garnetarden

The Cool Kids

I liked the funeral episode. Always great seeing Bob Gunton. And I did not expect Jackee to be Hank's ex. But they had some good stuff.

• Like 3

I thought this episode with the grief counselor was the best one yet, especially when it turns out she showered the group to find a man. 

Sid’s show was hilarious.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, xander874 said:

I liked the funeral episode. Always great seeing Bob Gunton. And I did not expect Jackee to be Hank's ex. But they had some good stuff.

She looks real good, but the sass and posture are still there.  Who played Reggie?  Woooeee, was he hot.   I thought “Donna’s husband” going on a date days aft his wife’s funeral a bit unseemly.

• Like 5

On 1/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, roamyn said:

She looks real good, but the sass and posture are still there.  Who played Reggie?  Woooeee, was he hot.   I thought “Donna’s husband” going on a date days aft his wife’s funeral a bit unseemly.

Rick Fox played Reggie. He is a retired basketball player who was previously married to Vanessa Williams in real life. He also played Bernadette's ex on Big Bang once. He's a cottage Industry of stunt casting as the insecurity inducing boyfriend on shows.

Edited by red12
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, red12 said:

Rick Fox played Reggie. He is a retired basketball player who was previously married to Vanessa Williams in real life. He also played Bernadette's ex on Big Bang once. He's a cottage Industry of stunt casting as the insecurity inducing boyfriend on shows.

He was also Bow's ex-boyfriend on Blackish, with the implication that he could be Zoey's biological father.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 4

On 1/15/2019 at 12:07 AM, roamyn said:

I agree, that was tacky AF. I know people who started dating relatively shortly after a spouse's passing, but making a date at the memorial? Yikes.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, aquarian1 said:

Me, too!  I really loved the hallway lasagna? (what was left there?) that was spiked.

“I’m not a baby dragon, I’m an adult lizard”!  Then he pounced on gorgeous George.  Man that was great.

• Like 1

Margaret’s daughter was so predictably awful and I don’t think Margaret would be that dumb or such a pushover to fall for her daughter’s fake crying. 

“$1800? I need to stand up and pace on that!”

”I don’t have cats.” “HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!”

”Tough love don’t wear pants!”

Lots of good lines tonight. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Taking a stranger's cake away from him and eating it even after he objected is so far beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior that by the time she was scamming her mother, I was already past the point of being even minimally surprised by how far she'd go to be horroble, and I didn't believe it at all that she took the lesson and made a change.

• Like 3

That opening scene with the daughter at the table reminded me of the first episode when Margaret sat down in the dead guys spot. Not sure if that’s true because I am too lazy to go back and watch. But if so that is cool. 

The actress playing the daughter was good casting. She had the sarcastic part down wel. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, xander874 said:

The actress playing the daughter was good casting. She had the sarcastic part down wel

She's good on another show called "It's always sunny in Philadelphia." Her husband, Charlie Day produces that show and The Cool Kids."

• Like 2

I liked this ep alot. Lots of good lines. It was also nice seeing Charlie's apt, I don't know if they've shown it before. Also nice seeing Hank be the voice of reason, so he's not just a buffoon all the time.

Yeah the daughter was kind of over the top and the turnaround seemed awful quick but ok.

This show has really grown on me. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hero said:

She's good on another show called "It's always sunny in Philadelphia." Her husband, Charlie Day produces that show and The Cool Kids."

That was Dee!!!! I knew she looked familiar but for some reason I couldn't place her. It makes sense though. I wonder if Charlie will come back one day too. Maybe a hot romance with the Allison?

4 hours ago, xander874 said:

That was Dee!!!! I knew she looked familiar but for some reason I couldn't place her. It makes sense though. I wonder if Charlie will come back one day too. Maybe a hot romance with the Allison?

She plays the waitress.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 12:19 AM, Hero said:

She was also Nick's ex-girlfriend on New Girl (hated her) and Fred Savage's wife on The Grinder (loved her and that show!). And, Fred Savage directed this episode!

• Like 2