SilverStormm

What We Do In The Shadows

OMG!  I loved the movie and can't wait for the series.

If you like dark comedy and have not seen the movie, you must.

• Like 3

I loved the movie but I do worry how it's going to translate. I understand it'll be set in New York as a film crew follows another trio of characters. Obviously, I wasn't expecting it to be the same cast and I imagine it's a lot easier to get by as a vampire in New York than a much smaller city in New Zealand. But still. I am excited and hopeful, tho. TBH, I might better like a ten episode series about the werewolves from the film ("we're werewolves, not swearwolves!")

• Like 3

Once again my husband left a pile of dishes in the sink for me to wash.  I had no choice but to put him in the Circle of Shame. 

• Like 6

I LOVE thiss movie too ❤️  I will be making a big plate of pas-ghetti the night it premieres. ? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Like 4

FX Networks Bringing "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Archer" to New York Comic Con

Sunday, October 7, 2018 / 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. in the Hammerstein Ballroom

Based on the classic cult film of the same name, FX presents an exclusive screening of its new vampire comedy What We Do in the Shadows, followed by a spirited discussion with Executive Producers Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi and Paul Simms. Set in Staten Island, What We Do in the Shadows follows three vampires who have been roommates for hundreds and hundreds of years. Following the screening, fans will have a chance to hear directly from the producers about the unending ennui of everyday immortal life that mere humans take for granted. The series will debut on FX in Spring 2019.

The Most Anticipated TV of 2019

“What We Do in the Shadows”
FX
Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi adapted their 2014 mockumentary into a half-hour small-screen series. Featuring a trio of vampires who have been around (and have been friends and roommates) for hundreds of years, the show balances comedic moments of them still struggling to adapt to life with the darker reality of their blood-thirsty urges. The film has a cult following, but Clement and Waititi are not set to star in the series version, so some of the intrigue comes from the unknown aspects.

• Like 2

We have an premiere date! There's more info about the season over at Deadline too.

FX has set a March premiere date and unveiled the official trailer for What We Do In the Shadows, its new vampire comedy series. Based on the feature film of the same from Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, What We Do in the Shadows will premiere Wednesday, March 27 at 10 PM on FX.

Created by Clement, the 10-episode series is a documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of four vampires who’ve “lived” together for hundreds of years. In Staten Island. It stars Matt Berry, Kayvan Novak, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillén and Mark Proksch, who guest starred in the pilot before being promoted to series regular.

• Like 1

I CANNOT WAIT!!! I'll have to make due watching the movie again.  

Edited by teddysmom