ginger90

Jacob and Izzy

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wanted to post something, and it’s long. So, I started this thread ?

Written by Jacob, posted January  2017.

https://www.rockandroloff.com/writing/2017/1/2/why-im-here

Very interesting read. Here's a little snippet from it:

"Essentially, filming complicated my life and made it busy and serious, especially in contrast to the ever sought after simple life of childhood, with "no worry for the morrow." That simplicity for me came to a halt when the pilot was filmed, I was six years old then. It all lasted until my 18th birthday, 2015, when to my great relief, I saw my name crossed out in red ink on the newest season's contract."

• Like 2

He also contradicts himself by saying he got a good math and English education at Faith Bible when in his other thing he says he dropped out of high school because the teachers sucked and didn’t want to teach.  

Edited by ponyglue
  • Like 1

He writes well, but for some reason it's difficult for me to read it and comprehend what he's saying.  I suppose I'm more into conversational writing, and his writing rambles and veers off track, if that makes any sense.  Now I must Google who this Alan Watts is that he seems to worship.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

He writes well, but for some reason it's difficult for me to read it and comprehend what he's saying.  I suppose I'm more into conversational writing, and his writing rambles and veers off track, if that makes any sense.  Now I must Google who this Alan Watts is that he seems to worship.

I had the same problem. I think he writes to impress, not to communicate.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Tidbit said:

I had the same problem. I think he writes to impress, not to communicate.

Yes, similar to Izzy's "art."  Looks like she spilled a few paint cans on some canvas and called it artwork.  My daughter painted in a similar fashion when she was a toddler.

• Like 1

If normal, intelligent people such as yourselves can’t comprehend his writing, he’s not a good writer! Some people really seem to enjoy the opaque verbosity of writing “philosophy”; it makes them feel smart. I think it just makes them look pretentious. 

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

If normal, intelligent people such as yourselves can’t comprehend his writing, he’s not a good writer! Some people really seem to enjoy the opaque verbosity of writing “philosophy”; it makes them feel smart. I think it just makes them look pretentious. 

Boy looks to be following in brother Jeremy's footsteps.  Too bad.

• Like 3

Browsed his website and saw photos of him smoking.  I think he smokes herb when he writes; that would explain quite a bit.

• Like 6

In some states, marijuana is legal, if you have a doctor's prescription for it.  It is prescribed for some conditions.  Not sure if he comes into that category, but, it's possible. But, generally, alcohol abuse bothers me much more than occasional pot use.  I think I saw the photo you are referring to and it appears that Jacob is DRIVING by the photo and caption. NOT cool, at all.  Posting that, if it is indeed pot, shows really poor judgment.  Of course, it could be some kind of an herbal cigarette. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

In some states, marijuana is legal, if you have a doctor's prescription for it.  It is prescribed for some conditions.  Not sure if he comes into that category, but, it's possible. But, generally, alcohol abuse bothers me much more than occasional pot use.  I think I saw the photo you are referring to and it appears that Jacob is DRIVING by the photo and caption. NOT cool, at all.  Posting that, if it is indeed pot, shows really poor judgment.  Of course, it could be some kind of an herbal cigarette. 

Yes, it could be an herbal cigarette, but I remember years ago reading somewhere that he was a big pothead.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Yes, it could be an herbal cigarette, but I remember years ago reading somewhere that he was a big pothead.

Yes, I read that too.  If it is pot, maybe, he hasn't changed much.  I just think that if he needs it for some medical condition, he shouldn't be driving with it. 

Didn't see the smoking pic, but glanced at his Insta & so many pics of Jacob & Jackson, or just Jackson (he gushes about him)... only spotted one with Ember.  I wonder if it's similar to the other Roloff Insta's? Either the dwarf baby is favored or Ember's kept at a distance.

Izzy's (real name?) finger painting & calling it 'art'; will probably start shilling them online if not already. Jacob's writing strikes me as self serving & pompous. Do they still live in their car? Do either have a real job? 

They're in serious competition with Auj & Jer as to who is more self absorbed.

• Like 5

Jacob's "writing" is indeed arrogant, pretentious, and for me worthless.  It could easily have been done by this ex-fundie who crosses my internet every now again.  They both suffer from too little real life and far too much agonizing over how they've been done wrong in life and finding four to six syllable words to bitch.

• Like 10

"Out To See" (a play on the word "sea") and "Verbing"...ugh, those titles. It's like he's trying to be deep or maybe hip but failing.  Are people really buying these books?

• Like 6

On 6/11/2018 at 8:24 AM, Phoebe70 said:

"Out To See" (a play on the word "sea") and "Verbing"...ugh, those titles. It's like he's trying to be deep or maybe hip but failing.  Are people really buying these books?

Yes if they are fans of the show

On 6/5/2018 at 9:43 PM, ChiCricket said:

Very interesting read. Here's a little snippet from it:

"Essentially, filming complicated my life and made it busy and serious, especially in contrast to the ever sought after simple life of childhood, with "no worry for the morrow." That simplicity for me came to a halt when the pilot was filmed, I was six years old then. It all lasted until my 18th birthday, 2015, when to my great relief, I saw my name crossed out in red ink on the newest season's contract."

I miss seeing him on the show but I do not blame him one bit for leaving, good for him

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Like 3

On 6/6/2018 at 9:50 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Yes, similar to Izzy's "art."  Looks like she spilled a few paint cans on some canvas and called it artwork.  My daughter painted in a similar fashion when she was a toddler.

I agree—-I hate to bash someone’s art work, but I’ve seen art videos on Instagram showing how you can put several paint colors in a cup and pouring the paint on a canvas and swirling. I mean, who couldn’t do that? And she does sell them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finchers said:

I thought they were living with Amy? 

If they aren’t , they are around for pictures a lot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:
8 hours ago, Finchers said:

I thought they were living with Amy? 

If they aren’t , they are around for pictures a lot.

So then another issue is who gets custody of Jacob, Izzy, & the dogs if the place is sold.

Maybe they can all move in with Jer & Auj.   lol

• Like 2

Myself, I prefer reading My Little Golden Book Pokey Puppy......reminded me of my days at Oberlin...…….jeez pretentious much??

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 8:40 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Now I must Google who this Alan Watts is that he seems to worship.

I was so surprised to see that he's into Alan Watts.  I also follow him.   He really has made a difference in my life.  I highly recommend him. 

Spoiler

I like Izzy 1000x more than Audrey.  She actually interacts with her followers a bit, is compassionate and likeable.  NOT SHALLOW sounding at all!

Does Izzy have a job?  I'm assuming they were traveling the country on Jacob's money from the years he was on Little people Big world.... That well have to be running dry... Is that why they're living with Amy now?

She said on her insta stories when someone asked that she is an after school teacher. 

Shes also an artist and sells her work.

Holy crap, he looks so much like Molly in his birthday pic. I never noticed how much they looked alike until this pic.