Athena

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

11 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

It is though. It sounded to me like he just swallowed the first part of the word “What.” I’ve heard that happen many times before on the show. 

I thought so, too. I'll have to rewatch.

Instead of Llasa, I said Katmandu. This was one of my answers I was sure was right. 😞

2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I think I'd love an actor who said "Holy Shit"

As for DD's - are they assigned by the question, or does Jeopardy just randomly assign them to a category (or column) and value?

Or like Doris Lessing on finding out she'd won the Nobel Prize: "Oh Christ."

• Like 2

Last night I had McCoys and Salinas as my only gets. I missed FJ and said Brigadoon. I think I was somehow thinking of a recent episode I watched and didn't even think of the lyrics to the song; I thought about the bridge part. I've probably watched 200 episodes over the past two weeks, so I'm going to stop watching for a few days; I have a four-day weekend from school for Rodeo Days, so I'm going to decompress.

I felt bad for Matt. He started really strong but faded in DJ. His facial expressions were freaking me out though. That's a face with a lot of character!

• Like 2

This is NOT a spoiler but.....what should we do about the contest due to the All-Star games? Again, not a spoiler but there was NO FJ today. Should we just count this week as a "short week" (score X/2) & pick it up again when the A-S games are over (with another short week X/3)? I'm sure there may be FJ questions during the A-S, but when? how many? etc.

I’m watching a rerun of Mama’s Family from 1988.  Mama is on Jeopardy!  Mama is playing against a Ph.D. and a thermonuclear engineer.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

As far as I'm concerned, a runcible spoon is just a big ol' spork, and I think the contestant who said spork should've been given the points.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, ABay said:

As far as I'm concerned, a runcible spoon is just a big ol' spork, and I think the contestant who said spork should've been given the points.

Well, then the Lear poem would have to be rewritten so:

They dined on mince, and pieces of pork, Which they ate with a cheap plastic spork;

Not not quite the same panache if you know what I mean.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2