Jump to content
OnceSane

S27.E06: Week 4: Trios Night

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Something just still doesnt add up. I mean Tinashe was top scorer for past 3 dances and she avoided elimination twice, I mean even avoided that dreadful bottom 6 the first week. Im just confused at where all her votes went because homegirl was getting votes but then it just stopped.

Bobby?  During the first elimination when either Tom or Erin were talking to him, he mentioned that Tinashe was a professional dancer.  He wrote that on social media too.  I think before that, she didn't have the ringer backlash because people just assumed that she was a singer that maybe danced while she sang.  Now, they have it in their heads that she could have also been a background dancer for somebody like Britney.  I also wrote the MMY theory in an earlier post.

The bottom 6 on the first week showed how much sexism exists on the show.  Except for John, the bottom 6 were women.  Then he was called safe so the bottom 5 were women.  This is when I thought Alexis would be gone soon even though she's a better dancer than a lot of them.  I think MMY helped her.  I think this week helped too because of the way she and Maddie were teasing Alan.  It showed that Alan and her have a fun partnership.  Also, hooray!!  They are saying that they're like brother and sister and not playing up the showmance which I hate.  I only like it if it's real like Kym and the guy from Shark Tank.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Something just still doesnt add up. I mean Tinashe was top scorer for past 3 dances and she avoided elimination twice, I mean even avoided that dreadful bottom 6 the first week. Im just confused at where all her votes went because homegirl was getting votes but then it just stopped.

A related question would be, Where did Nikki's, Danelle's, and Nancy's votes go to?  Just guessing, Nancy's might have gone to fellow 80's nostalgia celebs, John and Mary Lou.  (And Joe, for those who were voting for Val.)  Nikki's might have gone to big personalities like Milo and Bobby.  Danelle's might have gone to more moving MMY stories like Alexis and Evanna.  In other words, not Tinashe.

Edited by RomanKat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, RomanKat said:

A related question would be, Where did Nikki's, Danelle's, and Nancy's votes go to?  Just guessing, Nancy's might have gone to fellow 80's nostalgia celebs, John and Mary Lou.  Nikki's might have gone to big personalities like Milo and Bobby.  Danelle's might have gone to more moving MMY stories like Alexis and Evanna.  In other words, not Tinashe.

Nancy's might have gone to other 80's celebs, Val's probably more likely helped Jenna.  There are a certain subset of Valenna shippers who probably split votes between the two and shifted them all to Jenna once Val left.  Whether they continue to do that or not when Jenna looks miserable I don't know.  It depends how badly they feel for their miserable queen.

It's possible that Tinashe wasn't actually B2 the week before but was lagging the week before hence the B2 propping trying to get her votes.  I think she got lost in the shuffle on MMY, not because she was bad, but for the reasons I said above.  Almost all of the lower tier dancers had sob stories.  Alexis and Evanna both had moving stories. Milo didn't, but in his case it didn't really matter and Juan had the glow his perfect 30 dance.  So Tinashe gets lost in the shuffle.  It's part of why I don't love MMY because it always seems like a game of who can come up with the most tragic story, even if the emotions behind it are genuine.

I also have a theory on Joe that while Bachelor nation is a strong force normally, the reason they are so over the moon about Joe is because they built him up as this perfect guy in their minds.  I don't watch the Bachelor so correct me if I get my facts wrong, but my understanding is this is a guy who literally appeared on one episode of The Bachelor and got sent home.  Millions of hearts were dashed as they liked the guy, but since they didn't get to seem him over the full course of the season it was plenty of time for Bachelor fans to sort of build him up as this perfect man.  I know he then appeared on BIP, but again, I don't think that was necessarily enough time to turn any Bachelor people against him, and again he was built up as this wonderful guy.  Which is not to say he isn't...I have zero clue.  But there is something to be said how it's easier to worship someone the less you know about them.  The more left to mystery, the less there is to hate.  I suspect had the guy done a whole season and had there been a whole full season of moments for fans to obsess over, he might not necessarily have been so universally adored as eventually he would have done something that would have drawn some ire or criticism from some subset of fans.  He wasn't there long enough for any of that to happen, so it somewhere turned into Grocery Store Joe, the perfect guy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, spanana said:

It's possible that Tinashe wasn't actually B2 the week before but was lagging the week before hence the B2 propping trying to get her votes.  I think she got lost in the shuffle on MMY, not because she was bad, but for the reasons I said above.  Almost all of the lower tier dancers had sob stories.  Alexis and Evanna both had moving stories. Milo didn't, but in his case it didn't really matter and Juan had the glow his perfect 30 dance.  So Tinashe gets lost in the shuffle.  It's part of why I don't love MMY because it always seems like a game of who can come up with the most tragic story, even if the emotions behind it are genuine.

I remember when normani didnt give a sobstory her MMY and was put in the bottom the following week but unlike Tinashe she had all those damn harmonizers and of course Val popularity on the show to keep her alive more weeks. I agree with MMY, it can make or break a person regardless of their talent. Even, tho Tinashe's story wasnt sob story, I found it moving esp. when her mother started crying about wanting to see her daughter happy. To me I found her story beautiful and not a bunch of fluff but of course it just wasnt sad enough for the GP. I guess she could have talked about her experience in grade school when she said she got bullied for being biracial but again this is my problem with that. Ur most memorable year should be something that is uplifting and happy anyway tbh. Who wants to remember something horrible and make it memorable unless it was a tragic death of a loveone but even that I wouldnt want to remember.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

At the end of Tinashe/Brandon/Amy's dance, who was the blonde in the jury that held the paper that said guilty?  She looked so familiar!

She is one the new troupe members. She is the one that went on tour with them last year I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

official dances for disney night next week. joe and jenna doing a jive? YIKES. that is gonna be another disaster waiting to happen. 

9BA33F83-04A1-4738-ABE0-D3B6A15CD48E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Bobby?  During the first elimination when either Tom or Erin were talking to him, he mentioned that Tinashe was a professional dancer.  He wrote that on social media too.  I think before that, she didn't have the ringer backlash because people just assumed that she was a singer that maybe danced while she sang.  Now, they have it in their heads that she could have also been a background dancer for somebody like Britney.  I also wrote the MMY theory in an earlier post.

I wouldn't necessarily blame that on Bobby. I don't follow him, so I had no idea he'd said anything until I read it here. It was when Tinashe herself said she performed with Britney that I was like yeah, she can go now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ooh, Schmoe dancing to a song called Zero.  I hope that’s what he gets across the board.  Can votes save him if he gets all zeros??

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Ooh, Schmoe dancing to a song called Zero.  I hope that’s what he gets across the board.  Can votes save him if he gets all zeros??

I don't think so because they take this week's votes with next weeks scores. It's the perfect way to get rid of him because the judges will know what score range to give him so when they combine it with his votes he's gone. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I wouldn't necessarily blame that on Bobby. I don't follow him, so I had no idea he'd said anything until I read it here. It was when Tinashe herself said she performed with Britney that I was like yeah, she can go now.

Tinashe is a trained hiphop dancer, that is it. Yes she has delved in other dances but nothing of ballroom as intense as what is on dwts. This was all new to her. She is just a naturally good dancer. Its no need to hate on someone for just being naturally talented dancer. She cant help what God blessed her with and she had ever right to be apart of the show because the show has had many ringers that noone ever talked about.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard at a dance that wasn’t trying to be funny as Joe’s dance.  Jordan’s shirt getting stuck like a flag of surrender, same thing happening to Val too but he didn’t have to dance.  And what ever Val and Gleb were up to in the background while Jenna was throwing the guys to the showers?  That was something, I think the 5’s were for Jenna, the guys deserved 2’s.

 

Milo’s and Mary Lou’s were awesome!  Good for them!

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, spanana said:

I also have a theory on Joe that while Bachelor nation is a strong force normally, the reason they are so over the moon about Joe is because they built him up as this perfect guy in their minds.  I don't watch the Bachelor so correct me if I get my facts wrong, but my understanding is this is a guy who literally appeared on one episode of The Bachelor and got sent home.  Millions of hearts were dashed as they liked the guy, but since they didn't get to seem him over the full course of the season it was plenty of time for Bachelor fans to sort of build him up as this perfect man.  I know he then appeared on BIP, but again, I don't think that was necessarily enough time to turn any Bachelor people against him, and again he was built up as this wonderful guy.  Which is not to say he isn't...I have zero clue.  But there is something to be said how it's easier to worship someone the less you know about them.  The more left to mystery, the less there is to hate.  I suspect had the guy done a whole season and had there been a whole full season of moments for fans to obsess over, he might not necessarily have been so universally adored as eventually he would have done something that would have drawn some ire or criticism from some subset of fans.  He wasn't there long enough for any of that to happen, so it somewhere turned into Grocery Store Joe, the perfect guy.

He was actually on almost the entire season of BIP. He definitely got the great guy edit throughout. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/16/2018 at 11:46 AM, howmanywords said:

Tinashe is no different than Simone, or Heather, or Sabrina, etc.

Tinashe is definitely different since each of those went at least to mid season, 

8 hours ago, RomanKat said:

In other words, not Tinashe.

Yes heaven forbid any votes go to Tinashe. She is so unworthy of them.  Isn't about time people voted for talent at least?  This show isn't fun anymore, at least to me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, tedd said:

official dances for disney night next week. joe and jenna doing a jive? YIKES. that is gonna be another disaster waiting to happen. 

9BA33F83-04A1-4738-ABE0-D3B6A15CD48E.jpeg

 

Brandon and Tinashe could have done Princess and the Frog. It seems like we get so close to this finally being apart of dwts and then it dont happen. Last time, Normani or Simone would have been awesome but they ended up playing other ethnic characters which was fine they did great but Im ready for Princess and the Frog to be represented. I don't know how I feel abou them doing pocahontas. Everyone knows that story was romanticized and not true at all and got alot backlash about it in the past as well as it should have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dancelove said:

Yes heaven forbid any votes go to Tinashe. She is so unworthy of them.  Isn't about time people voted for talent at least?  This show isn't fun anymore, at least to me. 

I was simply addressing how Tinashe could drop from top 7 in week 1 to eliminated in week 4.  More specifically, how she could drop below previous bottom 5 Alexis, John, and Mary Lou, who had personal loss and nostalgia factors akin to eliminated celebs.  Had Alexis or Evanna been eliminated before Tinashe, then Tinashe likely would have received part of their votes.  (Not Joe, not Bobby.)  As it is, Alexis and Evanna will likely receive part of Tinashe's votes (from those who continue to vote).  Whether it's enough for either to get past some less talented males remains to be seen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I wouldn't necessarily blame that on Bobby. I don't follow him, so I had no idea he'd said anything until I read it here. It was when Tinashe herself said she performed with Britney that I was like yeah, she can go now.

I'm not big on social media either.  So I didn't know that Bobby posted anything about Tinashe and DeMarcus except for this forum.  However, he first said something during the show so the DWTS viewers did hear him.  Bobby could have easily just said that he was there to have fun without bringing Tinashe and DeMarcus down.  I'm not a fan of his personality.  The only time that I tolerated him was last week.  This week, he wasn't bad until he started talking to the judges.  Didn't like him at all during the first two weeks especially when he started flossing after his second dance.  That was disrespectful to Sharna.

With Bobby saying that Tinashe was a professional dancer, she would get some ringer backlash  It didn't help that Tinashe said that she performed with Britney.  That made it sound like she was a background dancer for her.  It wasn't until I read in this forum or maybe the idolforums (where I lurk) that she actually performed a duet with her and was not a dancer.

My original post pointed out a lot of other factors on why Tinashe could have been voted out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Tinashe is a trained hiphop dancer, that is it. Yes she has delved in other dances but nothing of ballroom as intense as what is on dwts. This was all new to her. She is just a naturally good dancer. Its no need to hate on someone for just being naturally talented dancer. She cant help what God blessed her with and she had ever right to be apart of the show because the show has had many ringers that noone ever talked about.

How is it hate to point out someone is a trained dancer?  It doesn’t matter what style, a person who had had training in dance will always be better than someone who hasn’t.  

I’ll also point out she never made it big.  Who can we blame for that?  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

  It didn't help that Tinashe said that she performed with Britney.  That made it sound like she was a background dancer for her.  It wasn't until I read in this forum or maybe the idolforums (where I lurk) that she actually performed a duet with her and was not a dancer.

This. Tinashe isn't Heather Morris doing Single Ladies behind Beyoncé. Britney and Tinashe are fans of each other and did a duet together. She appeared in Britney's Vegas show to perform that duet, at least once but maybe more. The show did a poor job of framing that and that definitely hurt Tinashe in the minds of some viewers.

Also, here's the duet so everyone can see how much dancing Tinashe did and sorry for the not amazing quality but I do think this fan did a pretty good job editing this together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Ooh, Schmoe dancing to a song called Zero.  I hope that’s what he gets across the board.  Can votes save him if he gets all zeros??

Sadly, I think, yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I'm not big on social media either.  So I didn't know that Bobby posted anything about Tinashe and DeMarcus except for this forum.  However, he first said something during the show so the DWTS viewers did hear him.  Bobby could have easily just said that he was there to have fun without bringing Tinashe and DeMarcus down.  I'm not a fan of his personality.  The only time that I tolerated him was last week.  This week, he wasn't bad until he started talking to the judges.  Didn't like him at all during the first two weeks especially when he started flossing after his second dance.  That was disrespectful to Sharna.

With Bobby saying that Tinashe was a professional dancer, she would get some ringer backlash  It didn't help that Tinashe said that she performed with Britney.  That made it sound like she was a background dancer for her.  It wasn't until I read in this forum or maybe the idolforums (where I lurk) that she actually performed a duet with her and was not a dancer.

My original post pointed out a lot of other factors on why Tinashe could have been voted out.

t I just don't like people who vote for non dancers because they want to tear down good ones. There's no moral compass. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, LoveDance said:

t I just don't like people who vote for non dancers because they want to tear down good ones. There's no moral compass. 

Funny, I don't recall anyone here saying they were voting for a non-dancer just to tear down Tinashe. 

People are allowed to vote for who they want to vote for, for whatever reason they want to vote for them. It doesn't make their compass immoral if it's not the best dancer they're voting for.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, HappyDancex2 said:

i haven’t been this annoyed since I found out Hamilton cheated on his wife.  LOL  (A.Ham that was for you)  and when it takes Eliza 12 minutes to burn those letters....girl just toss em in and let’s get on witdis 

Hee! Thanks for the laugh, even though I just got a chance to respond. Brilliant.

Topic? It was a mistake to try to watch Joe's dance for snark value. Secondhand embarrassment was major.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Joe is right up there with Master P. bad. Joe is an embarrassment to any and everything dance and this show. He obviously wants to go home, so by all means bachelarnation fam send him home. I can see the pain in his eyes whenever he is called safe from elimination. As fun as may look he is having, the poor dude is ready to get outta there.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, realdancemom said:

Just because ringer backlash didn't hurt one ringer doesn't mean it didn't hurt another.  Nicole was a bigger name.  I'm old and I knew who she was and who the Pussycat Dolls were.  Didn't know anything about Tinashe.   Nicole was also paired with Derek while Tinashe was paired with a brand new pro.   And yes, I did notice that Maks didn't complain when he had Meryl or Heather.

I knew who Nicole was as well. She was actually sort of famous. Calling someone unknown a ringer is definitely going to hurt them.

I'm not surprised that Bobby did it, though. They guy seems like a d-bag. Is winning this silly show such a big deal that he needs to trash other competitors? I would even root for awful Joe over him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I knew who Nicole was as well. She was actually sort of famous. Calling someone unknown a ringer is definitely going to hurt them.

I'm not surprised that Bobby did it, though. They guy seems like a d-bag. Is winning this silly show such a big deal that he needs to trash other competitors? I would even root for awful Joe over him.

Yeah, Nicole was pretty famous during her season on dwts. A good bit of people knew who she was because how big the Pussycat Dolls were, so that help.

As for as Bobby, I guess he is satisfied. It felt like he was making it his mission to get rid of some of the ringers and Tinashe was on his list and now she is gone and we are stuck with his juvenile behavior. The kids on Junior act more mature than him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Yeah, Nicole was pretty famous during her season on dwts. A good bit of people knew who she was because how big the Pussycat Dolls were, so that help.

As for as Bobby, I guess he is satisfied. It felt like he was making it his mission to get rid of some of the ringers and Tinashe was on his list and now she is gone and we are stuck with his juvenile behavior. The kids on Junior act more mature than him.

I'm sick of his backstage manipulation.  You are right all these kids on the show are more mature than him.

I'm floored that people actually think his schtick is cute.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I'm sick of his backstage manipulation.  You are right all these kids on the show are more mature than him.

I'm floored that people actually think his schtick is cute.

Its sickening. This man is so childish and feel like he needs to be getting lower scores because 7s for that cha cha cha was not it. The choreography was awful and the execution was horrible. Why o Why would do they give the good music to horrible dancers. I love Hammertime but this wasnt it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Its sickening. This man is so childish and feel like he needs to be getting lower scores because 7s for that cha cha cha was not it. The choreography was awful and the execution was horrible. Why o Why would do they give the good music to horrible dancers. I love Hammertime but this wasnt it.

I can't comment on his cha cha because I no longer watch him. I'm not sure why they give him the pimp spot, either. Poor Sharna. She really gets the gems, doesn't she?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I can't comment on his cha cha because I no longer watch him. I'm not sure why they give him the pimp spot, either. Poor Sharna. She really gets the gems, doesn't she?

Im no longer watching this season, so I want be able to comment on much of any dances. I will still lurk on here to see if Joe is still around or if Bobby is still being childish but other than that Im done with this season. I may tune into the finale and thats it but other than that Im not watching the rest of this season, it has disgusted me greatly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, suebee12 said:

I don't  think I have seen such a bad dance since Master P and Joe surely matched it tonight! It was so bad, I really thought they would pull out the 4 paddles...wish they had. I actually cringed while that dance was going on and to make it worse(pretty hard to do actually) they had Val and Gleb dance under the waterfall also...really poor taste in my opinion! I really hope that this is the nail in Joe's coffin.

 

There is a HUGE difference between Master P and Joe.  Granted both are probably the worst dancers ever on this show, but at least Joe TRIES.  Master P barely moved and gave attitude at the same time, even refusing to wear proper shoes.  Joe is doing his job the best he can but just sucks at dancing (like a lot of us).  He is surprised as any of us that he is still there.  I really think they put Jordan on that team to get even lower scores to get rid of him. Unlike most contestants he has no performance background of ANY kind.  Even former Bachelors that have been on this show before were the leads of their show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Palomar said:

There is a HUGE difference between Master P and Joe.  Granted both are probably the worst dancers ever on this show, but at least Joe TRIES.  Master P barely moved and gave attitude at the same time, even refusing to wear proper shoes.  Joe is doing his job the best he can but just sucks at dancing (like a lot of us).  He is surprised as any of us that he is still there.  I really think they put Jordan on that team to get even lower scores to get rid of him. Unlike most contestants he has no performance background of ANY kind.  Even former Bachelors that have been on this show before were the leads of their show.

I don't see him as trying. He looks like he doesn't want to be there, and Jenna looks like she's checked out like what is the use. I do have to give her credit for not trashing him. I'd be royally pissed if my partner embarrassed me with that "dance."

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, tedd said:

official dances for disney night next week. joe and jenna doing a jive? YIKES. that is gonna be another disaster waiting to happen. 

9BA33F83-04A1-4738-ABE0-D3B6A15CD48E.jpeg

I really hope that Alexis and Alan (or at least, somebody on the show) knows to not have Alexis dressed up in Native American cosplay during this, because I'd personally rather skip that wave of thinkpieces and angry tweets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, SeanC said:

really hope that Alexis and Alan (or at least, somebody on the show) knows to not have Alexis dressed up in Native American cosplay during this, because I'd personally rather skip that wave of thinkpieces and angry tweets.

I just think they shouldnt have had Pocahontas because of the controversy of the story being romanticized and not the true story at all and because the Native Americans are very sensitive about and protective of who Pocahontas was.

40 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't see him as trying. He looks like he doesn't want to be there, and Jenna looks like she's checked out like what is the use. I do have to give her credit for not trashing him. I'd be royally pissed if my partner embarrassed me with that "dance."

I agree, he doesnt want be there. I almost thought he was going to volunteer to leave over Tinashe because he just looked so throw during elimination. He is not having fun even tho it may seem he is but he is over it and I just don't think he vibes well with Jenna at all.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

That's what I thought, too, that the show was originally supposed to show how unnatural dancers improved over time.

This is going back a ways, but no, that has never ever been the case. I'm not sure why that idea got so strongly implanted. But from the very beginning, the show has included a mix of dance experience. In the very first season, Trista Sutter had danced professionally with the Miami Heat (not that it did her much good on the show!). S2 had Stacy Kiebler and S3 had Mario Lopez.

The only rule has always been no professional ballroom experience. Perceived ringers often suffer for it, though. Tinashe's elimination does seem early to me, but for whatever reason, this season's voters are being particularly brutal to the female contestants. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zuleikha said:

This is going back a ways, but no, that has never ever been the case. I'm not sure why that idea got so strongly implanted. But from the very beginning, the show has included a mix of dance experience. In the very first season, Trista Sutter had danced professionally with the Miami Heat (not that it did her much good on the show!). S2 had Stacy Kiebler and S3 had Mario Lopez.

The only rule has always been no professional ballroom experience. Perceived ringers often suffer for it, though. Tinashe's elimination does seem early to me, but for whatever reason, this season's voters are being particularly brutal to the female contestants. 

They were brutal to the female contestants in season 24 as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Finally  got around to watching this epi, although I've been reading your comments all week.  I don't think the show was the clusterf*ck everyone seems to have thought it was.  Due to reading this forum, I didn't watch Joe's dance and I only watched a bit of Keo/Evanna.  The other dances were thoroughy enjoyable.  Bizarrely, I totally enjoyed Bobby's dance, but I expect that's a lot to due with relating to Bobby's excitement --  how excited  would I be to get to do a routine to "Can't touch this" which is still a big favourite song for me.  Did anyone get an explanation for the heavy focus that they put on DeMarcus during the before and after to that routine?

I also thoroughly enjoyed Alexis and Alan although I feel like I saw rather a number of awkwardnesses occur there.  Milo and Ryker both seemed physically unsuited to that dance although they did a fantastic job - they somehow echoed and enhanced each other's physicality which was strangely spike-y and also flat-footed at times.  

Loved the three matador dance, although it would have been nice to have someone less slime-y than Gleb as the third. I can see that he's very handsome, but he is just comes across to me as so icky that I don't want to look at him.

I thought both Brandon and Tinashe were champs at their ouster.  They both said good things and genuine-sounding things and they were mature as all get-out about it (I guess the result of growing up to showbiz, but some young people might not have been so accepting).  Watching her body language and face, I feel that Tinashe may have taken it as a given that she was going this week or may even have known.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I've only just now watched Monday's trio dances.  There's no sense at this point for writing a review on all couples, so I'll just offer up a few thoughts.

Whoever picked these trios did a miserable job.   By having a 3rd who is the same sex as the star means that the dance will feature the pro.  It's very rare that the pro is able and inclined to throw attention to the star throughout the whole (or most of the) dance.  More commonly, the pro sucks up all the attention.  Only Bobby and Juan Pablo escaped this treatment.  I think Bobby may have selected long-time friend Lindsey.  No idea how Juan Pablo got Melissa.  Also, some matchups did the star no favors, such as Mary Lou - Nastia with her long limbs made Mary Lou look like a clunky fireplug.  Or Alexis with look-alike Maddie (why wouldn't she admit to Dance Moms?) - I had a hard time telling them apart.

The only memorable trio (memorable in a good way) by the end of the show was, to my surprise, John and Emma.  The dancing wasn't all that remarkable but the concept and choreography was great.  She kept both moving and she kept it looking dramatic regardless of the quality of the movement.

Milo IMO did not deserve 10s.  After criticizing Evanna for insufficient hip action in her salsa (with a novice), Milo and Ryker had pretty much zero hip action...and Ryker is highly trained in ballroom, having competed against Witney, Lindsey, etc. prior to SYTYCD days.

Joe/Jordan - what a waste of time!

As for Tinashe, I've read through every comment on this thread and the question pounding in my head for all four pages is, to those crushed over her elimination, Did.You.Vote???  Rhetorical question. Some already admitted to not voting.  You're angry that others didn't vote for your favorite when many of you couldn't be bothered to vote yourselves.  Who struck up conversations with her core fans (the ones constantly tweeting their adoration to her), explaining voting to them and how to set up many many accounts on the website? Who explained that tweeting, hashtagging, instagramming is not voting to her fans?  Most stars are only vaguely familiar with the show and certainly have no clue how voting/scoring works.  For some stars, like pop singers, I wouldn't expect their fans to be familiar with the show either.  I don't know what Brandon did, if anything, to get her fans engaged in the process.  Maybe some picked up the phone.  Maybe not.  But it happens every season. Someone with talent gets eliminated simply because, IMO, they didn't stand out, their fans didn't engage, and there was little or no attempt to develop new fans.  What I do know is, everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone can have their most and least favorites, and NO ONE on this site should feel compelled to append their opinions on this site with "and I'm not a racist".   

It's Saturday night and this week is done! Here's hoping for a better experience next week.

Edited by Uke
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Uke said:

As for Tinashe, I've read through every comment on this thread and the question pounding in my head for all four pages is, to those crushed over her elimination, Did.You.Vote???  Rhetorical question. Some already admitted to not voting.  You're angry that others didn't vote for your favorite when many of you couldn't be bothered to vote yourselves.  Who struck up conversations with her core fans (the ones constantly tweeting their adoration to her), explaining voting to them and how to set up many many accounts on the website? Who explained that tweeting, hashtagging, instagramming is not voting to her fans?  Most stars are only vaguely familiar with the show and certainly have no clue how voting/scoring works.  For some stars, like pop singers, I wouldn't expect their fans to be familiar with the show either.  I don't know what Brandon did, if anything, to get her fans engaged in the process.  Maybe some picked up the phone.  Maybe not.  But it happens every season. Someone with talent gets eliminated simply because, IMO, they didn't stand out, their fans didn't engage, and there was little or no attempt to develop new fans.  What I do know is, everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone can have their most and least favorites, and NO ONE on this site should feel compelled to append their opinions on this site with "and I'm not a racist".   

It's Saturday night and this week is done! Here's hoping for a better experience next week.

Edited 56 minutes ago by Uke.

I voted sweety, I voted every week for them and they did stand out. What the issue is they were lowballed by the judges. Byfar one of the best if not best couples this season as several gossip blogs have pointed out that they did not get the respect they deserved. All that talented is gone and wasted over Joe that can barely walk much less dance self. It is what it is, Every season is a disappointment, so i have learned to just sit back and watch foolery. 

9 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I thought both Brandon and Tinashe were champs at their ouster.  They both said good things and genuine-sounding things and they were mature as all get-out about it (I guess the result of growing up to showbiz, but some young people might not have been so accepting).  Watching her body language and face, I feel that Tinashe may have taken it as a given that she was going this week or may even have known.

I think both brandon and tinashe prepared themselves beforehand. U cant go into another week from being in the bottom 2 the following week without some kind of clarity or preparation for the inevitable, its the nature of the game. U can tell they were disappointed and had every right to be but at the same time they were at ease because they knew they did all they could do and it was up to the public to vote and it was out of their hands. When u know u know and its nothing u can really do about it. Throwing a fit or sobbing till u look sick want change results and it certainly want make u look good to the public, they just would have gotten labeled the usual stereotypical names for being welldeserved pissed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I think both brandon and tinashe prepared themselves beforehand. U cant go into another week from being in the bottom 2 the following week without some kind of clarity or preparation for the inevitable, its the nature of the game. U can tell they were disappointed and had every right to be but at the same time they were at ease because they knew they did all they could do and it was up to the public to vote and it was out of their hands. When u know u know and its nothing u can really do about it. Throwing a fit or sobbing till u look sick want change results and it certainly want make u look good to the public, they just would have gotten labeled the usual stereotypical names for being welldeserved pissed.

U know I think so too, they knew or atleast had an idea that it could be them. I was so hurt when they got eliminate. My daughter who is 13 was crying. She loved both tinashe and milo, they were her favs and she was so hurt when they sent tinashe home. This couple was so underrated, its not even funny. They deserved so much more and Brandon as a new time pro, he is fabulous. Im telling u right now, this boy is going to be the next mark and derek. He is fresh, risky and smart just like derek and mark were.  I remember when mark and derek first came to the show and Len was not into their innovative choreography, just like Brandons but they ended up being some of the best choreographers ever on dwts for being so out of the box. 

Share this post


Link to post

I just finished watching the dances, and the only real disappointment for me was Cheryl's content-free choreography for the trio dance with Juan Pablo and Melissa.  This is twice now that I've seen Cheryl fail at what should be effortless for her (her choreography for the Salsa on last Sunday's DWTS Jrs. was equally content-free), and I have to wonder why the wheels have come off so early.  Come on, Cheryl -- you have Gilles Marini 2.0 in Juan Pablo.  Quit wasting him and give him some content that will actually bring out how good a dancer he really is!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I just finished watching the dances, and the only real disappointment for me was Cheryl's content-free choreography for the trio dance with Juan Pablo and Melissa.  This is twice now that I've seen Cheryl fail at what should be effortless for her (her choreography for the Salsa on last Sunday's DWTS Jrs. was equally content-free), and I have to wonder why the wheels have come off so early.  Come on, Cheryl -- you have Gilles Marini 2.0 in Juan Pablo.  Quit wasting him and give him some content that will actually bring out how good a dancer he really is!

Completely agree. With the exception of the samba shes slacking. What's interesting is that Cheryl and Juan Pablo have been posting a ton from rehearsals and yesterday she specifically said she was being extra careful with the content for this upcoming dance. I hope this means she's been listening to all the feedback (and the early glimpse into their Viennese Waltz looks stunning so far).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018-10-18 at 1:46 PM, Toonces464 said:

Funny, I don't recall anyone here saying they were voting for a non-dancer just to tear down Tinashe. 

People are allowed to vote for who they want to vote for, for whatever reason they want to vote for them. It doesn't make their compass immoral if it's not the best dancer they're voting for.

Gee I guess some forget how nasty Bones was on twitter against Tinashe for no reason except to push a lie about her dance abilty, but nothing ever matters anymore, who cares about doing the right thing as long as you stay on the show. That's the only reason to be on this show anyway. Dancing is bullshit it's all about your face on camera. 

Edited by LoveDance
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, LoveDance said:

ee I guess some forget how nasty Bones was on twitter against Tinashe for no reason except to push a lie about her dance abilty, but nothing ever matters anymore, who cares about doing the right thing as long as you stay on the show 

"Doing the right thing" is voting for the contestant you want to vote for. It's not voting for someone just because others think she's the best dancer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah so voting for a liar is fine regardless if he can dance, no need for a dance show just vote for your favorite jerk 

Edited by LoveDance
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LoveDance said:

Yeah so voting for a liar is fine regardless if he can dance 

Bobby can whine all he wants but he still cant seem to get great scores. He is doing better than joe but who isnt tbh but Bobby is pretty much a lost case on the show. I guarantee if any of the females acted like him, they would be criticized to high heavens and immediately voted off.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×