Drogo

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I see your seen and raise you one romantical and one athletical.

And who can forget ‘physicality’ from Southern Charm?  

• Like 1

I’ll never forget Jorge accusing Anfisa of doing “prostatutorial” work. But we’ve gotten way off topic here. Maybe we need a separate forum just to discuss the way the American half of couples  mangles the English language. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’ll never forget Jorge accusing Anfisa of doing “prostatutorial” work.

it was his friend who inventionated that word.

• Like 7

On 10/16/2018 at 10:45 AM, AussieBabe said:

For $30 Rachel or Jon will wish you a happy birthday, anniversary, etc. I can't with these two. Charging "fans?" You're not famous...

Rachel does have a lovely smile. 

Lulz @ Fans ???

Jon seems like a low IQ Neanderthal.

NO. I won’t be making a purchase thanks.

Edited by DNR · Reason: Werds

My pet peeve: "He had went..."

I hope we never see the likes of Jon and Rachel again. How exciting can it be if for the next 2 years, and possibly forever, if Rachel and Jon aren't even married or in the same country? I can't foresee the relationship working though. I think Jon will cheat on Rachel and blame alcohol. I take that back. I think Jon will cheat and Rachel will take him back. 

Never want to see Ricky again. 

Never want to see the Christian stripper again. (Don't even remember her name.)

Darcy and Jesse? Ugh. Hate both of them. 

I'd like Rachel's address so that I may send her a box of my granddaughter's beautiful hand-me-downs. 

• Like 4

It would be really difficult for Rachel to get a visa to live in the UK. Jon would need to earn at least £18000/year. It may be even more with Lucy and other daughter. 

I’m an American married to a Brit and we live in the UK. Fortunately there wasn’t a financial requirement when I moved over here 15 years ago as Mr Pud and I weren’t making very much as we had just graduated from university. 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, AussieBabe said:

@Kareem I heard him say that, and it set off alarm bells. So even after getting kicked out of uni, seriously injuring someone, and having four other assault charges throughout the years, he was apparently still fighting. He's in his early or mid 30s, and if he went to uni somewhere between 17 and 22, it doesn't seem like he changed that much or learned any lessons. I don't know if he can't hold his liquor, has anger issues, or has no impulse control, but obviously he needs to change something. He tried to paint himself to be some noble, white knight gentleman. Once? OK. People will challenge you, and you have to defend yourself. Five assault charges and 50-60 fights? I wonder if Rachel has his full history like Pole gave to Karine's parents. You have a problem, sir. Maybe he needs to stay out of the bar. It's one thing to be fighting when you're young, dumb, and a drunk college student. It's another to be fighting as a grown man who needs to keep a job. What employer would employ a hot head? How challenging would it be for him to even get into the States on any type of permanent or long term visa with so many convictions? He couldn't get a tourist visa, so how will he secure a spousal visa? In keeping with that same thinking, how hard would it be for him to land employment with such a colourful record? Rachel obviously isn't thinking about any of that which explains why she married him in Cornwall. She probably thought it would improve his chances of getting a spousal visa. 

Re: Jon's alleged number of fights over the years.  Has the possibility been considered that he engages in street fights as a form of entertainment?  Some English travellers (a/k/a Romany, gypsies, gipsies) have been known to take to the streets and go all in for bare-knuckles brawls, sometimes planned in advance and other times occurring impulsively.  Spectators from their community will cheer their favorites on, similar to a pro (okay, semi-pro) boxing match.  It would not be a leap to think that TLC might distort or misrepresent  this past time of Jon's in order to convey something more dramatic and risky for the sake of a good story line.  Of course, Jon and Rachel would be required to play along, but I think we've seen that the benchmark is pretty low for reality-show participants.

I'm not by any means suggesting that Jon is, in fact, a traveller or associated with their community, but it is something to think about when all of those fights were discussed on the show.  

For what it's worth, I found this little flyer from 2015 advertising 24 affordable traveller and gypsy caravans (or pitches) for rent in Jon's hometown of Weston-super-Mare.  https://www.homechoicensomerset.org.uk/Data/Pub/PublicWebsite/ImageLibrary/GT leaflet.pdf

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Re: Jon's alleged number of fights over the years.  Has the possibility been considered that he engages in street fights as a form of entertainment?  Some English travellers (a/k/a Romany, gypsies, gipsies) have been known to take to the streets and go all in for bare-knuckles brawls, sometimes planned in advance and other times occurring impulsively.  Spectators from their community will cheer their favorites on, similar to a pro (okay, semi-pro) boxing match.  It would not be a leap to think that TLC might distort or misrepresent  this past time of Jon's in order to convey something more dramatic and risky for the sake of a good story line.  Of course, Jon and Rachel would be required to play along, but I think we've seen that the benchmark is pretty low for reality-show participants.

I'm not by any means suggesting that Jon is, in fact, a traveller or associated with their community, but it is something to think about when all of those fights were discussed on the show.  

For what it's worth, I found this little flyer from 2015 advertising 24 affordable traveller and gypsy caravans (or pitches) for rent in Jon's hometown of Weston-super-Mare.  https://www.homechoicensomerset.org.uk/Data/Pub/PublicWebsite/ImageLibrary/GT leaflet.pdf

Could be this and also underground (meaning non-sanctioned) boxing. There's a hilarious movie about both, Snatch, with Brad Pitt, Jason Statham and many others.

• Like 2