Jump to content
frenchtoast

2018 Season 13 Current Squad & Social Media

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

I never liked Angela :)

It's very possible the scene was subsequently edited (there are older episodes out there where I know certain things happened that are not shown now), but I rewatched this episode about a month ago, and all the choreographer pretty much said was the thing about nobody caring if you had a bad day when you're performing, and I didn't think she said it in a nasty or condescending way.  In my mind, the way Angela was behaving she needed to be reminded of that, and in my opinion it didn't have to be a former DCC or person in authority to give that reminder. 

I thought she was really out of line with the stuff she said to Angela.  My daughters studio has guest choreographers come in a lot, and they’d never attack one of host studio’s students so harshly like that.  She said stuff like “you are a veteran and you are dancing worse than most rookies”, “I don’t care if you’ve had a bad day”...it was beyond the usual constructive criticism you hear that’s actual dance feedback.    It was like Kitty-level criticism, but Kitty is a regular visitor so her role is very different than a one time guest.

I think that lady was probably posturing for the camera trying to get herself more screentime actually.  She seems kind of full of herself and thirsty.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WinkyFace said:

What’s up!? I’d just like some props because I was unspoiled (never again!!) and I just finished reading the entire spoiler thread.  Took, what,... 2 weeks to read it all. I’m glad to be done, and hope I can join you here!!

 

VK just posted a video on IG and she’s looks thin. Unfortunately, she’s doing lyrical, which is the last thing she needs to be spending any time on. 

 

I know it’s unpopular, but I really like Victoria’s dancing (still).    Her extension in her arms is so pretty.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I thought she was really out of line with the stuff she said to Angela.  My daughters studio has guest choreographers come in a lot, and they’d never attack one of host studio’s students so harshly like that.  She said stuff like “you are a veteran and you are dancing worse than most rookies”, “I don’t care if you’ve had a bad day”...it was beyond the usual constructive criticism you hear that’s actual dance feedback.    It was like Kitty-level criticism, but Kitty is a regular visitor so her role is very different than a one time guest.

I think that lady was probably posturing for the camera trying to get herself more screentime actually.  She seems kind of full of herself and thirsty.

She was dancing worse than the rookies, Kelli & Judy mentioned that as well "Angela doesn't know this at all, she's watching her rookies"  I imagine most performers are professional enough to know that they do not let their mood affect their performance.  It was wrong when Victoria let not making show group affect her at rehearsal, and it was worse for it to happen to Angela as a multi-year veteran.  I didn't see "playing for the camera," I saw feedback that poor Angela couldn't handle.  Also, if it were Kitty, her "critique" would be "You're dancing worse than the rookies and your ass is big and your hair is flat, YAH???"

LOL I did capture an unfortunate screen shot, though:

image.png.2de99bbb25af2d5ae03b5ff018c7f554.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/13/2018 at 10:45 PM, sleepyjean said:

Anyone who doesn't plan to leverage their time as a DCC to further their other goals in life is a fool.

Yes, I agree that’s the only reason to do DCC.  I used to naively think it was for the dancing, but that’s obviously not the reason. My point about Rachel was that she will stay longer than a year to the extent it benefits her. She’s not concerned about the team or wanting to live in Texas either 

Edited by rose711

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

I never liked Angela :)

It's very possible the scene was subsequently edited (there are older episodes out there where I know certain things happened that are not shown now), but I rewatched this episode about a month ago, and all the choreographer pretty much said was the thing about nobody caring if you had a bad day when you're performing, and I didn't think she said it in a nasty or condescending way.  In my mind, the way Angela was behaving she needed to be reminded of that, and in my opinion it didn't have to be a former DCC or person in authority to give that reminder. 

She is definitely no Jinelle....the whole attitude was "I stayed a fifth year for show group" attitude turned me off....but to be honest, I never really cared for her.  Something about her just rubbed me the wrong way. 

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

She was dancing worse than the rookies, Kelli & Judy mentioned that as well "Angela doesn't know this at all, she's watching her rookies"  I imagine most performers are professional enough to know that they do not let their mood affect their performance.  It was wrong when Victoria let not making show group affect her at rehearsal, and it was worse for it to happen to Angela as a multi-year veteran.  I didn't see "playing for the camera," I saw feedback that poor Angela couldn't handle.  Also, if it were Kitty, her "critique" would be "You're dancing worse than the rookies and your ass is big and your hair is flat, YAH???"

LOL I did capture an unfortunate screen shot, though:

image.png.2de99bbb25af2d5ae03b5ff018c7f554.png

Agreed!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I can't remember which one it was but another time Lisa said, "You wanted your bust to match your backside?" and a blonde TCC said yes.

Samantha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I also meant to add, I would expect professional dancers to get critiques that are a lot more harsh than those given by teachers in a regular dance studio. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

VK just posted a video on IG and she’s looks thin. Unfortunately, she’s doing lyrical, which is the last thing she needs to be spending any time on.

 

 

I'll agree she DOES look thinner there, but needs to either tone up or lose more depending on what that small pudge is from.  Yes, she's thinner than she was there at the end of Training Camp, but she's not DCC thin yet, which is sad of me to say.  Kelli is the one who puts the MOST pressure on all the girls to be thin, whether or not it's their natural size.  I won't go into my issues with Kelli on that because people here already know it.  I would like to see Victoria doing far more styles of dance, getting out of her comfort zone, etc.  So far, it seems that the only thing she's really working on is her figure and nothing else, but I'll wait to see what happens.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'll agree she DOES look thinner there, but needs to either tone up or lose more depending on what that small pudge is from.  Yes, she's thinner than she was there at the end of Training Camp, but she's not DCC thin yet, which is sad of me to say.  Kelli is the one who puts the MOST pressure on all the girls to be thin, whether or not it's their natural size.  I won't go into my issues with Kelli on that because people here already know it.  I would like to see Victoria doing far more styles of dance, getting out of her comfort zone, etc.  So far, it seems that the only thing she's really working on is her figure and nothing else, but I'll wait to see what happens.

I think she'll end up being a one and done fighting weight the whole year. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'll agree she DOES look thinner there, but needs to either tone up or lose more depending on what that small pudge is from.  Yes, she's thinner than she was there at the end of Training Camp, but she's not DCC thin yet, which is sad of me to say.  Kelli is the one who puts the MOST pressure on all the girls to be thin, whether or not it's their natural size.  I won't go into my issues with Kelli on that because people here already know it.  I would like to see Victoria doing far more styles of dance, getting out of her comfort zone, etc.  So far, it seems that the only thing she's really working on is her figure and nothing else, but I'll wait to see what happens.

 

Yeah, my biggest complaint here is that to get on board, I need to see some “DCC style” improvement, and spending a year doing this kind of dance ain’t gonna get you there. 

Edited by WinkyFace
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I thought she was really out of line with the stuff she said to Angela.  My daughters studio has guest choreographers come in a lot, and they’d never attack one of host studio’s students so harshly like that.  She said stuff like “you are a veteran and you are dancing worse than most rookies”, “I don’t care if you’ve had a bad day”...it was beyond the usual constructive criticism you hear that’s actual dance feedback.    It was like Kitty-level criticism, but Kitty is a regular visitor so her role is very different than a one time guest.

I think that lady was probably posturing for the camera trying to get herself more screentime actually.  She seems kind of full of herself and thirsty.

Yeah, that’s exactly how I saw it. That choreographer thought way too highly of herself in general. I think technical or performance critiques from guest choreographers are fine, but it was clear that Angela just blanked out (that something was bothering her), and it wasn’t a technical or general memory issue.  Kelli and Judy, the actual supervisors, commented on it, and made it clear that Angela’s performance wasn’t acceptable. There was no need for the guest choreographer to even open her mouth at that point. It’s just wasnt her place, IMO. Kitty speaking up would be totally different because she has a long standing and active relationship with the DCCs. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

I think she'll end up being a one and done fighting weight the whole year. 

I think she’s going to be a struggle for Kelli  (and maybe Judy)every day she’s around DCC either in camp or on the team. She’s already shown her immaturity in every aspect of training camp. But she loves being “big and bold” and “Aplus plus” Victoria rather than “mature cheerleader” or “good, reliable teammate” Victoria. 

Judy already tried to hide her in the very back of the triangle where she stood out for her mistakes and over dancing.

Edited by rose711
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Yeah, my biggest complaint here is that to get on board, I need to see some “DCC style” improvement, and spending a year doing this kind of dance ain’t gonna get you there. 

That's very true.  I'll cut her some slack, though; maybe she's doing what she's better at to gain a little bit of lost confidence

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

She was dancing worse than the rookies, Kelli & Judy mentioned that as well "Angela doesn't know this at all, she's watching her rookies"  I imagine most performers are professional enough to know that they do not let their mood affect their performance.  It was wrong when Victoria let not making show group affect her at rehearsal, and it was worse for it to happen to Angela as a multi-year veteran.  I didn't see "playing for the camera," I saw feedback that poor Angela couldn't handle.  Also, if it were Kitty, her "critique" would be "You're dancing worse than the rookies and your ass is big and your hair is flat, YAH???"

LOL I did capture an unfortunate screen shot, though:

image.png.2de99bbb25af2d5ae03b5ff018c7f554.png

I’m not saying the GC feedback wasn’t valid and I agree Kitty would have been harsher - I’m saying it’s not a GC’s place to say stuff like that.  That’s something for Kelli and Judy to do.

If a GC came into my daughters studio and said stuff to one of our senior dancers about them not dancing as well as the juniors or not performing well enough cause they looked upset about something - that would not go over well AT ALL.  GC just don’t get that personal w/ their critiques w/ the host studio’s students - takes time to develop a relationship where you can say those types of things.   It’s just not something that is done.

It would be like a substitute teacher coming into a HS algebra class for the first time and telling a student you are a sophomore and these freshman kids can do these problems better.  And then saying stuff like you seem upset, you can’t let your math suffer cause you had a bad day without knowing anything about that kids history.   Whereas the normal teacher would be okay with saying such things - KWIM?

There were more constructive ways for her to critique Angela as well:  “you don’t seem to be putting enough energy behind your dancing, maybe it is cause you don’t know it as well as the others and you seem unsure, but you need to give me more performance.”  Would be a MUCH better way to get her points across without going personal.

And honestly, Angela came back for a 6th (or was it 5th?) year for the express purpose of being on SG - I’d be really surprised if K&J didn’t know this and weren’t full aware she’d be devastated.   I guess them letting that GC rip into like that was just the icing on the cake for a really crappy day for Angela.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

it’s not a GC’s place to say stuff like that.  That’s something for Kelli and Judy to do.

Kelli & Judy did say it, though...seems like they just used this woman as a mouthpiece for it, kind of like they did with the guest choreographers who criticized Victoria...the "Hey, I didn't say it, she did!" defense.

6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

There were more constructive ways for her to critique Angela as well:  “you don’t seem to be putting enough energy behind your dancing, maybe it is cause you don’t know it as well as the others and you seem unsure, but you need to give me more performance.”  Would be a MUCH better way to get her points across without going personal.

This way that you worded it is certainly nice, but critiques aren't always polite. However, I guess I'll have to agree to disagree, I don't think there was anything harsh about what was said, she was being outdanced by rookies & that shouldn't be sugar-coated for a veteran IMO.

3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Angela came back for a 6th (or was it 5th?) year for the express purpose of being on SG

5th year!

I know I'm not imagining this (at least I hope not!), but there was a scene where Angela was called into the office where she said that she feels like she's not appreciated, and Kelli said something like "If you weren't, why did we make you a GL?"  but the scene apparently was cut :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I’m not saying the GC feedback wasn’t valid and I agree Kitty would have been harsher - I’m saying it’s not a GC’s place to say stuff like that.  That’s something for Kelli and Judy to do.

If a GC came into my daughters studio and said stuff to one of our senior dancers about them not dancing as well as the juniors or not performing well enough cause they looked upset about something - that would not go over well AT ALL.  GC just don’t get that personal w/ their critiques w/ the host studio’s students - takes time to develop a relationship where you can say those types of things.   It’s just not something that is done.

It would be like a substitute teacher coming into a HS algebra class for the first time and telling a student you are a sophomore and these freshman kids can do these problems better.  And then saying stuff like you seem upset, you can’t let your math suffer cause you had a bad day without knowing anything about that kids history.   Whereas the normal teacher would be okay with saying such things - KWIM?

There were more constructive ways for her to critique Angela as well:  “you don’t seem to be putting enough energy behind your dancing, maybe it is cause you don’t know it as well as the others and you seem unsure, but you need to give me more performance.”  Would be a MUCH better way to get her points across without going personal.

And honestly, Angela came back for a 6th (or was it 5th?) year for the express purpose of being on SG - I’d be really surprised if K&J didn’t know this and weren’t full aware she’d be devastated.   I guess them letting that GC rip into like that was just the icing on the cake for a really crappy day for Angela.

I didn’t likethat guest choreographer and I wonder if she came back. She seemed to be ripping into Angela for a tv moment to me.

im sorry Angela didn’t make show group. I do think seniority would have way more value than DCC seems to give them. I’ve only seen it work on behalf of the two returning injured cheerleaders - Danielle and Cassie. I’m not saying take veterans at any cost -but Angela deserved  a fair shot a show group after 5 years even if she had turned down appearances.

Maybe lack of respect for seniority is a reason so many girls leave.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Angela deserved  a fair shot a show group after 5 years even if she had turned down appearances.

Maybe lack of respect for seniority is a reason so many girls leave.  

This is making me wonder if Nicole B was ever upset that she never made show group.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This is making me wonder if Nicole B was ever upset that she never made show group.

Being that they seem to put everyone and their little sister on SG now, I wouldn’t be surprised if she is.    The bar seems much lower nowadays - 5 rookies?, Tasha a couple years ago, etc.  It just seems like SG is more of an insult if you don’t make it, than an honor if you do now.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

It just seems like SG is more of an insult if you don’t make it, than an honor if you now.

Agreed! 

2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

5 rookies?

I also recall that it was supposed to be some kind of rare honor for a rookie to make SG, but yeah, 5?  Either they're getting more lenient, or this group of veterans is quite weak.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This is making me wonder if Nicole B was ever upset that she never made show group.

I can’t imagine sticking with a team, being underpaid and not being upset you don’t get the glamourous role in your 5th or 6th year. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, WinkyFace said:

I can’t imagine sticking with a team, being underpaid and not being upset you don’t get the glamourous role in your 5th or 6th year. 

She did get Pro Bowl, though.  And she also did a London trip with SG.  It makes me wonder if not being on SG was actually her idea...I go back & forth on that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, CowboysFanatic said:

The same as the last time. Through a fellow member of a Facebook group that's all about the DCC.

Can you send me name of the page 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I think she'll end up being a one and done fighting weight the whole year. 

Why did she keep pulling her shirt up? Was that to show everybody she did not have that big stomach anymore?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

The same as the last time. Through a fellow member of a Facebook group that's all about the DCC.

I belong to that group and didn't see it mentioned.

Which DCC is this?

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like Kashara but they've filtered her face all wonky. 

Hate to see Miranda go but girl has acted stressed to the max since training camp, so no shocker.

Christina I will call an uber to come get her. 

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They posted audition  info for next year later then usual !! 

39A74332-0920-4D71-B552-5675C4AD604C.jpeg

I wonder if more college seniors will be auditioning! Not everyone has a program that allows to miss the posted date of finals/take them early or even with graduation dates this will help so they’re not flying back and forth. Yay! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I didn’t likethat guest choreographer and I wonder if she came back. She seemed to be ripping into Angela for a tv moment to me.

im sorry Angela didn’t make show group. I do think seniority would have way more value than DCC seems to give them. I’ve only seen it work on behalf of the two returning injured cheerleaders - Danielle and Cassie. I’m not saying take veterans at any cost -but Angela deserved  a fair shot a show group after 5 years even if she had turned down appearances.

Maybe lack of respect for seniority is a reason so many girls leave.  

Yep, Angela wasn’t the best or most technical dancer on the team, but she was a powerful dancer. Its not like she would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb if she had been on show group, and I feel there are always a few girls on show group, who are good but not showstoppers. Regardless, I know group leaders are about other qualities beyond just dance, but if a girl is good enough to be in the front in the quarter changes (which ensures that she will be on the big screen at games), then she should be good enough for show group. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Did anyone else see the Nike ad with Christina and Alexis that was posted on the DCC insta stories?

Yes I like Alexis she is so pretty I hope she comes back next year and doesn’t retire 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yes I like Alexis she is so pretty I hope she comes back next year and doesn’t retire 

Alexis IMO is the prettiest on the squad since Kelsey left. There's something about dark hair and blue eyes regardless of gender that is appealing to me.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, Angela wasn’t the best or most technical dancer on the team, but she was a powerful dancer. Its not like she would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb if she had been on show group, and I feel there are always a few girls on show group, who are good but not showstoppers. Regardless, I know group leaders are about other qualities beyond just dance, but if a girl is good enough to be in the front in the quarter changes (which ensures that she will be on the big screen at games), then she should be good enough for show group. 

Being a non-US girl myself, I was thrilled to see her make the team. Her and Janelle also have rugby backgrounds which is my favourite sport. 

 

I do think Angela got complacent in the end. I liked her at the start but when she came back for her 5th year, she seemed sort of over it from the start. Like someone said, she had a husband or was engaged so cared about other things then.

 

Jinelle, on on the other hand, is probably my fave DCC of all time (I’ve only seen MTT since Angela got on the team). She seems more approachable and genuine. I hope she stays as part of the DCC family for a while! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Being a non-US girl myself, I was thrilled to see her make the team. Her and Janelle also have rugby backgrounds which is my favourite sport. 

 

I do think Angela got complacent in the end. I liked her at the start but when she came back for her 5th year, she seemed sort of over it from the start. Like someone said, she had a husband or was engaged so cared about other things then.

Didn't she injure herself before the season began?  I remember them doing the jump splits on the last ep and she screamed cause she was hurt.

 

6 minutes ago, Monique said:

Lexie must be retiring too if her wedding is May 31st.

She is on the podcast today so maybe she will say something about it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't she injure herself before the season began?  I remember them doing the jump splits on the last ep and she screamed cause she was hurt.

I do remember this vaguely I think! Pulled a hamstring maybe? 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Monique said:

Lexie must be retiring too if her wedding is May 31st.

I was thinking of ways she might make it work, but I'm thinking it's not possible. She could be scheduled for an early morning panel interview, but then her bridal party might run into an issue too. It also is basically an all day thing to get ready for a wedding. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I do remember this vaguely I think! Pulled a hamstring maybe? 

I think it was a hamstring too.  I remember her lying on her back with on ice pack on the back of her leg.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I was thinking of ways she might make it work, but I'm thinking it's not possible. She could be scheduled for an early morning panel interview, but then her bridal party might run into an issue too. It also is basically an all day thing to get ready for a wedding. 

Not to mention that some DCC are her bridesmaids but I guess they will figure it out

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I was thinking of ways she might make it work, but I'm thinking it's not possible. She could be scheduled for an early morning panel interview, but then her bridal party might run into an issue too. It also is basically an all day thing to get ready for a wedding. 

Yeah, there’s no way IMO. And who wants to wake up at the crack of dawn after her wedding and go to final auditions... that would be awful.

Edited by Jess14 · Reason: Typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Did anyone else see the Nike ad with Christina and Alexis that was posted on the DCC insta stories?

From Twitter

DsEPDaoVAAA_eEF.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh I bet people are gonna be happy about Christina. Lol I don't mind her myself.

I am quite fond of Christina. I am always glad when it is the gal making their own choice to leave instead of the powers that be. I hope this year is a wonderful one for her.

So how many do we have retiring at this point?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I am quite fond of Christina. I am always glad when it is the gal making their own choice to leave instead of the powers that be. I hope this year is a wonderful one for her.

So how many do we have retiring at this point?

The ones I think we know: Amy, Kashara, Lacey, Miranda, and Christina

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×