OnceSane

S07.E09: Sex, Lies, and iPhone Videos

After a fun night of clubbing in Vegas, the group wakes up and makes a shocking discovery about Mike. When he is confronted, chaos ensues and tensions come to a head. Once back in LA, MJ's wedding preparations continue with her first dress fitting. GG takes her weed business to the next level with help from Nema.

Airs October 11, 2018.

“Here’s my story” *points at a projected PowerPoint with a 20-word bio*

This kind of SUPER awkward presentation has a simple remedy. Simple as in, it’s not like she has to get a doctorate. But she does actually have to put in work. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 10

These people are too old for the shit they do.  I don’t know how they can get up in the morning after all the drinking.  And then get on a plane.  Mike looks like a dodge ball.  His lifestyle is beginning to catch up with him.

• Like 10

Good grief,  could someone not have given Golnesa a "script" to go with for her pitch?

Something along the line of:

Hello everyone, thanks for coming today, my name is Golnesa and here is how I became interested in the canibus industry:

I was diagnosed with RA several years ago and underwent surgery on my hands for this and was not happy with traditional pain pills and their side affects. I then started researching the more natural healing affects of canibus and ways it can be used and here we are today!

• Like 23

21 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Had a phone call and had to mute Mike’s meltdown - what was he crying about?!

Basically that he is a lying cheater who got caught.

• Like 13

Are these people the only ones in this world that love each other?  All I hear every damn minute is “I love you”.  The men love each other so much. But they are always fighting.  Same with the girls.  MJ gained about fifty pounds this season and wears such tight clothes it’s ridiculous.  Gigi was very pretty, but too much work on her face doesn’t look good, especially her lips.  Mike and Rena crying and hugging and professing their love for one another was just too much.  We all love our spouses, children, friends, but we don’t have to announce it every five minutes like this group.  Enough.  Vida is a horror to MJ.  I would never criticize my daughters about anything like Vida does.  I’ve never heard her tell MJ anything nice.  This group sure can drink.  Mike is a mommas boy and she has too much input in his life.  Jessica changed her religion for him and he goes and cheats on her.  Now,Morgan wasn’t allowed to go to Vegas until a few days after, so she split.  Good for her.  She never even met his Mother who probably would have disapproved anyhow.  What a bunch. Haha.  To old to get blitzed as they do.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Too old to party?  I didn’t know there was an age limit on partying.

I don't think any age is too old to party, but ANY age is not appropriate to get drunk AF and act like a total fool.

But then again who would we be able to point fingers and laugh at their drunkenness (as long as it is not at danger level).

• Like 7

I feel like the best part of this episode happened in next week's preview, where this episode was summed up with no irony whatsoever by Golnesa: 'I wasn't prepared for this'. I really feel for her sister now. Gigi has never had any intention of working and it must have been a hell that continues to this day, dealing with her as a sister and doing ALL THE WORK on that ridic hair line they were Gigi's sister was actually running with money from their parents. Some daughter's would be extremely conscious of failing and tipping the family money down the drain. Gigi's worse than Porscha with her sister. And the literal underground railway. She's worse than Teresa Giudice sitting on a yoga mat going 'Ommm' with her index and thumb together. It's stunning. It's wilful ignorance. 

What I am LIVING for is Mike getting kicked to the kerb by his 20 whatever year old human can of hairspray and fleekly eyebrowed Morgan. I loved Morgan's commitment to creating a Jewish High Holiday meal from nothing but what was in Mike's cupboards and access to her cell phone. I think Morgan will go places. Fortunately, not with Mike. 

I hope MJ is happy on her wedding day but Vida called that dress correctly. Cheesey. It seems to have a lot of fashion baubles slapped onto it from skin coloured mesh or invisiflesh or whatever it's actual name is, to that strange lattice feature at the front and the mermaidy train. She'd look so fckn elegant in a simple ivory or off white, with maybe a hint of gold to personalise it. I do love Tommy and MJ together, they seem to have a great rapport and trust. 

This episode tempted us to feel sympathy for 2 characters and I see you, production. But Mike is still an unreconstructed woman hating narcissist and Golnesa is an entitled ignorant princess. She gets points for trying and for undiagnosed hearing issues that have perhaps contributed to her acting like Helen Keller before Annie Sullivan turned up. And Reza loses points for gratuitous and awkward use of 'turnt', 'turnt up' and 'hunty'. Although he did deploy 'hunty' when he was trying to make MJ feel beautiful after her mother went for the dress. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Oh, please can i take this? So, would you guess that Mike was letting us in on the fact that he has been in SO MUCH PAIN since his divorce and he is JUST NOT READY for a relationship and all this pressure from all the people he has let down like his family and Jessica and Jessica's family and the tiny bit of Mike that died inside of him while he was screwing club hos while he was married to a woman who converted to Judaism for him. That was about it and it basically gives Mike a pass to do nothing but club and party with bronzered blondes until he is 65. If any of the group says anything, he'll reference this moment with Reza where Reza said he'd support Mike's decision. Why is there a dirty taste in my eyeballs? It was heinous. 

• Like 12

I guess with the relatively low-drama climate of this season, they had to nudge Shervin into blabbing what Reza said.  So: a little Persian "kaboom!"

Mike's self-pitying wail-a-thon sounded like so much addict behavior.  Maybe it's time for him to take a page from GG's book, and dry the fuck out.

I agree with Vida about mermaid dresses; sadly, her timing was pathetic.  But MJ seemed to be letting it roll right off, and I'm very proud of her for that.  It's hard to not let a Persian parent push those buttons.  Compare her reax during the dress fitting, to just a few years ago!  That's growth.  And I think we can thank Tommy for some of that.  He seems to love MJ without reservation, and this has boosted her self-confidence, and thus her ability to go selectively deaf to the worst of Vida's rants.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

I watched it and I still don't know.  Another excuse to tramp around?  If you are an addict Mike then get help.  I you are simply into whoring around then just admit it and be upfront with the girls you date.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

These people are too old for the shit they do.

Best quote ever.  Failure to launch comes to mind.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, nexxie said:

Mike was crying over Mike.

• Like 22

M.J’s wedding was a dress fro about ten different dresses.  The top from one, the bodice from another, the mermaid from another and so on.  I wanted to study it for more than the minute they gave us.  If it makes her happy, so be it.  It’s her day.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Good grief,  could someone not have given Golnesa a "script" to go with for her pitch?

Something along the line of:

Hello everyone, thanks for coming today, my name is Golnesa and here is how I became interested in the canibus industry:

I was diagnosed with RA several years ago and underwent surgery on my hands for this and was not happy with traditional pain pills and their side affects. I then started researching the more natural healing affects of canibus and ways it can be used and here we are today!

I didn't realize that Nema and Shervin were going to GG's the day of the presentation, to help clean up her presentation.  REALLY?!  They were both (rightly) worried about her pulling this off but they waited until a couple hours beforehand to show up.  And then didn't even have her walk through what she was going to say.   I know, it's show shenanigans, but that was blatantly weird.

And what was the point of her meeting with her new COO and talking about her presenting, if GG was just going to do it anyway?

I'm glad Shervin cut his hair.

• Like 4

Sorry, still stuck on the presentation. I realize that being on reality TV =/= making business pitches or public speaking, but you’d think that after six seasons (plus this one) of being on TV, GG would be at least minimally aware that the people watching you will make judgments about you, and that mayyyyybe she should try to put her best foot forward. She’s all about never working a day in her life and now being THE BOSS, but not ACTUALLY putting any work in that real successful bosses do. 

Nema seems actually vaguely together and I think GG is gonna grow tiresome for him pretty soon.

• Like 4

They're not too old to party, but GG's too old to have NEVER had a job in her life.  Isn't she in her thirties? Nema will get tired of her antics.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Like 5

It's hard for me to say who is worse, Mike or GG.  

I guess I'll have to choose GG, because she was mean to her cat.

But Mikey is always heinous, so maybe it's a tie?

Then there's Vida, so I guess it's really a trifecta of horror.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

OH MY GOD!  She is dead to me.

Trifecta of horror indeed.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

OH MY GOD!  She is dead to me.

Trifecta of horror indeed.

I almost forgot to mention Mikey's poor doggies, locked out on the hot concrete patio.

Until Vida abuses her grandchild (and she surely will, at least verbally & emotionally), she gets third place - but just barely.  I haven't seen her kick MJ's doggie - YET.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Too old to party?  I didn’t know there was an age limit on partying.

Oh, yeah. I'm finding that there are all sorts of rules for older folks. As always, I am ignoring them. Our hair should not be too long, it should not be too dark, we shouldn't party, we shouldn't wear shorts, we shouldn't wear shorter dresses, we shouldn't wear bright make up, and we shouldn't take up space or make noise or have strong opinions or speak too loudly--but those rules go for women from the time of birth, actually.

Eff that nonsense.

12 hours ago, queenjen said:

Oh, please can i take this? So, would you guess that Mike was letting us in on the fact that he has been in SO MUCH PAIN since his divorce and he is JUST NOT READY for a relationship and all this pressure from all the people he has let down like his family and Jessica and Jessica's family and the tiny bit of Mike that died inside of him while he was screwing club hos while he was married to a woman who converted to Judaism for him. That was about it and it basically gives Mike a pass to do nothing but club and party with bronzered blondes until he is 65. If any of the group says anything, he'll reference this moment with Reza where Reza said he'd support Mike's decision. Why is there a dirty taste in my eyeballs? It was heinous. 

Perfection. You are the queen!

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Oh, yeah. I'm finding that there are all sorts of rules for older folks. As always, I am ignoring them. Our hair should not be too long, it should not be too dark, we shouldn't party, we shouldn't wear shorts, we shouldn't wear shorter dresses, we shouldn't wear bright make up, and we shouldn't take up space or make noise or have strong opinions or speak too loudly--but those rules go for women from the time of birth, actually.

Eff that nonsense.

As a person that is moving into that old age group - I'll say I've earned the right to do what I please, but I also have the maturity to know there are costs. And I have enough confidence to stop caring about what others think. I've developed enough of a moral and ethical compass to know whether or not my actions will truly harm others, and long hair and shorts will not do that. 

As for this episode - I don't get what Mike was so upset about? That he slept with someone? Isn't that a logical conclusion when everyone else is back, and when they wake up you have not slept in your bed?

Why did Neema and Shervin go early and then not walk Gigi through a pitch? She has a great story - between her hearing and RA issues, and a reason to start her company. Did she not even watch a repeat of Shark Tank? I don't get why she is so unprepared. 

• Like 7

MJ is wearing that dress to walk down the isle and get married. Then I think I heard Reza say that she was changing into a jumpsuit because “girl can rock a jumpsuit”. I’m glad she has a doesn’t give a rat’s ass about what other people think and just goes for what she wants and likes. That’s bravery to me. 

I think that GG was trying to get prepped and then got stoned. She had that stoner grin on her face when she got onstage. It’s a shame she couldn’t pull off her marketing approach because I would have liked to see her succeed at her pot business. You can only make that first impression once and I don’t know that she will ever have a bigger audience of willing financial backers again. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, nenya said:

I don't get why she is so unprepared. 

Because she is vapid AND vaped.  So much that she actually thinks some cannibussers haven't heard of inhalers.  Such an entitled fucking twit, that one.  She deserves to be the only pot entrepreneur in California who doesn't succeed.

• Like 16

28 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

MJ is wearing that dress to walk down the isle and get married. Then I think I heard Reza say that she was changing into a jumpsuit because “girl can rock a jumpsuit”. I’m glad she has a doesn’t give a rat’s ass about what other people think and just goes for what she wants and likes. That’s bravery to me. 

I think that GG was trying to get prepped and then got stoned. She had that stoner grin on her face when she got onstage. It’s a shame she couldn’t pull off her marketing approach because I would have liked to see her succeed at her pot business. You can only make that first impression once and I don’t know that she will ever have a bigger audience of willing financial backers again. 

Where in the world did GG get the idea that she’s Queen Shit?! Her parents did her no favors if they enabled such entitled ridiculousness.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Because she is vapid AND vaped.  So much that she actually thinks some cannibussers haven't heard of inhalers.  Such an entitled fucking twit, that one.  She deserves to be the only pot entrepreneur in California who doesn't succeed.

Well that proves how out of it that I am. I didn’t know about inhalers. Just the kind you get for wheezing like Albuterol. Here you can’t even get medical marijuana which is stupid since my state grew really good tobacco back in the day. We have some of the worst school systems and teachers aren’t paid a living wage. All that taxable income could do so much for so many (besides line the pockets of our crooked politicians). GG not succeeding does not bother me. Someone will always enable her but it sure isn’t going to look cute in 10-20 years when she loses her figure and looks. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jennylauren123 said:

You have a point to a point.  These people are aged 37 (GG) to their mid 40s (Mike, Reza and MJ).  If my 21 year old acted like this I would have a big problem.  It's not cute of funny when you are on the wrong side of 40.  They get stinking drunk, fight, argue, and I am sorry but dress like crap.

33 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:
46 minutes ago, nenya said:

I don't get why she is so unprepared. 

Because she is vapid AND vaped.

At my next circle, ala That 70s show, I am using this statement.  Thank you.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Well that proves how out of it that I am. I didn’t know about inhalers. Just the kind you get for wheezing like Albuterol. Here you can’t even get medical marijuana which is stupid since my state grew really good tobacco back in the day. We have some of the worst school systems and teachers aren’t paid a living wage. All that taxable income could do so much for so many (besides line the pockets of our crooked politicians). GG not succeeding does not bother me. Someone will always enable her but it sure isn’t going to look cute in 10-20 years when she loses her figure and looks. 

She's already lost her looks, IMHO.

Oh, and how stupid is a state that sanctions cancer sticks, but not the miracle medicinal plant that could help a person dying from the ravages of said product?  My mind boggles ...

1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

At my next circle, ala That 70s show, I am using this statement.  Thank you.

You are ever so welcome.  Vapid is a sorely underused term, and vaped is seriously over-used.  Perfect harmony.  :-)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Sorry, still stuck on the presentation. I realize that being on reality TV =/= making business pitches or public speaking, but you’d think that after six seasons (plus this one) of being on TV, GG would be at least minimally aware that the people watching you will make judgments about you, and that mayyyyybe she should try to put her best foot forward. She’s all about never working a day in her life and now being THE BOSS, but not ACTUALLY putting any work in that real successful bosses do. 

Nema seems actually vaguely together and I think GG is gonna grow tiresome for him pretty soon.

She was high, wasn't she? And I do agree that Nema is going to grow tired of her immaturity.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, politichick said:

She was high, wasn't she? And I do agree that Nema is going to grow tired of her immaturity.

She is always high.

And yes, haven't we all tired of her immaturity by now?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

She is always high.

And yes, haven't we all tired of her immaturity by now?

GG's whole "pitch" was basically:

Hi it's me GG, don't you know who I am. I'm high AF right now and you should be too, here are some pretty pictures and numbers behind me. Give your money to me!

• Like 10

9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I've been meaning to say this about GG's cat, maybe it's been said? I'm surprised that there hasn't been  more SL made of it by GG.

That cat, I believe is a Bengal. They are a shitshow to own. I've met one in person once myself. It was the day of my son's father's funeral. We'd had the wake at the huge nursery the family owned and outside in the carpark, waiting for a cab home, there appeared this sensational cat. They are amazing to behold with their sleek bright markings and incredible eyes. On enquiry, as this wasn't a residential area, I learned that the cat had adopted the nursery, that sometimes it slept in certain 'locked'equiptment sheds and that it had attacked a worker already who had tried to feed it. I mean ATTACKED. Flew at a human at head height that it perceived was a threat. i love cats and freaks (I have polydactyl maine coons when I have cats), so I wanted to take it home. But the nursery had collectively recognised it as a 'wild thing' and sort of adopted it and its fiest as a kind of mascot. in another situation, this cat would have been removed and destroyed. They don't do well as pets. It's a fact. This one had run away from a domestic situation as they are rare here. 

I'm SURPRISED Gigi hasn't made a big deal of having a 'wild' cat cos she's a wild girl. On a sadder note, the other Bengal that I know of was given to a 'no kill' shelter.  It was the only cat they ever destroyed when it pulled the same move as the cat from the nursery. It needed help and flew repeatedly at the shelter owner's head when she tried to enter the enclosure. That cat was shot. I would not be surprised to suddenly stop seeing Gigi's cat next season. They are hard work and they're not tame. I think this is why so much footage has been recorded of the cat because production have probably seen or heard it in action. 

• Like 4

Crapballz.  Shoudl've sent the wildcat my way.  I let them be, and their best selves eventually emerge.  Poor damned kitty deserved better (said the person who has been to urgent care more than once for cat-related injuries!).  ;-)

• Like 8

This from a forum question about a Bengal cat described as 'unmanageable':

" Your cat will "calm down" when, instead of just feeding her, prior to feeding time, you play with her for about 20 minutes with a fishing pole toy such as "Da Bird". Drag it along the floor and get her to chase it. Then pull it up in the air so she'll jump after it." Bengals have a pronounced 'hunt/eat/sleep cycle and his is exactly what we are seeing Gigi addressing with her cat. Using the 'rod' with the object on the end for the cat to chase and catch. It looks like Gigi knows about the breed, because there are so many towers around also, and these cats are 'arboreal' ie. like to be up high. It really confuses me why she's not even referred to the breed. 

• Like 1

People need to realise that all domesticated animals came from the wild.

I am always amazed when I watch our cats that they allow us to co-exsist and interact with them in any manner (different species and all that jazz).

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Well look at who she comes from.  The Father gives in to her every whim .. it’s unbelievable. Who showers her with gold, ap@rtments, clothes, etc. Her sister is a worker and is disgusted with her.  What does this Father do by the way .. make money in the basement?  Between her not working and temper, she is a disaster,  and if she keeps up with the cosmetic surgery, she’ll wind up ugly altogether.  And the love of knives .. that’s another story.  No wonder Asa doesn’t bother with them anymore since the baby.  I don’t blame her.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, nexxie said:

Where in the world did GG get the idea that she’s Queen Shit?! Her parents did her no favors if they enabled such entitled ridiculousness.

If she had RA as a child, her parents my have tried to make other things “easier” for her. Back when I was a high school teacher, I remember a bright girl who had had open-heart surgery as a little girl. The girl’s mom had been spoiling her ever since, and the bright girl dropped out because she simply didn’t feel she had to make any actual effort to do school assignments.

• Like 6

On 10/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, jennylauren123 said:

Eff that nonsense.

Perfection. You are the queen!

Ha, I'm 51 and I didn't take offense.  I didn't take that comment as ageism, but just when you party non-stop and to the point of drunken antics, you'd think you would have outgrown that by now.  On the hair too long, too dark, bright make-up...admittedly I make comments like that all the time when I watch these shows.  I see a Kyle from RHOBH and want cut her hair to shoulder length and lighten it up.  I want to take all of the false eyelashes off all of the older women as I think it ages them!  For me, it's not so much rules for the elderly, but about styling yourself such that you look more youthful.  Long hair on older women, tons of makeup, Forever 21 clothing tends to age them when that is not what they are really hoping for!

On 10/12/2018 at 2:39 PM, politichick said:

I don't think Nema even really likes her -- just a showmance.

• Like 7

On 10/12/2018 at 6:54 PM, queenjen said:

This from a forum question about a Bengal cat described as 'unmanageable':

" Your cat will "calm down" when, instead of just feeding her, prior to feeding time, you play with her for about 20 minutes with a fishing pole toy such as "Da Bird". Drag it along the floor and get her to chase it. Then pull it up in the air so she'll jump after it." Bengals have a pronounced 'hunt/eat/sleep cycle and his is exactly what we are seeing Gigi addressing with her cat. Using the 'rod' with the object on the end for the cat to chase and catch. It looks like Gigi knows about the breed, because there are so many towers around also, and these cats are 'arboreal' ie. like to be up high. It really confuses me why she's not even referred to the breed. 

Maybe she's being responsible in not drawing attention to the breed?

People see a movie or tv show and lose their minds.  I'm just going to come out, say it and endure the wrath that may follow. 

Generally speaking.  Some breeds are not meant for the masses.

Bengals are not meant for the everyday household.  This is not a cat that you can leave alone for 8 hrs a day.  They require huge amounts of stimulation and can be terribly destructive.

Confession.  I have a wolfdog.  He's low to mid content and he's terrific!  I adore him and he's well mannered.  But that didn't just happen.  We knew what we were adopting.  Most people do not or will not devote the time needed, to have a calm and confident wolfdog. 

So when people in public rave about him and inquire how to get one, I lie.  I lie to the vet so he can get a rabies vaccine.  I lie and say he's malamute and white shepherd and leave out the timber and tundra wolf. 

I lie because there are too many wolf dogs stuck at sanctuaries. Deemed unadoptable. Because people completely underestimate their ability to care for an animal.

Pitbulls, Dalmatians, Chihuahuas, shoot any dog breed featured in a hit movie or tv show (Game of Thrones references and Red Riding Hood get thrown at me all the time) is almost a guarantee to overwhelmed rescue groups being more overwhelmed. 

So.  To end my long rant.  Don't get a Bengel until you have fully read up.on them and honestly assess your patience level and training skills.

https://www.wildcatsanctuary.org/so-you-think-you-want-a-bengal-cat-like-thor-think-again/

Edited by dosodog
  • Like 9

@dosodog, hear hear. I really wondered about the absence of mention of this cat and I hope you are right. With respect to wolf hybrids, i'll never forget an episode on Cesar Milan's show devoted to them, first I'd heard about them. A guest expert that Cesar had to speak to the 'not having them as pets' side of the argument, simply looked the camera right in the eye and said with great emphasis 'nature. does not. belong. in a cage'. He had them, but they were not treated like domestic canines. I'd love to see a real wolf. We don't have them here.

• Like 3

For the record, we didn't seek out a wolfdog.  Before Doso, there was Oso.  We thought Oso was Malamute and Husky.  The vet clued us in when we took him in for his puppy shots that he was also wolf. 

Jim had a natural way with animals, but I went into research mode and had to change some of my ways.

When Oso died we wanted to stay with the Northern breeds, but could not find any rescue groups that were willing to adopt out an older dog mal or husky to a home with a cat and they rarely get puppies. 

A customer introduced me to the girl we got Doso from.  We had to have vet references, a meet and greet, pictures if our home and yard and sign contracts releasing him back to her if we didn't treat him right.  We decided that since we raised Oso successfully, we could be a good forever home for a wolfdog and lower his chances of being sent to a sanctuary. 

She keeps track of us on Facebook.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 10:42 PM, NYCFree said:

If she had RA as a child, her parents my have tried to make other things “easier” for her. Back when I was a high school teacher, I remember a bright girl who had had open-heart surgery as a little girl. The girl’s mom had been spoiling her ever since, and the bright girl dropped out because she simply didn’t feel she had to make any actual effort to do school assignments.

This is similar to Aviva Teichner Drescher. Admittedly her injury was far more traumatic than GG's RA, but Aviva's parents turned her into a monster by indulging her. I think, academically, Aviva's family expected certain things from her, which is why she has a masters and a juris doctorate, but she's never worked outside of the home. She has to travel with her husband at all times and why her family bought an island in the Caribbean so that she could swim and be on the beach without people looking at her prosthetic.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

her family bought an island in the Caribbean so that she could swim

That is a whole new level of enabling. I’m stunned. 

• Like 2