Inn. She's been in TX for 5 maybe 6 years now and works for the Cowboys. Why wouldn't she at least have an apartment? Lexie's mom went to school with a former DCC.

The podcast with Erin, Amber, and Miranda was the only one that Shannon asked the girls if they're auditioning again. He didn't ask in any of the others; unless it was too early in the season to ask.

Edited by MrsEVH

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

RE Amber: She was the only rookie who made SG that I didn't understand. I would have put Cianna or Erin in SG before I even looked at Amber. And that was before the media training snafu she made. 

She's a phenomenal dancer. She was on Kilgore's "Show Group" and the few snippets they showed of her solo was impressive.... enough to win her a Barbie, too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/22/2018 at 5:15 PM, Nene said:

Any and everything I know about the mechanics of dance and choreo would fit on the head of a very small pin with plenty of room left over for "War and Peace" BUT I agree! All the dances are starting to look the same, boring, the same moves but maybe in a different sequence.

She mentioned it in one of the interviews she did during TCC, that she'd danced in the Pro Bowl.

My sister and I were just talking about this!  We were like, it's "booty pop, boot pop, hair throw, arm throw, booty pop, boot pop"!  LOL!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

She's a phenomenal dancer. She was on Kilgore's "Show Group" and the few snippets they showed of her solo was impressive.... enough to win her a Barbie, too.

Christina got a Barbie too so those don't mean much to me. When I see her within her group she's not a stand out to me. And when I think back to memorable solos I don't remember hers. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

She's a phenomenal dancer. She was on Kilgore's "Show Group" and the few snippets they showed of her solo was impressive.... enough to win her a Barbie, too.

They need a Lacey 2.0. Who else is gonna "kick their nose"?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Christina got a Barbie too so those don't mean much to me. When I see her within her group she's not a stand out to me. And when I think back to memorable solos I don't remember hers. 

My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Tootie said:

My bad.

I used to think a Barbie was a big deal, but Christina got one for Persistence so they don't necessarily mean fabulous dancer. Of course, making SG her first year was hard I just don't see it---maybe I need to watch her more. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  How did not cutting someone better protect Victoria?

I don't like it at all, I think she looks stompy and makes goofy faces.

Because it was obvious she was the person to be cut and had been mentioned as the best cut by a couple of people including Kashara because of her attitude.

Kelli would hurt team morale even more by cutting people better than Victoria while keeping Victoria on the team. She would confirm the favoritism that she ended up confirming anyway.

So in my view she was protecting victoria from even more negativity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

So in my view she was protecting victoria from even more negativity.

Gotcha!  At first I thought you meant Victoria was protected from being cut, I totally misunderstood 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Girl on the left: not enough pop -- CUT!!!

Girl in the middle: too extra -- CUT!!!

Girl on the right:  blender -- CUT!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Just wanted to put in a good word for Christina, as many people here seem to dislike her intensely. If she ever peeks at the board, she will see she has at least one fan! 

On another note, can someone remind me approx. when this season's rookies receive their DCC rings? 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Just wanted to put in a good word for Christina, as many people here seem to dislike her intensely. If she ever peeks at the board, she will see she has at least one fan! 

On another note, can someone remind me approx. when this season's rookies receive their DCC rings? 

rookies get their pinky rings at the end of year banquet which is usually held not long before auditions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sad my boys lost! What a season and last game.....The only good thing about them ending season is that Kashara is finally going to be gone. Yes Ma'am hoping for a Chiefs win though 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

If she ever peeks at the board, she will see she has at least one fan! 

Make that two fans :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/13/2019 at 7:09 PM, MyFavShows said:

She’s one of the least sexy DCCs ever - her and Maddie are this.  Just so not hot.   I hope both of them retire.

Maddie..bless her heart. I think that she will die a DCC. She seems like she's going to ride the DCC train until they kick her off.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/15/2019 at 3:32 AM, Safefortheplanet said:

Who I hope stays...

Heather, Savannah, Yuko, Caroline, Khalyn, Lexie, Amber, Bridget, Gabby, Cianna, Rachel

Vet Rachel or Rookie Rachel W? Or Both?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Make that two fans :)

Three!

44 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Maddie..bless her heart. I think that she will die a DCC. She seems like she's going to ride the DCC train until they kick her off.

It's only her 3rd year. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's only her 3rd year. 

It feels like it's been longer, maybe cause she got such a prominent position in the triangle after only three years

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

It feels like it's been longer, maybe cause she got such a prominent position in the triangle after only three years

If I remember correctly, She got cut in her first training camp, so maybe that is why it seems longer?

She's actually one of my favorites, although there aren't too many I dislike.  I really enjoy watching her perform. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/13/2019 at 10:20 PM, PhillyFan said:

Amy may not be “sexy” but she’s adorable, bright, a great dancer and very “all-American” for America’s Sweethearts. I think she fits in perfectly 

Obviously I’m a big Amy fan, but her game day girl clip is a great example of a DCC! 

 

Danielle was the All American Girl/Americas Sweethearts type IMO - Amy doesn’t give me that vibe at all.  Just zero sex appeal - how do they even manage calendar shoot photos for her?  They probably look like catalog photos for selling the bathing suit to moms.

Edited by MyFavShows

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Danielle was the All American Girl/Americas Sweethearts type IMO - Amy doesn’t give me that vibe at all.  Just zero sex appeal - how do they even manage calendar shoot photos for her?  They probably look like catalog photos for selling the bathing suit to moms.

I wish I had her figure as a mom!

DOjV6YbVAAAfLfr.jpg

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

I wish I had her figure as a mom!

DOjV6YbVAAAfLfr.jpg

I wish I had her figure when I was in my 20s-30s, geez.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×