saber5055

Season 35 Final Jeopardy Contest

A nasty week, 0/5. 5/5 weeks are rare, but not as rare as 0/5. Usually I manage to get at least one. Yikes.

• Like 1

Getting caught up.

Week 16 - 2/5, no *

Season to date - 43/80, 4*

Week 17 - 2/5, 1*

Season to date - 45/85, 5*

Had a great time with family, but glad to be back.  I missed my dogs, and all of you too!

• Like 1

Oh dear, 1/5 for week 17. I'm blaming night shifts. Which I am doing again this week, so....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fex said:

Oh dear, 1/5 for week 17. I'm blaming night shifts.

At least you have something to blame. So there's that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I'm all caught up!

Smarty pants. The cold air agreed with you.,

1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Well, if they hadn't accepted "Milne", I wouldn't have done so well.  For no apparent reason, I could not come up with his first name(s), and I even watched "Christopher Robin" on the flight south!

• Like 1

Bad bad week this week!  Only 2/5. 

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

But it's been cold here, too!  Colder, in fact, than it was on my trip! 

• Like 1

WEEK 18 — TWO asterisks
* 86. 19th Century Notables. When he died in Samoa in 1894 his obituary said, “He loved Samoa better than any other place, except Scotland.”   *
87. 1950s Travel. In March 1958 Hilton opened a hotel in this Western Hemisphere capital but 2 1/2 years later was out of business there.
88. TV Dramas. So that viewers wouldn’t think it was about opera, the “R” in this show’s logo was turned into a gun.
89. American Landmarks. Eyewitness Jose Marti wrote, “Luckless Irishmen, Poles, Italians…run toward the wharves” to see its dedication.
* 90. Famous Doctors. Not an artist himself, he inspired the Surrealists but thought them “absolute cranks” until he met Dali in London in 1938.

2 minutes ago, j5cochran said:

4/5 with one *.

I'll have you know you just ruined our Everyone Gets a Two week. Cue Double Mint music: "2, 2, 2 scores for (every) one."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I'll have you know you just ruined our Everyone Gets a Two week. Cue Double Mint music: "2, 2, 2 scores for (every) one."

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!!!

Watch me next week, to see how many I get right!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, j5cochran said:

4/5 with one *. I knew RLS, but Freud was out of my mind!

4/5 with one *. I came up with Freud instantly, but didn't know RLS. We would make a good team :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fex said:

4/5 with one *. I came up with Freud instantly, but didn't know RLS. We would make a good team :D

I'm quoting you because we did the same. :D 

13 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Well, if they hadn't accepted "Milne", I wouldn't have done so well.  For no apparent reason, I could not come up with his first name(s), and I even watched "Christopher Robin" on the flight south!

Would you recommend that movie? I think I heard it was good.

• Like 2

3/5, one *.  No cable TV, never saw "Sopranos" or the logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Would you recommend that movie? I think I heard it was good.

I enjoyed it quite a lot.  I really liked the animation of the animals, too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I only got the easiest ones....sigh.

They are only easy if you know them ... and you did. So: Good For You! (We haven't had a drink here in a long time.)

• Like 2

2/5 this week, with Wednesday and Thursday being instagets. I liked how the champ wrote The Statue of Liberty??? on Thursday, with the ?s as if to say, can it be that easy???

• Like 3

5/5 with two asterisks. I went to a Dali show that mentioned Freud so that was easy. 

• Like 2

Week 18: 4/5, 1*

Makes up for last week's pathetic showing, although I'm still hovering around 50% overall.

• Like 1

Just wanted to let you know I won't be reporting my scores until January 29. I'm going to Detroit for the US Figure Skating Championship (as a spectator, not participant). Just as well as I'm 0/4 so far this week. Back in competition for the worst score award!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I'm going to Detroit for the US Figure Skating Championship

Have fun, enjoy yourself and be careful traveling in this blizzard. Do you have a vested interest in a competitor? If so, do tell. Maybe you'll meet Johnny and Tara! Score sheet will be waiting for your return, no problem.

Mon and Wed were hopeless for me, and I flipped a coin on Tue and was wrong.  Fortunately, Thu and Fri were both good, so that's 2/5 with an asterisk.

• Like 1

WEEK 19 — ONE asterisk  
91. Familiar Phrases. Originally a folk term for a chronic rash, this phrase got a new meaning as a title for a 1952 stage comedy & later a movie.
92. Presidential Quotes. He said, “Victory over (the) Depression will be…by the resolution of our people to fight their own battles in their own communities.”
93. People & Places. In 1790 Thursday October Christian became the first child whose birth was recorded on this remote island.
94. Contemporary Art. After it was auctioned in 2018, a work by this artist was renamed “Love Is In The Bin.”
* 95. TV Personalities. In 2000 this man was the host of a No. 1 rated network show & and a No. 2 rated syndicated talk show. *

Edited by saber5055

4/5 with one *. Who knew my grandmother’s love of Regis would come in handy. 

• Like 1

3 of 5 this week, based on my answers while sitting in the studio. And the * for Regis Philbin! (Boy, was it hard not to yell that one out!)

• Like 2

2/5 this week. No asterisk.

I guessed Jeff Probst last night, but didn't really think it was right. Trying to think back to 2000.... a number one network show with a host? Survivor was all I could come up with. Forgot all about Millionaire!

• Like 1