CooperTV

S01.E02: Reentry

Just as I was starting to think "damn, this show is kind of sappy ..."  - they immediately followed the musical montage with the woman getting shot to death by the creepy shadow man in her own home.   Welp!  Never mind!

I'm not totally sold on Ben or Michaela, as I find them both kind of distant in a lot of scenes.   But Michaela lying to Lourdes at the end, to make her feel better about moving on with Michaela's fiancee, was interesting and gave her character some much needed depth.     I would like a lot more background on that car accident she was in before she took her fateful trip.   Which I'm sure is coming, but I am impatient ...

I had to roll my eyes at Ben just happening on the real jewel thief in the storage place.   I guess the point of the show is there are no coincidences, but that was still contrived as hell.   He just happened to be in the same storage place Olive stashed all her brother's and father's stuff in?  

• Like 3

If I was on that plane and came back 5 1/2 years later and as a Cleveland Brown fan I would think shit nothing has changed except for the 99 Quarterbacks since then.

Michaela really needs to set up an appointment to get her eyebrows done.  They are weighing down her facial expressions.

Oh and fiancé marrying BFF?  Something was going on before the disappearance.  I call bullshit on the whole posting every day how much BFF missed her.  

Where is Dad?  He just shows up at the airport and tells them oh Mom is dead and just leaves?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mytmo said:

Something was going on before the disappearance.  I call bullshit on the whole posting every day how much BFF missed her.  

I don’t get that vibe, they certainly wouldn’t be the first couple to be formed from grieving a mutual loved one together. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2018 at 8:41 AM, DFWGina said:

They were coming from Jamaica so maybe something Rastafarian :-)

I find that Haile unlikely! LOL

14 hours ago, mytmo said:

If I was on that plane and came back 5 1/2 years later and as a Cleveland Brown fan I would think shit nothing has changed except for the 99 Quarterbacks since then.

The Browns have won 2 games this season!  A Browns fan who heard that would be uncredulous and overjoyed!

• Like 1