heatherchandler

S02.E05: Seeds of Doubt

Maybe Karine and Paul wouldn't have communication issues if they actually spoke the same language.

Paul should have picked up some Portuguese by this point.  And if Karine intends to come to the USA, she should be studying English.

Paul is a creep and annoying, but even he doesn't deserve to be responsible for the kid that Karine is clearly baking in her oven!

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

That steak WAS badly cooked. Just sayin

When my nieces were that age they probably would’ve enjoyed breaded chicken strips or spaghetti and meatballs more than a plain steak. 

• Like 9

None of these people belong together. 

Jon likes to beat people up. What’s he going to do with her if she pisses him off?

Ricky knows the language! Paul, you need to learn a thing or two. Oh, but wait, no way you’re getting married. Ricky and that woman are clearly smitten with each other, now he’s going to tell her about Melissa and probably blow it. You’ve just met her, why feel the need to dump everything right now?

Jessee has Bugs Bunny teeth, I just noticed it tonight. Better to chew that tough steak with, I guess.

Dean is an asshole. Tarik needs to be asking those types of questions, in private, not him.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If Darcey and Jesse appear in a scene with food, we can predict they will start yelling at each other walk out before eating anything. Maybe it's a type of diet plan. 

I think they are both hangry. That's why they argue when around food.

• Like 23

Dean just needs to accept the unholy alliance between Hazel and Tarik. She wants to get out of the country any way she can. He wants a smokin' hot chick who is half his age and way out of his league. Neither one of them is thinking about Tarik's autistic child. I'm wondering if they've given much thought to Hazel's son? Will he leave his father? Will his father even let him go? Will he stay in poverty in the Philippines? What will happen?

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Like 9

Oops, I forgot Ricky and the back-up!

They actually seem to have some chemistry.  Maybe he should have focused more on what his cupid matches had to say, instead of making a decision based on looks alone.

Because this whole thing has played out on TV and his family and friends do know that he originally went to meet Melissa, I think he does need to come clean at some point.  Probably not on date 2.  And I can just see Ricky messing that up when really he should just say something like, "I originally came to meet another match but we turned out not to have anything in common, so I thought I would get in touch while I was here."  Of course, that would have come off a little better if he hadn't done the "I don't know where I'll sleep"routine to get into bed with her as soon as they met.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

...And hey, I'm glad she changed from the spaghetti straps that were allowing 3/4 of her breasts-including the tattoo- to be revealed- to the cold-shoulder slogan t-shirt (I've forgotten what it said) to be more modest...

It said "flawless".  

• Like 16

These people are messes....all ...of..them!

Alternative theory, Karine is pregnant and Paul knows she is pregnant, the baby is his and TLC wanted to conceal it for the season.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 16

37 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

Paul should have picked up some Portuguese by this point.  And if Karine intends to come to the USA, she should be studying English.

I don't believe Pole has any intention of learning Portuguese. If Kreeny moves to the US though, she will be learning English.

• Like 8

Darcey has an eating disorder. She always starts fights and walks away from meals. That's a common technique with people who are making excuses to avoid food. 

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

MAGAMichael had a lot to say tonight! It looks like true love to me.

• I need to make EmphysemAngela happy, I'm hoping to be with Angela in the States
  • I want her to be happy because I want to spend the rest of my life with her IN AMERICA
  • "What turns you on about Angela?" Angela is going to take care of me and make me comfortable
  • We have cultural differences, but when SHE loves someone, she takes care of the person
  • She'll take care of her man
  • I hope it works out and we spend the rest of our lives in Trumpamerica

He's between a rock and a hard place, he obsequiously flatirons her hair to please her and get that US visa, but curiously the Smoking Bulldozer is angling for a "strong man" who is going to try put her in her place with his strength and domination, so that she can rebelliously fight him for the dog food bowl at every meal.  A lot of her discourse is about who has the power in the relationship, and how the power is hers and hers alone. She weakly pays lip-service to "50-50" and "WE will be running OUR house" but it's easy to see the cogs turning in her head forcing her to mouth these notions she doesn't believe in, for appearances' sake. And yet; she wants her romantic partner to covet that same power, and try to wrestle it from her - unsuccessfully of course.

Angela is your typical abuser who hides behind a backstory from decades ago to cast themselves as a victim, and make excuses for their mean streak. She snaps... because he makes her! It's not her fault, the poor dear has had some sad relationships before. She'd be great with Jesse, who does like older women, after all.

Only Angela can say the age difference may bother her. But if Michael says it... there will be hell to pay! She asks him what to wear, he answers politely that she could maybe cover her sprawling tattooed mammaries, and she blows a gasket. Why, these clothes don't make her look like a Walmart parking lot hoochie where she comes from! Mmmmm... who will disabuse her of this fantasy?

I suffer second-hand embarrassment when she brays like a donkey at 150 dB. Why is she braying when she's braying? What does it mean? It's just a power play. After she asked Michael's friends if her wrinkled ass is the "only one he been chasin'" she threw her head back and brayed for an eternity. They were so dumbfounded they didn't know what to say. They were very polite saying nothing when she complained about the lack of outdoor electric fans in Nigeria.  When she left to take a huge piss and smoke half a pack in the back, his friends' facial expression went from dumbfounded by Angela, to deeply worried and concerned about their friend selling his soul to this nasty, lined and withered nicotine addict.

No one can 'make' you do something unless they say hit me and then put your hand on them to hit them.

Abusers come in many forms. Many go on about being a 'victim' and that nothing is their fault. Always someone else. Nope, someone triggered something in them, and they chose to react in the way they do. Most are very very weak and have no power. So it is a prop to get them to perceive themselves to have power.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

A note on steak.  "juice" is retained by letting it rest.  Cutting across the grain, whether or not at an angle, makes it more tender to eat.  

Darcy “worked in a restaurant “, she knows best. But I agree with you , resting keeps it juicy, across the grain makes it tender. It still looked nasty, grey instead of brown. Didn’t they buy several big thick steaks, they only cooked one. And some rice a roni crap.

• Like 10

Lol at the poorly cut torn up badly cooked steak. Get a proper steak knife. I am kinda with Jesse on this one, she was being naggy and overbearing. They are both awful.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 24

37 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Jon "Do you trust me." Rachel "Yes." I saw nothing but fear and doubt in her eyes.

Well, TBH, that was the best thing to say whether she trusted him or not.  If she was worried, she shouldn't be saying anything to upset him while she's in a vulnerable position.

• Like 8

Just now, EllaDisco said:

Well, TBH, that was the best thing to say whether she trusted him or not.  If she was worried, she shouldn't be saying anything to upset him while she's in a vulnerable position.

Oh I agree but I think she was also trying not only to convince him but to convince herself.

• Like 3

He said “I know steak”. You dont cook steak in a stone cold pan. She needed to cut it on a “bias”? What the fuck does that mean? An angle? Both these assholes are too much. I feel sorry for those girls.

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Darcy “worked in a restaurant “, she knows best. But I agree with you , resting keeps it juicy, across the grain makes it tender. It still looked nasty, grey instead of brown. Didn’t they buy several big thick steaks, they only cooked one. And some rice a roni crap.

She was right about cutting the meat across the grain. However, no decent chef would send out steak sliced into sloppy, ragged, different sized pieces. Obviously, restauranting wasn't her future career. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Who goes to all the trouble to buy a beautiful steak, cook it poorly, tear it to shreds, then serve it with salty rice a roni? 

• Like 22

If I fry or grill a steak on the stove, it's in my Le Creuset grill pan. The pan has to be seasoned properly, the steak needs to be seared on high heat. That steak looked like something that came out of my old George Foreman Grill.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

If I fry or grill a steak on the stove, it's in my Le Creuset grill pan. The pan has to be seasoned properly, the steak needs to be seared on high heat. That steak looked like something that came out of my old George Foreman Grill.

Yes to all of this, I am a cast iron girl myself. I suspect even the George Foreman would have done a better job.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Dean just needs to accept the unholy alliance between Hazel and Tarik. She wants to get out of the country any way she can. He wants a smokin' hot chick who is half his age and way out of his league. Neither one of them is thinking about Tarik's autistic child. I'm wondering if they've given much thought to Hazel's son? Will he leave his father? Will his father even let him go? Will he stay in poverty in the Philippines? What will happen?

Smokin hot?  I cannot agree with you there.  I don’t find her good looking at all.  She does seem like a good person, and Dean was horrible to her, disgusting.

What the ever-loving fuck was Tariq wearing??  The black mesh with a white tank!! 

• Like 15

I didn't get the expense of buying those beautiful and expensive steaks at the butcher (not a grocery store special) and then frying them up like that. My on-sale ribeyes I bought yesterday (long weekend special) got better treatment in my bbq. Darcey could just have bought some cheaper sirloins. I was impressed how much space was around the stove. Mine is jammed in with the cupboards.

• Like 5