OnceSane

S07.E01: A Short Kiss Goodnight

On 8/2/2018 at 11:45 PM, voiceover said:

It finally hit me: Nema reminds me of Adam Scott (Parks and Rec).  He seems charming and goofy.  I only hope the "Angelina Jolie's brother" vibe was a one-off.  And of course the whole hitting on GG/has a girlfriend situation appears to be another trip down Shervin Street.

Have you seen the Wet Hot American Summer show on Netflix, maybe the Reunion, where Adam Scott has to fill in for Bradley Cooper and they make him up to look very puffy??  He looks exactly like that!!  

B74A7F9F-B493-49A2-8F00-A1FF0ECE87A0.jpeg

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 3

On 8/2/2018 at 6:36 PM, Mindthinkr said:

How do they even do that finger snap thingy? I got confused just trying to figure out how they held their hands to do it. Loved Mikes comment that his friend was a “sale rack Persian” because he couldn’t do it. 

I figured it out. Put your hands together and snap one index finger off the other index finger. The "snap sound" comes from the downward moving index finger hitting the  side of the middle finger and/or the web area between the two. The cupped hands amplify the sound.

At least it works for me that way.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2018 at 9:05 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Nema and Mona are weird af.

Their whole Parent Trap story is creepy and they need to be studied by a university's psychology department.

It really would make a good Ph.D. research topic. So far they seem connected/attracted - perhaps in a genetic recognition way, but without the normal boundaries that come from being raised together.

• Like 1

Just now, nexxie said:

It really would make a good Ph.D. research topic. So far they seem connected/attracted - perhaps in a genetic recognition way, but without the normal boundaries that come from being raised together.

Ok I was going to bring this up but I wasn't sure if it is too creepy for this forum -- there is that genetic attraction thing that happens when siblings or mother/son, father/daughter reconnect after having not grown up in the roles.  It is super weird, but an actual THING.  I know that there have been a few recent cases in the "news" (DailyMail).  I am getting a weird feeling about these two, in that way.  ((((SHUDDER))))

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Giselle said:

I figured it out. Put your hands together and snap one index finger off the other index finger. The "snap sound" comes from the downward moving index finger hitting the  side of the middle finger and/or the web area between the two. The cupped hands amplify the sound.

At least it works for me that way.

It worked!  It was quiet, bit I did it.

Apparently I'm not feminine.  

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:42 PM, ninjago said:

They are all such high-maintenance, hot-house flowers and I don't understand how they got that way.  It doesn't seem like any of them come from or were raised with real serious money.  I know GG is supported by her family and Mike's family has some successful careers in it, but those seem like well-paid, white collar professional money, not like generational wealth.  Reza is a successful realtor, but not on a Million Dollar Listing level, right?  

Like, on this episode, when Reza said there were no five star hotels in Big Bear so he rented a beautiful home and hired a private chef, I thought, "You people stay in five star hotels?"  Then MJ was like, "Where's the maid?"  Like, the manner to which they are accustomed is white glove, five star service!?  How?  Why?  Then the new girl was like she wants to have a private teacher for her children so they can travel all the time and....where is this money going to come from?  They all seem to think if they act like they have a lot of money, the money will come to them?

Meanwhile they all live in the same types of shitty apartments as the VPR crew, and I know the VPR cast has to be getting paid more than them!

I assumed it was part of their flossing habits.

• Like 2