Pete Martell

Spoilers and Speculation

Speaking of the Termites, 9 years into the ZA, now is the time for the Termite storyline, it would actually be believable now, not sixteen months in with food still in the stores. They could have made the Whisperers cannibals, it would have fitted perfectly with the ‘wearing a face’ gimmick, made them a really scary bunch and after laughing boy it would have got the show back on the horror track.  Carol killing a Whisperer and discovering it wearing The King’s face, that’s the sort of shock we want.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 6

Trailer for mid season premier,

That infinity symbol once again, are we going to see Sherry as a Whisperer?

Edited 4 hours ago by OoohMaggie.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

{ Hey now - who doesn’t enjoy a little BobbyQ every now and then?  ;> ]

Especially when the meat’s been tenderised in that wonderful alcohol mix marinade, mm mmmmm, a little charring on the skin for me please.

Mmmm... There’s a local place whose secret BBQ recipe involves a certain degree of Jack Daniels - so guess what I’m going to have for lunch now....  ;>

• Like 3

13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Speaking of the Termites, 9 years into the ZA, now is the time for the Termite storyline, it would actually be believable now, not sixteen weeks in with food still in the stores. They could have made the Whisperers cannibals, it would have fitted perfectly with the ‘wearing a face’ gimmick, made them a really scary bunch and after laughing boy it would have got the show back on the horror track.  Carol killing a Whisperer and discovering it wearing The King’s face, that’s the sort of shock we want.

Yes x 4. Can you like, send an email to Kang or something? Sadly, it's too late for cannibals and I always thought the instant industrialized cannabalism of the Termites was a WTF? thing, but maybe you can help set TPTB on the right path.

• Like 2

I did mean 16 months not weeks, apart from being so premature, the Termite story and in particular the trough scene, one of the best moments in the show ever, was a great idea. Compared to the 100 year Saviour war, Terminus was all over far too quickly. Carol’s redemption, the return of Judith, Carol and Daryl’s reunion, all great moments in the show’s history.

Whether the Termites were brutalised by a wandering gang or not, 16 months and so many previously kind people, are perfectly happy to not just murder innocents, but butcher and eat them, with Grandma standing out front giving out the welcoming smiles and flipping Bobby burgers!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 3

On 1/31/2019 at 4:05 AM, OoohMaggie said:

{ Hey now - who doesn’t enjoy a little BobbyQ every now and then?  ;> ]

Especially when the meat’s been tenderised in that wonderful alcohol mix marinade, mm mmmmm, a little charring on the skin for me please.

You guys are so mean.  I cried when Bob died. 

• Like 3

On 1/31/2019 at 8:28 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Trailer for mid season premier,

That infinity symbol once again, are we going to see Sherry as a Whisperer?

Edited 4 hours ago by OoohMaggie.

“Ah em Elpha”.  Oh goody!  More awful southern accents. 

• Like 2

And I'm sure we're going to get a Negan-esque let down. 

Thank you! I'll be here all week. 

• Like 7

This guy has definitely got a secret Mars Bar stash, no wonder his poor horse looks exhausted 🍫🍫

A1C9D267-3555-4080-B768-6D5BFF8E919D.jpeg

• Like 5

Ep 10 Promo’s                                                                                                                                                                      

251DB3B8-A9D7-427D-81EE-100A75B6C6D8.jpeg

CEEC40FC-FE70-4D12-8A21-97B9F2C70341.jpeg

Ep 11 Promo’s

1C5D8666-03CC-4871-B991-A2F6EA70E5DB.jpeg

5CF34AA9-CF24-4C3F-AD50-43C385C43D19.jpeg

635FAB1E-2732-449E-930F-B9A503BBE79F.jpeg

34CB001F-F214-4A05-A238-AEC1843E1D68.jpeg

Ep 12 Promo’s

41BAEC5D-F278-4CD4-9CD6-47AFDAD0147A.jpeg

3804B907-F262-4277-80DC-479C24DC58FF.jpeg

776C9761-5EF5-4535-A59A-42E2307ADBC6.jpeg

Ep 13 Promo’s

4B8FD187-FEA3-419F-BABD-6525DEABF470.jpeg

0ABFC01D-893B-44D3-93B3-04E23ECC1BD2.jpeg

A1DB2C51-EBE1-4139-8A9B-5768B526F73B.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 2

Don’t bring a knife to a sword fight!                                                                                                                   

That is a pretty stupid strategy they’re employing, doesn’t the Whisperer think to himself that the guy with the crossbow is going to shoot everyone here, so why don’t I rush him while he’s reloading? Or maybe even employ some team tactics and ALL rush him while he’s reloading. 

Edited by OoohMaggie

11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

This guy has definitely got a secret Mars Bar stash, no wonder his poor horse looks exhausted 🍫🍫

A1C9D267-3555-4080-B768-6D5BFF8E919D.jpeg

I like a man with a little chub.  He’s sexy!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

like a man with a little chub.  He’s sexy!

Nothing wrong with that,  but how is he maintaining that ‘chub’ living on turnips? 🤢

It’ll be nteresting to see how the Whisperers feed themselves, they don’t strike me as farming folk.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 4

From ComicBook,

Fingers crossed, but please don’t leave anything up to ‘The Gimp’

"We will hopefully come back to Maggie's story in Season 10," Kang said. "Lauren and I have been texting about some things, and we're hopefully gonna schedule a conversation, but Georgie's group is definitely out there in the world doing some stuff, and I have some notion of what they're up to. They may also be part of the universe in general. That's really up to Scott [Gimple], but we'll see how it all plays out. In our minds, there's a lot of things going on in the world around our characters and the way that it intersects with our story, that's part of what we're talking about currently."

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/02/04/the-walking-dead-season-10-maggie-rick-renewal/

• Like 4

It was good to hear that opening music again, it was a bit of a slow burner premier, I was hoping Kang was doing away with the silly scenes, I’ll  say no more than the second meeting of Laughing Boy and SuperBrat.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Nothing wrong with that,  but how is he maintaining that ‘chub’ living on turnips? 🤢

It’ll be nteresting to see how the Whisperers feed themselves, they don’t strike me as farming folk.

Same as Tara.  

• Like 1

Uh Oh!

From THR

The 'Black Panther' star will depart the AMC zombie drama, which helped her skyrocket to fame, in season 10.

Danai Gurira, a breakout star of AMC's The Walking Dead, is exiting the series.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gurira, who officially joined the series in season three as iconic katana-wielding badass Michonne, has signed a deal to return for her final season of the zombie drama.

Under her new deal, Gurira will return in a limited capacity — described as only a handful of episodes — that will be interspersed throughout season 10. The actress, playwright and social activist will then likely segue to the three Walking Dead movies that AMC is planning with former leading man Andrew Lincoln. The latter has played the central role of Rick Grimes since the pilot and departed in the first half of season nine.

AMC and representatives for Gurira declined comment.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-danai-gurira-exit-1184189

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Only possible upside, is she taking the Brat with her?

• Like 3

Michonne is a big loss, but the show will keep going on. I do wonder if she will be taking her kids with her. The only way I don't see that happening is if she is kidnapped like Rick. 

It is going to take some time to get used to the new style of the forums.

• Like 1

I’ve been over Michonne for awhile now.  Thanks Show.  

I think they’ll wrap it up soon.  The show has lost its luster.  None of the current characters can carry the show.  

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Maggie is missed.  Bad accent and all.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Maggie is missed.  Bad accent and all.  

That’s the spirit! 👍

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

From the linked story:

For the Walking Dead franchise, however, the three Lincoln-led films have now gained some serious star wattage with Gurira. (Lincoln and Gurira were romantically paired on Walking Dead, and Madden noted he had "high hopes that Rick and Michonne's paths will cross again.") The first film will be told from Rick's point of view.

So Michonne's happy ending will probably be to ride off into the sunset with Rick?  Okay then.

• Like 1

This show is dying much faster than the zombies are. I know I've said I'm sticking with it until the very end, but I may be breaking that promise. Honestly, the thought of watching tomorrow seems like such a chore. I'll watch the rest of this season, and after that, I'll really have to think about it. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Please report any sighting of this character on or around the Walking Dead set.

D29C5C1D-B909-4B9A-9148-79617CB3FCCD.jpeg

Did you check the writers’ room?

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

I knew DG was going to leave.  She doesn't need this show and why should she stick around when she's watched shabbily her colleagues have been treated.  That 'we're all one big happy family' bullshit only seems to apply to certain family members.  They throw buckets of money at Reedus but won't give Lauren a piece of that?  Maggie is just as important a character as Daryl is and her absence has made a BIG difference in the show.  Do they really think giving Daryl a dog is going to make up for the loss of a major character?

I never thought I'd be indifferent to the loss of Michonne but that's what Gimple and his imps have done to me.  They gutted the character to the point where she was ALL ABOUT RICK.  Well, Rick isn't there anymore so what other purpose does Michonne serve? 

I really hope that Danai doesn't sign on for the movies that Gimple and Lincoln have been going on about.  The stink from that idea is already overwhelming.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Uh Oh!

From THR

The 'Black Panther' star will depart the AMC zombie drama, which helped her skyrocket to fame, in season 10.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gurira, who officially joined the series in season three as iconic katana-wielding badass Michonne, has signed a deal to return for her final season of the zombie drama.

Under her new deal, Gurira will return in a limited capacity — described as only a handful of episodes — that will be interspersed throughout season 10. The actress, playwright and social activist will then likely segue to the three Walking Dead movies that AMC is planning with former leading man Andrew Lincoln. The latter has played the central role of Rick Grimes since the pilot and departed in the first half of season nine.

AMC and representatives for Gurira declined comment.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-danai-gurira-exit-1184189

And they just upped my interest in watching TWD movies.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2019 at 7:51 AM, Mu Shu said:

I’ve been over Michonne for awhile now.

Like Daryl (Mumble & Sulk) she's been turned into a two-note cut-out. All she does is Whisper & Glare from the one eye that's visible from that ludicrous hairdo.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:41 AM, SimoneS said:

I do wonder if she will be taking her kids with her.

I do hope so. At least we could finally get rid of the goddam HAT.

Fortunately, I feel anticipation for tonight.

Unfortunately, it's dread anticipation.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 4:37 PM, Nashville said:

Did you check the writers’ room?

If only I thought Big G would be satisfied with a few writer’s heads, I fear he is after bigger game.

Edited by OoohMaggie

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Unfortunately, it's dread anticipation

Im sure the Negan scenes will make you feel so much better 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Well, the spoilers and promo pics are all very yawn inducing.  I had pretty much forgotten about it all, but I came back to the forums to see chat about poor Kristoff St John on the Y&R pages.  Just seeing another pic of Judith reminds how much I can't really get past Carl.  Yet...yet...I'll be folding my laundry like every Sunday night.  I'll have to give the live chat a go at least.

• Like 3

So many main characters leaving the show that are still doing things in the comics. That's some major hits in a span of two seasons. I do wonder who will be taking on future plotlines involving them, and curious about the future of the show.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, peach said:

Well, the spoilers and promo pics are all very yawn inducing.  I had pretty much forgotten about it all, but I came back to the forums to see chat about poor Kristoff St John on the Y&R pages.  Just seeing another pic of Judith reminds how much I can't really get past Carl.  Yet...yet...I'll be folding my laundry like every Sunday night.  I'll have to give the live chat a go at least.

I totally forgot that it was on last night. I came here to post that Chandler's dad posted something on facebook, that I saw this morning, because the group I'd "snoozed" had posts appear in my feed again. He mentioned again that his son didn't want to leave, that he'd bought the house, and made arrangements for both college and work, only to be devastated when Gimple told him he was being killed off. He'd been assured that he was needed for three years, and going into that last meeting, his manager assured him again that he was needed. Something like that. 

He also said that Andrew Lincoln had wanted to leave for years, and would tell Chandler to be ready to be the leader. When he found out he was being killed off, he apparently said, "I'm done." 

• Like 1

I'm all for serialized storytelling, but there's something about these movies that get under my skin. I was watching this show, and I want the stories on this show to finish here, not in three telefilms or whatever that could just have been a solid half season. Now that's where Michonne will wind up? 

Maybe earn my continued consumption through great storytelling, instead of trying to force me there to get some kind of ending. 

Thank goodness for spoilers and recaps. 

• Like 3

Ep10 ‘Omega’ synopsis,

Residents of the Hilltop question if their latest arrival is a captive or refugee as they learn about a group of mask-wearing savages and their leader; a search party embark on a harrowing rescue mission to locate a pair of missing friends.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 1:17 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Wow! Just when I was beginning to think I could possibly, maybe, kind of like TWD after Rick and Maggie's departure. I didn't watch any TWD after the mid-season finale. I was so so fed up, didn't like the story-line, un-certain of my desire to continue to watch the show. Then, I re-watched S9 leading up to the mid-season premiere, and thought... well. maybe it's not so bad. Maybe I could like the new direction. I did like the last episode. But now... Michonne, too?? Why???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I was watching this show, and I want the stories on this show to finish here, not in three telefilms or whatever that could just have been a solid half season. Now that's where Michonne will wind up? 

Maybe earn my continued consumption through great storytelling, instead of trying to force me there to get some kind of ending. 

Couldn't agree more. I don't want to chase TWD all over the place. I'm not really interested in movies; or seeking back- or side-stories in other places. Even for Rick. Or Michonne. (I've not read the comics, but one could just get the whole story there... and get it much better.)

I wish they'd just have let Rick die and finished off his character, since he was leaving. Not trying to milk extra revenue/publicity off movies. If you can't finish it or do it in the main show... I'm just not that interested anymore! I'm not into crossovers, either. (And particularly where they're crossing to!)

It's not like it's the same show anymore anyways. They killed the original magic. The "family" is gone, and going. They're telling the original storylines with other characters who I don't like as well.

When I watch the show now, it's tolerating a whole new different show. Do they really think the original fans are going to follow the characters into movies and more? (And what's with only the X-finity viewers getting extended versions of the episode. I don't have it.)

I wouldn't be surprised if movies crashed and burned. Do they honestly think they can drag new viewers in? With all the other choices out there? Brutally honest, am I. But, honest! :)

• Like 5

If the movie script contains the same level of silliness as the show, they won’t be making a second.

Its time to get the cheque book out and hire some real talent for the big screen, I believe Frank Darabont is available 🤑

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1