OnceSane

S07.E10: The Prenup Hiccup

MJ and Tommy take the final steps in prepping for their wedding. GG throws the official launch party for WüSah with Nema's guidance but is unsure if it will spark the attention she wants. Mike continues on his path toward self-improvement with a little help from his father. Reza and MJ say goodbye to Shams.

Airs October 18, 2018.

Not just this show, the Bravo Network is seriously slipping.  I was a big Bravo fan but lately shows I once enjoyed aren’t even worth watching.  The only show I still enjoy watching is Below Deck.  I do miss Real Housewives of NY.  I’m off to Netflix.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

Not just this show, the Bravo Network is seriously slipping.  I was a big Bravo fan but lately shows I once enjoyed aren’t even worth watching.  The only show I still enjoy watching is Below Deck.  I do miss Real Housewives of NY.  I’m off to Netflix.

Oh good. It ISN’T just me!!!

Oh and MJ - that prenup is bullshit.  Tommy should walk the fuck away from you.   “It’s his money I”m interested in.”

• Like 10

Reza can be vain and obnoxious and bossy.  But when he comes through for a friend, it's with his whole heart: gently pushing Destiney and her mom to get to the truth; traveling to Malibu to help MJ say goodbye to her dad, with grace and good humor.  This is GoodReza.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I’m off to Netflix.

Made in Mexico is awesome. It's like a Mexican Southern Charm. It's mostly subtitled in Spanish, but there are a couple of gringas in the cast, which gives them the opportunity to also have a lot of dialogue in English, which these people can do effortlessly because they are really educated and interesting, for the most part.  I'm only digressing from the topic at hand because there doesn't appear to be a place to discuss Made in Mexico. I hope there are more like it from Netflix....[edited to add that since I last checked, there is indeed a Made in Mexico thread! Thanks @OnceSane)

And to make this post relevant: this was a complete wash of an episode. Obviously Morgan's lease was up and we won't see her again. It's too late for Asa. Destiney is so wet. I have vague compassion for her SL, but it just isn't intriguing with her melting with tears everytime the topic comes up. Who is Destiney? What does she do? The 'Party Planner' Destiney with the interest in vintage cars was kind of intriguing, but the reality? Not at all. 

We were told episodes ago that MJ's wedding was in 2 weeks. Apart from Vegas, so much of this is filler. Even Mike managed to dial down his vilery and hypocrisy this episode, mainly because he didn't get much screentime outside of the scene with his Dad, where he is going to behave. Was MJs prenup scene just comic relief? I'm glad Tommy saw the humour in it.

Tommy was the star of this very lame episode.

ps. i take it that Golnesa's crowd were rented by Nema? Because her ascent from COO to CEO didn't make sense, as she again did not pitch, explain or mention her product on stage. And the 'Green???' people inviting her to take it to the next level? Inviting her to invest another 100+k, more like it. Also, I am in total agreement with Tamara Tattles: the isssue with this ring is that it is hired or leased. It never made sense that flaky Shalom could afford a $165k ring for his 2nd wife and most importantly, it's her wedding and engagement rings. They do NOT go back to the man at divorce. I thought the 'men' in this show were just being their usual misogynist loser selfs, trying to talk her into 'giving it back' and 'stop tormenting' Shalom. If this ring is leased, then yeah, I can see GG putting him through 7 hells refusing to return it and knowing how humiliated he should be feeling. NOT taking Shalom's side here, but this is the only story that makes sense to me: the ring being hired. 

Edited by queenjen
  • Like 2

Considering they both saw their lawyers, I wonder what agreement they came to on the prenup. I think that her visit was manufactured and scripted. 

MJ’s pups are cute and I like that she’s thinking of doing a line of collars and leashes that a portion of the profits will support animal shelters. Very different from GG who thinks her cannibus business is going to make her rich. Nema seriously wants to get into her pants. They are very playful together and such teasers. 

Destiney was much more fun on the People’s Couch. She’s a Debbie Downer on this show. 

• Like 4

It seemed like MJ was pretending through the whole pre-nup thing.  She looked like she was trying not to laugh when she and Tommy were talking about it at the park.  Or maybe I just projected that because I can’t believe she would be so ridiculous.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

It seemed like MJ was pretending through the whole pre-nup thing.  She looked like she was trying not to laugh when she and Tommy were talking about it at the park.  Or maybe I just projected that because I can’t believe she would be so ridiculous.

I hope you're right on that - maybe they agreed between themselves to have some "drama" with the prenup like Kandi and Todd in the runup to their wedding.  In Kandi's case though, I was on her side.  She's a huge success and had real assets to be protected.  MJ has what - her Bravo paycheck?  Does she even do real estate anymore?  Did she EVER?  

Looks like we get a glimpse of Asa next week.  Must be wanting to sell us something.

I've been wondering what that whole "Bravo Home" label is about.  Wonder if they are going into begin dropping the less popular "Housewives" and perhaps the "Shahs" for shows that are fun, that break the fourth wall and actually look like FUN to watch.  

• Like 1

I'm not sure where to post this question. Why was the timeline changed to show that MJ's father died before the wedding when in reality he died about 10 days after the wedding?

15 hours ago, queenjen said:

Made in Mexico is awesome. It's like a Mexican Southern Charm. It's mostly subtitled in Spanish, but there are a couple of gringas in the cast, which gives them the opportunity to also have a lot of dialogue in English, which these people can do effortlessly because they are really educated and interesting, for the most part.  I'm only digressing from the topic at hand because there doesn't appear to be a place to discuss Made in Mexico. I hope there are more like it from Netflix....[edited to add that since I last checked, there is indeed a Made in Mexico thread! Thanks @OnceSane)

Thanks for the tip QueenJen, I’ll check that out.  I had shoulder surgery and am watch lots of television.  Something new on the roster is greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, retiredviewer said:

I'm not sure where to post this question. Why was the timeline changed to show that MJ's father died before the wedding when in reality he died about 10 days after the wedding?

I don't think anyone quite knows when Shams died. She didn't announce that he died until after the wedding. However on the show and in interviews since it started airing, she's saying that he died before the wedding, but she didn't announce until afterwards. Who even knows at this point. And if he did die afterwards, all of this fake fuckery to reframe it is ridiculous and distasteful.

This show is a Ryan Seacrest Production. His reality shows (all of the Kardashian shows) are notorious for faking stories and timelines. There's a recap on NYMag called Keeping Up with the Continuity Errors, which recaps KuwtK, but with a strict accounting of when the scenes were actually filmed. They can be filmed as long as a year apart. 

• Like 1

MJ's dad died before the wedding, but no announcement was made until after the wedding.

I loved Reza and MJ saying goodbye. Laughter and tears, that's how I want to be remembered.  And I liked Mike wanting to make sure MJ remembers she's loved by those who remain.  Meanwhile, Reza taking time to call out Vida as a hater was hilarious.

GG looked less stoned at her event, but why didn't her assistant (or whoever that chick was) tell her the crew quit 24 hours earlier?  Sounds like producer shenanigans to me.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I loved Reza and MJ saying goodbye. Laughter and tears, that's how I want to be remembered. 

I also love how Reza mentioned in a TH he had recently lost his beloved kitty of 16 years, and could not begin to imagine the pain and loss MJ was feeling.  

• Like 5

I don’t necessarily consider Reza the saint that people are portraying him as being. I think he gets in everyone’s business because he hates not having the camera on himself. And,  the only death in Reza’s life has been his 16 year old cat?  I find that a little difficult to believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I don’t necessarily consider Reza the saint that people are portraying him as being. I think he gets in everyone’s business because he hates not having the camera on himself. And,  the only death in Reza’s life has been his 16 year old cat?  I find that a little difficult to believe.

I haven't seen a single indication that anyone is portraying Reza as a saint.  Quite the contrary, at least on these forums.  However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his 16 year old cat.  He's shown the "receipts", and the loss of a close long term animal companion is as devastating as the loss of a distant relative; at least, in my experience.

• Like 12

On 10/19/2018 at 12:06 PM, TexasGal said:

Agreed - this had to be for the show; beyond ridiculous!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:21 PM, OnceSane said:

MJ's dad died before the wedding, but no announcement was made until after the wedding.

Which is weird, no?  I remember thinking, well at least he was able to see her get married.  That's too bad he didn't get to see her get married, even if it was on facetime.  

I just realised we didn't see the Mike and Morgan breakup scene! Unless the previews at the end of the episode before this were 'the rest of the season' and not just 'next episode', we had Morgan and Mike sitting at a table outside a coffee shop or restaurant and Morgan kicking him to the kerb. It couldn't be inside, because Mikey would have weighed up where to have this meeting with as few witnesses as possible and people walking past are less likely to take an interest than those serving or eating inside. I NEED TO SEE THIS SCENE!!!

An engagement ring is a gift given in consideration of marriage. When the marriage actually occurs, it becomes the wife's property. There is quite a bit of case law on the issue. These dumb assholes, who are insisting that GG give Shalom the ring back, are dumb assholes. I think there's absolutely an argument to be made that giving him the ring might motivate Shalom to just settle the divorce proceedings. However, legally she doesn't need to give him the ring back.

• Like 5

On 10/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, HunterHunted said:

An engagement ring is a gift given in consideration of marriage. When the marriage actually occurs, it becomes the wife's property. There is quite a bit of case law on the issue. These dumb assholes, who are insisting that GG give Shalom the ring back, are dumb assholes. I think there's absolutely an argument to be made that giving him the ring might motivate Shalom to just settle the divorce proceedings. However, legally she doesn't need to give him the ring back.

I have a feeling its not his ring.  I think it was either borrowed or offered on a short time lease and now he has to either pay for it or return it and he can't do either and is panicking.  I hear them out there, they're panicking (I have no idea what that's from, but its from something)  LOL    She knows this and is all out of fucks to give.  Team GG on this one  

• Like 5

19 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I have a feeling its not his ring.  I think it was either borrowed or offered on a short time lease and now he has to either pay for it or return it and he can't do either and is panicking.  I hear them out there, they're panicking (I have no idea what that's from, but its from something)  LOL    She knows this and is all out of fucks to give.  Team GG on this one  

Yeah that dude does not have 100,000 to spend on a ring.  He probably doesn't have 100 to spend.  

• Like 1