Jump to content
Drogo

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

Recommended Posts

The UK has all sorts of baby supplies - Asda (the UK Walmart), various grocery stores. Unless there is a specific soap or something, she'll be fine finding stuff. Only it may be a bit more expensive.

She is on an adventure to find love - or another baby daddy. No guarantee the dude is going to be Mr. Right. He would need to face a lot of very hard questions about his background and suitability for any role in her or her kids' lives.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I would totally bring my 8 month old to see/stay with a dude who isn't allowed in the country because he has some specific sort of violent criminal activity in his own country.

The girl has never been to a beauty salon before. Has she been on a plane before? She doesn't know what sort of baby supplies they have in the UK? She's clearly familiar with the internet, can she google? Find TripAdvisor.com? What the fuck is she doing leaving the country?  

That covers everyone on this series.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I keep wondering what is up with the people that want to get an instant family or take on the baggage of someone else immediately after chatting on line a few times and professing their love for that person. 

I have decided that the mental health system in our country has failed, these are the people that have slipped thru the cracks somewhere along in their lives.  The producers of this show mush employee a team of psychologists to help identify the mentally weak and then offer some money and chance to be on TV, wind them up and watch them go so to speak.  I feel a little guilty about watching these people.

That said, if you are going to another country to meet your scammer in person and have not done your research about said country then that is on you and I will watch you flounder around.  Just 'cause you are crazy does not mean you can't educate yourself about where you will be travelling to.

The expense of the Visa and the travelling back and forth and such makes me sad for the children and others that depend on the income, especially the blonde nurses aide that is taking care of her sick mother and quite possibly her daughter that breeds easily.  I get the impression they share one house.  How much do nurses aides make that one can support all that plus a Nigerian scammer?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

She's in for a world of hurts. That would be her problem except she's got 2 small girls she's responsible for - I can't take these women who put their kids at risk like this; they must be so freakin' desperate.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The UK has all sorts of baby supplies - Asda (the UK Walmart), various grocery stores. Unless there is a specific soap or something, she'll be fine finding stuff. Only it may be a bit more expensive.

She is on an adventure to find love - or another baby daddy. No guarantee the dude is going to be Mr. Right. He would need to face a lot of very hard questions about his background and suitability for any role in her or her kids' lives.

She reminds me of...what was her name? The one that went to Italy. With the gummy smile.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I would totally bring my 8 month old to see/stay with a dude who isn't allowed in the country because he has some specific sort of violent criminal activity in his own country.

The girl has never been to a beauty salon before. Has she been on a plane before? She doesn't know what sort of baby supplies they have in the UK? She's clearly familiar with the internet, can she google? Find TripAdvisor.com? What the fuck is she doing leaving the country?  

She shouldn't even be having unprotected sex!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

She reminds me of...what was her name? The one that went to Italy. With the gummy smile.

That would be Cortney.

Jon seems to me--from the photos--to be very short.  His over-muscled torso may be exaggerating his small stature, but I don't think so.  I am not a heightist by any means, but when someone falls off the curve I would think someone would mention it.

I was always annoyed when people told me my hair looked exactly the same after I'd been to the beauty parlor, but now I see what they mean.  Poor beauty operator, hopefully suggesting, "something new and fresh?" and Rachel just having her split ends trimmed off.  Rachel is very pretty and seems like a sweet person, but I agree she seems to be pushing the "your daddy" stuff, which is always a bad sign, even before she has all the deets about Jon's convictions.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

She's in for a world of hurts. That would be her problem except she's got 2 small girls she's responsible for - I can't take these women who put their kids at risk like this; they must be so freakin' desperate.

Yes and what REALLY annoyed me (and I am sure the labor and delivery nurses as well) was having him on FaceTime or speakerphone or whatever the hell it was.  Lady, childbirth is a SACRED and special thing - not something to be broadcast to a stranger.  Ever.  I am sure the nurses were like, "Get that phone out of my way!!!"  

Lucy is a one cute baby though!!!!  Gotta give her that.  I do want Lucy to soak up all of Mommy's attention now as, well.......look at Nicole.  Once Jon is a physical presence, Lucy will be number 2 in her life.  So sad.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Lucy is a one cute baby though!!!!  Gotta give her that.  I do want Lucy to soak up all of Mommy's attention now as, well.......look at Nicole.  Once Jon is a physical presence, Lucy will be number 2 in her life.  So sad.

And her other daughter number 3.

Could be just me but I was annoyed when they kept showing Lucy with food all over her face & outfit in the restaurant. I wanted to wipe her face & put a bib on her. 

Maybe her mom will find a bib in the UK... if they have them. ;-/

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I would totally bring my 8 month old to see/stay with a dude who isn't allowed in the country because he has some specific sort of violent criminal activity in his own country.

The girl has never been to a beauty salon before. Has she been on a plane before? She doesn't know what sort of baby supplies they have in the UK? She's clearly familiar with the internet, can she google? Find TripAdvisor.com? What the fuck is she doing leaving the country?  

To be fair. I have traveled internationally with infants to Western countries that did not carry the (very popular in America) formula brand I used, nor did they carry more than 1 type of baby food (applesauce).  Apparantly everyone over there made their own baby food I was told. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

@gonecrackers Totally agree with why no bib, and why not wipe her face. Some acidic foods can really cause a rash. Baby is 8 months old, she should be eating mushed-up people food by now. I would have also put socks on the baby. jmo

My heart breaks for this simple woman, Rachel, who's never been to a beauty shop, and has such a low opinion of herself. 

It's possible she's suffering from post partum depression, or extreme loneliness. It's tragic she couldn't or wouldn't work it out with the baby daddy. She's taking a huge risk. Jon is not my type, and I can imagine his face when he gets angry. Just thinking of it scares me. Rachel, are you using a contraceptive?  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Jon looks groomed from far away, but he is a scraggly, gross mess up close. Yikes. His beard looks untrimmed and dirty. I’ll bet he has B.O. 

 The fact that Rachel has never been to a beauty salon makes me feel really, really awful for her because  I assume it was because she didn’t have the money and grew up very poor. And that makes me feel even worse that she’s spending the little money she has to go see Jon. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Help if you can :). Jon reminds me of an American actor but I can’t put my finger on it, not someone hugely famous but someone that was maybe in a tv drama or had small roles in movies. He also grew a beard. I know I’m not giving you much to go on but if he looks like an actor you’ve seen... pls let me know... this is driving me crazy! ?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dania said:

Help if you can :). Jon reminds me of an American actor but I can’t put my finger on it, not someone hugely famous but someone that was maybe in a tv drama or had small roles in movies. He also grew a beard. I know I’m not giving you much to go on but if he looks like an actor you’ve seen... pls let me know... this is driving me crazy! ?

In the other thread people were saying Treat Williams. Is that it?

 

FTR Cortney went to Spain to meet Antonio, not Italy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

In the other thread people were saying Treat Williams. Is that it?

 

FTR Cortney went to Spain to meet Antonio, not Italy. 

Oh my gosh, you're right! Why did I think it was Italy? LOL!  I belong right there next to Ms. Nigeria.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Oh my gosh, you're right! Why did I think it was Italy? LOL!  I belong right there next to Ms. Nigeria.

Hey at least you knew they’re both countries!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Do you think Rachel twisted that piece of Lucy’s umbilical cord into a “promise ring” for Jon? 

Oh wait, apparently there’s a market for these keepsakes. View if you dare

https://goo.gl/images/ECFMuW

Edited by magemaud · Reason: Added warning

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

In the other thread people were saying Treat Williams. Is that it?

Younger Treat Williams with a beard . . . slight resemblance.

Capture.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dania said:

Help if you can :). Jon reminds me of an American actor but I can’t put my finger on it, not someone hugely famous but someone that was maybe in a tv drama or had small roles in movies. He also grew a beard. I know I’m not giving you much to go on but if he looks like an actor you’ve seen... pls let me know... this is driving me crazy! ?

This dude from Vikings?

tumblr_nl2ev57f9F1rexg1uo5_1280.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Younger Treat Williams with a beard . . . slight resemblance.

Capture.JPG

Personally I think Treat Williams is WAY better looking, lol!!

 

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Do you think Rachel twisted that piece of Lucy’s umbilical cord into a “promise ring” for Jon? 

I can not imagine sending a piece of umbilical cord to anyone for any reason.  I have a strong stomach but this made me barf in my mouth a little bit.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm praying that if Jon does somehow get a visa that Isabella's dad runs to the nearest family court and brings the tape of this show and makes sure he gets full custody as Jon brings up so many red flags that I fear for her safety and poor little Lucy's.  

And I feel for Rachel's parents.  I'm sure when this all went down, they didn't know how to handle it and I guess by walking away, the mom thought that Rachel would choose her over some random guy in England but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.   So sad on so many levels.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Younger Treat Williams with a beard . . . slight resemblance.

Capture.JPG

I loved him the first time I saw him in 1979 in the movie Hair. He still curls my toes..... *sigh*

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Rachel's mom did what many of us wanted Robbalee to do-not enable her daughter.  This was also the tack taken by Molly's father.  It has got to be so hard to be either a parent or child who understands the poor (and potentially dangerous) decisions being made by a loved one.  Does one support them in their delusions, or does one refuse to support them in their delusions?  Enabling them just makes it easier for them, and as we saw with Robbalee and Nicole, it does not necessarily endear the enabler to the person.  It's a tough call.  Rachel's mother was supportive until Jon's criminal record was shared with her even though Rachel's dad is continuing to support this relationship.  However, Rachel did state that she did not share the severity of the charges with her father.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Dania said:

Help if you can :). Jon reminds me of an American actor but I can’t put my finger on it, not someone hugely famous but someone that was maybe in a tv drama or had small roles in movies. He also grew a beard. I know I’m not giving you much to go on but if he looks like an actor you’ve seen... pls let me know... this is driving me crazy! ?

He reminds me of Jon Hamm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Drogo said:

This dude from Vikings?

tumblr_nl2ev57f9F1rexg1uo5_1280.jpg

Yes! That’s the guy he reminds me of. Rollo! Can’t think of his name in RL, though.

ETA:  I think Rollo showers more often. ( The historical character not the actor.)

Edited by PityFree
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It amazes me in this day and age that people do not research where they are going. When I travel I look up grocery stores etc... and not arrive like a ignoramus.

I have an idea of customs and the place I am going.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve never watched the Vikings, but the actor who plays Rollo has the cool name of Clive Standen in real life. Here’s a photo of him in which I can see why people think he resembles Jon. 

285C9DCF-8DE9-4B6A-8EDE-70FADDEA5FEE.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Emkat said:

Please, please tell me that this thread title is the double endendre I think it is.

Pure speculation, of course. 

 

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’ve never watched the Vikings, but the actor who plays Rollo has the cool name of Clive Standen in real life. Here’s a photo of him in which I can see why people think he resembles Jon. 

285C9DCF-8DE9-4B6A-8EDE-70FADDEA5FEE.jpeg

And he was on a fantastic show called Taken (a variation on the Liam Neeson film series) which I was apparently the only person watching so it was cancelled. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Ok a few things:

1. Everyone should watch the Vikings!! John totally looks like Rollo. One of the best shows ever.

2. I have both my kids' cords in the shape of a heart--my midwife did it. Yeah it's sorta gross BUT I also encapsulated my placentas and ingested them, so I have a high tolerance for such things. The difference is, I didn't give them to an internet stranger. I kept them in their baby books, to embarrass them with later in life. You know, as one does :)

Edited by glitterpussy · Reason: typos
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Drogo said:

 

 

And he was on a fantastic show called Taken (a variation on the Liam Neeson film series) which I was apparently the only person watching so it was cancelled. 

No, there were two of us....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

No way in HELL would i want a man who gets into violent rages and assaults people anywhere near my children . WTF is wrong with Rachel ??? Jon definitely is a Fug IRL yuk!   I thought Rachel had a terrific smile but she’s obviously insane .

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think this is their first meeting. I'm calling shenanigans. Someone said she claimed TLC told them to scrub their profiles clean of any pictures or anything linking them together. Now, I do believe that. I'm betting they met before--either during her pregnancy or when Lucy was a newborn. No way he'd be happy to pay nursery fees, be on the phone during the birth, etc. with an internet love. I do believe he was denied a visa. Maybe the K1 and they had to appeal it. If this was filmed in December/January, and they got married in May, it would make sense that she returned again for the purpose of marrying him to get a spousal visa instead. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

If it wasn't for the other child, whose father is in the US, I would say the simplest thing might be for her to get married and move to England.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I saw that last night. Again, is it reliable? Though didn't they call it when Molly married Luis? Or was that Starcasm? 

The think it was starcasm and I believe the 'source' the time is Reddit, zero credibility  but fun to speculate none the less!

19 hours ago, greekmom said:

So did she marry him on this initial trip to the UK?

No idea, when was the show filmed? Anyway this couple is a bit fishy. If the did get married that was damned quick, but @AussieBabe may be right about them already meeting and being a couple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It seems to me that Rachel has pretty much forgotten about her 7 year old. Lucy is her bond to Jon. It's all very strange to me. Just because he's been kind throughout the pregnancy and pays for her daycare, he is NOT her father. He hasn't even met her. She's very Nicole-like in that respect.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

It seems to me that Rachel has pretty much forgotten about her 7 year old. Lucy is her bond to Jon. It's all very strange to me. Just because he's been kind throughout the pregnancy and pays for her daycare, he is NOT her father. He hasn't even met her. She's very Nicole-like in that respect.

During their Skype call with Lucy, Rachel even referred to him as "Papa". 

Edited by gonecrackers

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

During their Skype call with Lucy, Rachel even referred to him as "Papa". 

I thought that, too, but I think she was Skyping with her father.  I sure hope so!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

I thought that, too, but I think she was Skyping with her father.  I sure hope so!

Maybe someone can confirm, but I'm pretty sure Rachel was Skyping with Jon at the time she said "Papa", not her own father.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×