saoirse

The Umbrella Academy

From The Hollywood Reporter;

The 10-episode drama will launch in 2018 and is based on Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba's beloved comic of the same name.

Two years after it was put in development, Netflix has scooped up the Umbrella Academy TV series.

The streaming giant has handed out a 10-episode straight-to-series order for the adaptation of Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance) and Gabriel Ba's beloved graphic novel. The drama will launch on the streaming service in 2018.

Ellen Page has already been announced, and more news today; Mary J. Blige to Play Sadistic Hitwoman in Netflix's Umbrella Academy Series.

The Oscar nominee is joining the cast of Netflix’s The Umbrella Academy, an adaptation of Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá’s series of graphic novels about the “estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes.” The super-powered siblings must come together to solve their father’s murder, all the while “coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.” (You know, normal family stuff.)

More casting news!

EXCLUSIVE: Cameron Britton (Mindhunter), Colm Feore (House of Cards), Adam Godley (Breaking Bad), are set as series regulars and Ashley Madekwe (Revenge) will recur in The Umbrella Academy, Netflix’s upcoming live-action series from Universal Cable Prods...

Britton will play Hazel, an infamously ruthless and efficient hit-man, currently under contract....

Feore will portray Sir Reginald Hargreeves, a world-renowned billionaire industrialist and eccentric inventor—Howard Hughes meets Elon Musk...

In a voiceover/motion capture role, Godley will play Pogo, a genetically engineered, tweed jacket-wearing, talking chimpanzee...

Madekwe is Detective Patch, a driven, fast riser within the police department focused on solving a string of crimes in the city.

Kate Walsh Joins Netflix's "The Umbrella Academy"

Kate Walsh is set for the recurring role of "The Handler," a composed and confident leader of a mysterious, bureaucratic company. She's always ready to manage any situation, big or small, but it's best not to get on her bad side. That said, her charm is her greatest strength, and she uses it to her full advantage to complete the business of her organization.

"Super. Messed up. Family. The #UmbrellaAcademy is coming 2019."

Word on the street is February?

• Like 2

From Deadline;

The apocalypse is nigh at Netflix. The streaming service on Saturday released the first footage from its live-action adaptation of The Umbrella Academy (premiering Friday, Feb. 15), based on the Dark Horse comic book series of the same name.

• Like 1

This show looks so good, but it's a beast to find the forum for it! I could not find it with the search function, I eventually found it after finding the U and searching at he very bottom. I can't even add it to my list of shows. It looks like its been archived, but it's starting soon so I am not sure.

Anyway, I love Michael Sheehan so I will be watching! The trailer looks fantastic and I can't wait for it to start.

• Like 1

Just finished the first episode and it looks pretty good. Lots of mysterious stuff going on that doesn't makes a whole bunch of sense, but i have faith. I would watch the entire thing for the music alone if the first episode is any indication of what's coming up.

• Like 1

Definitely will keep watching past ep 1. Enough mystery and intrigue, coupled with a killer score, some great performances. I'm interested to see if the tone they chose for this carries through the entire show. Sometimes it is something that comes and goes episodically, but that would be a shame in this case. It gives the show a distinctiveness not found in your typical superhero fare.

Edited by Cthulhudrew