GHScorpiosRule

Exiled: A Law & Order Movie: The Movie That Never Happened!

On 2/9/2017 at 6:05 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Also, the characters were not portrayed well at all. McCoy's one brief scene was useless and he was totally wasted and that was all their was for the legal side and Lennie didn't look good at all, and I didn't like that scene on the roof between him and Mike either. And I didn't like how they ruined Profaci either.

Ruining Profaci is the only thing that can't be forgiven. Anything else can be written around or hand waved away or just forgotten. But trashing one of the only characters left from the pilot (and the only one from the original pilot) for no good reason and to no particular effect is simply inexcusable, If there was a real motivation or if it had some sort of lasting effect or even motivated some sort of drastic action by one of the main cast that simply wouldn't be accepted by the audience if it was someone we didn't know and feel a connection to as well that would be one thing. But it wasn't. It didn't even feel well thought out. It just seems like a cheap attempt to surprise us by making it one of the show's cast without any proper set up which makes it more of a slap in the face to the actor, the character, and the fans. Honestly if they wanted to write him off and give us a badly written shocking twist ending I'd have preferred him getting fired and asking Van Buren "is this because I'm a lesbian?"

Edited by wknt3 · Reason: hit submit before finishing editing reply
  • Like 2

Agreed, that was the worst part of the movie. They threw Profaci under the bus and I didn't like it at all. It was a cheap ending that was disrespectful to the character. 

That was just the worst of many flaws in the movie though. Like I say, there were a ton of filler scenes, McCoy was wasted and Lennie not written well, the case dragged, and it didn't feel like L&O. A very weak effort for a very good idea. 

• Like 2