SilverStormm

Love Island (UK)

Finally! I was hoping a forum would pop up. Ive been watching Love Island on Hulu here in the US. I'm over half way with the season that just aired this summer. I'm not really much of a reality show person but somehow I got sucked into this. 

3 hours ago, TotalHellion said:

I'm over half way with the season that just aired this summer.

It was awesome!  I highly suggest watching the previous seasons as well.

10 hours ago, OnceSane said:

It was awesome!  I highly suggest watching the previous seasons as well.

I have! Camilla was my favorite last season. This one I'm questioning Georgia and Sams decision to stay on the island but to be split up. 

2 hours ago, TotalHellion said:

Georgia and Sams decision to stay on the island but to be split up.

Right?  Why stay?  Just leave together and be happy.  Guess the famewhore genes are strong in them.

We're just over half-way through the most recent season and we're loving it.  Somewhat embarrassed to say we watch an episode almost every night.  I'm rooting for Dani and Jack...my husband just wants Dr. Alex to finally get some action <lol>.

So I found the show on Hulu after my friend was talking about the show and I started with Season 1. I'm on episode 15 now. The show is so addictive. I don't know if it's the "banter", the accents or what. I feel like it has some of the stuff Bachelor in Paradise falls short on - BiP is sometimes at its best when it's group dynamic fun stuff, but it does it so rarely. And while Love Island definitely has loads of ginned-up drama, it also has people cooking up breakfast together in the morning, running out into the pool in the rain, etc.

Would love to read more chatter about Season 1 if anyone's seen it. I think most of the boys are pretty terrible, though Jordan is lovely to look at and I like the way he carries himself in general. And newcomer Max seems all right. "Bring in the Jonathan" is entertaining. Of the girls, Zoe is my favorite, though I understand people who wouldn't like her. But maybe because I'm also a tall churchy girl with a prominent nose, I identify with her in some way. I'm warming up to Jess. I was completely on her side in her reaction over the stuff she overheard Luis and Josh saying in the hot tub, when they said the girls on the show were below their standards. Lauren has seemed to accept and even thrive being "just friends" with the guys. Hannah's Scouse accent! - I adore it.

• Like 1

I’m about halfway through the most recent season. The Brits are just better than us Americans. Period. This show is so much better than BiP and the contestants are much more civil and mature (even though they tend to be younger than everyone on Bachelor in Paradise). I also love that this show proves Chris Harrison’s entire job can be replaced by text messages. And the voiceover work is actually funny. We’ll see if the show keeps up, I’m at the point when Georgia is just lying to everyone and being an obnoxious brat. The show up until now has been really fun, but I have a feeling this Georgia chick is now going to start stirring up drama all the time to get airtime. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:28 AM, OnceSane said:

Right?  Why stay?  Just leave together and be happy.  Guess the famewhore genes are strong in them.

Just caught up. It’s pretty clear Georgia just wants to be on TV. I looked her up and she’s an Insta-Ho with over 1M followers. It’s a shame this season became the Georgia-Show because the rest seem like genuine, real, likeable human beings. But Georgia has just hijacked the show to promote herself with dumb catch phrases. Ugh. Maybe previous seasons won’t be so fake (though I couldn’t get into the first season as it seemed more meathead).