OnceSane

S07.E11: Vida Knows Best

MJ feels the pressure of finalizing her wedding, planning for a baby and managing her mother, Vida; Mike and Reza bond over Mike's investment; GG takes steps to filing divorce paperwork; Destiney gets help on her rocky road to finding her father.

Airs October 25, 2018.

31 minutes ago, dosodog said:

What's vanilla?

The finest of the flavors!*

Personally I'm all about wild blackberry.

*Barenaked Ladies!

Vanilla is my favorite - but I really liked how Destiney talked about the saffron, etc. saying how delicious they are - enjoying Destiney a lot!

• Like 6

I just can’t stand Reza, he is a narcissist.  The number of Cartier Love Bracelets he has on at $6000 a pop, probably all purchased by himself.  The way he rubs it in Adam’s face that it’s his money and he is writing all the checks is so demeaning.

Of course, Asa’s graces us with her presence to promote her boutique.  

I like Nema, he’s adorable.  I love the way Shervin always looks out for GG.  Wonder if they ever slept together??

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 5

Vida is harsh with no filter, but some of the things she says are true.  I don’t like MJ’s wedding dress, it does flatten her chest and she can’t even walk in it because it is a mermaid style dress.  That is so impractical, you want to look great on your wedding day but be comfortable too.  Pre-nup 2 weeks before the wedding, flower shopping days before it?  Sorry, I don’t believe any of that.  Also MJ’s blue outfit, the one you can see her under boob sweat is disgusting.  Wear a bra, they sell absorbable pads you put under your boobs to catch any sweat so we don’t have to see it.  She is the queen of inappropriate clothing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

The number of Cartier Love Bracelets he has on at $6000 a pop, probably all purchased by himself.

Oh lord!! I noticed! I looked them up a few episodes ago when we were talking about them here and they've MULTIPLIED across the cast since he gifted one to MJ. He's of course flaunting one of the REALLY expensive ones. Adam had on the simple 'gold nail' that encircles the wrist (I'm going to get a real nail and do the same, I like the industrial feel, but not gold), Reza, on the other hand, has the one that goes around your wrist numerous times at an accordingly much higher price point. I didn't look too closely, but it could have been adorned with diamonds, all those options exist over at Cartier. I saw one I'm pretty sure, also on GG's wrist when she was in the car with Shervin and moving Shalom's rented engagement ring around. What's the vig on $165k? Shalom is probably going to end up dead in a ditch over this. 

Erk. MJ and her boob sweat. It looked like she was in polyester. Not pretty. 

I got my Morgan sighting! I still don't know what they did with the footage they were supposed to show last week where Mike and Morgan are sitting outside a cafe and Morgan kicks him to the kerb. I hope Morgan got paid. 

Nothing much else happening. MJ's wedding and the death of her father have pretty much made this one the season of MJ and much as I like her on this show, it's not enough. Destiney and her lost Dad story is about as interesting as Cary Deuber's current SL on Dallas about 'reconnecting with her Dad'. Nema and GG aren't really giving me couple tease at all, for all the talk of their chemistry. Mike is a nagging stain that won't go away, Morgan at least temporarily added some glitter to Mike. Reza and Adam are also ho hum with the lame baby SL.

Cos it was so boring, I thought this: What if Jeff Lewis and Reza wife swapped Gage and Adam. Would it work?! 

• Like 8

Nema just gets better with every episode.  He's the only Shah I've crushed on.  And that parent-choice story?  Gah, what a killer.   So much of what he's shown on the series thus far, clicked into place after that scene.

I think sweaty, dirty t-shirt-wearing Reza is the sexiest Reza of all.  What's wrong with me??

I agreed with Asa's advice to Adam -- that, wow, you think renovation is a strain, wait til a baby sets a bomb off in your marriage.  I just hate that they brought *her* back to say it.  Ugh, all that "my truth"/"his truth" garbage...Go. Away.  I haven't missed your caftan-wearing ass.

Mike with the roses and the kitty really got to me.  And I hate cats!  But I agree with Destiney: he's got his moments, and this was one of 'em. 

MJ, are you having pre-pregnancy brain?  Sister Sledge -- not the Pointer Sisters -- sang "We Are Family", you blaspheming bitch!  lol

Shervin has GG's number.  I gave him a standing ovation for what he said to her about her engagement ring.  Take it off, GG, and get on with your life.

Edited by voiceover
  • Like 10

Boring episode! I’m so sick of Destiney looking for her dad. Yawn, go away

Reza is revolting the way he flaunts his money to Adam. Asa, just no

Mikey joon, everyone so far has told you to dump that apartment building, at some point I hope he realizes what a giant noose this project would be around his neck and sells it 

i just finished watching this series from the beginning (thanks Hayu) so it’s all fresh in my mind, and I found this episode to be the most boring one of all of them. I’m looking forward to MJ’s wedding and then hopefully next year things will pick up.

Edited by cheewhiz · Reason: spelling counts
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

I’m looking forward to MJ’s wedding and then hopefully next year th8ngs will pick up.

Next season will be all about MJ's pregnancy. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, queenjen said:

What if Jeff Lewis and Reza wife swapped Gage and Adam. Would it work?! 

I don't like Gage and Adam, but the two who deserve each other are Jeff and Reza!  Two mean, petty sadists.

Why is Adam with Reza, let alone trying to force him to have a baby?  He's so rude and dismissive and the money isn't even that good, especially since he parts with it so begrudgingly.

• Like 6

I wish Adam would shave the neck portion of his beard. 

Wow...forget Reza’s jewelry. Asa wore some seriously big bucks on her wrists and hands.

I can’t believe that Asa said the cost of that housewarming blanket gift was $700. It didn’t look like it was worth that much to me and I could do without the sequins.

Reza’s kitten is adorable and Mike was sure to have it known that it was full blooded Persian. I hope he got it from a rescue and didn’t buy it. 

Seriously GG...pawn the ring or sell it for its money’s worth. Yet she keeps flashing the diamond on her engagement finger. Well that will keep eligible bachelors away. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ninjago said:

I don't like Gage and Adam, but the two who deserve each other are Jeff and Reza!  Two mean, petty sadists.

Why is Adam with Reza, let alone trying to force him to have a baby?  He's so rude and dismissive and the money isn't even that good, especially since he parts with it so begrudgingly.

Really - I don’t get why Adam would stay with Reza.

Nema is an idiot to give up a real person (seemingly) for a roll in the hay with GG, who’s about nobody but herself. This whole show seems to be about narcissists and the doormats (Adam, Tommy) who put up with them. I already feel bad for MJ’s baby.

• Like 2

Do other Persian American resent how this bunch of shallow narcissists represent them?  There isn’t a likable one in the bunch. And if you happen to be unlucky enough to choose one of them as a partner, they will be selfish, unpleasant and probably unfaithful.  

• Like 2

I think I found truth that this show is shot way out of order.  The party scene it was fairly hot.  MJ had boob sweat and coochie sweat.  I even think someone mentioned the beginning of summer.  Everyone was dressed summery and hanging out by the pool.  The scene at the flower market, Vida and MJ were both wearing winter coats in the rain.  I think they filmed this show and then edited out of order to make a story.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Do other Persian American resent how this bunch of shallow narcissists represent them?  

Yes. 

Also, Persian ice cream (and dessert in general) is one of my favorite foods ever. Saffron/rose water ice cream and also faloodeh, of course. 

• Like 4

On 10/25/2018 at 11:40 PM, Juniebaby said:

Vida is harsh with no filter, but some of the things she says are true.  I don’t like MJ’s wedding dress, it does flatten her chest and she can’t even walk in it because it is a mermaid style dress.  That is so impractical, you want to look great on your wedding day but be comfortable too.  Pre-nup 2 weeks before the wedding, flower shopping days before it?  Sorry, I don’t believe any of that.  Also MJ’s blue outfit, the one you can see her under boob sweat is disgusting.  Wear a bra, they sell absorbable pads you put under your boobs to catch any sweat so we don’t have to see it.  She is the queen of inappropriate clothing.

Yep.  The wedding dress is not for her body, and to me, it’s guady.  I guess she doesn’t have a stylist.  Plus, all her clothes are too tight.  Vida is right.