ElectricBoogaloo

S03.E05: Jeremy Bearimy

The thing with Tahani's points status, to me, isn't really that she's getting marked down for having selfish motives behind her philanthropy -- I think she just isn't getting the high points that she'd have gotten if she were selfless.

Also, a lot of people here seem to be seeing her assignment to the Bad Place as unfair based on the current incarnation of Tahani rather than on any of the earlier versions who hadn't improved themselves morally. Consider her first reboot in Season 2 Episode 1, where she reverted to her original condescending snobbery with her short soulmate, his wardrobe choices (cargo pants!) and the cutting remarks she made to sash-wearing Eleanor. That Tahani, like the one in early Season 1, was pretty much an asshole pardon me, ash-hole.

Edited by wilnil
  • Like 5

I don't think we've been told that she's "as bad" as Eleanor or Jason. They all failed to make the cut, but it's a pass/fail system, and within the fails there is surely a range of points. And then they were selected to be put together for Michael's experiment, specifically because they were deemed suitable to torture each other.

• Like 2

Fun fact:

prior to this episode, when I would come in the house and say hello to my pets, I would say " hello my little babies." Almost without realizing it, I have now taken to calling them "my little chili babies." 

• Like 8

On 10/27/2018 at 11:45 AM, Loandbehold said:
On 10/27/2018 at 1:15 AM, Zuleikha said:

That was clearly not about her own ego because it didn't aid her ego. On the contrary, it was personally painful and required her to do something selfless.

Except that Tahani was trying to raise the most money so she would look good.

Yep, her parents told her the amount she raised was embarrassing, and IIRC they suggested adding the date with Kamilah to the auction.