saber5055

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

1 hour ago, Sharpie66 said:

Depends on if you mean Cornish pasties or stripper pasties.

Either meaning works for parties. 😉 Though dullard that I am, I'd prefer the Cornish pasties, please.

Edited by Clanstarling

WEEK 23 — TWO asterisks
111. Primetime TV. “Complications” was a suggested title for this ABC drama that was renewed for a 15th season in 2018.
112. Islands. 650 miles off the U.S., it was the site of a 1609 shipwreck of colonists bound for Jamestown that may have inspired “The Tempest.”
 * 113. Poets. He gave his pets names like Wiscus, Pettipaws, George Pushdragon & Jellylorum, the last of which he used in a poem. *
114. Colorful Geography. Named for a soldier killed in 1846 at the start of a war, it was in the news again as a port of entry to the U.S. in 2018.
 * 115. 19th Century Inventors. He spent his life improving a plant-based substance he described as a “vegetable leather” or “elastic metal.”

Edited by saber5055

8 minutes ago, j5cochran said:
38 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I guess I was on the writers wavelength 5/5 with 2*.

I hereby pass along the Crown to the Smartypants of Week 23!

I suspect @biakbiak is not on the writers' wavelengths, he/she IS one of the writers. *cough*

• Laugh 1

30 minutes ago, Abstract said:

3/5 this week including the two TS.

@Abstract, I don't have any previous scores for you but I will start you with Week 23 so you can play along with everyone else. If you have the energy to go back and report Weeks 1-22, I'll record those and you'll be up to date and prize eligible -- I'm fine with that. Meanwhile, welcome to The Game!

Week 23 - 0/5, no *

Season to date - 55/115, 6*

Guess I'm sitting in the Dunce Cap corner for  the week.  On the plus side, I made baked doughnuts yesterday, and they were so good!  I'll toss a virtual one your way if you like doughnuts, Saber! The ones I made don't have sprinkles, though.  image.thumb.png.b32d9c63102a840a37d46cd3ffd76c91.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Guess I'm sitting in the Dunce Cap corner for  the week.  On the plus side, I made baked doughnuts yesterday, and they were so good!  I'll toss a virtual one your way if you like doughnuts, Saber! The ones I made don't have sprinkles, though.  

You are maybe in the Dunce Cap Corner this week, but you have a long way to (not) go to beat my low score. Unlike golf, being the leader in the low score is not a good look in this contest. However, I DO LOVE ME SOME DOUGHNUTS and I never get them. So yours are a special treat @zoey1996. Thank you so much for thinking of me. (I'm not a sprinkles fan so all is good.) YUM!

3/5, two asterisks! I didn't have a clue for Brownsville, but I should have gotten Bermuda