SilverStormm

Parking Wars

Heh.  The episode with "Mr. Perfect" ticketing the guy for "commercial equipment on the street" is on right now.  I hope the citizen went to fight that BS ticket.  There's a world of difference between commercial equipment and the stuff that guy had on his personal trailer.  Mr. Perfect is an idiot.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Heh.  The episode with "Mr. Perfect" ticketing the guy for "commercial equipment on the street" is on right now.  I hope the citizen went to fight that BS ticket.  There's a world of difference between commercial equipment and the stuff that guy had on his personal trailer.  Mr. Perfect is an idiot.

I wondered about that issue. Just because the guy personally owns the trailer, does that mean it is no longer commercial property? What makes property commercial? The ownership or the property type itself? The guy looked like he was going to bust a blood vessel screaming at Mr. Perfect.

If the law is that you cannot park trailers on residential streets, I think Perfect wrote a good ticket-- from his point of view-- since what he saw was a work truck on a residential street. There were a couple of windows on the trailer which made it look like the homeowner was having windows installed, further telling Perfect that this was a work vehicle. But I don't know how that stuff is classified. Where is a company putting in windows or doing other work on a home supposed to put a huge work trailer if they are not allowed on the street. 

• Like 1

See, I think that particular ordinance was written so companies wouldn't just think they could park large commercial items (backhoes, loaders, tractor trailers , etc.) on the street and leave them unattended.  It should be up to an enforcement officer to see the difference between that scenario and a citizen actively working on a house renovation and installing residential windows.  And yes, that poor guy was nearly stroking out after that ticket.  Can't say I blame him.  I really hate seeing parking enforcement ride down quiet residential streets just looking to write tickets.  I feel they should focus their efforts on commercial districts or locations where parking is scarce.

The other ones that piss me off in Detroit?  When they put those TINY signs out for "street cleaning" and then show up at 8am to start ticketing people who haven't moved.  Who can see those signs?! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I wondered about that issue. Just because the guy personally owns the trailer, does that mean it is no longer commercial property? What makes property commercial? The ownership or the property type itself? The guy looked like he was going to bust a blood vessel screaming at Mr. Perfect.

If the law is that you cannot park trailers on residential streets, I think Perfect wrote a good ticket-- from his point of view-- since what he saw was a work truck on a residential street. There were a couple of windows on the trailer which made it look like the homeowner was having windows installed, further telling Perfect that this was a work vehicle. But I don't know how that stuff is classified. Where is a company putting in windows or doing other work on a home supposed to put a huge work trailer if they are not allowed on the street. 

In AZ trailers have to be registered just like motor vehicles.  Depending on the weight, they are registered as either commercial or noncommercial.  The registration can be changed from commercial to noncommercial if the trailer is truly noncommercial and below a 10,000 pound GVW.  My money is on Perfect for calling this one correctly.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 2:42 PM, configdotsys said:

I was irritated by the guy who was so willing to spend 10 minutes whining like a baby at Marilyn for giving him a ticket and taking food or diapers away from his baby but was too much of a wuss to have his face shown on TV.

Thanks AZ. I did not know what MFW means either.

I’m watching this episode now, and I still get the same rage watching this jackass bitch and moan and Marilyn and laying a guilt trip on her. It clearly upset her. I wish she had snapped back at him that her job is how she feeds HER kids and she’s not going to put it at risk by not doing her job and writing tickets for cars parked in front of fire hydrants. I never understood how anyone could try to argue down that violation in any way ?

• Like 2

Marilyn annoyed the crap out of me with her tears. WTF is she crying about? Feeling bad because she had to give the give a ticket?? "How is he going to feed his children?" Won't someone think of the children!! Girl bye. Performances like that are exactly why men think they schmooze their way out of things w women.

Gimme a damn break. 

In the words of one of my uncles "drive according to your money". Can't afford a ticket? Then don't get one.

• Like 3

Looks like no more Parking Wars repeats weekday mornings at 6 Central on A&E - I just tuned in to watch and it’s now Live PD: Rewind. Checked my channel guide and I see this going on at least for the next two weeks. Bummer - I like Live PD but Parking Wars was part of my morning routine!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kazzy25 said:

Looks like no more Parking Wars repeats weekday mornings at 6 Central on A&E - I just tuned in to watch and it’s now Live PD: Rewind. Checked my channel guide and I see this going on at least for the next two weeks. Bummer - I like Live PD but Parking Wars was part of my morning routine!

Bummer! I wonder what was up with the commercials saying "It's back. Stay tuned" that another poster mentioned here. 

• Like 1

FYI has afternoon/evening marathons of Parking Wars every week or so, but the days vary, they usually start at 4 p.m. central.    And once a month or so A & E will have a few reruns on early mornings, say 6 a.m. central/7 eastern.      I don't think A & E has marathons in the morning any more, but it's hard to keep up with the various channels specials.  

I have to laugh at the number of people who register a car in a relative's name, and then it gets booted and towed, because the relative has a bunch of tickets from all of the fleet of vehicles they're  registered owners of.  

They reran the 10 best boots, including the number one, the lady who ripped her car to pieces driving away with a boot, in the original Garfield episode so many years ago.   And the other person who bashed at least three other people's vehicles, and the boot van, bashing his way out of the parking space, and hurting his car with the boot.  

9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They reran the 10 best boots, including the number one, the lady who ripped her car to pieces driving away with a boot, in the original Garfield episode so many years ago.   

Check out my avatar. :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love it!    That woman certainly was a character.  

Oveda! Get my keys, Oveda!

I have my DVR set to record PW because I want to get back the original pilot episode which is what that encounter was from. It was recorded 10 years before the show went on the air. Garfield had hair! Richie B, with the hair's father is in the pilot and there's a few others that can be recognized from the pilot in the episodes. That pilot was really good but they have not aired it in forever. Someday I hope to get it back! 

• Like 2

I think the Top 10 Boots with the rabid lady in the red car, and the bumper car guy are as close as we're going to get to the pilot episode.     Seeing Garfield with all of that hair was so cute!

32 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the Top 10 Boots with the rabid lady in the red car, and the bumper car guy are as close as we're going to get to the pilot episode.     Seeing Garfield with all of that hair was so cute!

Oh I hope not. They used to air it among the episodes. If my DVR did not die I'd still have it.... sigh.

• Like 1

Keep looking at FYI network, they seem to have the most frequent marathons.    I think that where I saw the top 10 episode again.   

• Like 1